Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

Frackie Robinson posted:

I don't know when Gunsmoke should have ended, but it was probably around the time the Marshal Dillon's average screen time dwindled to about 8 minutes per episode.

Even in the early seasons (Pre-Festus and as well as pre-color) there are episodes where Dillon is almost entirely absent and it focuses on other characters, sometimes even characters that only appear in a couple episodes throughout the gargantuan run of the show.

Regular Law & Order probably should have ended after Orbach died and definitely after Martin left. I can hardly remember any of the later episodes compared to the stuff from early 2000s.

Shima Honnou fucked around with this message at 05:47 on Sep 18, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

Irish Joe posted:

Which season was the Fat Daphne season, because geez.

Season 8, I think.

Also holy loving poo poo Fraiser went until loving 2004.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

Holyshoot posted:

The new format isn't bad. More drama at least. And the chick's and dudes get hotter every year.

It's been years since I've seen any Real World but reality in general is something that can basically run forever since it's pretty cheap on the whole thing is pretty much just a concept that you can plug different people in with little problems, unless it revolves around a given host or cast of people or something.

Like, Survivor's something that can possibly still be going on after we all die. If the ratings don't dip sharply then there's literally hundreds of thousands of islands and remote locations you can go launch a bunch of people onto with cameras and run games of coconut chess or whatever to decide who wins. I just hope I'm still alive when Survivor: High Earth Orbit and Survivor: Deep Sea Lab both air. Skip Survivor: Low Earth Orbit, it's not as good as High Earth Orbit was.

That '70s Show definitely. It's one of my favorite live-action shows I won't lie, but they really had no loving idea what to do with it after long enough out of high school. Should have cut and run with a strong finish in season 5, 6 at the latest to have that whole "Well we're out of school what do we do with our lives now" poo poo that happens to fresh graduates.

Which leads us to Two and a Half Men, another show with Ashton on it. That went on way too long and should have been done when Sheen was. Hell, it probably should have been over before then but I was already pretty well tuned-out by the time all that drama went down.

Shima Honnou fucked around with this message at 10:00 on Sep 19, 2015

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

computer parts posted:

Speaking of this, CSI (yes, the original one that outlasted its two spinoffs) is finally ending with a two part TV movie next Sunday.

I'd say it was the end of a loving era right there, but there's another spinoff that's still rolling.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Is it weird that there are shows that I firmly believe SHOULD belong or are totally justifiable in this thread yet I still miss them and/or if they're currently running, I still enjoy them even though they're a shadow of their former selves? Several examples for me:

Nah Foochsman that's normal. That '70s Show totally should have been axed seasons before it actually was but it's still one of my fav live-action shows, at least the good seasons. I imagine most people born between 1980 and 2000 probably have a similar thing going with The Simpsons.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice
I tapped out of House when the one character died and became a ghost or whatever the gently caress was going on then. Did it seriously get even worse than that?

Also lol I just realized, House is also a show with a character named Eric Foreman.

Shima Honnou fucked around with this message at 06:23 on Sep 30, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

JazzFlight posted:

Hahaha, this is just so completely ridiculous that they would start a show with a premise like that and try to turn it into a regular sitcom in the first season. That's insane.

I think my favorite part is they even renamed the loving show.

• Locked thread