Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014
I couldn't finish Arrested Development S4- primarily because of just how disparate it is with everyone segregated on their own. It's an ensemble cast- it only works when everyone (or at least more than two people) are in the room together. Also because of how much work Portia de Rossi had done. She wasn't bad looking before, but now she just looks like Ben Stiller's wife. Kinda lovely that in the show they make so much of her nose and then IRL she gets a nosejob- I hope that wasn't an influencing factor.

Plus, the S3 finale ties everything together in a neat little box, so perhaps FOX cancelled it at the right time- but they clearly abandoned it before it was expended, forcing it to wrap itself up. Dunno if I'll go back to the new eps, but I'm always looking for something new to watch rather than just rewatching my favourite old shows.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014
The late great Phil Hartman. Just one of those naturally funny guys, but really normal looking- like Will Ferrell or Fred Willard but combined and turned up to 11.

The Frasier finale was pretty masterful, I thought. My favourite moment might have been Martin sitting in the Eames chair that Frasier originally wanted where he planted his green recliner, and being more comfortable. A decade's worth of Frasier's agita for nothing.

The Fat Daphne was written in because Jane Leeves was pregnant. Different shows hide it in different ways- sometimes they write it in, and other times like Seinfeld, you just get Julia Louis-Dreyfus to carry something in front of her at all times.

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014
Hell's Kitchen stopped being entertaining several seasons ago. As a cooking show, 'reality' show and game show, it does none of these things particularly well. But I will watch anything with Gordon Ramsay.

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014

flashy_mcflash posted:

Roseanne Season 9, I have to respect that they did such a batshit left turn with it to close it out.

I saw bits and pieces of the show in real time but never watched it faithfully. A couple years ago when someone told me the ending, it blew my loving mind. One of those things where I was like "wow, that's so sad" even though to that point I never gave a poo poo.

• Locked thread