Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
South Park did get stale for a few years but I think in the last two years it actually got funny again

If you look over their entire history I think they actually make an effort to keep things fresh and they're willing to evolve their worldviews a little bit and take some risks by arguing against popular opinion on several political matters

Steve Yun fucked around with this message at 06:02 on Sep 13, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

wukkar posted:

Homeland should have ended in the bunker.

I don't think there's another show that dived as sharply in quality as Homeland Season 1 to 2. If you drew a graph of how quickly it went from TV gold to complete poo poo it would look like like 1929 stock market crash

Probably because they burned through the source material and had to start coming up with new stuff in season 2. Same problem Heroes had (ripping off ideas from Watchmen) but even when Heroes was good they were never quite the award winning TV Homeland was.

I'm of the opinion that Homeland's deviation from the source material in the season 1 finale was kinda cool in its own right. Brody decides not to blow everyone up because of a teary phone call from his daughter in a genuinely moving scene. He gives up on his plot and Carrie gets her memory erased which means Brody would never get caught... it was kind of a neat way to tie things up.

Steve Yun fucked around with this message at 23:40 on Sep 14, 2015

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
I dunno if this is common or not, but I actually stopped watching the Shield after season 3 not because it ever got bad but because it got too stressful. Every episode was a heart attack! The end of the world was always around the next corner!

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
Moonbeam City is going to be canceled in a few months, and when it does I'm going to say that it should have been canceled tonight

Steve Yun fucked around with this message at 07:30 on Sep 17, 2015

• Locked thread