Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

letthereberock posted:

I remember when I stopped watching the Simpsons around season 11 it felt like is spent most of my life with that show.

It's really weird to me that there have been more episodes made since I stopped watching then there were the entire time I watched it.

Content: I've often wondered it Parks and Recreation would have been better served if it ended after Leslie won the city council election. While there were some great episodes after that, it did start to feel like the show was kind of crawling up it's own rear end after a while.

The last season of Parks and Rec, aka the Andy and April show, could've easily been cut. The end of the previous season, with the jump cut to 3 years in the future, was a perfect ending point. The last season was just re-treads of old plots or boring plotlines

- Ron and Leslie feuding over what was essentially nothing
- Donna got a throwaway romance plotline to make up for 4 years of being a prop character
- Wayyy too much Chris Pratt

If you ignore the completely mediocre first season and the final season, P&R probably stands as one of the better sitcoms in recent memory. But those anchors really drag it down and I don't think it'll age well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

TurboFlamingChicken posted:

With a new host I think.

I hope they go with Nye. NdGT was great in S1, but he's high on his own supply at this point and should probably chill before he goes the way of Dawkins as far as being a obnoxious atheist just baiting anyone who disagrees with him.

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

I don't have any qualms with his delivery in the show, although it borders on smarmy trolling of anyone who is religious at times. But since then he's kind of adopted that as his default tone whenever he's in the media and I think if that were to carry over to a second season of Cosmos it would diminish the quality of the show.

And you're right, I think he did very little writing for the show, if any at all. Ann Druyan did the lion's share, I think.

Mat Cauthon fucked around with this message at 22:33 on Sep 25, 2015

• Locked thread