Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

TMMadman posted:

The "game" has been around far longer than the internet. Also known as soggy biscuit. I know that I made jokes about it way back in the late 80s/early 90s.

Thankfully, I don't have direct knowledge, but I have to assume it was real well before the internet because people are disgusting.

Yeah, soggy biscuit is how I knew of it in the 90s... what I meant is that the internet brings terrible people together, and due to it's influence what was just a gross game told between kids at scout camps is probably now a very real and awful thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

EL BROMANCE posted:

Yeah, soggy biscuit is how I knew of it in the 90s... what I meant is that the internet brings terrible people together, and due to it's influence what was just a gross game told between kids at scout camps is probably now a very real and awful thing.

Unfortunately, I don't think these things become jokes unless they are actually real to begin with :cry:

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
I've known it as nutter butter and you do it on a cracker.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I always assumed it was some hosed up frat initiation.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Sounds like a Tuesday :shrug:

Pompous Rhombus
Mar 11, 2007
Have you guys not met Margaret?

The Duke posted:

Somebody kill someone, I WANT TO SEE A GHOST!

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

TMMadman posted:

The "game" has been around far longer than the internet. Also known as soggy biscuit. I know that I made jokes about it way back in the late 80s/early 90s.

Thankfully, I don't have direct knowledge, but I have to assume it was real well before the internet because people are disgusting.

In the late 90s i learned of it as Limp Biscuit. I guess it got a name changed based on the hit nookie band

crazycarl
Jun 13, 2001

Welcome to TB Diddlers in Mokena.

Where the special is always Dr Rassmusin's Hot Beef Injection and you can play "Whers my Manometer" with other diners
Holy poo poo Ellie got old

crazycarl
Jun 13, 2001

Where the special is always Dr Rassmusin's Hot Beef Injection and you can play "Whers my Manometer" with other diners
His condos get worse and worse each time

crazycarl
Jun 13, 2001

Concocksions are the worst

Rick Grimes
Oct 12, 2005

We Are The Walking Dead
Jesus Christ, the loving DraftKings plug in the episode. I have to see so much of that poo poo on Sundays already. Followed by an actual DK ad at the break.

OrangeKing
Dec 5, 2002

They do play in October!

Rick Grimes posted:

Jesus Christ, the loving DraftKings plug in the episode. I have to see so much of that poo poo on Sundays already. Followed by an actual DK ad at the break.

That was some audacious product placement.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Considering that scene probably paid for the whole season, I really have no problem with it. It there is a dedicated 60 second scene to draft kings every episode, then its pretty bad.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Dick chicken.

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006
i cant fix avs like this because idk the bbcode - HTML IS BS MAN
They plug it pretty hard on all Earwolf (Paul Scheer) podcasts, including How Did This Get Made, with Paul Scheer and Jason Mantzoukas. Odd seeing it worked into a to show so blatantly but hopefully it's a one-off

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Was this the worst episode of the show to date? I don't think I laughed a single time. Almost laughed at Kevin screaming gently caress you at Taco and him saying that was already Ruxin's password though.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Solice Kirsk posted:

Was this the worst episode of the show to date? I don't think I laughed a single time. Almost laughed at Kevin screaming gently caress you at Taco and him saying that was already Ruxin's password though.

Yeah, the interactions with Taco were funny during perhaps that scene, but they went back to the well about four times too many during the episode, and it wasn't working.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I hope the season ends with Andre winning the league again, marrying Meegan, and her giving away all his hats to the cleaning lady. Circle of life.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Solice Kirsk posted:

I hope the season ends with Andre winning the league again, marrying Meegan, and her giving away all his hats to the cleaning lady. Circle of life.

I feel like it was almost too telegraphed that the coin flip team will win the league this year.

phosdex
Dec 16, 2005

Solice Kirsk posted:

it was a pretty poo poo episode.

nopants
May 29, 2004
The only part I enjoyed was the Draft Kings plug. Draft Kings.

ThNextGreenLantern
Feb 13, 2012

nopants posted:

The only part I enjoyed was the Draft Kings plug. Draft Kings.

Does Draft Kings support a Domination League?

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Yeah it's taken 7 years, but I think I'm finally tired of the EBDB stuff.

moolchaba
Jul 21, 2007
That was not very good, but the drawing was good.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

EL BROMANCE posted:

Yeah it's taken 7 years, but I think I'm finally tired of the EBDB stuff.

Yeah, I liked it when it was an occasional thing, but now it feels like that's all Taco does anymore.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Having a hard time getting through this episode.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
why is this show garbage now

this makes me sad

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
That was loving terrible, easily the worst episode of the series.

The Duke
May 19, 2004

The Angel from my Nightmare

It was really really bad. I don't think I laughed once :smith:

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

It wasn't bad, there just wasn't much that was funny. Ruxin's rant at the end and Taco, of course, loving the wife was the highlight, but the whole condom subplot, deflation jokes, etc seems like they were really struggling in the writers room. Hopefully next week gives us Rafi and Dirty Randi part 3.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

pentyne posted:

That was loving terrible, easily the worst episode of the series.

After thinking about it, this is my opinion, as well.

TUS
Feb 19, 2003

I'm going to stab you. Offline. With a real knife.

I laughed at Gibiatti asking Pete's girlfriend "DO YOU SPEAK ENGLISH?"

"Yes"

"HARD PASS"

...and that was about it.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

I wonder why they are trying to shoehorn all the product placement this season compared to others

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

SaltLick posted:

I wonder why they are trying to shoehorn all the product placement this season compared to others

On their way out so who cares, get paid?

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

SaltLick posted:

A lot of shows turn to that in their waning seasons to make up for budget shortfalls. Subway has funded entire seasons of shows like Chuck and Community. Also, I thought the Draft Kings plug this episode was actually funny.

TUS
Feb 19, 2003

The Dave and Busters episode of It's Always Sunny was amazing, screw the h8rs

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

TUS posted:

It felt really organic for Dennis and Mac to consider Dave and Busters an elegant establishment for very serious businessmen.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

TUS posted:

Watching the clips to that and I don't see how people could think it was serious.

Mortanis
Dec 28, 2005

It's your father's lightsaber. This is the weapon of a Jedi Knight.
College Slice
Yeah, overall pretty weak, but Ruxin's rant got a laugh out of me. The show is always so formulaic, so it comes down to execution and this one was pretty lacking.

They could shake it up and have Kevin recount his time in the World Trade Center.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TUS
Feb 19, 2003

SaltLick posted:

Watching the clips to that and I don't see how people could think it was serious.

It was more about the blatant advertising that was going on. I remember watching it when it first aired, the first commercial after they went to Dave and Busters, was for Dave and Busters. I laughed so hard at the genius behind that.

• Locked thread