Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

Out of interest, where did you get the unmasked pics of the Fans? I thought Alex was the only one we saw unmasked during the game?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

I genuinely liked Richter's levels, except for House Call. It does have probably my favourite track in the game, but it just marked the start of the game's descent into hell for me.

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

mauman posted:

Huh, time to watch an update...

:okpos: :ducksiren: :shroom: :okpos:

woah. I need a drink of water and to lie down.

Seriously, what the gently caress did I just watch?!

Gotta get a grip, man.

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

Lacedaemonius posted:

Also I forgot to mention this before, but if anyone has any requests (characters/levels/challenges/etc.) I'm happy to oblige!

Dallas mask on Jake's final level. People need to see.

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

Makes sense to me: Evan's writing his book to try and make sense of what, at first glance, appears to be a meaningless murder spree. Richard represents something that can't be understood. Evan wants to understand why people murder, but Richard is murder, chaos, the meaningless crime that just is.

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

Pittsburgh Lambic posted:

the midnight animal is an allegory for the forced westernization of russian culture, the police chief falling out of his chair represents the un's helplessness to stop the united states from inflicting more sorrow on the russian populace, hooker's sudden desperate pleas to the pig butcher to get up represent the momentary pang of regret that russia feels as their icbms begin to lift off

Wait a minute, this sounds familiar...

*rips off mask*

Suda51?!

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

I don't think Pardo was trying to get Evan killed. I do think he was trying to scare him off the story though. The entire game, he's like 'the masked killers story will get you nowhere, now this Miami Mutilator guy, he's what all the hip kids are talking about!' Sending him to a place filled with gun-toting thugs in the hopes he'd either get nothing of use or be roughed up a little would fit with that.

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

Just because you can use a turn of phrase, doesn't mean you should. Dress it up in all the indignation you want, but this is one of those times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

Hoss Corncave posted:

I don't know what part of the UK you live in, but while I'm aware of the other definition, you're wrong if you think that the rest of the country thinks that way. It is most definitely not commonly used in the "pork ball" sense.

Yeah, I'm up in Scotland, and I remember my friends giggling at seeing them in a supermarket as kids. And we're talking a good 20+ years ago.

• Locked thread