Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
.TakaM
Oct 30, 2007

Just wanted to share this and I guess this is the most relevant thread, Super Mario Maker 64 romhack:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNZk4ggJkcc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JesseHechtCREATIVE
Feb 20, 2013

​ Creative New Content Weekly

Cuisine
Reviews
Entertainment
Animation
Toys
Images
Videogames
Everything!
I've spent almost two years perfecting these levels and I am finally releasing them online one every Sunday. Please enjoy them and I recommend to download them and play them in groups of four in order of release. Thank you so much for playing these levels and I hope you will eventually enjoy them all. :)

- Jesse

PS - There are two bonus areas per level and one optional Boss Battle in each castle. Can you find them all?

Jesse Hecht CREATIVE Presents: Mario Maker World 1 - Goomba Plains

1-1: Goomba Meadow
Course ID: ECF4-0000-0338-D8D3
Bookmark Page: https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/courses/ECF4-0000-0338-D8D3
Mario begins his quest in Goomba Meadow. He meets Goombas, befriends Yoshi, and treks through two bonus levels on his way to Koopa Fields.

1-2: Koopa Fields and Koopa Hill
Course ID: 2058-0000-033B-6911
Bookmark Page: https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/courses/2058-0000-033B-6911
Mario continues onward and meets Koopas, climbs Koopa Hill, and learns that fire can be a friend.

1-3: Winged River and Para Falls
Course ID: A871-0000-033E-0BFD
Bookmark Page: https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/courses/A871-0000-033E-0BFD
Mario learns that Goombas and Koopas can have wings and travels with Yoshi along the winged river towards Triple Goomba Stack's Fort.

1-4: Triple Goomba Stack's Fort
Course ID: FBC5-0000-0340-AD3B
Bookmark Page: https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/courses/FBC5-0000-0340-AD3B
Mario enters the fiery Fort of the Goomba Army and discovers that not only can coins be deceiving, but the Goomba Army's leader is not a Goomba himself...

2-1: Koopa Troop Mountain Bridge
Course ID: D782-0000-0343-DE38]
Bookmark Page: https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/courses/D782-0000-0343-DE38
Mario crosses bridges and Hammer Brothers while discovering coins in invisible blocks on his way to the Koopa Troop Mines.

2-2: Hammer Bros. Drilling Area
Course ID: 8CAA-0000-0346-5A31
Bookmark Page: https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/courses/8CAA-0000-0346-5A31
Mario goes underground and confronts drill-controlling Red Koopas and Hammer Brothers. He later travels on a track, evading them all.

2-3: Koopa Troop Ore Mining Site
Course ID: B2A5-0000-034C-4F27
Bookmark Page: https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/courses/B2A5-0000-034C-4F27
Mario avoids more drills, gets up to code with safety standards, and meets Buzzy Beetles, the native underground fauna. But… What does the Koopa Troop use all of that emerald and ruby ore for…?

2-4: Para-Sledge Bros. Ore Tower
Course ID: DF08-0000-034C-5086
Bookmark Page: https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/courses/DF08-0000-034C-5086
Mario dashes past the drills, defeats Hammer Bros., and climbs vines as he ascends the ruby and emerald ore tower of the Para-Sledge Brothers … But can he defeat all 11 of them and their leader at the top?

Thank you for playing! :)

JesseHechtCREATIVE fucked around with this message at 18:54 on Aug 1, 2017

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Bookmarked your levels. I'll try them when I finally hook up my Wii U again. If you see a comment by Sean, it's probably me.:v:

I really hope the inevitable Mario Maker on Switch let's us play all the ones people made here.

JesseHechtCREATIVE
Feb 20, 2013

Cuisine
Reviews
Entertainment
Animation
Toys
Images
Videogames
Everything!

SeANMcBAY posted:

Bookmarked your levels. I'll try them when I finally hook up my Wii U again. If you see a comment by Sean, it's probably me.:v:

I really hope the inevitable Mario Maker on Switch let's us play all the ones people made here.

Thanks, Sean! I hope you enjoy them. :)

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
You sure do love those Skewers, huh.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Just turned on the game for the first time in over a year. I'm honestly amazed that none of my courses were deleted in that time.

.TakaM
Oct 30, 2007

I made another Metroid level, it's a Metroid 2 style level since it's the cool thing to do

Samus Returns
F1D1-0000-0356-CDEA

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Always appreciate an excuse to fire the Wii U back up again (please, for the love of god Nintendo, make sure you allow some form of Mario Maker to continue on in the Switch).

That was rad as heck, even if the flying bloopers were a huge pain. I wish there was a way to cascade the Samus mushroom with a fireflower so that you could fire at them instead.

.TakaM
Oct 30, 2007

thanks for playing :D I was gonna give all the Bloopers wings but I quickly realized that was horrible

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Taka, that was good as usual! I played a second time to go for the world record and was very pleased to find the early shortcut that allowed me to skip a particularly tedious room.

I also got back into play Super Mario Maker recently and was pleased to discover that I'd hit a new star level, allowing for ten more levels! This time my niece helped come up with themes while I designed around them. I'm not SUPER happy with all of them, but I do dig what we made together. So here's five new levels!

Skewer Surprise
8859-0000-034C-3AF5

First my niece wanted to do skewers. This one has fallen into Super Expert already, so hopefully you guys can, as usual, prove better than the normal SMM crowd. The hardest parts are probably the Bowser Jr. fight (stick to one side of the screen for awhile to slow offscreen ground destruction) and the mushroom bounce, which is just tricky in general (once you get the mushroom, break the bricks and jump up, wating for the opportune time to run).

New Chomp City
1B6A-0000-034D-81DD

Next she wanted a chomp level, so I was obliged. The mini-boss at the beginning can be tough - you have to survive the bouncing chomps until a spiny helmet comes into reach or find the hidden cape, which will also allow you to bypass the second half of the level if you get through with it and a helmet.

Uncool Ghouls
BCDB-0000-034F-33B3

Next came a ghost house, but she wanted it to be a quick autoscroller. So this level relies on keeping your helmet and killing boos from underneath, which a lot of people seem to forget you can do! There is no checkpoint flag in this level, which might be what is getting it its Expert placement, but it's not so hard. Just make sure you time your jumps right and keep your helmet at all costs!

Overlap It Up
3505-0000-034F-34AE

This is actually an older level I finished in 2016 but didn't have the slots to upload. The gimmick here becomes apparent very quickly. There are a couple of places you can cheese if you know your Mario Maker, but I fully encourage it! Note about the red coins if you're having trouble: You don't need them.

Brain-Bloopers Above and Below!
FF33-0000-0352-23F8

My niece wanted a level where bloopers were mindcontrolling enemies that they sat upon, so that's the gist here. There are two paths through the level, either using a tricky jump to go through the sky or consigning yourself to a slightly more difficult water level below or going halfway through the sky and dropping down to the secret boss. If you go up, I recommend not hesitating through the moving platform section - momentum can help you make it easier. If you go down, keep to the left side to avoid a few enemy spawns.

Hope you guys like these! Will probably be making more soon!

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Little Mac posted:

Skewer Surprise
8859-0000-034C-3AF5

First my niece wanted to do skewers. This one has fallen into Super Expert already, so hopefully you guys can, as usual, prove better than the normal SMM crowd. The hardest parts are probably the Bowser Jr. fight (stick to one side of the screen for awhile to slow offscreen ground destruction) and the mushroom bounce, which is just tricky in general (once you get the mushroom, break the bricks and jump up, wating for the opportune time to run).
Had to bail on this one. Could not consistently get the mushroom to bounce out. I'd either axe the second "level" of the blocks in the second part of that, or at least extend it out so that I'd have a little bit of time to run over, get in position, and then time a jump to get it out. For me at least it was complete luck of the draw if I was able to run though and boom-boom-boom get it out. The pipe under the checkpoint is kind of awkward IMO; I think you could replicate the same exact situation but not make it so weird to get through the pipe every time.

quote:

New Chomp City
1B6A-0000-034D-81DD

Next she wanted a chomp level, so I was obliged. The mini-boss at the beginning can be tough - you have to survive the bouncing chomps until a spiny helmet comes into reach or find the hidden cape, which will also allow you to bypass the second half of the level if you get through with it and a helmet.

Uncool Ghouls
BCDB-0000-034F-33B3

Next came a ghost house, but she wanted it to be a quick autoscroller. So this level relies on keeping your helmet and killing boos from underneath, which a lot of people seem to forget you can do! There is no checkpoint flag in this level, which might be what is getting it its Expert placement, but it's not so hard. Just make sure you time your jumps right and keep your helmet at all costs!
All super solid. New Chomp did require a lot of repetition to burn in the chomp swinging patterns but it was just a matter of time.

quote:

Overlap It Up
3505-0000-034F-34AE

This is actually an older level I finished in 2016 but didn't have the slots to upload. The gimmick here becomes apparent very quickly. There are a couple of places you can cheese if you know your Mario Maker, but I fully encourage it! Note about the red coins if you're having trouble: You don't need them.
Something about the floating buzzy beetles at the end seems broken to me. They overlap very differently the first time you see them vs. when you respawn from the checkpoint, and they are significantly harder if you respawn from the checkpoint. Basically, they become layered in such a way that it becomes completely random when you jump on them whether you live or die. The reason being of course that you jump on one, it goes down a bit, and then proceeds to rise up. If they are bunched up this means you are likely to rise up right into another one and die right away with no real indication as to how you were "off". Also maybe this was intentional but, jumping over the skewer entirely trivializes that final section

Also, t:mad: to you for not needing the red coins in the end. I intentionally killed myself a ton of times so that I could get the two red coins near the checkpoint, then hit the checkpoint so I wouldn't need to get them again. Bah!

quote:

Brain-Bloopers Above and Below!
FF33-0000-0352-23F8

My niece wanted a level where bloopers were mindcontrolling enemies that they sat upon, so that's the gist here. There are two paths through the level, either using a tricky jump to go through the sky or consigning yourself to a slightly more difficult water level below or going halfway through the sky and dropping down to the secret boss. If you go up, I recommend not hesitating through the moving platform section - momentum can help you make it easier. If you go down, keep to the left side to avoid a few enemy spawns.

Hope you guys like these! Will probably be making more soon!
Nice and relaxing all told, good way to wind down after the others.

Your niece did well!

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/NintendoVS/status/920330079061803015

It lives.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Can you play it in the 3DS version? My Wii U is in storage.:(

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

He’s running.

I mean, “They’re making Mario Maker Switch”*.

*There’s no evidence of this.

Caithness
Nov 10, 2012

HEY!!!
YOU CAN SEE ME, CAN'T YOU? THEN WHY ARE YOU IGNORING ME!?

SeANMcBAY posted:

Can you play it in the 3DS version? My Wii U is in storage.:(

No, you can’t play event courses in the 3DS version.

Phobic Nest
Oct 2, 2013

You Are My Sunshine
Boy, I haven't checked this thread in forever...

.TakaM posted:

I made another Metroid level, it's a Metroid 2 style level since it's the cool thing to do

Samus Returns
F1D1-0000-0356-CDEA

That was great, really nice backgrounds.

Nate RFB posted:

That was rad as heck, even if the flying bloopers were a huge pain. I wish there was a way to cascade the Samus mushroom with a fireflower so that you could fire at them instead.

I've felt the same way about Mega Man which I guess is why I've made a couple of levels with him in the Fire Clown Car so he could shoot at enemies.

No costume reward? Bummer. Still a pretty fun stage.

Guess I should leave my profile link while I'm here; my last several courses are pretty easy and highly gimmicky.

https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/profile/Persidian?type=posted

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.
I haven’t felt this dumb in a long time but can anyone help me understand how to reliably place an element vs drag an element to “draw” with it (making a line, etc.)? It seems like random chance and I’ve been googling for a half hour with no helpful results.

.TakaM
Oct 30, 2007

you can draw a line if you start pressing the stylus in a place that isn't occupied by another block/object, to place blocks/objects individually you just tap the stylus in the place you want it

JesseHechtCREATIVE
Feb 20, 2013

Cuisine
Reviews
Entertainment
Animation
Toys
Images
Videogames
Everything!
Made some more levels and re-uploaded my old ones so they're all in sequence.

Finally got 150 Stars so I can upload more levels after these:

I've spent more than two years perfecting these levels and I am finally releasing them online one every Sunday. Please enjoy them and I recommend to download them and play them in groups of four in order of release. Thank you so much for playing these levels and I hope you will eventually enjoy them all. :)

Best of Luck,

Jesse

PS - There are two bonus areas per level and one optional Boss Battle (two in World 3) in each castle. Can you find them all?

World 1 - Goomba Plains

1-1: Goomba Meadow
ADAE-0000-036D-A6DD
Mario begins his quest in Goomba Meadow. He meets Goombas, befriends Yoshi, and treks through two bonus levels on his way to Koopa Fields.

1-2: Koopa Fields and Koopa Hill
61E3-0000-036D-A6E9
Mario continues and meets Koopas, climbs Koopa Hill, and learns that fire can be a friend.

1-3: Winged River and Para Falls
E8D8-0000-036D-A6F4
Mario learns that Goombas and Koopas can have wings and travels with Yoshi along the winged river towards Triple Goomba Stack's Fort.

1-4: Triple Goomba Stack’s Fort
65A8-0000-036D-A768
Mario enters the fiery Fort of the Goomba Army and discovers that not only can coins be deceiving, but the Goomba Army's leader is not a Goomba himself...

World 2 - Koopa Troop Mines

2-1: Koopa Troop Mountain Bridge
4AAE-0000-036D-A774
Mario crosses bridges and Hammer Brothers while discovering coins in invisible blocks on his way to the Koopa Troop Mines.

2-2: Hammer Bros. Drilling Area
CDA9-0000-036D-A77A
Mario goes underground and confronts drill-controlling Red Koopas and Hammer Brothers. He later travels on a track, evading them all.

2-3: Koopa Troop Ore Mining Site
3E76-0000-036D-A77D
Mario avoids more drills, gets up to code with safety standards, and meets Buzzy Beetles, the native underground fauna. But… What does the Koopa Troop use all of that emerald and ruby ore for…?

2-4: Para-Sledge Bros. Ore Tower
6B7C-0000-036D-A783
Mario dashes past the drills, defeats Hammer Bros., and climbs vines as he ascends the ruby and emerald ore tower of the Para-Sledge Bros. … But can he defeat all 11 of them and their leader at the top?

World 3 - Blooper Ocean

3-1: Cheep-Cheep Corals
26A3-0000-036D-B0B9
Mario has heard tale of a giant Blooper as he crosses the waters of Blooper Ocean, but is it really giant, or even a Blooper at all?

3-2: Deep Blooper Sea
5133-0000-036D-B0BF
Mario finally meets the real Bloopers as he crosses the ocean towards a wrecked ship. But can he make it to the ship while under fire from Bullet Bills?

3-3: Sunken Bonefish Shipwreck
6F25-0000-036D-B47B
Mario explores a sunken ship filled with pink coins, cannons, and undead Bonefish, but are these red coin trials purposefully wasting Mario’s time?

3-4: Blooper Family’s Sub-Castle
7BE5-0000-036D-B5DF
Mario must save the Blooper Mother and her children from Kamek! He treks through the Underwater Castle while avoiding Cheep-Cheeps, Lava Bubbles, and Bullet Bills… But where is the Blooper Father?

World 4 - Thwomp Desert

4-1: Hot Hot Lava Bubble Dunes
22657-0000-036D-EAE0
Mario travels into the sweltering desert where he meets some Hammer Bro foes and his dinosaur friend, Yoshi, yet again.

4-2: Lakitu’s Déjá Vu Desert
9EE9-0000-036D-EAE6
Mario dodges Bob-Omb-throwing Lakitus and fire bars as he ventures further into the desert… But has he been here before?

4-3: Inside Thwomp Pyramid
B96B-0000-036D-EAE9
Mario finds his way out of the Thwomp Pyramid filled with oppressive falling Thwomps. Will he get through, or will this be Mario’s tomb as well…?

4-4: Twin Thwomp Sisters’ Villa
C8AB-0000-036D-EAEF
Mario crashes the Twin Thwomp Sisters’ summer home, dodging Thwomp traps and tricks along the way. It appears that Mario is not the Twins’ only visitor, though…

World 5 - Wiggler Forest

5-1: Bramblebushes and Treetops
E320-0000-036F-BF79
Mario goes from the underbrush to the tops of the trees, thanks to the Propellor Cap, but is that a Giant Wiggler in the distance?

5-2: Helpful Big Para-Wiggler
C7F3-0000-036F-BFF7
Mario and Big Para-Wiggler trade P-Switch button presses as they head to Wiggler Village, but can Mario press his buttons by the time Big Para-Wiggler gets to the arrow?

5-3: Peaceful Wiggler Village
B046-0000-036F-C001
Big Para-Wiggler gives Mario a tour of Wiggler Village and the Big Wiggler Tree. As he collects pink coins and dodges the bugs inside, he notices a P-Switch…

5-4: Koopa Troop Forest Fortress
37CA-0000-036F-C01A
Mario fights his way through the Koopa Troop Forest Fortress (containing most of the foes he had let into the Big Wiggler Tree) to rescue Big Para-Wiggler from Kamek!

Thank you for playing! :)

JesseHechtCREATIVE fucked around with this message at 03:47 on Nov 13, 2017

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I wish my Wii U wasn’t in storage. Miiverse dying tonight is going to take away a lot from this game.:smith:

spongeh
Mar 22, 2009

BREADAGRAM OF PROTECTION
So what's the damage like post-Miiverse?

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

spongeh posted:

So what's the damage like post-Miiverse?

The game got a post Miiverse patch and it works pretty much the same sans any posts. You can still star stages but that’s it.

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben
This means all the mid-level comments are gone, right? My slide-jump tutorial level is kinda ruined then.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Rollersnake posted:

This means all the mid-level comments are gone, right? My slide-jump tutorial level is kinda ruined then.

Yup.:smith:

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
I had a stupid level idea that I never got round to making and now that comments are gone it wouldn't work anyway. So I'll just share what would have been:

it would be called "Mario's Egotistical Quiz". You probably played some stupid quiz levels where it's like "which one is a Pokemon?" and there's three question boxes with amiibo costumes in and one is, say, Jigglypuff, so you go in the door underneath that. The other two kill you.

There's shitloads of Mario mystery mushroom costumes. So it'd be like "question one: who is the best racer?" with like, I dunno, Captain Falcon, Sonic, Kart Mario. Mario is correct. If you pick wrong, the comment is all "you idiot!!!! how can you think that??" Then I dunno, next Q is "who is the smartest?" and one is Dr. Mario. The answer would always be a different Mario and the questions would turn into dumb poo poo like "who can you always count on", "who could bench press your dad", "who is the most perfect to ever live".

After the quiz you get a straight corridor to the exit with the disco effect blaring and mystery mushrooms raining on you. They constantly turn you into different marios. maybe a comment at the end like "NOW SEE WHO IS THE TRUE HERO!!!!"

I might have been drinking when I thought of this

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

i am sad that stage can no longer be created, because it sounds good

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

You could still do that. I’ve played similar levels with stuff written out in blocks or pictures.

JesseHechtCREATIVE
Feb 20, 2013

Cuisine
Reviews
Entertainment
Animation
Toys
Images
Videogames
Everything!
Re-uploaded some levels (if anyone happens to care or want to play them).

Sad to see the Miiverse gone, but we'll get SMM2 sooner or later... You think they'll let the old stages be in the new game?

Also, what items / enemies would be in the new one? I'm thinking Boomerang/Fire/Ice Bros with the Ice Flower as a new item.

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

i still get all the little miis on the main menu with speech bubbles and junk, i thought that was supposed to get shut down? is that not miiverse?

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Yeah don't worry you can still do high-concept maps where you make the player hit a P-switch that kills Yoshi before going through a door that takes them to a long passage that spells out "WHY DID YOU KILL ME, MARIO" in coins

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

JesseHechtCREATIVE posted:

Re-uploaded some levels (if anyone happens to care or want to play them).

Sad to see the Miiverse gone, but we'll get SMM2 sooner or later... You think they'll let the old stages be in the new game?

Also, what items / enemies would be in the new one? I'm thinking Boomerang/Fire/Ice Bros with the Ice Flower as a new item.

Honestly I have been playing the e-card levels from Super Mario Advance 4: Super Mario Bros. 3 and they clearly had access every to every Advance asset (2, World, and Yoshi’s Island) possible and made same crazy levels. They need to give us that toolset.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Kly posted:

i still get all the little miis on the main menu with speech bubbles and junk, i thought that was supposed to get shut down? is that not miiverse?

That was tied to Miiverse. They should just be giving you the default system speech bubbles now but maybe some are cached on your system.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

I had some levels already made that I never uploaded due to hitting the max upload, but I recently got enough stars so here's what is probably my last set of levels. Too bad I didn't think to post them here until after miiverse closed.

Up brick creek without a paddle. - fyi this one's pretty hard but short

When bricks fly

Luigi's powerful plants

Brickhouse Showdown

Walljump Cannon Canyon - fyi this one's also hard but also not short

• Locked thread