Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ThatNateGuy
Oct 15, 2004

"Is that right?"
Slippery Tilde
So, I've finally splurged and built myself a gaming/music making rig. It needs a monitor so I can sperg about fps losses and texture quality with the best of them. My colleague has recommended BenQ as a brand to me, but I have zero experience with them, so feel free to chime in your brand loyalty. Here are my requirements and preferences.

:siren: Requirements :siren:
  • At least 16:9 aspect ratio.
  • At least 1080p native resolution.
  • At least 60 Hz refresh rate.
  • At least 23" or ~58 cm screen size.
  • At least one DisplayPort port.
  • At least one HDMI (ugh) port.
:dance:Preferences:dance:
  • 4K resolution or higher.
  • Multiple high bandwidth inputs. E.g. DisplayPort, HDMI, USB type C.
  • (O)LED for lower power consumption and operating temperature. I'm open to arguments against this one.
  • High color accuracy. I can use some education on this.
  • Reasonably lightweight as I'm in the process of moving, so my room may be rearranged many times.
  • Long lasting and high resale value.

Now I turn to you, O knowledgeable and wise consumer goons, for your sage advice in these important matters.

have a blessed day

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

If you're having problems you're either holding the phone wrong or you have tiny girl hands.
Oled monitors do not exist for consumer use.

Also dont expect high resale value on any pc component.

ThatNateGuy
Oct 15, 2004

"Is that right?"
Slippery Tilde

Don Lapre posted:

Oled monitors do not exist for consumer use.

Also dont expect high resale value on any pc component.

Okay, fair enough. That's why I listed them as preferences.

mdh1975
Sep 4, 2011
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3372494

Daily Forecast
Dec 25, 2008

by R. Guyovich
I have this one and I really like it. http://www.amazon.com/Acer-G276HL-Gbd-27-Inch-Widescreen/dp/B00G5AEZOQ

edit: oh, no HDMI port. Still a really nice monitor though.

Daily Forecast fucked around with this message at 00:05 on Sep 11, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thebushcommander
Apr 16, 2004
HAY
GUYS
MAKE
ME A
FUNNY,
I'M TOO
STUPID
TO DO
IT BY
MYSELF

ThatNateGuy posted:

So, I've finally splurged and built myself a gaming/music making rig. It needs a monitor so I can sperg about fps losses and texture quality with the best of them. My colleague has recommended BenQ as a brand to me, but I have zero experience with them, so feel free to chime in your brand loyalty. Here are my requirements and preferences.

:siren: Requirements :siren:
  • At least 16:9 aspect ratio.
  • At least 1080p native resolution.
  • At least 60 Hz refresh rate.
  • At least 23" or ~58 cm screen size.
  • At least one DisplayPort port.
  • At least one HDMI (ugh) port.
:dance:Preferences:dance:
  • 4K resolution or higher.
  • Multiple high bandwidth inputs. E.g. DisplayPort, HDMI, USB type C.
  • (O)LED for lower power consumption and operating temperature. I'm open to arguments against this one.
  • High color accuracy. I can use some education on this.
  • Reasonably lightweight as I'm in the process of moving, so my room may be rearranged many times.
  • Long lasting and high resale value.

Now I turn to you, O knowledgeable and wise consumer goons, for your sage advice in these important matters.

have a blessed day

http://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=12520

Buy that one and tell me how it is :D

• Locked thread