Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sprecherscrow
Dec 20, 2009
Baseball is yet another sport that would be improved by allowing suplexes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

LeftistMuslimObama posted:

Yes, but baseball is cool and good and you should watch it instead.

Lol no

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
I got an email from the UFC shop site that spoiled the outcome.

team faber "dominates", erosa wins, I assume

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Yet another thing for shit_atom's_wrong_about.xls

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011
So there was no new episode??

tesilential
Nov 22, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

LeftistMuslimObama posted:

Yes, but baseball is cool and good and you should watch it instead. The two games FS1 aired yesterday were loving crazy.

Baseball is pretty cool but my [bad] team is out so meh. Also went wade fishing instead and caught a nice shark which I just ate which was good and cool and also extremely bad rear end.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

LobsterMobster posted:

I got an email from the UFC shop site that spoiled the outcome.

team faber "dominates", erosa wins, I assume

really excited to see artem lose super badly.

Ogantai
Apr 21, 2003

Full of bologna

How can Urijah have been pushed into doing another season of this show and not demanded that the uniforms be shirts vs skins?

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
In Boston, there's a couple of sight-seeing tour buses, like this one:

That company has branded a few of its buses with Ultimate Fighter ads. It's just a row of different giant Conor McGregor war paint faces. There migt be one of Urijah Faber. Pretty good brand synergy, honestly.

I haven't been able to snap a pic of one yet, but I aim to.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Ironic Twist
Aug 3, 2008

I'm bokeh, you're bokeh
Is anyone watching the Conor McGregor/Cody Garbrandt variety hour

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
Conor McGregor spent 20 minutes building up TJ vs Faber for free, Faber looks sheepish throughout.

Ironic Twist
Aug 3, 2008

I'm bokeh, you're bokeh
Julian looks like the white guy from Cypress Hill

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
has Dana White ever said a fight wasn't interesting?

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
I feel like round 1 is probably Mehdi, but I wouldn't be shocked to see the judges have it the other way.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
this is an enjoyable fight

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

fatherdog posted:

I feel like round 1 is probably Mehdi, but I wouldn't be shocked to see the judges have it the other way.

Yeah same, not sure why Conor thought round 1 was such a blowout.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
lol what

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
should have gone to a third

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

-Atom- posted:

should have gone to a third

Yeah but I think you'd still have a weird split scorecard with the way they matched up.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

-Atom- posted:

has Dana White ever said a fight wasn't interesting?

I can't say for pre-fight, but I've seen Dana White rip into a million lovely fights while they were in progress and after.

mewse
May 2, 2006

Mr. Nice! posted:

I can't say for pre-fight, but I've seen Dana White rip into a million lovely fights while they were in progress and after.

Yep, he's not hesitant to say a fight sucked

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

1st AD posted:

Yeah same, not sure why Conor thought round 1 was such a blowout.

I watched 60% of the first round because TUF as i glanced up from very important internet browsing on my laptop tonight, but I thought bagdhad won the first round. nsac, gimme a call. i can phone it in from cage-side too.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Eat This Glob posted:

I watched 60% of the first round because TUF as i glanced up from very important internet browsing on my laptop tonight, but I thought bagdhad won the first round. nsac, gimme a call. i can phone it in from cage-side too.

Same for me, but I might have been biased by a dude named Baghdad beating up Conor's warboy to get into the house.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Was there a show this week?

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

ICHIBAHN posted:

Was there a show this week?

Not according to my DVR schedule.

And finally caught that bus:

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Nice. Cheers.

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

:qq:He expended too much energy and got tired:qq:

I'M NOT SURPRISED MOTHERFUCKERS
Yeah there wasn't because of the world series

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

In Mypos, only the strong survive.

Lofty goals. "I want to be remembered as the guy that was smart enough not to wear a bandanna with a penis drawn on it."

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Dantu posted:

Lofty goals. "I want to be remembered as the guy that was smart enough not to wear a bandanna with a penis drawn on it."

tbf that would put you in the top half of TUF contestants

Sprecherscrow
Dec 20, 2009
Seeing the traditional "dudes get drunk and almost come to blows" episode tonight, and I wonder if a friend of Bill's ended up on the show if they'd make an accommodation for them to leave the house to go to a meeting a couple times a week. Good god it'd be hard not to drink being on this show, all the booze you can drink and little else to do.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

I love Swedish "stand and bang" guy.

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k
“The first fight is cheap-rear end leg locks." - Svensson

LOL

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

That promo is really fishing for a McGregor x Faber fight, hunh.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

kimbo305 posted:

That promo is really fishing for a McGregor x Faber fight, hunh.

tbf I would like to see McGregor smash Faber's dork rear end now

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Conor would knock faber the gently caress out.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
Haha they just showed an ultimate fighter preview for next week and Gruetz is back in because someone gets injured or something. And he's fighting Artem.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
I'm pretty surprised they would give that away before the episode when they finished the last one by basically teasing that Gruetzemacher (that name amuses me to no end) MAY have a chance to come back because someone possibly can't continue...and then they casually go "Yes" and "dude with elbow injury" in a 10 second spot.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
Dana wearing ripped, faded jeans is my everything

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

genderfluid and beautiful
Feb 1, 2005

I've liked the back and forth between Conor and Faber all season, like someone else said it has seemed good natured.

I did not feel this way about their PPV money discussion.

Unrelated, the Dana White thumb booger technique right before the camera cut away

• Locked thread