Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Odddzy
Oct 10, 2007
Once shot a man in Reno.
Yeah, the guys making good money in grappling are very few and far between.

Eddie Cummings for example is like the number one guy right now in the world of no-gi leglocks and has, from an interview, admitted he now makes enough money for it not to be a big issue but he isn't rich in any kind of way and would make a lot more cash if he stayed in engineering (or lab work, I forget).

Odddzy fucked around with this message at 06:31 on Dec 11, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Odddzy
Oct 10, 2007
Once shot a man in Reno.

Bubba Smith posted:

I know nothing of the grappling world but could Rousimar Palhares make any kind of money on that circuit now that's he's finished with most major MMA promotions? Or is he too retarded/scary to get anyone to show up to his seminars?

He's gonna be much poorer now but I don't know the numbers he made before versus after his contract with the UFC. Some people can make a decent living owning a successful gym and touring doing seminars but from what I understand Palhares is bad at both of these things. You simply do NOT want to train with Palhares. The risk factor is simply too great. Another guy that trained with Cummings, Garry Tonon, was also into leglocks in a very big way and when asked in the past if he would ever train with Palhares he flat-out refused, saying that Palhares is a danger to anyone training with him and hurt multiple training partners. The only person apparently that he would spar and drill safely with is his brother. Fatherdog could probably weigh in on this more than I can since he apparently is affiliated to the school of Eddie and Garry.

Another interesting thing I heard is that Eddie was in talks to have a match with Palhares before he tore his MCL recently. It was mentioned he was in talks about it for the Polaris 3 tournament.

While we are at it, Fatherdog, what place would you recommend for leglocks in the US? I might want to plan a trip and i'm going to either Austin Texas or New-York in the near future. New-York combat Sambo?

Odddzy fucked around with this message at 06:51 on Dec 11, 2015

• Locked thread