Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
It almost seems like the shows editing is framing McGregor as this guy who is only really there for himself and doesn't give a poo poo about the fighters which is an odd thing to do for their golden boy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

CommonShore posted:

Where are you getting this? Literally one episode has been shown, and it ended with McGregor meeting his team for the first time.

:goonsay:

That moment where Conor walks into the locker room hugs one guy and walks out and then they cut to Urijah shaking everyone's hands and shooting the poo poo really sticks out.

Edit: Thanh Le looks like one of the most exciting fighters this season.

Le Saboteur fucked around with this message at 01:28 on Sep 11, 2015

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

EmmyOk posted:

Lebov was terrible I hope he is knocked out early because Conor is definitely brining him back as his wild card.

He's been probably the cockiest guy with the shittiest professional record on this season.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

Meowbot posted:

The first episode was pretty good and I'm excited for the rest of the season. I wanna see Thanh fight again because his knock out was slick and he had some nice kicks. There was a few decent fighters and the episode showed promise for this season. That heel hook was great too. I loved the guy who said that he believes no man can beat him and then he got owned in front of his wife and Dana yelled at the ref to stop the fight. That was funny.

Oh god that was an uncomfortably long beating. The constant cuts back to his partner didn't help.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

Guy dislocated his shoulder 3 times and only quit when his opponent took him down and sat on it. That looked painful as hell.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

The only prospects I see on this show right now from the eliminations seem to be on the American side.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

tesilential posted:

I bet McGregor threatened to walk or just half rear end the season when his teammate lost the fight to get in the house and that's why they brought him and the other guy back.

Artem was literally the only guy they showed him giving any attention to in the premiere so at least in the editing of the show this makes sense.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

tesilential posted:

I'm also McGregor screaming at his fighter to "get up!"

Ah I see he's taking tips from the Rampage Jackson school of TUF cornering.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

LobsterMobster posted:

Conor saying there's a difference between losing and getting caught makes me wonder if he has the same view on his losses.

I think I read something a few years ago that said fighters that accept their losses make better improvements than fighters that treat them as flukes.

It's probably how he explains away his loss to Joe Duffy.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

The episode where Artem gets merc'd by some Team USA guy is going to be a fun one.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

Looks like in the promos for tonight's episode Conor has gone from yelling get up! to Stand on your feet from the corner. Evolution!

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

Thats one thing I've really noticed in the show is Conor McGregor's commitment to always sitting and standing with the best possible posture. Dude never slumps or slouches.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

Finally watching episode 3 and Conor melting down during the fight is simultaneously the worst and best thing.

Especially paired with Urijahs calm and generally helpful instructions. Instead Conor is alternately yelling stand up and calling his fighter a bitch.

Le Saboteur fucked around with this message at 01:56 on Sep 25, 2015

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

SalTheBard posted:

Conor lashing into Sasha in front of the team made me a little uncomfortable to watch. I thought that was a pretty lovely thing to do.

Yeah, calling your own fighter a bitch in front of your entire team is pretty rough.

But also, Conor and his corner telling him to keep it on his feet going into to the second round and then he immediately shoots a single is one of the funniest things I've seen happen during a fight in The Ultimate Fighter.

Le Saboteur fucked around with this message at 14:39 on Sep 28, 2015

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

Who's ready for this weeks Conor McGregor cage side yell times?!

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

2DCAT posted:

Was up in NY for the No Gi Pans and heard a rumor from multiple sources: Ryan Hall makes it to the finals. Not sure if anyone has heard the same, or something different.

I would not be surprised at all if Ryan Hall takes the whole thing. His jiu jitsu is just miles above anyone's and that 50-50 guard just seems to confuse everyone on the show.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

Haha they just showed an ultimate fighter preview for next week and Gruetz is back in because someone gets injured or something. And he's fighting Artem.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

sportsgenius86 posted:

Hahahahahahahahahaahahaha Artem is so hosed

What happened to Artem?

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

sportsgenius86 posted:

Saul's retarded rear end lied on his visa application and can't get into the US so Ryan Hall is fighting Artem in the finals.

I always knew Ryan Hall would make it to the finals.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

Also that Polish guy was a pretty boring fighter and Dana hates those boring guys and the Polish.

• Locked thread