Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Street Horrrsing posted:

“I brought them in the other day, and I told them, ‘Forget Team Europe. Forget Team USA,’” McGregor said. “It’s fake, and it’s fabricated. It’s all fabricated bullsh-t in this business. I told them to remember their team back home. Remember their families. Remember why they’re here. They are here for their people back home, their families and their financial security. All the rest of it is absolutely nothing. I explained that to them.”

That seems consistent with his no self-made men quote. Also like FD said he is providing his coaches that helped mould him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Lebov was terrible I hope he is knocked out early because Conor is definitely brining him back as his wild card.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Tezcatlipoca posted:

It will be cool to see Hall submit all of these dudes.

Those heel hooks are sweet as heck, and he said they're not even what he's best at!

Also can someone who knows BJJ better tell me if Frantz had a chance to escape when McGregor said he did. It did seem like he decided to try and attack Hall on the ground rather than extricate himself at the start of the scrambley bits. Or am I totally wrong?

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Europe doing much better than expected.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

kimbo305 posted:

If it weren't for Artem being at Conor's gym, I bet he wouldn't care at all.
But because Artem is, I wonder if McGregor will grouse at all about Hall being unfairly handpicked for the spot. Probably no way to, with the scrutiny of his title match.

Ryan Hall has trained at SBGi since filming wrapped so I'd imagine they are on fine terms.

• Locked thread