Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

02-6611-0142-1 posted:

McGregor's knowledge of the position is probably not a tenth of Ryan's. The best publically available instructional material available on the 50/50 guard is a 4 hour DVD set released by Ryan Hall himself, and it was six years ago, which means he's probably made a lot of tweaks and improvements since then.

edit: so, no

McGregor attended a seminar of Ryan's where he went over the 50/50 guard (and a number of other things). This was maybe 2 years ago now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k
Was up in NY for the No Gi Pans and heard a rumor from multiple sources: Ryan Hall makes it to the finals. Not sure if anyone has heard the same, or something different.

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

Gravy Boat 2k
“The first fight is cheap-rear end leg locks." - Svensson

LOL

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

Gravy Boat 2k
LOL!! It's ADCC all over again!

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

Gravy Boat 2k

fatherdog posted:

Garry and I used to train together a lot when we were both purples, but since he opened his own place we generally only see each other at tournaments. He and Eddie train together at Renzo's in New York, which Yuns could give you better details on the times of since he trains there too. I know Steve Koepfer at NY Combat Sambo from way back; he's a good guy who knows his leglocks as well. You wouldn't go wrong brushing up on leglocks at either place; they have different approaches to the leglock game. Renzo's is obviously larger and has a lot more high level guys there in general, of course. If you'd be there for any length of time I'd check out both.

In Austin there's a couple good BJJ places but none that I'm aware of that have anybody specifically noteworthy for leglocks. I don't know stuff off the coasts very well, though.

I've trained with Sambo Steve a bit as well and would highly recommend him.

• Locked thread