Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
I was just happy to make the playoffs after trading away Ovechkin/Ekblad/Crawford. Ending up in 6th after 13th was nice, and next year will probably be when I go on a better run with Forsberg/Gaudreau/Hellebuyck and Trockeck, Johnson, or Palat as my keepers (they add up to about $30 at most)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.
I think the Crosby add should be honoured.

fancy stats
Sep 9, 2009

A man's man, wears a lot of denim, tells long stories and has oatmeal saved from this morning.

mentholmoose posted:

I missed out on that Crosby by $4 thanks to spending half my budget on Duchene. :argh:

I don't know if I'm missing something here, I thought keepers were based on the draft value anyways, as long as the player was drafted?

Was actually kind of wondering about that, if a player gets waivered for more than he was originally drafted, does that then become the base keeper cost?

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

I love capitalism!! DM me for the best investing advice!

fancy stats posted:

I don't know if I'm missing something here, I thought keepers were based on the draft value anyways, as long as the player was drafted?

Was actually kind of wondering about that, if a player gets waivered for more than he was originally drafted, does that then become the base keeper cost?

A while back karlsson got wavered and picked up for 60 and kept at that price.

I'm hindsight I don't think we should be able to waver keepers after the trade deadline

fancy stats
Sep 9, 2009

A man's man, wears a lot of denim, tells long stories and has oatmeal saved from this morning.

Veskit posted:

A while back karlsson got wavered and picked up for 60 and kept at that price.

I'm hindsight I don't think we should be able to waver keepers after the trade deadline

I thought we changed the rules because of that specific incident?

Keeper rules are confusing.

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET
I would figure, if there's any reason not to give Crosby to whoever picked him up, it would be because the season was already over. Other than that, I don't really see any issue with it.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
I don't think we changed the rules, I'll have to check. My argument against it would be he was added after the season.

MagicCube
May 25, 2004

I think the Karlsson one was fine at the time because it was right after he had his Achilles injury that people thought would keep him out 5-6 months, even though he was like Wolverine and came back after a month or so.

To be honest I always thought HHL had a can't cut list, but apparently not!

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

It looks like unless some crazy poo poo goes down tomorrow I'm going back to back wins in Bettman League, which I think makes me Mario Lemieux.

Now this is mostly because Patrick Kane had a stupid season and Crack's guys got all broken, but I'm going to thank Boone Jenner for validating me by scoring 30 goals instead.
(Also Jake Allen for carrying the goaltending for me until he got hurt).

genki
Nov 12, 2003
Yeah Karlsson was a mid-season pickup (I picked him up).

Crosby getting dumped basically had no meaning. I mean, even if you weren't keeping Crosby, since the game was already decided, why wouldn't you have dumped anyone else that wasn't playing? The only reason to dump Crosby to waivers is if you're stupid?

Maybe someone can explain some other reasoning, but my vote would be that we keep the Crosby waiver pickup as valid but kick out the stupid GM because there's no point in playing a keeper league with stupid people. I mean Crosby getting kept for three seasons for way cheaper than market value is terrible for the league in general.

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

There's absolutely no loving way I keeper Crosby next season so he was the best person to drop. Plus I bet I could buy Crosby cheaper than the keeper cost so really I didn't see a downside.

zeroordie
Aug 27, 2004

Are transactions locked? Wtf. I was going to drop Benn for John Scott then try to get Benn back for cheap!

MagicCube
May 25, 2004

Veskit posted:

There's absolutely no loving way I keeper Crosby next season so he was the best person to drop. Plus I bet I could buy Crosby cheaper than the keeper cost so really I didn't see a downside.

Why wouldn't you drop Vanek who missed half the month, Bieksa who didn't play in 3 weeks, Eakin who didn't get a single point in 3 weeks, or Eric Staal who got 3 points all month? The downside is you hosed up the balance of the league by giving someone else an incredibly below value top 5 player for the next 3 years while also trying to cheat the system and screw other people. You should have a keeper taken away for next year or something because that wasn't cool.

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

MagicCube posted:

Why wouldn't you drop Vanek who missed half the month, Bieksa who didn't play in 3 weeks, Eakin who didn't get a single point in 3 weeks, or Eric Staal who got 3 points all month? The downside is you hosed up the balance of the league by giving someone else an incredibly below value top 5 player for the next 3 years while also trying to cheat the system and screw other people. You should have a keeper taken away for next year or something because that wasn't cool.

Because I also didn't think it mattered considering it was the last day of the season and I thought it'd be impossible to do a waver wire pick up because it was over. Relax this is why we have a commissioner who can overturn things like this and... 6 months? To discuss how last minute waver wires should be handled and this transaction in general.

Think it over you're getting mad at me because of a waver wire pick up done after the season was over.

MagicCube
May 25, 2004

I'm actually more upset that you can't spell waiver properly and I'm not the only person who thinks it was a lovely thing to do.

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

MagicCube posted:

I'm actually more upset that you can't spell waiver properly and I'm not the only person who thinks it was a lovely thing to do.

You don't like, wave the player goodbye?

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

zeroordie posted:

Are transactions locked? Wtf. I was going to drop Benn for John Scott then try to get Benn back for cheap!

I didn't lock them, probably does it automatically.

genki
Nov 12, 2003
Well if we're not kicking Veskit out, I definitely want some sort of league punishment. If we're not playing with other intelligent GMs, what's the point of staying in a keeper league at all?

I'm not going to waste time participating in a league that tolerates this kind of dumbass poo poo.

Also I feel like whoever did pick up Crosby deserves a little something, assuming we're not letting them keep Crosby. Nice to know people are watching the league closely.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
I don't think the pickup should count because the season was already over. It'd be different if this was midseason. I don't think you need to compensate the other person either because they were paying attention. Just say "sorry, but the season was over and we're not counting any waiver/free agent pickups that occurred post-championship week"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
New thread for 2016/17?

Anyway it's summer time so it's team refresh time before everyone else remembers there's hockey and starts grabbing free agents who slipped through.

Has anyone here used Fantasy Hockey Geek? I have a spreadsheet that does some basic value analysis but their setup seems pretty good. Half the battle with the more complicated pools is just figuring out what guys are really worth with their actual stats, let alone projecting what their stats will end up being next season.

• Locked thread