Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MrMoo
Sep 14, 2000

maniacdevnull posted:

The nexus 4 and 5 are superior to the same-year iphone models in every way and cost like half as much

They run Android, so not really.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
latitudes and elitebooks have generally always been p tough and work well :shrug:

precisions are really dumb tho and only for people who really loving insist on having high-end quadros in exchange for having a really big stupid heavy "desktop replacement" to lug around

Locker Room Zubaz
Aug 8, 2006

:horse:
~*~THE SECRET OF THE MAGICAL CRYSTALS IS THAT I'M FUCKING TERRIBLE~*~

:horse:

maniacdevnull posted:

The nexus 4 and 5 are superior to the same-year iphone models in every way and cost like half as much

But laptops, yeah, you want something good you get a ThinkPad and it ends up being a similar price as the mac but without all the headaches of a linux os and having incompatible ports, er uh, port(s) i guess

thinkpads are really bad now though

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

...and so they said I wasn't welcome in the store in future!

url
Apr 23, 2007

internet gnuru

qirex posted:

nominated for wrongest post of 2015

No u

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

url posted:

Thank fuckin Christ..

They're single handedly responsible for (essentially) gouging the entirety of consumer electronics prices for 15 years.

I'd not mind if they were good, or at the least not obnoxious, but their general approach of we're American therefore we are the best and can lead from behind is frankly offensive to the entire rest if the industry and tbh, I'll be happy when they hit the anti-trust suits, tax bills and basically any measure if scrutiny which doesn't fall prey to American exceptionalism.

hte pricies are nt an apple tax, its a discount microsoft and google igive u in exchange for selling all of ur data toto eanythone who woudl like it i hope thtis helps.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

lolw why iwoudl i pay an apple tax ona phoen hwen there ar eos many androids avialalble? also i am unable to ever use my finger print for anynthing agian as it got stotlen cbos of adnoirds lack of security.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Triglav posted:

whats the best tv

panasonic 4k oled coming out next year [will be like 10 grand]

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

qirex posted:

rip panasosnic plasmas.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

tooo beaufutiful for this world.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Stux posted:

rip panasosnic plasmas.

Plasmas phased out, global warming reported as 'paused'

Hmmm...?

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

IT IS HARAAM TO SEND SMILEY FACES THROUGH THE INTERNET

qirex posted:

will it last 10 years with light to moderate usage or will the backlighting fail or some bullshit after three months

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we have sealed ourselves away behind our money, growing inward, generating a seamless universe of self.

Triglav posted:

will it last 10 years with light to moderate usage or will the backlighting fail or some bullshit after three months

it's oled so no backlight but the blue will dim over time as they still don't last long

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

"yuchh"

-stebe

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

designer of the lomarf car

Buglord

maniacdevnull posted:

The nexus 4 and 5 are superior to the same-year iphone models in every way
not in terms of security, lol

tho the nexus models are the anroid phones that actually get updates so it's at least theoretically possible they could become competitive in that regard at some unspecified point in the future

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

NoneMoreNegative posted:

Plasmas phased out, global warming reported as 'paused'

Hmmm...?

nsonsense, eveyrfilm since 2001 (never foroget) has had larg emaounts of dark lit scennes which a palsma is more efficient at anynway.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

u can prisie my plasma t v out of my cold dea dhands.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Stux posted:

u can prisie my plasma t v out of my toasty warm dea dhands.

med school head
Apr 17, 2012

url posted:

Thank fuckin Christ..

They're single handedly responsible for (essentially) gouging the entirety of consumer electronics prices for 15 years.

I'd not mind if they were good, or at the least not obnoxious, but their general approach of we're American therefore we are the best and can lead from behind is frankly offensive to the entire rest if the industry and tbh, I'll be happy when they hit the anti-trust suits, tax bills and basically any measure if scrutiny which doesn't fall prey to American exceptionalism.

maniacdevnull posted:

But laptops, yeah, you want something good you get a ThinkPad and it ends up being a similar price as the mac but without all the headaches of a linux os and having incompatible ports, er uh, port(s) i guess

quoting these two dumb loving posts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

maniacdevnull posted:

i've had a nex4 since a few months after its release, and i guess i wasn't aware that this phone had "good battery life" and "fits non-awkwardly into a regular size pocket" as available options

e: also where is the new nex5, plz sundurr let it not be complete poo poo

Lutha Mahtin fucked around with this message at 01:14 on Sep 16, 2015

• Locked thread