Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Ripoff posted:

didn't know that existed, lmao

unless apple pencil sucks dick this is pretty much a slam dunk for graphical design folks (which is who apple pencil is for)

no it's for people who draw, which most designers cant really do since 99% of graphic design is text and right angles

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

url posted:

i did hear that thing where your hand can't touch the screen lest your smear your work, but i can't beleieve even apple's shoddy QA would allow that, can someone C?D pls.

everything I've read says palm rejection works, iirc in the video there's a point where they show it drawing with 2 fingers making a ruler

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

apple pencil replacement caps (3 pack) $13.99

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

url posted:

Thank fuckin Christ..

They're single handedly responsible for (essentially) gouging the entirety of consumer electronics prices for 15 years.

I'd not mind if they were good, or at the least not obnoxious, but their general approach of we're American therefore we are the best and can lead from behind is frankly offensive to the entire rest if the industry and tbh, I'll be happy when they hit the anti-trust suits, tax bills and basically any measure if scrutiny which doesn't fall prey to American exceptionalism.

nominated for wrongest post of 2015

cheapass oems pumping out garbage at rock bottom prices is why every large consumer electronics company [except apple and fancy brands] is making basically zero money

qirex fucked around with this message at 21:33 on Sep 14, 2015

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

hmmm, I could buy this high quality panasonic or sony television but this konka is only 399 at best buy welp
- american consumers in the years 2000-2010

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

triple sulk posted:

the only tv worth buying right now is a vizio

for anything under 2 grand this is p much true since most people never even bother adjusting picture settings after it comes out of the box

if you care about pq and are willing to fiddle with it but don't want to spend 2 grand get a $700-1200 sony or samsung

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

graph posted:

yeah the bravias are good but who knows how much longer sony will be making tvs lol
:(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Triglav posted:

whats the best tv

panasonic 4k oled coming out next year [will be like 10 grand]

• Locked thread