Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
How is my position inconstant. It's not like I'm tunneling you or anything. I'm probably the strongest watch target day 1, i just mentioned how you and similiar players scum game would be to kill players like me day 1 though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
OH GOD IT'S STARTING ALREADY

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
imgay if I were scum I would probably lynch you, that's true.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

imgay posted:

How is my position inconstant. It's not like I'm tunneling you or anything. I'm probably the strongest watch target day 1, i just mentioned how you and similiar players scum game would be to kill players like me day 1 though.

Except you have no idea how I play as scum. And now you are saying that me and players like me would try to kill you on D1. So are you talking about the lynch now or are you still talking about the NK? Why would you think I would kill you either way?

In every game I've played with you, I usually state at some point that I can basically never get a read on you and will usually just vote you whenever it's time. However, this game is different and your posts are really pinging me hard right now because you are making some terrible assumptions and trying to insist that they are the truth.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
This is literally the opposite of imgay as scum.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I feel I am unable to answer any of your questions because I have recently learned I am unqualified to think if you are scum or not.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Lumpen posted:

He was already voting me. He had put it in no uncertain terms. The only thing Scummy about HiipFire's post is that it targeted a Townie. You were totally off base with the false "gotcha" of saying he was "addressing Lumpen as if to convince Lumpen that Lumpen is Scum", but now you've apparently abandoned that and now say it's Scummy that he was calling me out for perceived hypocrisy with a snarky post? That's not particularly Scummy, just wrong. Grandstanding as you've just redefined it is not Scummy, in my opinion. There was nothing in that post that hinted at "oddly hitting a middle ground", he was clearly critical and seemed to believe he had a valid point (although he in fact didn't). He was mischaracterizing my post, but not in what I judge to be a calculatedly malevolent or disingenuous way, or logically incongruent (as you were previously contending).

Your posting and voting has been much more Scummy than HiipFire's.

how do you know who is town, hmmmm

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

TMMadman posted:

No, I'm being fair. He didn't vote me and I still think Kashuno is probably scum.

I just think his post is odd because it came right after him basically saying that he didn't read the last 90+ posts because he assumes most of it revolved around you and then when f_v asks who he would lynch today, he pops up with that post. So it feels like he's just picking two names out of hat and saying our flips will generate content, not that he thinks we are actually scum.

this is actually a perfectly valid D1 play, thank you for demonstrating why

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Captain Foo posted:

this is actually a perfectly valid D1 play, thank you for demonstrating why

Are you saying I'm scum?

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

TMMadman posted:

Are you saying I'm scum?

:greencube:

Colonel Corazon
Feb 12, 2011

A faction armed to the teeth hardly seems friendly to me.

TMMadman posted:

Are you saying I'm scum?

I am.

##vote tmm

Colonel Corazon
Feb 12, 2011

A faction armed to the teeth hardly seems friendly to me.

Honk honk!
:bandwagon:

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

I have no idea what that means.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
What a glorious day

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.
Have you read the thread yet imgay?

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

this is a good post

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
After I finish my homework

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Read a bit, besides all the lumpen talk which didn't amount to much in my opinion, TMM's hedging really irked me, so ##vote TMM

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

I just read through the last 5 pages and picked up like nothing from it, which probably means I'm doing something wrong?????

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Acebuckeye13 posted:

I'm Cheedo the Fragile, by the way. Wives unite!

Why did you suddenly feel the need to claim flavour?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I don't understand this imgay/TM slapfight at all

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

TMMadman posted:

I have no idea what that means.

:henget:

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

Trying to do a deeper read on everyone but I think I'm too tired. I don't feel TMM is scummy because I believe he's putting an honest effort into scum hunting and I feel the points he's made, especially those on kashuno and lumpen, are good ones. I have no read on hiipfire because everything they post is like one sentence long and I don't know what to make of it. I don't like Lumpen's weird aside onto flavor re: Ernie, but I'm worried I'm either tunnel-visioning on Lumpen or being swayed by the masses and will give everyone with Lumpen Opinions a better read when I'm not out of it.

Acebuckeye13 posted:

Now this is how I know to play Mafia: in an exceedingly petty fashion. :colbert: ##vote rarity

I'm Cheedo the Fragile, by the way. Wives unite!

This post is really weird.

those are some Awful Opinions By Me

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

Lumpen (4): HiipFire, Opopanax, LowellDND, apostateCourier, Kashuno, Rarity, apostateCourier, Kashuno, Chamale, Opopanax
Rarity (2): fiery_valkyrie, Lumpen, Lumpen, Acebuckeye13
TMMadman (2): Captain Foo, Captain Foo, Captain Foo, Captain Foo, Colonel Corazon, imgay
Kashuno (2): TMMadman, Opopanax
HiipFire (1): Kashuno, Kashuno, Ernie.
Acebuckeye13 (1): Captain Foo
Ernie. (1): Lumpen
imgay (0): apostateCourier, apostateCourier
fiery_valkyrie (0): Ernie., Ernie.
LowellDND (0): Lumpen, Lumpen
Opopanax (0): Rarity, Rarity

Not Voting (3): apostateCourier, Kashuno, Someone Awful!

With 16 alive, it's 9 votes to lynch. The current deadline is September 15th, 2015 at 1 p.m. PDT -- that's in about 11 hours, 59 minutes.

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES

Someone Awful! posted:

I have no read on hiipfire because everything they post is like one sentence long and I don't know what to make of it.
It means I'm towny as gently caress

also im a guy

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
I'm wondering when we're getting a Lumpen List©

Seriously though this entire Ernie "I GOT YA" thing is confusing me cause I still don't know how he could think the post is trying to convince lumpen to dismiss himself and I don't how that then is alignment indicative in any way. SEEMS LIKE SOME FAKE CONTENT DOG I DONT LIKE YOU

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

I'd been happy, and I was happy still. For all to be accomplished,
for me to feel less lonely,
all that remained to hope
was that on the day of my execution
there should be a huge crowd of spectators and that they should
greet me with howls of execration.
Plaster Town Cop
LumpenList™ Day 1 Page 10
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

This is a LumpenList™. Even though it's trademarked to me, you can make one of your own, too! The idea is to look back over the posts so far and consider the interactions, votes, stances, tone, timing, and all other evidence. Using this data, rank all the players in the game from most to least likely to be Scum. This serves a few purposes. First, this process requires you to go back and review and consider the evidence in more context, recheck your premises, and think about how it all fits together. Listing clarifies and refines one's thoughts about the state of the game, I find. Second, it puts your distinct opinions on the record for after you flip. If you flip Town then your reads can be referred to in that light, knowing you were honest. If you flip Scum, making a list like this would be hard because you have secret knowledge that you must hide, and you need to somehow rank your own Scumbuddies without giving them away. Scum also suffer from having to take any stances and this is the biggest stance-dump of them all. It leaves records of opinions that can be questioned for explanation as they shift later. This is easy for Town and hard for Scum. If everyone makes a List, we'll have a lot to discuss and Scum will be exposed. Give it a try!

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Lumpen posted:

LumpenList™ Day 1 Page 10
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

TENTATIVELY TRUSTABLE

[*]Acebuckeye13

your list is a pos

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

less flippantly, defend that placement

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

i don't find opop suspicious right now as much as completely inscrutable as i usually find him, and he often ends up on my want-to-lynch lists because I have a very difficult time dealing with him

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

i would agree that ernie is scummy, i would disagree that rarity is scummy

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

Captain Foo posted:

less flippantly, defend that placement
He's a completely worthless player so far, but he's voting Rarity. What are you voting him for, you think he's so much more Scummy out of everyone that you want to disregard the D1 newbie shield?

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

i have a neutral read on f_v so far but I would like her (correct me if wrong) to post some actual reads now that we're past contentgaming

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

Captain Foo posted:

i would agree that ernie is scummy, i would disagree that rarity is scummy

Captain Foo posted:

i have a neutral read on f_v so far but I would like her (correct me if wrong) to post some actual reads now that we're past contentgaming
Better than this, quote my List, cut off the quote tags, rename it a FooFolio or whatever, and then cut-and-paste to move the names around to an order that ranks your suspicions.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Foo is seeming like town.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

Kashuno posted:

Foo is seeming like town.
Better than this, quote my List, cut off the quote tags, rename it a Kashunote™ or whatever, and then cut-and-paste to move the names around to an order that ranks your suspicions.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Lumpen posted:

He's a completely worthless player so far, but he's voting Rarity. What are you voting him for, you think he's so much more Scummy out of everyone that you want to disregard the D1 newbie shield?

he has no content other than a thoroughly garbage vote; we have plenty of new players here that are doing far better. I think that vote was probably the single worst thing i've seen so far in the thread and my gut was to drop a vote on it

ideally this would have generated some other sort of reaction we could use, but eh

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Lumpen posted:

Better than this, quote my List, cut off the quote tags, rename it a FooFolio or whatever, and then cut-and-paste to move the names around to an order that ranks your suspicions.

no thx dad

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

Captain Foo posted:

he has no content other than a thoroughly garbage vote; we have plenty of new players here that are doing far better. I think that vote was probably the single worst thing i've seen so far in the thread and my gut was to drop a vote on it
What specifically about his vote makes you confident that a Scum would make it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

it's an vote dropped on someone who had a little bit of pressure with a flippant explanation + an unneeded flavorclaim

• Locked thread