Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

it's a one-line case on the current voteleader after being absent and lurky even before then and it's easily walked back on later

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

apostateCourier posted:

Sorry. Been doing a lot of driving, then Shovel Knight: Plague of Shadows came out and I kinda binged the entire thing.

I'd vote Lowell right now. That is the scum. I read it as newbie scum being afraid to say much.

Who else? What are your opinions on Rarity and Chamale?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

Captain Foo posted:

it's a one-line case on the current voteleader after being absent and lurky even before then and it's easily walked back on later

Also, he "would vote" but doesn't actually vote

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Also, he "would vote" but doesn't actually vote

She :j: also I thought we were avoiding closing the day out too quickly?

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

apostateCourier posted:

if you voted lowell right now that'd put him at -3 with a full real-time day to go

wtf u talkin about m8

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

apostateCourier posted:

Sorry.

Answer my other questions.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

I'm more on Ace than either of them, actually. I agree with Rarity there. Though Chamale certainly wouldn't shut up with the "I'm town, I'm town!" stuff.

As for Rarity, I'm torn. :shrug: I always feel weird voting for people I agree with.

Captain Foo posted:

if you voted lowell right now that'd put him at -3 with a full real-time day to go

wtf u talkin about m8

Oh, fair enough. rip me not looking at the votefinder ##vote lowell

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Captain Foo posted:

wtf u talkin about m8

Foo has a decent point here. Who else "would" you vote for today?

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Rarity posted:

Foo has a decent point here. Who else "would" you vote for today?

I'd vote for Ace. Cham too.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Well, Ace for sure. Need to reread Cham.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

apostateCourier posted:

I'm more on Ace than either of them, actually. I agree with Rarity there. Though Chamale certainly wouldn't shut up with the "I'm town, I'm town!" stuff.

As for Rarity, I'm torn. :shrug: I always feel weird voting for people I agree with.

Oh, fair enough. rip me not looking at the votefinder ##vote lowell

I'm not clear on what alignment you think Chamale is.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Eh on a reread I'm pretty sure Cham is town. I don't see scum throwing down double votes willy-nilly.

Colonel Corazon
Feb 12, 2011

A faction armed to the teeth hardly seems friendly to me.

Acebuckeye:

Acebuckeye13 posted:

Generally I know who I'm playing with, so I can judge them by how they talk/act when faced with specific accusations. Obviously, this isn't the case here-I don't know anyone, I don't know how anyone usually acts, and the specifics of the format make it much more difficult to judge who's a bad liar and who isn't. So forgive me if I stay out of the opening discussion, since at this point I can't honestly judge any of it.

Started the game off with a whole lot of lurking. Rarity and Lumpen see this as scummy.

Acebuckeye13 posted:

Now this is how I know to play Mafia: in an exceedingly petty fashion. :colbert: ##vote rarity

I'm Cheedo the Fragile, by the way. Wives unite!

Ace response to Rarity. Ace’s distrust of Rarity marked for first time, flavor claim made, first vote.

Captain Foo posted:

##vote ace13

Foo takes exception. Foo’s begins to distrust Ace? Later backs up vote against Ace with:

Captain Foo posted:

it's an vote dropped on someone who had a little bit of pressure with a flippant explanation + an unneeded flavorclaim

Someone Awful! posted:

This post is really weird.

those are some Awful Opinions By Me

Someone begins to distrust Ace?

Rarity posted:

Why did you suddenly feel the need to claim flavour?

Ace never answers this. Can we make a good case for the Cheedo role being a Townie role like the other wives?

Lumpen posted:

LumpenList™ Day 1 Page 10
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

First LumpenList, Ace is viewed neutrally and as “completely worthless”

Acebuckeye13 posted:

One of the best action movies ever made, and you haven't seen it? Come on, man. I've seen it like five times and statistically, according to Lumpen, I'm the worst player in here.

##unvote

##vote Kashuno

(Voting quickly since class is starting right now and I do agree that someone needs to be lynched on day one)

Ace makes a garbage vote against Kash (Dag - Town). Never expands thought process on this. End D1. Kash lynched, TMM killed in N1 (Valkyrie - Town) by scum, Ernie killed in N1 (most likely killed by SK Hiip). Lumpen is decidedly not cool Ace’s logic afterwards.

D2, apostate fingers Hiip as scum.

Acebuckeye13 posted:

Tomorrow or the day after would be better, since if apostateCourier is right, we're getting rid of a Scumbag, if they're not, apostateCourier is almost certainly scum, so we're basically guaranteed that we're going to get a Scum-aligned player either today or tomorrow. I'm not saying Opop ISN'T Scum, mind you, but I'd rather go for the sure thing right away than taking a chance. We can even make a calender! :v

Ace is down to kill Hiip (Buzzard/Serial Killer - Scum) and open to killing Opop (Scum). After Hiip is gunned down by f_v, Ace jumps on the kill Opop train.

End D2. Opop (Bullet Farmer/Assasin - Scum) lynched, Lumpen (Capable/Mason - Town) killed by scum.

Acebuckeye13 posted:

I'm goin' with the War Rig on this one, especially after imgay's last post.

Joins the anti-imgay brigade after I reveal my bus driving.

Acebuckeye13 posted:

Either way, it makes sense to hold off on imgay this round, since we basically have one of two possible results if we wait:

-He gets murdered by Scum since he's outed himself as a Cop, which vindicates his story (albeit posthumously).

-He doesn't get murdered, which means that it's pretty likely that he's scum and is lying.

I'm not sure who to vote for at the moment, but it does make sense to vote for someone other tham imgay at the moment (Though I do still kinda suspect him after some of his posts re: Lumpen, especially after it was already confirmed that Lumpen was a Mason). And hey, we can always lynch him tomorrow! (If he doesn't get murdered)

Ace continues distrusting imgay, comes up with a solution for dealing with him. Foo asks who Ace wants to lynch for D3, Ace wants to hold off judgement to re-read.

Result:

Acebuckeye13 posted:

Actually, looking back at it I'm thinking Rarity is a pretty strong Scum candidate.

-Everyone she's fingered so far has been Confirmed Town

-Tried to get people to back off voting Opop on D1 (Who was confirmed Scum)

-Hasn't posted since Kash got murdered

Obviously none of this is a guarantee, but were the vote held right now I think Rarity would be the strongest choice, given all other factors.

Returns to distrusting Rarity. Votes for Rarity.

Rarity posted:

Ace and Chamale looking like a really likely scumteam.

Rarity throws down on Ace for the rest of page 23. Ace responds:

Acebuckeye13 posted:

Or, you know, you posted them at three in the morning and after getting up and going to class this is the first chance I've had to respond. I don't play Werewolf very often (Last time was back in May) and no, I don't know what a Chain Lynch is, or how it fits into you trying to paint me as Scum.

That being said, seems to me like you're trying awful hard to throw suspicion off yourself and imgay by implicating myself and Chamale (Not that I'm saying Chamale isn't scum, mind you-you could be trying to throw him under the bus and deflect suspicion to save your own skin). Not to mention claiming you've got some powerful role that you don't want to reveal. Panicking and posting constantly trying to dredge up "suspicious" posts without reading half of them doesn't exactly scream "Town" either, but that's just me.

Ace supports votes on Rarity, imgay, and Cham.

Acebuckeye13 posted:

Here's what my thoughts were-

-Everyone she's fingered so far has been Confirmed Town except for Chamale (Counting myself, obviously)

-Has defended imgay and in her trustworthiness chart placed him as "Confirmed Town", despite there being no evidence backing up imgay's claims of being a town-aligned cop.

-As soon as suspicion turned on her on D3 she claimed that she had a powerful role she didn't want to reveal, which sounds a hell of a lot like a bluff from my position.

As of now, I'm somewhat sure that imgay and Rarity are Scum, and are trying to cover for each other. imgay claiming to be a cop and saying he targeted Rarity makes sense in that context-he's trying to clear her of suspicions while trying to mislead town. Is it guaranteed? No, obviously. Does it clear other players of being scum? No. But that's the read I have on the situation, and so far I'm pretty sure of it.

Colonel’s Conclusion: Ace started off weak and unwilling to add much to conversation. hosed up on Kash with many of us but afterwards started posting more rationale with quotes and poo poo. Open to discussion and others' opinions. Has actually voted to kill scum. Probably Town. Lingering questions: Why the gently caress did you claim Cheedo? What can we all conclude from that? Overall, I think we have other people worry about more than Ace at the moment.

Apostate, you're next. :unsmigghh:

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

cc solid analysis, i've generally not seen ace13 as a big scum lately and while i thought the flavorclaim was garbage earlier, it seems reasonable to take it at face value for now and slide him towards town

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

apostateCourier posted:

I'd vote for Ace. Cham too.

what's your case for ace, i don't see it

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

as can be seen i've taken exception to his posts earlier in the game, but why would you potentially vote him today over someone else?

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Captain Foo posted:

as can be seen i've taken exception to his posts earlier in the game, but why would you potentially vote him today over someone else?

This coming directly after a big post detailing exactly why Ace is actually pretty towny? I wouldn't now.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

apostateCourier posted:

This coming directly after a big post detailing exactly why Ace is actually pretty towny? I wouldn't now.

it's possible that you had a different opinion

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Captain Foo posted:

it's possible that you had a different opinion

Based on an outdated read. Honestly I'm coasting pretty badly and I know it. Rough couple days have sapped my will to play quite a bit.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Captain Foo posted:

having imgay as "defensive" seems like a weird reason to have him in the maxscum slot on your list unless there's something else you want to clarify

lowell should respond to this

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

apostateCourier posted:

Rough couple days have sapped my will to play quite a bit.

:( hope everything starts turning your way soon

Colonel Corazon
Feb 12, 2011

apostateCourier posted:

Based on an outdated read. Honestly I'm coasting pretty badly and I know it. Rough couple days have sapped my will to play quite a bit.

I'm really sorry to hear this. Hope you're OK aC.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Colonel Corazon posted:

I'm really sorry to hear this. Hope you're OK aC.

Nothing like that, not like nearly every other game I've been in where tragedy strikes :v: Just really draining days. Lots of driving. A stupid amount of driving.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp
Saying what flavor I was at that point in time was, to put it bluntly, a fuckup. Having played in games with roles, not flavors, at the time I thought flavor would take a far more... let's call it open role than it really does-especially since I found this game through the movie thread (I'm a big fan of the movie, if you can't tell :v:). Were the game to start over again, or were I to play in another game of Mafia over the forums, I'd definitely avoid claiming until it actually became relevant.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp

apostateCourier posted:

Nothing like that, not like nearly every other game I've been in where tragedy strikes :v: Just really draining days. Lots of driving. A stupid amount of driving.

Having just moved to DC for grad school and having to fight through 495 traffic, I can sympathize with this.

Colonel Corazon
Feb 12, 2011

Apostate (AC):
Starts out with joke vote on imgay, and the Lumpen. Unvotes.

apostateCourier posted:

Lumpen's basically the driving force behind this game, until I see how he responds to flips that gets him a pass as far as I'm concerned.

TMM is spending a lot of effort on saying, "I'm not that scummy, no really, stop picking on me" which is making me think he's scum.

Foo calling me out wins him some points, to be honest. Getting people who haven't been posting back in the game is a Good Thing.

I don't buy Rarity being scum at this time. I disagree with her about content game, but ultimately that's just a disagreement.

I'm actually feeling pretty good about Ernie. Nothing about his posting really stands out to me as opportunistic or manipulative.

AC’s first assessment. Lumpen, TMM, and Ernie are later confirmed Town. Doesn’t have much to say.

Lumpen posted:

LumpenList™ Day 1 Page 10
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

SOMEWHAT SUSPICIOUS
[*]apostateCourier

AC earns a spot on Lumpen’s suspicion radar but Lumpen doesn’t elaborate. AC doesn’t post. Foo calls AC out for lurking on page 11. Kashuno notices and says:

Kashuno posted:

This is your first content post of the game. Of the list of people you mention, you only call one of them scum. Despite this, you don't vote for the one scum read you have.

##vote apostateCourier

apostateCourier posted:

I will agree that it was my first content post. I will disagree on your charge of not voting on the grounds that this was me getting some words in on current topics of conversation, plus a thing about Foo. I still have more people to read.
AC’s convenient lurking ends 3 minutes later with this rebuttal. Foo sees Kash’s response as overly aggro and accepts AC’s answer. Kash relents and unvotes AC to give AC a shot at posting somethinganything.

apostateCourier posted:

imgay posted:

I feel I am unable to answer any of your questions because I have recently learned I am unqualified to think if you are scum or not.

This post strikes me as weirdly huffy. Gut's telling me that voting for imgay would lead to good things.

AC points at imgay not long after Kash unvotes. AC posts several Kash quotes and says:

apostateCourier posted:

Soooo yeah about that whole not being self-conscious thing, you certainly talk a lot about yourself.

AC’s first sign of distrusting Kash. Later adds:

apostateCourier posted:

The way one responds to people is basically what this game is all about, yeah? So, your response to other people talking about you is basically "nope I'm not like that, you can trust me" and I have to judge from there.

I also don't like your softclaim that came out of nowhere. That adds a "look I'm important" bit to your current portrayal of yourself. It feels really disingenuous. ##vote Kashuno

Beginning of Kashuno :bandwagon: lynch? At least has some reasoning behind the vote.

End D1: Kash lynched (Dag - Town), TMM killed in N1 (Valkyrie - Town) by scum, Ernie killed in N1 (most likely killed by SK Hiip).

Wow AC you kinda flubbed that one-

apostateCourier posted:

I could not have asked for a better entrance opportunity

##vote HiipFire

He is NOT TOWN. I am a 1-shot Cop, The Ace.

*drops mic*

Woa. Directly leads to the death of SK Hiip. A decidedly Good thing but it benefits town and scum. Lumpen and f_v want Opop (scum) out of the way first but AC directs them back to killing Hiip (who has pinged as non-town at this point according to AC) but before any debate starts f_v shoots the poo poo out of Hiip.

Lumpen wonders why AC didn’t mention suspecting Hiip D1. AC says:

apostateCourier posted:

I always overthink cops, so I decided to roll the dice and see what happened.

Which is hilarious. But ridiculous. Everyone hi-fives AC. AC votes for Opop (scum). Lumpen reminds us of a good point we still need to consider:

Lumpen posted:

Hiip was investigated as NotTown. He is dead now. He flipped Serial Killer, a third-party role.

I want to just note:
We can't logically rule out that ApostateCourier could be a Scum Rolecop. One-Shot Town Cop is a dubious claim. Ace is a potential Scum flavor, and Scum are likely to have some investigative power when there's an SK. It is very weird that apostateCourier claims to have directed the investigation by RandomNumberGenerator, as she claimed. HiipFire was never mentioned as suspicious by apostateCourier on D1 and a Town Cop looking for Scum, especially with a single shot, should have had a lot of reasonable candidates without "rolling dice". Targeting Hiip makes more sense as a Scum Rolecop target.

AC didn’t show signs of suspecting Hiip on D1 but continues defending the action as avoiding overthinking, which has “worked before.” (it actually did, AC linked an example) Responds to Lumpen asking if he’d lynch imgay:

apostateCourier posted:

Nah. Not without more than is there right now from him, the WIFOM case is interesting and potentially good but I'd rather deal with opop first. If it comes down to imgay or nolynch, I'll vote imgay.

Prioritizing opop (scum). Lumpen still suspects AC.

End D2. Opop (Bullet Farmer/Assasin - Scum) lynched, Lumpen (Capable/Mason - Town) killed by scum.

AC also has a reason to want Lumpen dead? Possibly fram Cham who was getting even more heat from Lumpen. (didn’t notice before rereading) We all forget AC exists for awhile. Rarity declares town, AC decides this is suspicious. Food calls out AC for doing a poo poo job of providing content and explanations.

apostateCourier posted:

If you were thinking that rarity was scum before Lumpen got iced, why not say so? You didn't mention her at all until day three.

AC calls me out, rightfully so, on not mentioning Rarity before I made my bus swap. Foo doubles down on the AC distrust.

Rarity posted:

Ok, time to summarise. In honour of our fallen buddy I'm presenting my thoughts in the form of a list (sorry about the whole thinking you were scum thing!)
Needlessly Neutral
- apostateCourier [1-day cop] (1-day cop could be scum rolecop, has contributed little else)

Rarity reports in. AC reads as neutral. Foo rereads and still comes up with AC as scum because:

Captain Foo posted:

what imgay and lumpen said about 1-shot cop being odd with a real cop unless it's part of a joat rings true
the fact that there was an SK so it makes sense for scum to potentially have an investigative role makes sense to me
beyond setupspec, she has barely made any actual reads the whole game and generally posted not a lot
flavorwise i could see ace going either way

f_v agrees with Foo’s assessment and also suspects AC. Lowell also suspects AC:

LowellDND posted:

I like how you voted for me after I voted for you :v: That's not sketchy at all.

Mostly this is my first game and I'm still trying to learn the ropes. As for the expansion on my list:

maybe scum
apostate - something about them doesnt feel right, but Im waiting it out.

Garbage reasoning.

Someone Awful! posted:

I think her one-shot cop claim is way more sketch than imgay's claim and her vote on Opop was fairly weak. Were I a Cop she'd be a prime investigation target and I'd be more easily convinced to vote her than imgay at present tbh.

I think LowellDND or Chamale are better/scummier targets right now.

Someone chimes in on the anti-AC :bandwagon:

AC says they’d vote for Ace and thinks Cham is probably town now.

Colonel’s Conclusion: Plays a lot of Shovel Knight instead of playing Mafia. Arguably a better choice. Goes unnoticed like a loving champion. Seriously, why hasn’t anyone questioned you until now? You glided your way to D3 without any real heat. You have a reason for killing Lumpen and we really can’t be sure you tagging Hiip automatically makes you Town. You get points for dogging Opop but I wish you’d explain more about who you want to vote for and what others think. Ultimately: Could totally be scum but we have other people to worry about more right now. Since AC was right on Hiip, we can assume AC is definitely some kind of cop. Avoids questioning too much. Still unbelievable that you RNG'd Hiip but you were right so I'll be damned.

Colonel Corazon
Feb 12, 2011

Oh my god I wish I could edit. I am poo poo at spelling.

Colonel Corazon
Feb 12, 2011

But looking through page by page I can understand more about the anti-AC angle. There is just much space between responses.

However I still am onto Rarity and imgay for scum. Lowell sticks out too but I can't decide why. I must continue my quest:

Foo you are next!

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

I want to keep in mind that Rarity was the first to vote for LowellDND, while she was the voteleader and wanting to throw suspicion elsewhere. Of the others voting for LowellDND, I consider Someone Awful! fairly trustworthy so far, but ApostateCourier looks suspicious to me and I think Corazon's analysis above is drat good. So that's two suspect people and one probably-Town person voting for LowellDND. I want to hear how well LowellDND defends himself, but at this point I don't consider him a major suspect.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

There was a terrible noise.
There was a terrible silence.

Chamale posted:

I want to keep in mind that Rarity was the first to vote for LowellDND, while she was the voteleader and wanting to throw suspicion elsewhere. Of the others voting for LowellDND, I consider Someone Awful! fairly trustworthy so far, but ApostateCourier looks suspicious to me and I think Corazon's analysis above is drat good. So that's two suspect people and one probably-Town person voting for LowellDND. I want to hear how well LowellDND defends himself, but at this point I don't consider him a major suspect.

My analysis isn't as developed as other players (first game), but Apostate and Rarity were both on my suspect list, and following Rarity going lead she switched to me (and seems to have brought Apostate with her). I will completely agree that my vote closed the 2nd day (and was band wagoning as all hell), but it was my understanding that we wanted to stack up some bodies to get some data. In hindsight I probably would have been slower to close that vote, and probably done more analysis earlier on.

For day one, I was voting Lumpen until he persuaded me otherwise (pointing out how the mason thing worked etc), and then Kash because he seemed low content. I will note that nine other players agreed with me on that, so while I've made mistakes I've been in a lot of company.

At the current time, I do think Rarity is sketchy, and a lot of the current strategy appears to be 'no u' while rallying people to target me after I made note of her sketchiness.

Colonel Corazon
Feb 12, 2011

Foo:
Joke votes TMM. Unvotes. Is busy til Monday but unleashes the gates of hell when they have time to post. Unsure of Lumpen’s notstop posting and what it means. Thinks Someone Awful is Town. Encourages people to explain their votes/suspicions.

quote:

Lumpen posted:

Rarity, I think this post seems disingenuous. Do you really believe I've done anything to "take control of the game" in my 17 posts? I haven't even advocated any lynches. Playing content game gets people to post and creates something to post about. It encourages a more active game, and that is good for Town. I would love for everyone to get super engaged and come out of the gates hard, although I know it's the weekend.

You're also wishy-washy about voting or not. Hesitant.

So I'm wondering if you're Town and struggling with a desire to vote me but it's personal but you don't want to look petty and you think I'm probably Town, or else you're Scum and struggling with the desire to jump on a bandwagon but not wanting to have it look totally unjustified. You don't seem to actually think I may be pursuing "NEFARIOUS PURPOSES hmmmmm" (which I am not, and you are a good enough player hopefully to see that and not really want the game to lurk more). Kashuno is pretty clearly voting for someone he does not think is Scum.

Captain Foo posted:

I don't love this post. While I also don't like rarity's pointless "nefarious purposes" thing, the bigger issue here to me is lumpen's response. Specifically, that he finds the callout of trying to control the game incredulous, and then specifically tying the number of posts in. Seriously, lumpen's obviously been taking a strongly aggressive leadership role upon himself. Doesn't need to advocate any lynches at this point in the game and to his own point, the game is young. wasn't a lot to generate real lynch cases from yet. in fact, strongly advocating for lynch on anyone that early is suspicious on its own. it is quite possible to take control of the game while not advocating any lynches early - that's what lumpen is actually doing yet he seems to be saying that taking control of the game requires advocating lynches. it doesn't, he's just driving the discussion.

secondly, the last part of the post is really weird. lumpen is trying to do a very complex analysis of rarity's post and the reasons for it, while also setting up a dichotomy that doesn't at all have to be true. this really rubs me the wrong way. furthermore "you're a good enough player to X" is a really dangerous argument to make at best and hilariously WIFOM at worst. it assumes a ton about how an experienced mafia player would play, that there is a General Correct Strategy or Tactic, and that there wouldn't be some other reason to not follow a generally expected strategy. It's poo poo, through and through.

Foo analysis. Makes good points. Open and analytical. Town. Rarity agrees:

Rarity posted:

This is a solid and well thought post, I'm liking Foo for town.

Foo continues to be critical of Lumpen’s reasoning. Foo calls everyone out. A trend. Acebuckeye gets into a pissing matching with Rarity so Foo votes seriously this time:

Captain Foo posted:

##vote ace13

But doesn’t explain. LumpenList #1 tags Captain Foo as Suspicious. Foo goes down a list of people:

Captain Foo posted:

i don't find opop suspicious right now as much as completely inscrutable as i usually find him, and he often ends up on my want-to-lynch lists because I have a very difficult time dealing with him

Captain Foo posted:

i would agree that ernie is scummy, i would disagree that rarity is scummy

Captain Foo posted:

i have a neutral read on f_v so far but I would like her (correct me if wrong) to post some actual reads now that we're past contentgaming

Kash likes Foo for Town. Foo explains his vote on Ace:

Captain Foo posted:

he has no content other than a thoroughly garbage vote; we have plenty of new players here that are doing far better. I think that vote was probably the single worst thing i've seen so far in the thread and my gut was to drop a vote on it

ideally this would have generated some other sort of reaction we could use, but eh

Captain Foo posted:

it's an vote dropped on someone who had a little bit of pressure with a flippant explanation + an unneeded flavorclaim

apostateCourier posted:

Foo calling me out wins him some points, to be honest. Getting people who haven't been posting back in the game is a Good Thing.

AC is cool with Foo. Foo is pretty much open to any good argument for voting. Foo calls Kash out for being aggro with AC and gives AC a chance to post more content. Not swayed by the Kash :bandwagon: and doesn’t become one of the idiots voting for Kash (like me). Votes for Opop (scum) at the end of the day.

Captain Foo posted:

would vote ace, chamale, kash, ernie, ac, opop, or lumpen

End D1: Kash lynched (Dag - Town), TMM killed in N1 (Valkyrie - Town) by scum, Ernie killed in N1 (most likely killed by SK Hiip).

D2: Consistent with previous vote:

Captain Foo posted:

##vote opop i don't really care that this is -1 already

Lumpen upgrades Foo to trustworthy on his D2 list. Foo votes imgay which leads to imgay’s Max/Cop reveal. Foo is skeptical but unvotes on imgay.

Foo looks for dudes who wants Lumpen dead based on who Lumpen was gunning for:

Captain Foo posted:

of these, TMM, Kash, Ernie, Opop are dead

leaving rarity, chamale, colonel corazon

colonel corazon is near-definitely town

rarity and chamale being the two frontrunners

Foo is not cool with Cham and AC. Foo is cool with Someone Awful, me, and f_v. Suspects Rarity a bit. Rarity calls Foo the “towniest” but still only gives Foo a tentative trust.

Foo votes Cham. When I ask why Foo still suspects AC:

Captain Foo posted:

what imgay and lumpen said about 1-shot cop being odd with a real cop unless it's part of a joat rings true
the fact that there was an SK so it makes sense for scum to potentially have an investigative role makes sense to me
beyond setupspec, she has barely made any actual reads the whole game and generally posted not a lot
flavorwise i could see ace going either way

Foo votes AC and has existential crisis over the so many ways the scum could be working. Not sure where Foo will finally end up but will probably vote with a good rationale.

Colonel’s Conclusion: Consistently open to other’s arguments and readily offers their own rationale. Calls everyone out. Not a fan of lurkers and people who vote/point fingers without reasons. Has been on the right side of the votes. Ready to hear opinions til the last second. Definitely Town. Possibly secretly wants Lumpen to be their dad.

Colonel Corazon
Feb 12, 2011

LowellDND posted:

My analysis isn't as developed as other players (first game), but Apostate and Rarity were both on my suspect list, and following Rarity going lead she switched to me (and seems to have brought Apostate with her). I will completely agree that my vote closed the 2nd day (and was band wagoning as all hell), but it was my understanding that we wanted to stack up some bodies to get some data. In hindsight I probably would have been slower to close that vote, and probably done more analysis earlier on.

For day one, I was voting Lumpen until he persuaded me otherwise (pointing out how the mason thing worked etc), and then Kash because he seemed low content. I will note that nine other players agreed with me on that, so while I've made mistakes I've been in a lot of company.

At the current time, I do think Rarity is sketchy, and a lot of the current strategy appears to be 'no u' while rallying people to target me after I made note of her sketchiness.

What stood out is sketchy?

I just finished a third full thread re-read and Rarity has so many quotes to pull from so I'm curious to see what stuck out to you.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
You have to look at stuff in context

Colonel Corazon
Feb 12, 2011

Chamale:

Lumpen goes on as I’ve learned is his way. Cham’s response?

Chamale posted:

Look how slick he's fooled you!

##vote Lumpen

But why, Cham, Lumpen asks?

Chamale posted:

Aaaaaaah!

I'm most suspicious of you, motherfucker. You know you're not trustworthy, and you're trying to lead the new people around by the nose and distract them from yourself. It's not going to work. Scum protects scum, and I wasn't convinced by Kashuno's cute little vote and unvote. See how he's defending you now! Then there's Ernie, who vouched for you, in a way that we conveniently can't verify. Lumpen, Kashuno, and Ernie. are scum.

Rarity is not on board:

Rarity posted:

Hi, it's great to have you playing :)

That said, I'm never a fan of people basing reads on unknown flips. Do you have any thoughts that aren't relating to the Lumpen discussion?

Chamale posted:

No one else has seemed suspicious to me yet other than the three I named. I see that Lumpen and Kashuno are posting a lot and not doing well to defend themselves, whereas your posting has me thinking that you're probably Town-aligned like me. The other people posting have not drawn my attention in any particular way. I'll point out that it's of course possible some of the other new people are Scum we haven't spotted and they're laying low, but I'm confident that the three I named are Scum. Of course if they kill me to shut me up, that's a flashing neon sign that says I was right, so I don't know how they're going to act.

TMM points out logic flaws and Cham is open to criticism.

Chamale posted:

Killing everyone and everything!

You have a point, I'm used to seeing scum stick together but that's because the real-life games I've played were at least 50% completely new people. So my attempt to assess who is scum, which was largely based on my suspicion of Lumpen, may be off. But I'm still personally convinced that Lumpen is scum.

Cham is totally fixed on Lumpen being scum. Probably why Lumpen was convinced Cham was scum. These players’ positions on eachother are pretty consistent since D1 (and remember Lumpen was targeted N1 before I swapped them for TMM). AC and Foo criticize Cham’s reasoning. Lumpen tags Cham as Suspicious in LumpenList #1. Someone Awful adds their suspicion towards Cham. Lumpen grows more suspicious but respects the Newbie Code.

Rarity points out that it’s strange when Opop’s name first comes up. Cham chimes in agreeably:

Chamale posted:

We agreed. Opop also seems to have suspicions of Lumpen and Kashuno, and I also suspect both of them, so I'd rather vote for one of them.

##unvote

##vote Kashuno

(Do I need to say unvote before I change my vote?)

And :bandwagon: onto the Kash trainwreck. We know how this goes.

D2:

Lumpen posted:

##vote Chamale
No more newbie shield.

Votes on Kashuno that I hated: f_v's driveby vote after zero participation for a very long time, Acebuckeye's "total panic" edit-vote that he was still around to fix, Chamale's been over-the-top Newbie Scummy in every single post. Opop is still Scummy and Rarity probably did the most to keep the lynch from turning to him.

Corazon, you seem to think bandwagons are good and cool. They aren't.

Shut up, Lumpen they are cool and good :bandwagon: but everything else Lumpen says is still pretty valid now. Hiip is iced before Cham gets input. Cham is conspicuously absent for awhile. Lumpen puts opop first on the vote list but clearly plans for Cham to be their next vote. Cham misses the lynch for opop (scum).

D2: Cham ups their logic game:

Chamale posted:

He'll hurt us, alright.

imgay, what evidence do you have that you are Max? Do you have some power to use that lets you prove this?

These are posts that make me also suspect imgay, I thought TMM had a good point and he got killed by Scum that very night. Also imgay must die for misquoting the movie:

##vote imgay

I'm also a little suspicious of Rarity for voting for Opop, who turned out to be scum, during joke phase. Then when there might have been a bandwagon starting on Opop, Rarity convinced us to go after Kash instead. But I know there was a bandwagon happening, and those who've played with Rarity more might think of this as a matter of personality.

Doubles down on imgay and reveals their job/flavor as Pregnant Chick/Double Voter which everyone thinks is very unlikely to be scum oriented. Ties their Townieness to flavor which isn’t easy for me to savor. Imgay responds like an idiot:

imgay posted:

Lol cham you should reread

It will be a trend.

Cham makes a fair point:

Chamale posted:

There's the People Eater himself.

Those two posts right before I hit send on mine are obviously very important. imgay claims to be a cop, but that's a role that can be faked, so I'm still suspicious of him. He claims to have investigated Ernie, who is now dead, and Rarity, who I just mentioned my suspicions on for the first time. That's an awfully convenient pair of people he claims to have investigated. He obviously wants them to be plausible, but to make me look bad by saying that Rarity is probably not Scum.

Someone Awful! accuses me of being Scum, which is fair, I know a lot of people suspect me. My posting has been weird because I'm doing a gimmick that has been difficult to keep up; the first sentence of all of my posts is a quote from my character, The Splendid Angharad. My role gives me the power to double vote, which cannot be faked.

##double imgay

Someone Awful isn’t quite sure about all this. Cham seems to open up a lot now to other people’s questioning and reasonings. I point out that Cham has good motive to kill Lumpen.

Captain Foo posted:

So does Foo. Cham explains:

Chamale posted:

Big rigs! I didn't understand the Colonel Corazon connection, you're right. The Scum were evidently trying to kill Lumpen two days in a row.

I'm saying we don't know if Max, or the cop role, is in this game at all. But I've proven that I have some kind of role that can double vote, and Angharad is the logical character for it to be; I can't imagine the flavour justification for the People Eater or Bullet Farmer having those roles, for example, because Joe hates them equally.

I went back to read Day 2 again and I found evidence that I think is damning against imgay. Here's my case. First fifteen posts on page 19. No one accuses Rarity of being Scum during any of day 2, but people accuse me of being Scum.

On the top of Lumpen's list, he lists Opoponax, me, and imgay. Rarity is in the second suspicion tier. imgay is doing his fake cop act in an attempt to look less suspicious:

So, if he is a cop, why investigate Rarity and not me? Investigating me would be far more understandable than investigating Rarity, a less suspicious poster. I admit that I was posting in a way that looked scummy.

Then, the argument on Day 3. I mentioned that most of my suspicions were on imgay, although I also suspected Rarity. Only then did imgay claim to have investigated Rarity on night 2. This was obviously an attempt to continue his fake cop act, and to make me look bad by claiming that Rarity, another person I accused, is Town. He couldn't claim that he investigated me and discovered that I was Scum, because any good cop would have brought that up in the first place - not only as a defense against accusations. So, we were suspicious of imgay on the second day and he started claiming to have a powerful town role, and only after we started planning to lynch him did he specifically claim to be a cop. My theory is that imgay is Scum falsely claiming to be a cop because he knows we all want to protect cops. Or maybe he's a lovely cop who did not choose the most suspicious target during Night 2 and didn't name his investigation targets until after he felt backed into a corner.

I know it's weird to make a case based on the fact that I have been viewed as one of the most suspicious people here. But I maintain that if imgay were a real cop he would have investigated me already, and that the double voting role is far more likely to be Town than to be a Scum role.

I'm also still somewhat suspicious of Rarity. It's possible that they're both scum, it's possible that imgay is scum and Rarity just made some inaccurate guesses, and it's possible that Rarity is scum and imgay is just a terrible cop.

Yeah, I admit I was very wrong about that. I just thought he was posting too much because when I've played this in person, it tends to be the Scum who talk the most.

imgay, Rarity, Foo, Ace, and myself strongly suspect Cham. Foo votes for Cham but later rescinds. f_v isn’t so sure on Cham and I lose a bit of suspicion too:

Colonel Corazon posted:

So I keep thinking about how stupid it would be for Cham and the scum to kill Lumpen if Lumpen was the only one pointing a finger at Cham.

Who would it really benefit? Cham is a great person to set up for these same reasons. Cham only pinged on my radar because they were the only one with a reason to want Lumpen out but that seems too obvious now that I'm thinking about it.

Rarity and imgay are pushing the blame on Cham (among others).

So, on Cham for right now?

I appear to make a better defense of Cham than Cham. Cham grabs on to this argument, invokes flavor arguments, and points the finger at Rarity (with much better thought out reasoning than when they started the game). Lowell maybe thinks Cham is scum. Rarity decides Cham is too dumb to be scum. Cham still thinks Rarity is scum:

Chamale posted:

True. imgay is backed up by the flavour argument which I think is solid, whereas Rarity is going out of her way to ridicule flavour arguments because she can't come up with a flavour defense for herself.

Cham isn’t currently voting.

Colonel’s Conclusion: Sweet baby Cham is a hot mess. Has a good reason for wanting Lumpen dead but it seems too obvious and sweet baby Cham is setting themselves up as a wonderful target for scum to use to bait the rest of us. Has really hosed up their votes but seems more indecisive and easily redirected than scum. Don’t trust Cham, possibly Scum, but others still stick out more since we know Cham has the double vote and, if not lying, is the pregnant chick from Fury Road (and would be Town-aligned based on the other wives’ reveals). I think I’ve already defended Cham better than Cham has. But Cham really likes Fury Road which is a Good and Correct opinion.

So dear sweet baby Cham, for all your effort:

(and remember how this scene ends you possible scum muthafucka)

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Please stop posting pictures of Tom Hardy. I can't concentrate on the game.

Colonel Corazon
Feb 12, 2011

imgay posted:

You have to look at stuff in context

I can sum you up as:

Never has a good answer, can't prove poo poo, and has dumb responses.

But someone else is still just in front of you:

##vote Rarity

I'll skip others for now to analyze Rarity. All these rereads are pointing me to Rarity as a priority lynch and I' rather justify my vote now and finish the rest later.

Colonel Corazon
Feb 12, 2011

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Please stop posting pictures of Tom Hardy. I can't concentrate on the game.

My ultimate deflection strategy.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp
That's some pretty solid analysis and I definitely agree with your conclusions so far. Nice work!

Colonel Corazon
Feb 12, 2011

Rarity:

Lumpen posts a lot. Many people don’t like it. Rarity is one of them:

Rarity posted:

This is very tempting. I don't like how he's come out of the gates so hard, he's trying to take control of the game. Could it be for NEFARIOUS PURPOSES hmmmmm

Lumpen posted:

Rarity, I think this post seems disingenuous. Do you really believe I've done anything to "take control of the game" in my 17 posts? I haven't even advocated any lynches. Playing content game gets people to post and creates something to post about. It encourages a more active game, and that is good for Town. I would love for everyone to get super engaged and come out of the gates hard, although I know it's the weekend.

You're also wishy-washy about voting or not. Hesitant.

So I'm wondering if you're Town and struggling with a desire to vote me but it's personal but you don't want to look petty and you think I'm probably Town, or else you're Scum and struggling with the desire to jump on a bandwagon but not wanting to have it look totally unjustified. You don't seem to actually think I may be pursuing "NEFARIOUS PURPOSES hmmmmm" (which I am not, and you are a good enough player hopefully to see that and not really want the game to lurk more). Kashuno is pretty clearly voting for someone he does not think is Scum.

Rarity posted:

It's not about pushing for lynches or anything like that. My read on you is based on your assertive tone and extensive flaunting of your mafia experience. This is a newbie heavy game and I think you're trying to get the newbies to fall in line with your way of thinking so you can take the role of town leader. Yes, content game is good and useful but it's early days so relying on it now to drive content looks like a crutch because you want to push the game in the direction you want instead of letting it develop naturally. I also don't like you praising my mafia ability, I never trust flattery.

As for Kash, there's no need to get on his back over that vote cause I doubt it's a serious one. Mine however, is.

##vote Lumpen

Good day!

It begins. Rarity votes for Lumpen. It’s still Jokeround maybe so it’s not taken too seriously.
Lumpen’s first analysis:

Lumpen posted:

#1 Rarity, based on her hedgey, hesitant post followed by doubling down to make an opportunistic bandwagon vote with glaringly insincere justification.
#2 Ernie. He "jokingly" Scumclaimed in the MasonDoc, and his vote on f_v was self-admittedly the Scummiest vote on the board.
#3 Kashuno's also got a Scummy bandwagon vote, a refusal to engage or explain, self-consciously excused his contentless posting while insisting he was "serious".

Also, Acebuckeye13, Chamale, and Colonel Corazon have been completely absent and said nothing. Scum may be among the lurkers but the Town among them have done nothing to help distinguish themselves, so a vig down there would be random.

Newbies! Please be less shy! You must have opinions and reactions to some posts you've seen, share your thoughts, they will be very welcome.

We find out that Ernie and Kash are town eventually. In the mean time, f_v is not down with Rarity’s vote:

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Really? This is some serious low hanging fruit.

Also, when would you use content game, except very early on? It's a major distraction from actual content any time after D1.

##vote Rarity

Rarity posted:

Content game is best used in anaemic games where you're on D2 or D3 and still nobody's really doing anything and/or loads of people are lurking. That's the point where content game is a really good tool to get people posting or to focus people's reads.

Lumpen posted:

How many players in this game have posted more than the mod? How many have posted less? I was bored yesterday, and want Mafia action. I want to encourage posting and get the newbies involved.

Your justification for your vote rings super fake and disingenuous, it is an excuse to bandwagon. HiipFire and Opop's votes on me are not particularly Scummy, and the newb's thirdvote was funny, but the later ones on the pile reek, especially your and Kashuno's.

I do not believe that you believe your own posts, and yet you keep affirming that you're being serious, so I conclude you're probably Scum.
##vote Rarity

f_v and Lumpen vote Rarity. f_v still not buying Rarity’s arguments.

Someone Awful! posted:

I dunno, I don't read Lumpen as nervous so much as really really assertive. The way he seems to be trying to control the dialog from the outset has me feeling uncertain. Yes, he's generating content, which is good, but is it helpful content? I haven't really learned anything from content game, personally. It seems like an easy route towards looking like a helpful townie while not actually accomplishing much.

I can't help wondering if I'm getting Townie vibes off of Rarity because I agree with them, though, which is something I'm trying to keep on my guard about.

I've been lurking games on SA for ages, but I've only ever played on EpicMafia, which... wasn't exactly a helpful experience. Like, apparently lynching in D1 is considered scummy there. :psyduck:

Someone indicates trust towards Rarity but is on guard.

Lumpen posted:

Well, some people do play terribly, do stupid things, and lose the game as Scum, that's true. But it's not bullshit to say to new players "Scum tend to lurk (especially here at SA) because it is the #1 most successful strategy", and to fight against the tide of lurk-enabling (such as piling on active posters), and that's what I'm getting at.

I concede that I am spouting ~general Mafia theory~ because I feel posty.

I do not want to distract from my contention that Rarity is Scum. Her posting is disingenuous, she does not believe her own justification, her bandwagon vote is opportunistic. I would like other people to go back, and look, and evaluate this.

Lumpen points this out on Rarity, which becomes a trend in Rarity’s future posts. Foo isn’t buying Lumpen’s argument completely, however. Rarity goes on to disagree with f_v and Lumpen. Ernie points out that Hiip is a shady motherfucker (Ernie ends up being right). Rarity jumps in:

Rarity posted:

This is a good post that makes a good point. Furthermore, it's making me wonder if Hiipfire and Opop are hiding behind an essential policy lynch to prevent having to make content.

Hiip, Opop, tell me another player you think is scum.

But why bring up Opop? Rarity likes Foo for Town (a common, safe opinion). TMM thinks Kash and Rarity are good Scum votes. Kash responds that TMM always says that about him. Rarity latches on:

Rarity posted:

This post gives me ~*vibes*~, I feel like Kash is trying to make a show of being casual.

Rarity ignores TMM’s jab and focuses it on Kash. TMM still puts Rarity as #3 on their hitlist (following Hiip and Kash). Lumpen unvotes Rarity since she’s finally posting content. While f_v and Rarity go back and forth, Rarity increases her support for Lumpen as scum and draws all discussion towards Lumpen’s posting. Lumpen fires back, since Rarity isn’t providing quotes or evidence. This is also a trend with Rarity.

As a side note, I notice that Kash’s post:

Kashuno posted:

Can I invoke Madman's Law (TM) and claim the second vote on me is definitely scum?

Ended up being right. Opop was that vote. RIP Kash.

Ace pettily votes for Rarity. Slapfight ensues. Lumpen lists Rarity as Super Scum on D1 list. AC isn’t sold on Rarity. Someone isn’t sold either. Kash votes AC and Rarity backs it up (but adds no vote).

Rarity posted:

Really not liking this explanation. I feel like TM's analysis is faked and lacking considering the amount of their conversation.

Rarity doesn’t like TMM’s input on imgay.

Rarity posted:

All caught up. Still prefer a Lumpen lynch, would be happy with Ace and could be swayed towards TM and maybe Kash. No real strong town reads except Foo

Reminder that Lumpen, Kash, and TMM end up innocent. TMM pushes on Rarity’s opinion of imgay:

Rarity posted:

You're making two different points about two different people and I'm reacting to them as I see them, I can like one and not the other.

imgay is like derp or Cpig, one of those players I find it difficult as gently caress to read

Answer???

Rarity points out that she likes Ernie’s read as Hiip as scum. Turns out to be right. Hiip as the serial killer is everyone’s problem. Rarity seems cool with Ernie (ends up Town).

TMMadman posted:

OK, my guess for scum team is now imgay, ernie and Rarity. Would vote any of them today, already voting ernie.

Imgay and his vote for Kash is opportunistic as hell.

TMM willing to kill Rarity. Rarity redirects TMM:

Rarity posted:

What's your case on Ernie? Feel free to just link it.

Lumpen backs off on Rarity and points fingers at Ernie but then brings up Opop. A good and cool :bandwagon: forms to kill Opop (Scum) until:

Rarity posted:

I'd vote Opop if it came down to it but I think there are better lynches out there and enough people to pull them off

Lumpen posted:

Opop was here today, he just didn't say much of anything

He hasn't said much of anything all game though. He did make several posts excusing himself from the game, which is Scummy. He provided nothing that gives me any indication that he might be Town, even though he's stayed in the middle of the postcount with totally empty one-line posts.

A fine lynch.

Lumpen has solid justification. Foo asks Rarity who would be better than Opop:

Rarity posted:

People who I think we can realistically get are Lumpen and Kash, both of whom would be better lynches.

Especially I don't like how Opop's name has entered the mix out of nowhere. It feels like an apathetic lynch of an easy target pushed by scum on a town without direction.

Lumpen and Kash. Townies. Rarity turns down the heat on Opop. So when the deadline looms?

Rarity posted:

Doing my bit :toot:

##vote Kash

Well ok. That sure is a reason. Jumps right on board the Kash-killing train.

End D1: Kash lynched (Dag - Town), TMM killed in N1 (Valkyrie - Town) by scum, Ernie killed in N1 (most likely killed by SK Hiip). Lumpen was supposed to be killed instead of TMM. Who were Lumpen’s enemies on D1?

votefinder posted:

Votecount for Day 1

Kashuno (10): TMMadman, Opopanax, apostateCourier, LowellDND, Lumpen, Lumpen, TMMadman, Someone Awful!, imgay, Chamale, Rarity, fiery_valkyrie, Acebuckeye13, Colonel Corazon
Opopanax (4): Rarity, Rarity, Kashuno, Lumpen, TMMadman, Captain Foo
HiipFire (1): Kashuno, Kashuno, Ernie.
Lumpen (1): HiipFire, Opopanax, LowellDND, apostateCourier, Kashuno, Rarity, apostateCourier, Kashuno, Chamale, Opopanax, LowellDND, Chamale, Rarity
imgay (0): apostateCourier, apostateCourier
Acebuckeye13 (0): Captain Foo, Captain Foo
fiery_valkyrie (0): Ernie., Ernie.
LowellDND (0): Lumpen, Lumpen
Rarity (0): fiery_valkyrie, Lumpen, Lumpen, Acebuckeye13, fiery_valkyrie, Acebuckeye13
TMMadman (0): Captain Foo, Captain Foo, Captain Foo, Captain Foo, Colonel Corazon, imgay, imgay, Colonel Corazon
apostateCourier (0): Kashuno, Kashuno
Ernie. (0): Lumpen, Lumpen, Lumpen, TMMadman, Lumpen, TMMadman

Not Voting (0):

With 16 alive, it's 9 votes to lynch. The current deadline is September 15th, 2015 at 1 p.m. PDT -- that's in about 0 minutes.

Hiip (Scum), Opop (Scum), Lowell, AC, Kash (Town), Rarity, Cham. I’m thinking it’s more important to remember Lumpen’s D1 enemies going into his N2 death. Lowell, Rarity, and Cham survived to be able to kill him.

D2: Lumpen points out Rarity’s defense of Opop and still claims Opop is a scum (rightfully so).

Hiip gets mowed down. Rarity goes silent for awhile but I’m confident it’s the timezone difference. Opop :bandwagon: restarts and Rarity isn’t around to have her say. Imgay chimes in to ask why Opop is about to get lynched but that’s as good as it gets before Opop dies. Lumpen upgrades Rarity to Suspicious. Then Lumpen gets iced.

Lumpen’s enemies? Cham, Rarity, imgay from D2. Lowell can carry over. AC also on Lumpen’s Suspicious list.

imgay posted:

I copped rarity last night, they are town or Joe, unless my target got bussed. I copped ernie n1

Imgay covers for Rarity. Why?

imgay posted:

Why not, I felt it was a worthy target

Foo is OK with the investigation.

Anyways, the ID is invalid if imgay is telling the truth because I bussed imgay and Rarity.

Chamale posted:

There's the People Eater himself.

Those two posts right before I hit send on mine are obviously very important. imgay claims to be a cop, but that's a role that can be faked, so I'm still suspicious of him. He claims to have investigated Ernie, who is now dead, and Rarity, who I just mentioned my suspicions on for the first time. That's an awfully convenient pair of people he claims to have investigated. He obviously wants them to be plausible, but to make me look bad by saying that Rarity is probably not Scum.

Someone Awful! accuses me of being Scum, which is fair, I know a lot of people suspect me. My posting has been weird because I'm doing a gimmick that has been difficult to keep up; the first sentence of all of my posts is a quote from my character, The Splendid Angharad. My role gives me the power to double vote, which cannot be faked.

##double imgay

Cham unloads all of that. Rarity is a suspected scum. Imgay’s role can’t be confirmed.

fiery_valkyrie posted:

You're not on my list of people I want to vote anymore today.

People should look at Rarity and the points I made on her D1.

f_v brings up Rarity again. Foo’s analysis of Lumpen’s enemies:

Captain Foo posted:

imgay posted:

I'm still susp of rarity, I don't like their votes and my inest called in them last night, so my susp haven't changed

Imgay suspects Rarity.

Acebuckeye13 posted:

Actually, looking back at it I'm thinking Rarity is a pretty strong Scum candidate.

-Everyone she's fingered so far has been Confirmed Town

-Hasn't posted since Kash got murdered

Obviously none of this is a guarantee, but were the vote held right now I think Rarity would be the strongest choice, given all other factors.

Ace gives the anti-Rarity argument and votes Rarity. Lowell does as well:

LowellDND posted:

Yeah, that’s fair. Day 2 was a bit of a shoo-in, as we had 6 votes when I was looking at the thread.

My reasons for suspecting Rarity: Started with a bunch of one liners, and then went hard for Lumpen (who was revealed to be town). Following that, they tended to be low content, skeptical of everyone, but not posting any effort posts. Instead, they simply went around asking people to give their own reads. Their second target was a town (who they didn’t give a read for, and showed little interest in it prior to their vote). And of course, they are now lurking. 'Ill post later, Im just tired and drunk right now.'

LowellDND posted:

To me it reads like Rarity is trying to burn out the clock and not respond to accusations so someone else is marked for lead.

Rarity returns! And applauds f_v focusing on Opop after Opop’s scum confirmation.

Rarity posted:

Ok, I've already read ahead so I know all the flips. With that knowledge I like this post from FV. Leaving her vig out of things, here she's bringing focus back on scum when if she'd kept quiet Opop could well have skated by after surviving the previous day.

Shits on Ace:

Rarity posted:

This is even worse than your last post. Have you ever heard of the term 'chain lynch' before and do you get why it's scummy as hell?

Rarity on why Lumpen got killed:

Rarity posted:

This was a really great post from Lumpen that convinced me he was town the first time I saw it. I like the logical analysis here and think it's definitely worth keeping in mind if imgay's upcoming claim ends up being confirmed. It's also potentially the trigger that caused scum to kill him last night, cause besides this I don't see any reason for scum to go for the confirmed mason.

Supports me, an obvious Townie:

Rarity posted:

Town bus driver can be useful if you manage to redirect the NK back onto scum, that's how you should be using it.

I'm willing to take Corazon as town based on this claim. For a scum bus driver to claim the role is a big, risky play and scum are always afraid of claiming PRs associated with scum. It's not a play I see a new player making as scum.

[quote]

imgay posted:

I think 1-shot cop pretty weak claim unless they claiming joat, but its wierd since this is supposed to be a more vanillaish game. I've never defended opop, i just didn't read anything said by you guys voting him why he was so votey.

I think fv or lumpen scum and lowell or corazon scum. it just seems the way my gut is rolling.

Rarity posted:

This is a strong indication that imgay's cop claim is legit. imgay claimed on D3 right? I'll find out in due time but if he is pulling a fakeclaim then it's one he's been setting up for a while cause this post clearly comes from the perspective of someone with a cop PR.

Rarity somehow supporting imgay but I don’t know how the gently caress it makes sense.

Rarity posted:

Hi peeps. I've missed tons, i'm town, i'll catch up with the thread when i'm less tried and less drunk. I'll start tomorrow morning and see how much I can crack through before work.

AC points out the above quote and how useless and weird it is to point out that she’s town.

f_v calls Rarity out on inconsistent reasoning. Cham starts to suspect Rarity. Foo not sure of Rarity either but has bigger fish to fry.

Rarity posted:

I'm not claiming anything right now. This is some serious role fishing.

##vote Chamale

Gonna do my D3 reread in a bit

Rarity votes Cham and ignores other questions. Not much input. Rarity also points out Ace as a second scum pick.

Chamale posted:

We have no way of knowing who you are, I've shown that my Angharad character gives me the power to double vote, and that's usually a town-aligned power. I am our Angharad, and I believe that imgay is our Max because there are so few possible Town characters so both of these must be in the game, and no one is counterclaiming. I've put my cards on the table, you're hiding something.

##double Rarity

Oh sweet baby Cham.

Rarity starts jabbing at Cham and Ace, focusing everything on them and not herself.

Acebuckeye13 posted:

Or, you know, you posted them at three in the morning and after getting up and going to class this is the first chance I've had to respond. I don't play Werewolf very often (Last time was back in May) and no, I don't know what a Chain Lynch is, or how it fits into you trying to paint me as Scum.

That being said, seems to me like you're trying awful hard to throw suspicion off yourself and imgay by implicating myself and Chamale (Not that I'm saying Chamale isn't scum, mind you-you could be trying to throw him under the bus and deflect suspicion to save your own skin). Not to mention claiming you've got some powerful role that you don't want to reveal. Panicking and posting constantly trying to dredge up "suspicious" posts without reading half of them doesn't exactly scream "Town" either, but that's just me.

Ace not happy with this poo poo. Rarity responds:

Rarity posted:

Ok, three points:

1. A chain lynch is saying "one of X and Y is scum so let's lynch X today and then if he flips town we can lynch Y tomorrow". It's scummy as gently caress because it allows scum to set up two days of mislynches

2. Yes, I'm softclaiming at -2. This is a standard town play for PRs.

3. You've never played with me so you don't know my style but cause of being a different time zone I often have to play catch up with the thread, especially when there's two game days to catch up with. I'm not going to ignore old content (and you'd best believe I read every post cause it took me drat long enough). That's what I do in every game regardless of whether I'm town or scum, it's a completely null point. FV and AC can confirm this, alternatively you can read some of my previous games and see me doing exactly the same thing there.

Rarity posted:

Ok, time to summarise. In honour of our fallen buddy I'm presenting my thoughts in the form of a list (sorry about the whole thinking you were scum thing!)

Scandalously Scum

- Chamale [doublevoter] (is incredibly concerned about proving himself to be town, not buying imgay choosing me to investigate looks sus)
- Acebuckeye13 (incredibly lurky, only has opinions that have been proven as popular, setting up chain lynches)

Salaciously Suspicious

- LowellMD (incredibly lurky, not giving reads, lovely 'me too' votes)

Needlessly Neutral

- apostateCourier [1-day cop] (1-day cop could be scum rolecop, has contributed little else)
- fiery_valkyrie [vig] (I don't like her reaction in these last few posts at all)

Tremulously Trustworthy

- Someone Awful! (thoughts seem consistent, hasn't done anything that stands out as scummy)
- Captain Foo (I think claims aside we all find Foo the towniest in the game and if he's scum then we're screwed)

Tremendously Townie

- Captain Corazon [bus driver] (like I said, I don't see a newbie scum claiming bus driver)[/i]
- imgay (cop) (I see no reason to doubt this claim)
- Rarity (:sun:)

Trusts me, Foo, and imgay. No longer on board with f_v. Doubles down on Cham and Ace. AC and lowell don’t seem to be priorities.

Ace is not happy with this:

Acebuckeye13 posted:

I also find it funny that the first thing imgay did after declaring he was a cop was claiming that he'd copped Rarity and she was cool, and the only reason given was that she "Seemed like a worthy target". Is that proof they're working together? You be the judge! And jury, and executioner.

Captain Foo posted:

lmao you call me the towniest but don't actually put me in the towniest slot

lmao

My thoughts on this page:

Colonel Corazon posted:

Based on cham, rarity and imgays opinions of each other we know:

Cham thinks rarity is scum and probably imgay.
Rarity trusts imgay and thinks cham and ace are probably scum.
Imgay is deflecting and needs to give some better opinions but seems to favor Rarity.

This leads me to suspecting imgay and rarity.

Need to do a reread and reevaluate after work. I trust Foo and f_v.

Imgay we need some answers buddy.

Imgay will never give answers.

Colonel Corazon posted:

So I keep thinking about how stupid it would be for Cham and the scum to kill Lumpen if Lumpen was the only one pointing a finger at Cham.

Who would it really benefit? Cham is a great person to set up for these same reasons. Cham only pinged on my radar because they were the only one with a reason to want Lumpen out but that seems too obvious now that I'm thinking about it.

Rarity and imgay are pushing the blame on Cham (among others).

So, on Cham for right now?

Rarity is gunning for Cham. Pushing the narrative that Cham is scum. This would really benefit Rarity as scum. Imgay deflecting and loosely supporting Rarity. Probably Rarity’s scum pal.

Acebuckeye13 posted:

That's true, but at the same time it's not as though he's alone in suspecting Rarity and imgay-I'm pretty convinced of it myself. There's still a chance he's scum, but I'd feel much safer going for Rarity at this point since her flipping would help to implicate imgay as well.

Someone Awful! posted:

Like, is it all just because Rarity defended Opop and Opop flipped scum? I can see that, it just doesn't feel all that strong to me

Someone not down with the Rarity bandwagon at this time. Rarity returns to focus on Cham some more and fails to provide much in the way of evidence to dissuade others’ concerns on her standing.

Rarity posted:

You keep saying this but you realise you're only actually talking about Lumpen and Kash, right? And I was far from the only person to suspect them.

I'm not going to doubt an uncountered cop claim this early in the game.

Basing alignment reads on unknown flips is bad mafia play. I know it's easy to get locked on to an opinion and extrapolate from there but I've been wrong cause of that so many times and all it does is harm town. We need to be able to judge everyone independently of each other to get the best reads. I think I'm reaching a similar point with you as I am with Chamale though. Your arguments seem like someone who's just inexperienced with mafia and who isn't familiar with standard plays or scum flags. I realise I've been quite harsh on both of you but I hope you guys keep playing mafia here cause one day we'll be in a game together and you'll be like 'dude, you were totally right, what were we thinking?'

What were we thinking!!!

Rarity posted:

You're forgetting most of D1 when I was tunnelled on Lumpen :v:

And shielding Opop. Rarity votes for Lowell. Lowell provides more explanation:

LowellDND posted:

I like how you voted for me after I voted for you :v: That's not sketchy at all.

Mostly this is my first game and I'm still trying to learn the ropes. As for the expansion on my list:

town
lowell

probably town
corazon - seems to have some good ideas and similar reads

foo - posts often, seems to be doing good analysis

ace - similar read as me when it comes to rarity, which is encouraging

neutral
someone - can’t get a solid read on them yet
f_v - can’t get a solid read on them yet

maybe scum
cham - flavor fishing, but that isn’t necessarily proof
apostate - something about them doesnt feel right, but Im waiting it out.

scum
imgay - seems oddly deffensive

rarity - My reasons for voting Rarity: Started with a bunch of one liners, and then went hard for Lumpen (who was revealed to be town). Following that, they tended to be low content, skeptical of everyone, but not posting any effort posts. Instead, they simply went around asking people to give their own reads. Their second target was a town (who they didn’t give a read for, and showed little interest in it prior to their vote).

Rarity posted:

It's your first game, you don't even know what counts as sketchy yet :v:

You don’t know sketchy!!! Cham wonders why Rarity doesn’t offer more details.

Rarity posted:

I'm keeping quiet cause flavour seems linked to role, you loving idiot

Who Rarity Thinks Is Scum:
Lumpen (Town)
AC
Hiip (SK)
Kash (Town)
Cham
Lowell

I am probably missing dudes.

Colonel’s Conclusion: You didn’t catch my eye until my first reread during N1 so I swapped you and imgay. You support the obvious Townies (me, Foo, and prob f_v). Besides the obvious Townies, you have supported Opop (scum) and imgay (not looking too hot). You saved Opop from a D1 lynch. You and imgay follow others after they vote. You are reactionary and often completely redirect conversations. You focus other players on those who are hostile towards you and your likely allies. You throw shade all over the place but never offer substantial rationales. You are a Proud Mafia Mommy :3: and you are Scum :mediocre:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colonel Corazon
Feb 12, 2011

Also imgay I will protect you tonight. By swapping you with myself. :madmax:

• Locked thread