Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
I would've never guessed SA!

But drat you all for doubting me on opop :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

The sad thing about this ending was that SA was really good at appearing townie until for whatever reason he stopped posting. I think he honestly would have had a decent shot at winning. :(

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

honest question was my reasoning for thinking hiip was scummy so convoluted that no one got it? (lumpen excepted since i'm sure he just has a schtick to not 'get things' so it's easier when he's scum :()

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Dumb amateurs crew :cool:

Good game, everyone. This was very different from what I expected. I'm used to playing in a format where we know what the roles are, it's just a matter of working out who has them, so the Cop will often claim their role on the first night and ask for protection if we know there's a Doctor. Sorry if my weird expectations made me seem really scummy.

Out of curiosity, how did the scum know who to fake-claim as for flavour?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.
Yay town! In your face Rarity! (not really, dont hate me :sun:)

Well done to all the new players, you did a fantastic job. We'd love to see you all play more games. Especially well done to SA!. Being scum in your first game is incredibly hard and you did a fantastic job to go so long without being suspected.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
SA hopefully you are alive

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

There was a terrible noise.
There was a terrible silence.

That was fun :3:

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Join cpig's game if you want to play more, it has like 5 spots left. http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3742528

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

I'm reading the scum doc, I think it's funny that Sam is apologizing for not leaving room for fakeclaims. A mass flavour claim on D1 would have really put the Scum on the spot.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

I'd been happy, and I was happy still. For all to be accomplished,
for me to feel less lonely,
all that remained to hope
was that on the day of my execution
there should be a huge crowd of spectators and that they should
greet me with howls of execration.
Plaster Town Cop
Great game! I think the newbies were all fantastic.

Colonel Corazon's analysis posts were amazing effort.
Lowell's namedrop analysis was really interesting.
Acebuckeye did some good analysis and showed his train of thought well. Good for you, deciding to side with Town. Being a Survivor excuses your D1.
SomeoneAwful actually had me very fooled, was posting very convincingly Townie (until he gave up and disappeared).

I think it's great that you came to play with us and I sincerely hope to see all four of you in future games. It was a real pleasure. I really liked that after my flip, some people looked back to use some of the stuff I had left behind, and hopefully it was helpful, at least in catching apostateCourier. :)

Also, dead Townies also "win the game" with Town.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I am still not entirely awake and forgot to list the dead townies. Lemme edit that post. :downs:

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Now that max has saved the newbies as a minor character, I must wander back through the wastelands.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.
So do alive townies. You left me out as well.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

fiery_valkyrie posted:

So do alive townies. You left me out as well.

I noticed that and fixed it too. :v:

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

I'd been happy, and I was happy still. For all to be accomplished,
for me to feel less lonely,
all that remained to hope
was that on the day of my execution
there should be a huge crowd of spectators and that they should
greet me with howls of execration.
Plaster Town Cop

SirSamVimes posted:

I noticed that and fixed it too. :v:

In the Mafia Discussion Thread it should say Town and Survivor victory.

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

apostateCourier posted:

ffs we're going to get iced on flavor
If they press it now we're dead
period

ahahahahahahahaha

Colonel Corazon
Feb 12, 2011

A faction armed to the teeth hardly seems friendly to me.

Honk honk! :bandwagon:

I can't believe I actually got killed over the Doc and Cop. Guess pretending I was gonna bus imgay drew the heat on me after all. Wouldn't have worked since I couldn't bus myself anyways...

I hope I honored my promise properly, Lumpen. :allears:

Thanks for the game, Sam! Hope to play with you all again.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Excellent game SSV. I was sad when I got killed on N1, but then laughed heartily when I found out it was because the War Rig bussed me.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Colonel Corazon posted:

Honk honk! :bandwagon:

I can't believe I actually got killed over the Doc and Cop. Guess pretending I was gonna bus imgay drew the heat on me after all. Wouldn't have worked since I couldn't bus myself anyways...

I hope I honored my promise properly, Lumpen. :allears:

Thanks for the game, Sam! Hope to play with you all again.

I believe it was actually more because you were putting out some dangerously good reads.

Colonel Corazon
Feb 12, 2011

TMMadman posted:

Excellent game SSV. I was sad when I got killed on N1, but then laughed heartily when I found out it was because the War Rig bussed me.

My bad :madmax:

Colonel Corazon
Feb 12, 2011

SirSamVimes posted:

I believe it was actually more because you were putting out some dangerously good reads.

:3:

I finally was able to contribute once I could reread the thread.

I really was taking care of my grandpa until last Weds and it took me five minutes to load anything using their internet. All but worthless until then. But all is well!

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

It's all good. You had a good reason/cause and thought I was scum on D1.

Plus, it was amusing.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp
I won! :toot: Probably could have posted better on D1, but this was a fun game! Not sure I'll be able to play again (Grad school is starting to ramp up) but if I've got time in the future I'd definitely be down.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Acebuckeye13 posted:

I won! :toot: Probably could have posted better on D1, but this was a fun game! Not sure I'll be able to play again (Grad school is starting to ramp up) but if I've got time in the future I'd definitely be down.

quite a few of us are grad students. don't let that be your excuse. :3:

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp
Maaaybe next week, this week is hella busy.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Yay that was a good game! SA! i hope you are okay because you were playing scarily well as scum until you disappeared :(

I hope the rookies continue to play :)

SSV was this your first game? If so, well done! If not, well done anyway. The lack of room for flavorclaims is ultimately a small issue, and one you can fix; lord knows i've screwed up worse. Speaking of screwing up, if I may say so myself, I think that was the best game I've ever played as town :yayclod:

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Ernie. posted:

##vote hiipfire

this post is grandstanding. it doesn't actually achieve anything. why is it worded as if it's trying to convince lumpen that he himself is scum?

moreover it comes off to me as hiipfire posting what he thinks a townie would be thinking rather than what a townie would actually think which is

ernie were you talking about this post? I really did not understand the point of your argument, tbqh

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Captain Foo posted:

Yay that was a good game! SA! i hope you are okay because you were playing scarily well as scum until you disappeared :(

I hope the rookies continue to play :)

SSV was this your first game? If so, well done! If not, well done anyway. The lack of room for flavorclaims is ultimately a small issue, and one you can fix; lord knows i've screwed up worse. Speaking of screwing up, if I may say so myself, I think that was the best game I've ever played as town :yayclod:

This was the first game I've modded! I plan on doing more, because it was good fun watching you argue and steepling my fingers because I know you're all wrong.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

omg lol @ opop forgetting aC was scum IN THE SCUMDOC

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

SirSamVimes posted:

This was the first game I've modded! I plan on doing more, because it was good fun watching you argue and steepling my fingers because I know you're all wrong.

:hellyeah:

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Captain Foo posted:

omg lol @ opop forgetting aC was scum IN THE SCUMDOC

I still can't stop laughing about that!

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Woop woop go town :toot:

Thanks for the game, Sam. I hope you remember to give out fakeclaims in future games you mod. I'm not surprised SA went into lurk mode once we got to claiming.

Chamale posted:

Dumb amateurs crew :cool:

I have to apologise to all the newbies for being so aggressive and mean to them on D3. I was very frustrated and didn't handle it well, sorry. I hope I didn't put any of you off playing any more games with the community :ohdear: Chamale, turns out you were absolutely right to make flavour cases!

All you guys should come play in Cpig's game, there's a whole load of really fun people playing!

Rarity fucked around with this message at 06:58 on Sep 23, 2015

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Yay town! In your face Rarity! (not really, dont hate me :sun:)

Nuh uh in your face

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Rarity posted:

Nuh uh in your face

As soon as AC flipped I knew you were coming after me. You should play more, we need to be scum together again.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

fiery_valkyrie posted:

As soon as AC flipped I knew you were coming after me. You should play more, we need to be scum together again.

We really do, I love when I have awesome scum buddies :3:

I have been dragged back into mafia but I can't really manage more than one game at a time these days. I have a social life now so can't invest the time I used to.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Friends are overrated Rarity.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Friends are overrated Rarity.

Then why do I keep talking to you then?

Zing!

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

:fry:

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Wait, this was the one I wanted.

:vince:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES

Captain Foo posted:

ernie were you talking about this post? I really did not understand the point of your argument, tbqh
I still don't understand this post either.

• Locked thread