Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

When Immortan Joe sends out his convoy led by Furiosa to retrieve gasoline from the neighbouring Gastown, he could never have suspected she was aiding his harem of wives in escaping from his Citadel. With the help of Max Rockatansky, she must drive like she has never driven before to escape from the pursuit of Joe and his cronies. Welcome to Mad Max: Fury Road, a closed setup game for 16 players. This will be a rather straightforward setup with a moderate amount of roles, all of which are standard mafia roles that you can find on the wiki. Days will be up to 72 hours, nights will be up to 24 hours.

RULES - Breaking these rules will make you liable to be modkilled.

• Nights will be closed.
  • No posting after the hammer.
  • No out of thread communication unless you are specifically told that you are permitted to.
  • No toxxing/betting/truth or dare.
  • Hangings are majority, not plurality.
  • No posting mod PMs.
  • No editing posts.
  • No faking day actions.
  • No lurking.

Seriously, don't lurk. If you sign up and later realise you can't commit to this game, PM me and ask for a replacement. But ideally, only sign up if you can truly contribute to the game.

Town win condition: You are Town-aligned. You win when all threats to the town are eliminated.
Scum win condition: You are Scum-aligned. You win when scum players control the vote.
3P win condition: ???

Players:

1. Acebuckeye13
  2. apostateCourier
  3. Captain Foo
  4. Chamale
  5. Colonel Corazon
  6. Ernie.
  7. fiery_valkyrie
  8. HiipFire
  9. imgay
  10. Kashuno
  11. LowellDND
  12. Lumpen
  13. Opopanax
  14. Rarity
  15. Someone Awful!
  16. TMMadman

Replacements

• CCKeane
  • Magnus Gallant
  • merk

SirSamVimes fucked around with this message at 00:11 on Sep 15, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Sorry wrong mad max :smith:

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

imgay posted:

Can I be that deformed midget that looks in the telescope in the city then?

I can neither confirm nor deny which characters from the movie are included.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Captain Foo posted:

##vote tmm lol @u for not knowing the name of the Doof Warrior

actually his name is Coma the Doof Warrior

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Still need six more people! All the PMs are written up, so I can send them as soon as I have everyone.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

The game is full! Role PMs will be on their way shortly.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Role PMs are now out.

The escapees are on the loose. With god knows who chasing them, will they be able to survive? The chase begins!

SirSamVimes fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Sep 12, 2015

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

HiipFire posted:

lets have some fun playing mafia except for keane gently caress that guy right

##vote cckeane

Keane is not in the game, I forgot to edit the automatically generated player list. Done now! Or maybe you lynched him with one vote???

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

You're welcome. :)

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

To vote, type ##vote playername or an approximation of their name. Only ##vote will register on SA's automatic vote tallying bot.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Please do not continue your slapfight with Ecco in this game, especially seeing as she's not even in it.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Lumpen posted:

Votefinder and the first line of the OP have a discrepancy about the number of players and the number required to lynch.

Amended.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Day 1:Kashuno, The Dag, (Vanilla Town), was lynched.

If you have a role that has an action that can be used at night, PM me with who you'd like to use it on.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Colonel Corazon posted:

##unvote

##vote kash

You're the only one who I've consistently suspected, it was you and lumpen on Sunday and you and TMM yesterday.

Get shredded!

:bandwagon:

You're a newbie so it's okay, but please try to avoid posting content after the hammer.

Re: Lumpen posting the mason doc. Unfortunately I didn't put anything about this in the rules, so I'm just going to have to do that from now on. Don't do it again.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Night 1
  • TMMadman, The Valkyrie (town-aligned Vanilla Town) was riddled with bullets.
  • Ernie., Nux (town-aligned Mason Miller) was impaled.

Day 2 begins.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Mid-day 2: Hiipfire, The Buzzard (serial killer-aligned Serial Killer) was shot.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I just realised that I forgot to mark Kashuno as dead on Votefinder, so it's now 7 votes to lynch instead of 8.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Day 2: Opopanax, The Bullet Farmer (scum-aligned Assassin) was lynched

Get your night actions in to me. Let's see if we can get another super quick night.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Night 2: Lumpen, Capable (town-aligned Mason) was riddled with bullets.

Day 3 begins.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Captain Foo posted:

ayy lmao ##vote :quig:

Voting an emote isn't registering on votefinder.org, not even as a "Someone's voted and I can't recognise who they're voting for!" thing for me to resolve. Also please bold your day actions in future because it makes them easier for me to spot. (don't edit that one, obviously)

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Chamale posted:

Tie him up! I'm saying that imgay is Scum who lied about being a cop. I don't think a real cop would have investigated Rarity on the second night, and I suspect imgay is falsely claiming to be a cop. If I understand the rules correctly, he can lie about being a cop, but I can't lie about my power to vote twice. I'm Angharad, the defacto leader of the wives, so I get two votes.

There is nothing in the rules about lying about powers. No faking day actions means that you can't pretend to DO the power that you don't have because it just confuses the game while people wait for the mod to resolve/not resolve it. Someone could lie about being a double voter, but it would be very easy to catch them out seeing as they'd be unable to actually do said double vote.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Note: If a double vote is not registering, that means I am just not around to manually add it and you should just assume that the recipient has one more vote than votefinder says.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Day 3: apostateCourier, Immortan Joe (scum-aligned Godfather) was lynched.

Get your night actions in to me for a nice quick night.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Night 3: Colonel Corazon, The War Rig :bandwagon: (town-aligned Bus Driver) was riddled with bullets.

Day 4 begins.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

votefinder.org says he's been voted for by f_v

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Rarity posted:

Guys, this movie is loving awesome.

If this game got a single person to watch Fury Road, I consider it a success.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

fiery_valkyrie posted:

I dont get it.

Then watch the movie!

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Day 4: SomeoneAwful, The People Eater (scum-aligned Rolecop) has been lynched!

imgay, Max Rockatansky (town-aligned Cop) has won the game!
fallen_valkyrie, Imperator Furiosa (town-aligned Vigilante) has won the game!
Ernie., Nux (town-aligned Miller Mason) has won the game!
Lumpen, Capable (town-aligned Mason) has won the game!
Colonel Corazon, The War Rig (town-aligned Bus Driver) has won the game!
Rarity, Miss Giddy (town-aligned Doctor) has won the game!
Chamale, The Splendid Angharad (town-aligned Governer) has won the game!
Kashuno, The Dag (town-aligned Vanilla Town) has won the game!
Captain Foo, Toast the Knowing (town-aligned Vanilla Town) has won the game!
LowellDND, Keeper of the Seeds (town-aligned Vanilla Town) has won the game!
TMMadman, The Valkyrie (town-aligned Vanilla Town) has won the game!
Acebuckeye13, Cheedo the Fragile (survivor-aligned Survivor) has survived to the end and won the game!

Moddoc: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1HpbtpuaC08iGDNITcqy4Ho_BHt64pY_fkavZu2e4MUE/edit?usp=sharing
Scumdoc: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/151GQv8jJv8638PA-YfrvDHLsiPCYO3vvQ2AssEBnu-8/edit?usp=sharing

Notes: I hosed up in a few ways modding this game.

1. I tied flavour to alignment and then failed to account for fakeclaims. With the benefit of retrospect, I would have made the Town Doctor be the Organic Mechanic and replaced a couple of the wives/Vuvulani with more neutral characters in the movie like the Ace or Corpus Collosus, allowing me to give fakeclaims to the scum team.
  2. The balance was kind of tilted towards town. I had asked for advice on balancing and was told it was okay, but right now I feel like I should have probably made Max an Insane Cop (which would have also been very appropriate).
  3. Despite having a few backup players, I didn't think to start replacing the scumteam until it was too late for it to make a difference.
  4. Minor fuckup, but by actually giving an opinion on the masondoc thing, I basically mod confirmed that Lumpen was indeed a mason. Oops.

Aside from that, I think the game went well. The newbies got engaged, everyone had a grand ol' time and two people were convinced to watch Fury Road who hadn't already seen it. Until that last day where for some reason SomeoneAwful vanished. He said both to me in Skype when I poked him and in the thread when he phoneposted that he was going to account for himself, but then never showed up? I'm assuming something came up in real life.

Newbies! Did you have fun? If so, here are some handy dandy links for you.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=103 The Game Room, where all Mafia games get posted. There's always a game or two accepting signups.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3729528 The Mafia Discusison thread, where the community talks about Mafia and stays on topic fore- okay I can't finish that sentence. We mostly chat about whatever.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2894586 New Game Announcement Thread, where people moderating games post that they're recruiting and want people to come have fun.

SirSamVimes fucked around with this message at 00:33 on Sep 23, 2015

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

The sad thing about this ending was that SA was really good at appearing townie until for whatever reason he stopped posting. I think he honestly would have had a decent shot at winning. :(

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I am still not entirely awake and forgot to list the dead townies. Lemme edit that post. :downs:

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

fiery_valkyrie posted:

So do alive townies. You left me out as well.

I noticed that and fixed it too. :v:

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Colonel Corazon posted:

Honk honk! :bandwagon:

I can't believe I actually got killed over the Doc and Cop. Guess pretending I was gonna bus imgay drew the heat on me after all. Wouldn't have worked since I couldn't bus myself anyways...

I hope I honored my promise properly, Lumpen. :allears:

Thanks for the game, Sam! Hope to play with you all again.

I believe it was actually more because you were putting out some dangerously good reads.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Captain Foo posted:

Yay that was a good game! SA! i hope you are okay because you were playing scarily well as scum until you disappeared :(

I hope the rookies continue to play :)

SSV was this your first game? If so, well done! If not, well done anyway. The lack of room for flavorclaims is ultimately a small issue, and one you can fix; lord knows i've screwed up worse. Speaking of screwing up, if I may say so myself, I think that was the best game I've ever played as town :yayclod:

This was the first game I've modded! I plan on doing more, because it was good fun watching you argue and steepling my fingers because I know you're all wrong.

• Locked thread