Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

There's only one prescription for Nazism and it's 76mm HVAP

Ultra Carp

I've never played forums mafia but I did see Fury Road in theaters for the fifth time on Monday so sign me the hell up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Ultra Carp

I don't know who to trust :ohdear:

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Ultra Carp

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Acebuckeye, Chamale, Colonel Corazon, LowellDND and Someone Awful,

what is your previous mafia experience? If you have played mafia before was it online or in real life?

Played Werewolf a bunch of times IRL, never online.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Ultra Carp

Lumpen posted:

(^full post history^)
Hi. You signed up to play a game of Mafia. Don't be shy, we want to hear your thoughts. All thoughts are welcome. You are safe from being voted out D1 no matter what you say.
How does what you've seen in the last 7 pages compare with your bunch of IRL Werewolf D1's? What criteria do you usually use in deciding who to vote for? Who do you think is Scum?
Please take a few minutes to type at least 75 words about this game.

Generally I know who I'm playing with, so I can judge them by how they talk/act when faced with specific accusations. Obviously, this isn't the case here-I don't know anyone, I don't know how anyone usually acts, and the specifics of the format make it much more difficult to judge who's a bad liar and who isn't. So forgive me if I stay out of the opening discussion, since at this point I can't honestly judge any of it.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Ultra Carp

Rarity posted:

Guys, can we all take a moment to appreciate how poo poo this post is?

Now this is how I know to play Mafia: in an exceedingly petty fashion. :colbert: ##vote rarity

I'm Cheedo the Fragile, by the way. Wives unite!

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Ultra Carp

Kashuno posted:

I haven't seen the movie so flavor is completely lost on me :shrug:

One of the best action movies ever made, and you haven't seen it? Come on, man. I've seen it like five times and statistically, according to Lumpen, I'm the worst player in here.

##unvote

##vote Kashuno

(Voting quickly since class is starting right now and I do agree that someone needs to be lynched on day one)

Acebuckeye13 fucked around with this message at 19:28 on Sep 15, 2015

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Ultra Carp

Acebuckeye13 posted:

One of the best action movies ever made, and you haven't seen it? Come on, man. I've seen it like five times and statistically, according to Lumpen, I'm the worst player in here.

##unvote

##vote Kashuno

(Voting quickly since class is starting right now and I do agree that someone needs to be lynched on day one)

Oh motherfucker, I forgot no edits, gently caress, gently caress. I'm really sorry guy, class is starting and I'm panic-posting.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Ultra Carp

##vote kash

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Ultra Carp

Lumpen posted:

##vote Chamale
No more newbie shield.

Votes on Kashuno that I hated: f_v's driveby vote after zero participation for a very long time, Acebuckeye's "total panic" edit-vote that he was still around to fix, Chamale's been over-the-top Newbie Scummy in every single post. Opop is still Scummy and Rarity probably did the most to keep the lynch from turning to him.

Corazon, you seem to think bandwagons are good and cool. They aren't.

Sorry about that :( I forgot to check the thread after I got up until class was just about to start, and by then it was too late to do anything but try and make sure the vote went through.

apostateCourier posted:

I could not have asked for a better entrance opportunity

##vote HiipFire

He is NOT TOWN. I am a 1-shot Cop, The Ace.

*drops mic*

Uh, quick clarification, is The Ace the same as The Seer in games of Werewolf? I'm still a bit lost on the specific terminology.

In any case, I'll buy it. ##vote hiip

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Ultra Carp

apostateCourier posted:

"The Ace" is flavor.

Gotcha. Is there a link to the SA Mafia wiki so I can try looking some stuff up? I found it once but I can't seem to find it again and there's no link in the OP.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Ultra Carp

If she's claiming to be Ace, going by the movie wouldn't Ace be Scum aligned? I'm not so sure about this vote now :tinfoil:

Though to be fair if it turns out Hiip isn't Scum then we can always lynch her tomorrow.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Ultra Carp

Thanks!

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Ultra Carp

fiery_valkyrie posted:

We can lynch him today.

Tomorrow or the day after would be better, since if apostateCourier is right, we're getting rid of a Scumbag, if they're not, apostateCourier is almost certainly scum, so we're basically guaranteed that we're going to get a Scum-aligned player either today or tomorrow. I'm not saying Opop ISN'T Scum, mind you, but I'd rather go for the sure thing right away than taking a chance. We can even make a calender! :v

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Ultra Carp

Lumpen posted:

Settle down, there's possible excuses and pitfalls to that logic. Busdriver, Framer, Nexus, Paranoid Cop, Insane Cop... Miller at least we have covered.

In all likelihood this is a straight-up good catch with a good claim backing it.

Apostate, you never mentioned HiipFire D1, why investigate him?

Ah, Bus Driver I knew, but the other roles are new to me.

Back to the Wiki!

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Ultra Carp

Now that's what I call Shiny and Chrome

##unvote

##vote Opop

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Ultra Carp

Colonel Corazon posted:

Opop and imgay are scum. :bandwagon:

I'm goin' with the War Rig on this one, especially after imgay's last post.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Ultra Carp

Either way, it makes sense to hold off on imgay this round, since we basically have one of two possible results if we wait:

-He gets murdered by Scum since he's outed himself as a Cop, which vindicates his story (albeit posthumously).

-He doesn't get murdered, which means that it's pretty likely that he's scum and is lying.

I'm not sure who to vote for at the moment, but it does make sense to vote for someone other tham imgay at the moment (Though I do still kinda suspect him after some of his posts re: Lumpen, especially after it was already confirmed that Lumpen was a Mason). And hey, we can always lynch him tomorrow! (If he doesn't get murdered)

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Ultra Carp

Captain Foo posted:

so who do you want to lynch today

I'm not sure! I'm gonna try to re-read this thread tonight and try to get some ideas going. I've got some ideas, but I don't want to make a knee-jerk claim when there's still plenty of time to discuss the vote. May not be able to go over it as much as I'd like tonight though, got a poo poo-ton to read for my classes tomorrow.

imgay posted:

I should be protected at night, the fact that no one counterclaimed max should be enough

This is also a good point. Is there anyone willing to counterclaim Max?

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Ultra Carp

Lumpen was leading a lot of the discussion, so it makes sense that he'd be targeted.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Ultra Carp

Actually, looking back at it I'm thinking Rarity is a pretty strong Scum candidate.

-Everyone she's fingered so far has been Confirmed Town

-Tried to get people to back off voting Opop on D1 (Who was confirmed Scum)

-Hasn't posted since Kash got murdered

Obviously none of this is a guarantee, but were the vote held right now I think Rarity would be the strongest choice, given all other factors.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Ultra Carp

Captain Foo posted:

that's what your vote is actually for

I'll vote in my own drat time!

Which is now.

##vote Rarity

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Ultra Carp

Actually, here's what I think: imgay is Scum, and is only claiming to be Max to try and get the actual Max to counterclaim. If Max does reveal himself, that basically paints a huge target on their back to get killed by Scum, and the Town loses a powerful asset. If he doesn't, that allows imgay to try and lead Town astray-and notice that their first action was to try and protect Rarity, who as I've said is very likely Scum.

I'm still voting Rarity this round, but imgay is a very solid second.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Ultra Carp

Rarity posted:

I don't believe Ace has responded to my questions and this makes me sad

Or, you know, you posted them at three in the morning and after getting up and going to class this is the first chance I've had to respond. I don't play Werewolf very often (Last time was back in May) and no, I don't know what a Chain Lynch is, or how it fits into you trying to paint me as Scum.

That being said, seems to me like you're trying awful hard to throw suspicion off yourself and imgay by implicating myself and Chamale (Not that I'm saying Chamale isn't scum, mind you-you could be trying to throw him under the bus and deflect suspicion to save your own skin). Not to mention claiming you've got some powerful role that you don't want to reveal. Panicking and posting constantly trying to dredge up "suspicious" posts without reading half of them doesn't exactly scream "Town" either, but that's just me.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Ultra Carp

Rarity posted:

I haven't seen this movie dude, I don't know the flavour.

And this is just sad. It's the best action movie to come out in years, go see it!

Anyway, I'd support a vote on Rarity, imgay, or Chamale as of now. Rarity first, since I'm pretty convinced she's scum, but all of them are pretty suspicious IMO.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Ultra Carp

Rarity posted:

Ok, time to summarise. In honour of our fallen buddy I'm presenting my thoughts in the form of a list (sorry about the whole thinking you were scum thing!)

Scandalously Scum

- Chamale [doublevoter] (is incredibly concerned about proving himself to be town, not buying imgay choosing me to investigate looks sus)
- Acebuckeye13 (incredibly lurky, only has opinions that have been proven as popular, setting up chain lynches)

Salaciously Suspicious

- LowellMD (incredibly lurky, not giving reads, lovely 'me too' votes)

Needlessly Neutral

- apostateCourier [1-day cop] (1-day cop could be scum rolecop, has contributed little else)
- fiery_valkyrie [vig] (I don't like her reaction in these last few posts at all)

Tremulously Trustworthy

- Someone Awful! (thoughts seem consistent, hasn't done anything that stands out as scummy)
- Captain Foo (I think claims aside we all find Foo the towniest in the game and if he's scum then we're screwed)

Tremendously Townie

- Captain Corazon [bus driver] (like I said, I don't see a newbie scum claiming bus driver)[/i]
- imgay (cop) (I see no reason to doubt this claim)
- Rarity (:sun:)

Well, this doesn't scream "imgay and I are scum and I'm trying to cover for both of us" at all.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Ultra Carp

I also find it funny that the first thing imgay did after declaring he was a cop was claiming that he'd copped Rarity and she was cool, and the only reason given was that she "Seemed like a worthy target". Is that proof they're working together? You be the judge! And jury, and executioner.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Ultra Carp

Rarity posted:

I said claims aside, I'm judging you purely based on tone and reads. Corazon and imgay's claims are enough to put them ahead of you, before those came out I'd have put them lower.

If you're town you're literally the worst player I've ever seen on SA.

Rarity posted:

Trust yourself. When it turns out you're wrong, double down and trust yourself EVEN HARDER.

I think I know who to trust. :colbert:

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Ultra Carp

fiery_valkyrie posted:

I don't see that as a slam dunk. Scum often joke with each other in joke phase because they feel more comfortable than making jokes about town that can be taken the wrong way.

You misunderstood the post-Rarity made the vote before roles were assigned, so she wouldn't have known that both Opop and herself would be Scum.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Ultra Carp

SirSamVimes posted:

Note: If a double vote is not registering, that means I am just not around to manually add it and you should just assume that the recipient has one more vote than votefinder says.

Cool, I was gonna ask about that. So can we assume that Chamale has a double vote, then?

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Ultra Carp

That's true, but at the same time it's not as though he's alone in suspecting Rarity and imgay-I'm pretty convinced of it myself. There's still a chance he's scum, but I'd feel much safer going for Rarity at this point since her flipping would help to implicate imgay as well.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Ultra Carp

I think this is definitely the point where everyone (Including myself!) needs to start posting more just so we can get a sense of where everyone stands.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Ultra Carp

I hadn't thought too much about AC myself, but I do agree with CF that there's potential for her to be Scum. You've lost me on SA though FV, definitely gonna need a more detailed explanation.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Ultra Carp

Someone Awful! posted:

What exactly is the case on Rarity, I'm trying to read their post history through the lens of them being scum but it just isn't clicking for me and I'm not sure why. Like I don't think Rarity is particularly townie either, in complete honesty, so don't read this as a defense, I just seriously can't glean poo poo from Rarity's history and I'm getting frustrated with myself about it

Here's what my thoughts were-

-Everyone she's fingered so far has been Confirmed Town except for Chamale (Counting myself, obviously)

-Tried to get people to back off voting Opop on D1 (Who was confirmed Scum)

-Has defended imgay and in her trustworthiness chart placed him as "Confirmed Town", despite there being no evidence backing up imgay's claims of being a town-aligned cop.

-As soon as suspicion turned on her on D3 she claimed that she had a powerful role she didn't want to reveal, which sounds a hell of a lot like a bluff from my position.

As of now, I'm somewhat sure that imgay and Rarity are Scum, and are trying to cover for each other. imgay claiming to be a cop and saying he targeted Rarity makes sense in that context-he's trying to clear her of suspicions while trying to mislead town. Is it guaranteed? No, obviously. Does it clear other players of being scum? No. But that's the read I have on the situation, and so far I'm pretty sure of it.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Ultra Carp

Captain Foo posted:

anyway my move right now is ##vote aC

i will not vote imgay while rarity is still alive

Why? Remember, imgay didn't actually clear Rarity-he targeted her, but CC bussed the two so he targeted himself (If he is a cop).

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Ultra Carp

imgay posted:

my opinion is that u dum

Well that's a provocative counter-argument.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Ultra Carp

Captain Foo posted:

ugh it's mostly flavor over content but i don't see imgay as a good lynch right now; i think a lot of imgay's weirdness can be explained by "imgay lol"

Does imgay usually play like this?

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Ultra Carp

It is possible that the real Max is holding back to avoid revealing himself-or there may be no Max at all. Either way, I will agree that there's not enough solid evidence yet for an imgay lynch.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Ultra Carp

Though I will also say I'd be incredibly surprised if there's no Max in a Mad Max game

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Ultra Carp

Saying what flavor I was at that point in time was, to put it bluntly, a fuckup. Having played in games with roles, not flavors, at the time I thought flavor would take a far more... let's call it open role than it really does-especially since I found this game through the movie thread (I'm a big fan of the movie, if you can't tell :v:). Were the game to start over again, or were I to play in another game of Mafia over the forums, I'd definitely avoid claiming until it actually became relevant.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Ultra Carp

apostateCourier posted:

Nothing like that, not like nearly every other game I've been in where tragedy strikes :v: Just really draining days. Lots of driving. A stupid amount of driving.

Having just moved to DC for grad school and having to fight through 495 traffic, I can sympathize with this.

• Locked thread