Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Colonel Corazon
Feb 12, 2011

A faction armed to the teeth hardly seems friendly to me.

Never played Mafia here before but I am ready to be Tina Turner.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colonel Corazon
Feb 12, 2011

Honk honk.

Colonel Corazon
Feb 12, 2011

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Acebuckeye, Chamale, Colonel Corazon, LowellDND and Someone Awful,

what is your previous mafia experience? If you have played mafia before was it online or in real life?

I've played plenty in real life. Never played a match with so many additional roles. I've usually had good luck voting for whoever talks too much right out of the gate so I've thinking of voting lumpen but I'll hang in here a bit longer before I decide anything.

Colonel Corazon
Feb 12, 2011

I should also say that I'm out of town taking care of family right now so once I get home I'll be able to chime in more.

Colonel Corazon
Feb 12, 2011

TMMadman posted:

Are you saying I'm scum?

I am.

##vote tmm

Colonel Corazon
Feb 12, 2011

Honk honk!
:bandwagon:

Colonel Corazon
Feb 12, 2011

I'm taking care of family this week so I'm stuck on the slowest wifi. When I get home I'll be sure to psychoanalize the poo poo out of everyone.

TMM got my vote for seeming over reactive with imgay. It takes ages to load every page so I'm too impatient to search for a better vote. :mediocre:

Colonel Corazon
Feb 12, 2011

Lumpen posted:

2nd time asking, WHEN are you going to deliver on this?

Classic Scum behavior.

Probably Weds evening. We're getting home care set up so I'm not going to be needed afterwards. If I was going to be staying any longer I'd tap out and let a sub take my place but I've got things worked out pretty well now.

It sounds scummy but it's what I've got going on.

Colonel Corazon
Feb 12, 2011

Lumpen posted:

Expect to be held to this promise.

Girl scout's honor. :allears:

Colonel Corazon
Feb 12, 2011

Lumpen posted:

Flavor is totally irrelevant to alignment and nobody would make any argument based on it, and such an argument would never be taken seriously by anybody. Scum are probably given totally safe flavor fakeclaims anyway.

So why make so many excuses and be so shady about it? Why make a "joke" softclaim about your role, then walk it back and softclaim again, then blurt out a VT claim under pressure, then get all secretive about saying more, and then make more excuses about your shadiness? You're going to get yourself lynched.

Mine is relevant to my role though so I imagine I'm not the only one.

Colonel Corazon
Feb 12, 2011

I'm neutral on opop, not really seeing anything either way. TMM's posts since my vote have seemed more though out and useful so my earlier impression is kinda moot. Kash is the only other one to stick out suspiciously but I haven't been able to do much rereading to strengthen any opinions. Foo and Awful are the only players I wouldn't be convinced to vote for right now.

Colonel Corazon
Feb 12, 2011

##unvote

##vote kash

You're the only one who I've consistently suspected, it was you and lumpen on Sunday and you and TMM yesterday.

Get shredded!

:bandwagon:

Colonel Corazon
Feb 12, 2011

Lumpen posted:

##vote Chamale
Corazon, you seem to think bandwagons are good and cool. They aren't.

Honk honk.

I switched votes so we'd be able to lynch someone who I at least agreed was supicious and when I posted those last two votes hadn't shown up yet. Grandparents slowass internet. I'll try my shot at a List tomorrow.

Anyways I have some time now if you can bear with slow reponses. Were TMM and ernie both killed by scum? I don't know if one being shot and one being impaled implies a difference. Knowing would help me confirm something.

Colonel Corazon
Feb 12, 2011

Lumpen posted:

Are you claiming you literally RNG'd to target your Once-per-game Investigation?

:perfect:

Colonel Corazon
Feb 12, 2011

Colonel Corazon posted:

Anyways I have some time now if you can bear with slow reponses. Were TMM and ernie both killed by scum? I don't know if one being shot and one being impaled implies a difference. Knowing would help me confirm something.

Anyone able to answer?

Colonel Corazon
Feb 12, 2011

SirSamVimes posted:

Mid-day 2: Hiipfire, The Buzzard (serial killer-aligned Serial Killer) was shot.

Witness!!!!

Colonel Corazon
Feb 12, 2011

fiery_valkyrie posted:

It is almost definite that one of those kills came from the scum team and the other came from serial killer Hiipfire.

I know that but is there a way to know who impales/shoots the poo poo out of people?

Colonel Corazon
Feb 12, 2011

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Not at the moment. Tomorrow when there is only the scum kill we will be able to match the flavour and see which was the SK and which the scum team.

I'm guessing Buzzard/Hiipfire = impalement since those were the spiky car dudes. I feel I can back that up since my flavor is in line with my role. If that doesn't sound dumb to the veterans I'd be able to make a few good guesses beyond this.

Colonel Corazon
Feb 12, 2011

Lumpen posted:

Don't be shy, post every thought. Every post is evidence to judge you by, and the way you can contribute to the game.

Does it seem agreeable the hiipfire was responsible for the impaling?

Also, Lumpen, who would you consider your greatest threat? Someone who would have wanted you dead last night?

Colonel Corazon
Feb 12, 2011

Lumpen posted:

I don't think anyone wanted me dead last night, two nightkills were accomplished and not on me.

Assuming the SK targeted Ernie, the Scum wanted him still alive too. I don't think the Scum would target me because I was on the wrong track and I looked like a viabke mislynch for future days.

I woukd not be a likely target for a Track because I'm a Mason. I would have been a fairly likely target for a Town Cop investigation. Any names to name would be a bad thing for Town.

I can clarify some poo poo from the night but I'd have to reveal my role. Good/bad idea to reveal my pro-Town role? Not sure it'd be better either way.

Colonel Corazon
Feb 12, 2011

Lumpen posted:

Unless someone is about to get mislynched or unless you can nail a Scum, the less said the better. Probably wasnt a good idea to even softclaim a Power Role unless there's immediate benefit :( Makes you a big target at night. I totally understand that it's exciting to know something and hard to keep it in your pants.

Oh I don't care. First time playing so I don't give a gently caress if I goof.

I'm the War Rig and bus driver which seems only kind of useful but I switched Lumpen and TMM so if I get this right your rear end was on the firing line and TMM's death was deliberate.

##vote Opop

HONK HONK!

Colonel Corazon
Feb 12, 2011

Woops TMM's death was NOT deliberate is what I meant to say.

Colonel Corazon
Feb 12, 2011

Opop and imgay are scum. :bandwagon:

Colonel Corazon
Feb 12, 2011

Lumpen posted:

Ha! I am glad you claimed! That certainly takes imgay off the hook a bit. I'll have to think this over...

Also Town Busdriver is wild role. You could redirect a Scum kill back onto a Scum if you do it right. You may or may not be able to busdrive yourself. Find out from the Mod and then keep it secret.

Not worried. Anyone defended opop or attacking you is going to Valhalla.

Townies going to the Green Place :boom:

Colonel Corazon
Feb 12, 2011

Any swaps I should do overnight? Bus driver seems like it can gently caress the game up for everyone and I'd rather do no harm (rip TMM).

Colonel Corazon
Feb 12, 2011

Lumpen posted:

Best not to telegraph any particular possibilities.

Yep, don't plan on it. Just would like to hear some ideas before night. I've already got a few good ideas.

Colonel Corazon
Feb 12, 2011

##vote imgay

Colonel Corazon
Feb 12, 2011

Imgay then chamale for scum.

Colonel Corazon
Feb 12, 2011

imgay posted:

I copped rarity last night, they are town or Joe, unless my target got bussed. I copped ernie n1

Rarity got bussed alright. I swapped you and Rarity.

You investigate yourself, scum?

Get shredded, imgay.

Colonel Corazon
Feb 12, 2011

I swapped Rarity and imgay.

Honk honk.

Colonel Corazon
Feb 12, 2011

##unvote

Talking is good. I only vaguely understand my role anyways.

I've got my eye on you, imgay. :catstare:

Colonel Corazon
Feb 12, 2011

So double voting is a possible scum action?

Colonel Corazon
Feb 12, 2011

Lumpen was suspecting chamale, which would give chamale a reason to kill him.

Chamale posted:

These are posts that make me also suspect imgay, I thought TMM had a good point and he got killed by Scum that very night. Also imgay must die for misquoting the movie

TMM wasn't killed by scum.

Colonel Corazon
Feb 12, 2011

imgay posted:

I should be protected at night, the fact that no one counterclaimed max should be enough

We can wait and see. :colbert:

Colonel Corazon
Feb 12, 2011

Captain Foo posted:

who they got on N2.

so who was lumpen putting the heat on?

Chamale.

Colonel Corazon
Feb 12, 2011

Lumpen posted:

Yeah if I was the intended nightkill then Opopanax is gonna flip Scum.
I still feel that Chamale is pretty obviously Scum too.

The Scum kill toward the top of the postcount suggests that the bottom of the postcount hides Scum.

I was pretty confident in Lumpen's thought processes, though I still suspect imgay more than chamale. I'd prefer to take them out in sequence.

I was thinking imgay and rarity were both scum before Lumpen got iced. The only person I can immediately think of with a half-decent reason to kill Lumpen is Cham.

Colonel Corazon
Feb 12, 2011

imgay posted:

Hey y'all how it be. I'm that wierd midget dude looking through the scope

imgay posted:

A cop seems likely with the miller flip, ##vote hiip

imgay posted:

I think 1-shot cop pretty weak claim unless they claiming joat, but its wierd since this is supposed to be a more vanillaish game. I've never defended opop, i just didn't read anything said by you guys voting him why he was so votey.

I think fv or lumpen scum and lowell or corazon scum. it just seems the way my gut is rolling.

Switched from TMM to Kash, both Town. I did the same thing though, so I really don't hold that point against you.

Hiip was SK so he wasn't someone you'd want sticking around anyways.

You weren't hot on voting for Scum Opop and didn't end up voting at all.

I don't buy your cop story. You generally seem to prefer joking and deflecting instead of analyzing.

Colonel Corazon
Feb 12, 2011

I recall Rarity and Chamale avoiding votes too. Gonna do a re-read and see.

I'd like to see the three making arguments for/against each other. :unsmigghh:

Colonel Corazon
Feb 12, 2011

Yes, yessss, run down the clock Rarity and Cham.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colonel Corazon
Feb 12, 2011

Chamale posted:

(going to stop my posting gimmick, I've basically run out of Angharad quotes that work in any context)

I think it's funny that you made this post and now I'm back after two posts. Am I not allowed to leave the house for three hours?

Nah. I wasn't able to post much earlier this week myself so I meant that as a joke.

What do you think about imgay and Rarity?

• Locked thread