Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

I'll play.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

I too have a role PM.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Lumpen posted:

• excusing oneself from deadline "I won't be here for deadline so I might as well ##vote: XXX"
  • mysteriously not being around for deadline without explanation

Schroedinger's mafia.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Acebuckeye13 posted:

I don't know who to trust :ohdear:

That is the correct way to play.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Lumpen posted:

Awesome, you've done your part anyway.

imgay, let's Content Game!
imgay, if you could give out three dayvigs right now in this game, who would you trust to give them to? You can say why or not, it's up to you. Please play, it is very good to play and keep the game going.

Not that you asked, but i would give one to Rarity.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Lumpen posted:

That's very interesting, thank you for the Content.
Do you expect Rarity would then shoot Opop, since she's voting him? Why are you not voting Opop yourself right now?

Still want to hear from imgay, foo also invited to answer.

No, Rarity would save it for a real vote. I'm not voting Opop because I don't think he is scum. I would give Rarity a vig because she is my friend, not because of who she is voting.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Maybe I'm just lonely Ernie, did you ever think of that?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Lumpen posted:

Townies have the most need and cause, and benefit most by talking as much and as openly as possible. I encourage everyone to interject and talk. Every utterance is evidence. Scum have an incentive to keep mum and say as little as possible. I don't share my Unconfirmed Masonbuddy's reaction at all.

Why did you feel the need to add in that last sentence?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Lumpen posted:

It's a good conclusion sentence for the paragraph. I disagree with Ernie's vote. He could be Scum, we are not Confirmed. What was your impression?

That it was unnecessary and I'm suspicious of your motives in feeling that you had to mention it.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Ernie. posted:

i thought mine was pretty good :shobon:

Which bit was the joke?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Opopanax posted:

Hey fv, why don't you think I'm scum? I haven't really had time to anything and the fact that you say that when asked to give a read on me is weird

Because there's nothing to go on. You've contributed nothing so I have nothing to make an alignment read on. I also don't think you're town but I wasn't asked that. I was asked why I'm not voting you.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Lumpen posted:

One of them goes to lick their ice cream cone but knocks the scoops off it, splattering to the ground, and then they slip and sit in their mess and cry, clutching an empty cone, with a cold sticky butt. Who?

The answer to this is obviously Keane.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Rarity posted:

It's not about pushing for lynches or anything like that. My read on you is based on your assertive tone and extensive flaunting of your mafia experience. This is a newbie heavy game and I think you're trying to get the newbies to fall in line with your way of thinking so you can take the role of town leader. Yes, content game is good and useful but it's early days so relying on it now to drive content looks like a crutch because you want to push the game in the direction you want instead of letting it develop naturally. I also don't like you praising my mafia ability, I never trust flattery.

As for Kash, there's no need to get on his back over that vote cause I doubt it's a serious one. Mine however, is.

##vote Lumpen

Good day!

Really? This is some serious low hanging fruit.

Also, when would you use content game, except very early on? It's a major distraction from actual content any time after D1.

##vote Rarity

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Kashuno posted:

Lumpen has been pretty nervous for a guy who got a bunch of votes during joke phase. That's all I got for now

I know you dont want to do a multi-quote case or anything, but could you point out even one post from Lumpen that you think shows that he is nervous?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Rarity posted:

Content game is best used in anaemic games where you're on D2 or D3 and still nobody's really doing anything and/or loads of people are lurking. That's the point where content game is a really good tool to get people posting or to focus people's reads.

Disagree.

What do you think of my comment that you're going for the low hanging fruit? Do you agree? Disagree?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Acebuckeye, Chamale, Colonel Corazon, LowellDND and Someone Awful,

what is your previous mafia experience? If you have played mafia before was it online or in real life?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Lumpen posted:

It's good to see you posting your thoughts!

Really assertive I am. But it would be a bad strategy for a Scum. Scum do best by finding a way to go with the flow and capitalize on Townie-initiated mistakes.

WIFOM

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Lumpen posted:

Yes, to a degree. But still, the most active players in any game tend to flip Town, that is just true, unless someone shitposts their way to the top of the postcount.

It isn't impossible to be a Scum who leads everyone around by the nose, but there are factors inherent in the game that make it really hard to do successfully and very risky to try.

That isn't saying I couldn't pull it off myself or would never try, but in this game I am effortful Town (and claimed and vouched Unconfirmed Mason) and would be a terrible choice for a D1 mislynch unless one prefers a lurkier low-energy game going forward.

I'm not pushing people to lynch you, but when you're talking to new players and saying "I'm doing X, scum wouldn't do X" thats a load of bullshit. Especially for experienced players. Scum would do X, Y or Z.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Someone Awful! posted:

The only Rarity post that makes me question their alignment is this one:

which I was reading as half-jokey anyway. :shrug: I mean, the only reason I'm not voting Lumpen is because I don't want to put him at -3 to lynch when we still have like 2 days left

So you think he is scum? Why?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Rarity posted:

Disagree.

Your turn. Reread Lumpen's posts, do you think he was trying to set himself up as town leader? If so, why and if not, why not?

Ok, sorry for my abrupt reply, but I didn't think talking about the content game any further was helpful. I do still want to talk further about your vote on Lumpen. He was pretty much the only vocal player in the thread, he has an abrasive play style and he already had a couple of joke votes sitting on him. Please elaborate on how he wasn't a low hanging fruit vote.

I think Lumpen probably was trying to set himself up as a town leader, and I think the why is because Lumpen likes to be in control and I see that as an aspect of his personality that is not alignment dependent. Can you explain why you think only a scum player would try to put themselves in that position? Do you really think Lumpen couldn't behave this way as town?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Rarity posted:

This is total bullshit. There are a bunch of players on SA who play exactly that way as scum. merk, Byers, diqnol, in this game there's you, me, FV and Ernie who are all capable of that and have done so in the past. I still think you're trying to drive your own narrative here.

I totally disagree with you here. The winning strategy on SA recently would be to just lynch from the bottom of the post count up. Town would win consistently. You even overestimate me, go back and look at my post count in Port Lourde. I am absolutely not a high volume poster there -- I got called out by the mod for lurking.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Ugh, sorry I should have multi-quoted for my replies.

Rarity posted:

FV, do you really think that knowing me as a poster Lumpen would seriously believe or question that I would lurk in a game?

No, but maybe he was just prodding you? Do you think Lumpen is a player that wouldn't do that?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

For the new players, we have a tradition here on these forums that we dont lynch new players on Day 1 of their first game, so dont be afraid to post!

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

TMM, having just played a game with you as scum, you talked about how you are a high volume poster as town. Should I be reading anything into your low post count so far?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Lumpen posted:

That's adorable. :shobon:

Keep the postin' cranked up to 11 as you continue bustin' this case wide open!!!!!!!!! :allears:

Lumpen, this is rude. You asked the new players to post. Don't be condescending when they do.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Who gave the Europeans all the power??????

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

imgay posted:

Sick 90 posts, im gonna assume most of it is about voting lumpen though, which is pretty null cause every game I've played with lumpen the people want him dead

Who should we lynch?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Have you read the thread yet imgay?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

##vote kash

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Lumpen posted:

##vote Chamale
No more newbie shield.

Votes on Kashuno that I hated: f_v's driveby vote after zero participation for a very long time, Acebuckeye's "total panic" edit-vote that he was still around to fix, Chamale's been over-the-top Newbie Scummy in every single post. Opop is still Scummy and Rarity probably did the most to keep the lynch from turning to him.

Corazon, you seem to think bandwagons are good and cool. They aren't.

Deadline was at 6am my time. I wasn't participating beforehand because I was asleep. What are you thoughts about Ernie being targeted and his flip?

Opopanax posted:

I buy it, I thought he was acting weird yesterday ##vote hiip

Can you elaborate on how you thought he was acting weird?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Lumpen, talk to me.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

What do you think of Opop? His vote on Hiip today feels particularly fake. He thought Hiip was "weird" yesterday but never mentioned him once.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Lumpen posted:

Yeah I still think Opop is Scum, wish you'd helped lynch him instead of Kashuno.

We can lynch him today.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Lumpen posted:

Why are you not voting HiipFire?

Glad you asked.

##kill Hiipfire

Thats why.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

That was a one-shot vig.

Nice work AC.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

##vote Opop

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Colonel Corazon posted:

Anyone able to answer?

It is almost definite that one of those kills came from the scum team and the other came from serial killer Hiipfire.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Colonel Corazon posted:

I know that but is there a way to know who impales/shoots the poo poo out of people?

Not at the moment. Tomorrow when there is only the scum kill we will be able to match the flavour and see which was the SK and which the scum team.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Opopanax posted:

And why am I scum, again?

Your play around Lumpen yesterday was totally insincere. You voted him literally in your confirmation post and then later, when someone (Ernie?) called you out for your lack of opinions you acted like you'd made a serious call on Lumpen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Opopanax posted:

I did not say, I just don't like playing games with Lumpen. I don't give a poo poo what his alignment is

Uh huh

Opopanax posted:

Agreed. Lumpen and Kash for scum

• Locked thread