Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

I still don't know who Ellie Goulding is, and Wikipedia describing her music as being in the "folktronica" genre causes further confusion

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

NTRabbit posted:

I still don't know who Ellie Goulding is, and Wikipedia describing her music as being in the "folktronica" genre causes further confusion

She was dating the ginger from last year

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

No all night footy grandfinals on tv to watch :smith:

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.
I've still got the last two on the PVR so I'm good.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
Currently cursing the fact that our antenna doesn't get SBS/NiTV because I can't watch Marngrook

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Testekill posted:

She was dating the ginger from last year

I liked the Ginger from last year. I'll trust his judgment then... unless she's the one he wrote the cat song about

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

NTRabbit posted:

I liked the Ginger from last year. I'll trust his judgment then... unless she's the one he wrote the cat song about

As far as I can tell, she is 100% not a cat

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.
We having a GDT anyway?

Windmill Hut
Jul 21, 2008

ewe2 posted:

My TV guide (Melbourne) has 'AFL Grand Final Marathon' from 10.30pm?

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
In 2015 it's extremely easy to listen to any artist's music in a matter of seconds if you're curious about them.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Solemn Sloth posted:

As far as I can tell, she is 100% not a cat

No it's the song where he gets dumped, and his cat is his best bro and plays Xbox with him, and they both go out on the pull and get wasted in a bar.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2fOum_KWQU

Kinda looks like it's supposed to be her :colbert:

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 11:02 on Oct 2, 2015

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Watching an Attenborough documentary on channel 9 and an ad just came on for a new show promising "six of Australia's most informed minds" and the clips were of mark Latham and Amanda vanstone, and Campbell brown :laffo:

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Windmill Hut posted:

My TV guide (Melbourne) has 'AFL Grand Final Marathon' from 10.30pm?

Not in Melbourne, and it's not on free to air.

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011

ewe2 posted:

I'm cooking up a YouTube playlist as we speak

Negligent
Aug 20, 2013

Its just lovely here this time of year.
http://www.theguardian.com/sport/blog/2015/oct/02/afl-grand-final-five-things-to-look-out-for

he has a point when you look at the number of west coast players who could easily go missing on the big day, compared to Hawthorn who have a wealth of experience and a run of fine form leading up to the granny

Also kind of worried about the back line being able to maintain structure on the MCG

Negligent fucked around with this message at 11:56 on Oct 2, 2015

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:

The Deadly Hume posted:

We having a GDT anyway?

i hope so. whos doing the writeup?

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011
Alrighty, enjoy the jankiest, low-res Grand Final Marathon ever!

There is some fun stuff in the 80's ones.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLSSMGjFmrE7m9tymiH8__wWO0KJLlGAQv

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Let me start off with a basket of chips. Then move on to the pollo asado taco.

Solemn Sloth posted:

Watching an Attenborough documentary on channel 9 and an ad just came on for a new show promising "six of Australia's most informed minds" and the clips were of mark Latham and Amanda vanstone, and Campbell brown :laffo:

Sounds a bit like 20to1 where we got to hear Dermott Brereton's thoughts on the challenger explosion. From memory he thought it wasn't a good thing.

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

Wow that's amazing, wonder what Stephen Bradbury thought about it too?

Brown Paper Bag
Nov 3, 2012

Solemn Sloth posted:

They are all probably more informed than your average aussie tbf

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011
Bradbury thought it was awful too, but remember that time at the Winter Olympics.......

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

Shmoses posted:

poo poo mate is everything ok?

No but we will be eventually, hopefully. Grief is poo poo and all that. I won't go into detail now, we are supposed to be poo poo posting about the grand final! We are going to our fourth gf in a row tomorrow at least. My toxx is looking alright considering how it looked after last time we played west coast. Go hawks :)

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

i reckon schoenmakers got to keep his spot due to the absolute towelling kennedy gave lake last time plus frawley's finals inexperience, so it gives them an extra option up their sleeves. the eagles definitely won't be upset by the selection

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1

owns

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."
I'm in the city. Its breathing footy, west coast fans mostly. They burst into song on little bourke.

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

We're doing a house party tomorrow with beer, chilli dogs and slow cooked chilli nachos. I'm pumped. gently caress the Hawks

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."
My local has free beer between the bounce and the first goal. gently caress the Hawks.

masterpine
Dec 3, 2014

Young and Jacksons was pumping. Many refreshments down. Time for sleep in southbank. Melbourne is a nice place.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

gently caress the Hawks.

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete

Solemn Sloth posted:

I feel you've buried the lede here - it's hosted by loving Karl Stefanovic

realbez posted:

No but we will be eventually, hopefully. Grief is poo poo and all that. I won't go into detail now, we are supposed to be poo poo posting about the grand final! We are going to our fourth gf in a row tomorrow at least. My toxx is looking alright considering how it looked after last time we played west coast. Go hawks :)
That sucks. My love to you and yours. You might be a dirty Hawks fan but you're our dirty Hawks fan :love:

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Shmoses posted:

I feel you've buried the lede here - it's hosted by loving Karl Stefanovic

That sucks. My love to you and yours. You might be a dirty Hawks fan but you're our dirty Hawks fan :love:

Karl Stefanovic is actually not terrible, especially in comparison to the other panel members.

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete

Solemn Sloth posted:

Karl Stefanovic is actually not terrible, especially in comparison to the other panel members.

Well yeah there are degrees of terribleness. The fact that Stefanovic is revered the way he is speaks volumes about our society imo

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads
I think a few Eagles supporters have gone a bit hard a bit early, my brother mentioned having to step over a few early in the evening last night on Flinders Ln.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Shmoses posted:

Well yeah there are degrees of terribleness. The fact that Stefanovic is revered the way he is speaks volumes about our society imo

This. There is an appreciable difference between an idiot and a cretin, but neither are going to win the Nobel Prize.

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
GDT will go up soon. I'm just hungover as gently caress right now.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Reading the herald sun because I'm at work and it's too early for actual news, the Freo fan that punched a woman in the throat had previously kicked and stomped a woman's face resulting in her being put in an induced coma due to internal head injuries.

put both hands in
Nov 28, 2007

:swoon:FYFE:swoon:
So I'm checking, as I just woke up, West Coast are actually playing in a grand final today? This isn't some kind of dream?

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Doctor Cave posted:

So I'm checking, as I just woke up, West Coast are actually playing in a grand final today? This isn't some kind of dream?

Actually west coast have all been found to be illegal drug mans, so the premiership has been awarded to Ross Lyon instead,

put both hands in
Nov 28, 2007

:swoon:FYFE:swoon:

Solemn Sloth posted:

Actually west coast have all been found to be illegal drug mans, so the premiership has been awarded to Ross Lyon instead,

That sounds about right :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MUSCULAR BEAVER
Dec 26, 2014

HENDO! HENDO!
I'm on drugs right now, shout outs to Kerr and Cousins

• Locked thread