Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads

Testekill posted:

I didn't realise this until earlier but this is Stringer's 50th game and Picken's 150th.

In similar news, its S. Hill's and Ibbotson's 150th tomorrow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Makes you wonder how important Priddis' 30+ touches are to WC, when they can do that to the Hawks without him.

Also WC paying $2.75, Freo $3.75, Hawks $4.00 and Swans $9.00 for the flag now
you must be over 18 and please gamble responsibly

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

It was a better game to watch than last nights, and I'm just glad we got over the line for a home prelim with no serious injuries.

And Ronnie, to say the least, you're an embarrassment.

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Thomas you peanut.

Was just watching the "I hate Christian Laettner" doco this morning, bit of boot action there too.

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

thepokey posted:

True, although again playing devils advocate he was shoved down near the neck for seemingly no reason (other than being Lindsay Thomas). I don't think it was as bad as actually kicking someone, one week.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was just a fine

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Windmill Hut posted:

Cotchin is having a horrendous captains game.

Just about to mention this, 8 touches

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Waite 8 goals in two finals vs Tigers

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

I was surprised Lennon didn't get given a chance today, he always seems to have an impact coming on late as a sub in the few games I've seen him play.

Boomer truly is the modern embodiment of KB, hungry as hell, but he knows how to play.

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

thepokey posted:

Chris Scott is cursing this successful "hermano" guy he keeps hearing about this year

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Just saw that terrible stat, Fitzroy has won more finals than Richmond since 1982.

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

If it is an all interstate GF, you'll be able to get a ticket if you look hard enough.

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

I've played in very bad junior teams, where one or two wins in a season was seen as good. I couldn't imagine as an adult wasting my Saturdays getting belted week in week out.

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

hiddenmovement posted:

Most people in my area spend their Saturdays driving to the shops.

Getting beaten by 200+ feels like a better option

Definitely the better option, at least you get to be outside kicking the footy.

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Wonderful, and he seems to have stronger calfs/achilles than Pav and McPharlin, get him in the 22.

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

gabensraum posted:

Hume: According to this list, draft order is according to finals positions, not minor premiership positions.
http://m.afl.com.au/news/2015-09-15/priority-pick-call-may-not-be-made-before-trade-period

It would seem odd the GF winner not getting the last spot in the draft.

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Bombers offered a 5 year deal to Worsfold apparently.

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

And the fact that WADA hasn't banned half the list for 6-12 months yet.

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Solemn Sloth posted:

Missing a month was contingent on an early plea wasn't it? I think we are passed that point now.

This is what I was thinking too, from my limited understanding they only give short sentences to admissions of guilt (and even then very rarely).

I hope I didn't start up the Essendon drug chat again :ohdear:

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Rohan Connolly is pretty good.

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

That's pretty much what those GF packages the AFL sells go for, around $2k a piece. But with that you get a bunch of "entertainment", some okay food and all the booze you can drink. I was given one of these tickets in 2013 and all I ended up with was a loss and a photo with Darren Pritchard and the 1991 cup.

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

The clubs are doing ugly Xmas jumpers, surely the Hawks should have picked Roughead as their model:
http://m.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-premiership/afl-2015-clubs-release-ugly-sweater-merchandise-in-club-colours/story-e6frf3e3-1227532104614

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Just be glad there isn't a cricket World Cup on this summer to screw around with the footy fixture.

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

pkid posted:

I don't think I'd want Carlisle at my club because he seems like a real deadshit. He looks like a knuckle dragger.

He seems to drop his bundle when its not going his way, the last thing you want in a footy side.

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

I'll be at the game tonight and will be happy with a triple overtime match, spotted with many multi-week suspension filled all-in brawls, with Sam Mitchell getting kneed in the dick.

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Just home from the game, Adelaide just couldn't handle the intensity early on and then just gave up during the third.

Hawks have to drop Schoenmakers, in a side dominating like that he just looked second rate, in my limited Hawks knowledge I reckon Sicily is worth a run, looks like a smart player.

On the flip side I thought Cameron had a howler for the Crows, obviously tough up forward but he would "hear footsteps" over and over again when he needed to put his body on the line for marks.

I just hope the good Freo turn up next week as the Hawks have their intensity back, and Hodge/Mitchell looked very good.

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

The red and royal blue is a fantastic non-clash combination, looks really good on TV. Just makes me think of the '96 GF.

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

It's been really nice listening to Grandstand all afternoon with the country/suburban footy round up, then moving into the AFL game without dealing with the channel 7 peanuts.

Lindsay Thomas is full of beans.

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Amazing mark from Petrie

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

John Longmire doesn't even look happy watching a premiership win while sitting in business class.

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Atley reminds me of Anthony Rock for some reason.

Also, the more I think about it the more the 17-5 season makes sense.

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Battle of the Banjo's with North prevailing.

The Deadly Hume posted:

He's absolutely going to blitz Tuck's record, which was unthinkable for a while in the '00s when it seemed very few players' careers would extend into the 30s because of the physicality required.

He plays like he's "only" played 200.

The Deadly Hume posted:

1. keeps more teams interested until the end of the season.
2. Still a four week finals series (I eliminated double chances in lieu of a bye for the top teams)

Do you think the 17-5 system would be an easier way to fix the dead game issue?

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

The Deadly Hume posted:

It miiiight. My main issue with it is more to do with the uncertain fixturing (especially if you have teams who have played 4-5 of their group opponents at home and would conceivably have to play those return fixture away in the run home). But there's definitely a few good aspects to it as well.

I think with having teams literally spread across a continent with genuine home ground/travel advantages you'll never get rid of uncertain fixturing unless you play each other twice every season, I think it's the best compromise. You may have to bring in rules that the teams that have to travel every second week get a home game last round, just incase you end up with say Freo having to travel 3+ times in the last five games for example.

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Goodes is pulling the pin.

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Goodes has said he's not going to do any official functions for the rest of the season, ie GF, Brownlow etc.

I think the rest will do McPharlin, Fyfe and Pav the world of good, the rest of the side, who knows.

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

I kinda want Crowley to play this week, can't be any worse than Suban who got a whole 4 touches against the Swans.

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

gay picnic defence posted:

Speaking of bad coaches, I heard Chris Connoly on the ABC as I drove back from Barwon and I now understand why he didn't do to well at Freo. The guys an inarticulate idiot, his analysis was crap and I don't think he made a single good point in the entire time he was on air.

He was good at selling Freo to a very WCE saturated Perth media, but wasn't good at too much else. Its no wonder the players responded so well to Lyon taking over after Connolly/Harvey, Connolly was a bumbling fool and Harvey would look at near tears when asked questions at press conferences.

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

bigis posted:

Wow, the Perth prelim ticket prices are double the elimination finals prices.

http://media.ticketmaster.com/en-au/img/static/pdf/AFLFinals2015_Week3.pdf

I remember the visitors tickets in to the MCC last year for a Prelim final were about that price, elimination final tickets on Friday night were $77.

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Caro thinks Dangerfield is a done deal:

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/adelaide-knew-before-finals-that-patrick-dangerfield-was-leaving-20150921-gjrefo.html

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Perth isn't exactly a centre of excitement, but the only big losses out of WA to return home have been Judd, Croad and Tarrant off the top of my head.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

I was just about to post this, the end made me chuckle.

• Locked thread