Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pkid
Jan 30, 2005

I was raised on the dairy, BITCH!

Solemn Sloth posted:

I wonder if it's about cap space with an eye on targeting free agents? Going to be another massive year of list turnover. Does anyone have the stats to hand of how many players Hardwick changed over his first few years? Roos is at 22 in 2 years, and looking like double figures again.

Hardwick took over at the end of 2009.
Only 8 players who were on the list when he took over. 2 (Foley & Newman) are retiring at the end of this season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pkid
Jan 30, 2005

Ordinary umpiring but the Hawks are stinking it up

pkid
Jan 30, 2005

Spud on Triple M just announced that in 2017 or 2018 there will be a representative game in the NAB cup.
Instead of state of origin it will be City vs Country.

The game is being run by the players, they're playing for free with all proceeds going into the past players fund. The broadcast rights will be sold off outside of the recently announced deal.

City vs Country! Good lateral thinking.

pkid
Jan 30, 2005

Goodes is being booed by the Freo anchors.

pkid
Jan 30, 2005

fisting by many posted:

Are there any fans who aren't poo poo? :(

I don't think I can find anything to complain about when it comes to Dogs supporters.

pkid
Jan 30, 2005

TG-Chrono posted:

BT commentating tonight. Get ready to crap your dacks.

I spent 15 minutes sussing out getting VLC to delay an audio stream and sync it up with the TV so I wouldn't have to listen to him.

pkid
Jan 30, 2005

:siren:IT'S AN OLD FASHIONED SHOOT OUT:siren:

pkid
Jan 30, 2005

Jarrod Grant is not a good footballer.

pkid
Jan 30, 2005

Dogs aren't working hard enough the other way, Adelaide are getting cheapies over the back.

pkid
Jan 30, 2005

That was insane.
If this pace keeps up the Hawks are going to smash which ever team they end up against by 50+ points.

pkid
Jan 30, 2005

How loving good is this game.

pkid
Jan 30, 2005

snaeksikn posted:

He's really on Jong

:bravo:

pkid
Jan 30, 2005

The Deadly Hume posted:

I think Richard Branson as usurped Wheels as the most random person to wear a Footscray jumper

Nah, wearing a footy jumper at the footy with the footy CEO is much different to a footy jumper showing up on a random Canadian TV teenage drama.

pkid
Jan 30, 2005

Dogs youth is hurting them a tad. They're getting the ball and just hoofing it despite having STACKS of time.

pkid
Jan 30, 2005

Doggies :(

pkid
Jan 30, 2005

This Dogs team is really something special.

pkid
Jan 30, 2005

2015 Average vs Today's Output
Cotchin - 24 vs 9
Ellis - 25 vs 10
Edwards - 18 vs 8

Cotchin was bloody horrible today but he had some mates. Also, why Richmond players find it impossible to help another player break a tag is beyond me.

I still have no idea why they chose to bring in Griffiths considering he hadn't played in near 2 months and clearly only had 1 good hand. He had 4 disposals and was subbed early in the 2nd half.

Until the deal with Treloar is signed with the Pies, throw loving everything at him. We need a hard midfielder desperately and he is the best on the market.

pkid
Jan 30, 2005

Periphery posted:

I think I've mentioned it in here before, but I've been told by a senior police officer that Richmond fans cause the most problems.

It's probably a weight of numbers thing though.
More supporters = more deadshits. Every club has deadshit supporters.

pkid
Jan 30, 2005

Shmoses posted:

Why did they pick Griffiths. Why.

Dimma was asked this in the presser (before he called a journo a loving moron) and he said the idea was to use Griff as a back up ruckman to allow Vickery to stay forward instead of having to pinch hit around the ground.
He pointed out that Griff had 2 easy shots and missed both.

pkid
Jan 30, 2005

Shmoses posted:

But Vickery's been in good form playing that role? Seemed silly to me. Conca too.

I was shocked with both the changes as well.
If they wanted another tall they would have been better off sending Hampson into the side instead of Griff.

pkid
Jan 30, 2005

Solemn Sloth posted:

Speaking of Richmond off field, I saw friend of the club Toby Keith bragged on his social media account about the assault charges he is now in court for.

Friend of Jake King, who nearly got the arse from the club for bringing him into the rooms.

snaeksikn posted:

i didnt like that dimma had a whinge about the non call after the game instead of just criticizing his players for not playing to the whistle

He answered a question, he didn't bring it up.

pkid
Jan 30, 2005

Lindsay Thomas should be excluded from Mark of the Year because he is a oval office.

pkid
Jan 30, 2005

drunkill posted:

Richmond members are not the only ones cutting up memberships this week :getin:

(from twitter)

What an idiot, we all know the microwave is the better option.

pkid
Jan 30, 2005

Did some googling and found this on BF about that game.

BigFooty posted:

Campbells Creek's record total was made up of scores of 20.4, 25.8, 29.10 and 26.12 in each term.

The Magpies brought up the 100-goal milestone when ruck-rover Butch Sartori slotted through his 18th with 20 seconds left in the match.

Sartori led the Magpies' goalkickers, while forward pocket Craig Ginnivan (17), half-forward flankers Kelly Stevens (14) and Craig Pietsch (13), and centre half-forward Alister McGibbon (13) also had days out

Insane.

pkid
Jan 30, 2005

Callan Ward is a nice bloke.

pkid
Jan 30, 2005

This is amazing although I wonder if Neil Craig was still in charge of the Crows if this would be their mascot.

pkid
Jan 30, 2005

:vince:

pkid
Jan 30, 2005

This also will impact the draw for next year.
The hardest draw goes to 1-6, 7-12 get it a bit easier and 13-18 the easiest of all.

Richmond, by virtue of losing on Sunday, should finish top 4 next year based on the draw alone. Although, Port Adelaide is going to have an easy draw too and could very well wind up minor premiers.
The Swans are hosed though.

pkid
Jan 30, 2005

Carlton should be given a priority pick on the proviso that they can't trade the pick, can't trade the player they use it on and have to keep that player on the list on a salary of no more than 30% less than the top paid player for 10 years.

Lets see your player development now.

pkid
Jan 30, 2005

I don't think I'd want Carlisle at my club because he seems like a real deadshit. He looks like a knuckle dragger.

pkid
Jan 30, 2005

Game over??

pkid
Jan 30, 2005

McCartney would be a good pick for any club needing a coach.

pkid
Jan 30, 2005

DAAS Kapitalist posted:

Coaching is as much about people management as anything. The Bulldogs had a complete people management disaster at the end of last season, and were lucky to turn that around into a decent season this year. The last thing Essendon need with a playing list with serious motivation issues is a coach who is going to get half of them offside with personality clashes.

Ya know people can learn from their mistakes right?

pkid
Jan 30, 2005

gay picnic defence posted:

drove back from Barwon

On weekend detention mate?

pkid
Jan 30, 2005

The thing is, isn't he LESS likely to be booed at the GF because the great unwashed are locked out in favour of the business elite?

pkid
Jan 30, 2005

thepokey posted:

Aren't they the people who all vote liberal and thus their views on race are all really progressive and, wait no, they'd boo the living poo poo out of him

While this is true, would you boo if you'd been invited to attend by a client or boss or whatever?
I'm not saying no one would boo, I'm saying it'd be a smaller section of people.

Also, what I'd like to see is Goodes rolled out with security standing at the top of every aisle and if someone boos, they get the boot from the GF.
What's that, you paid $3K for the ticket plus flights and accom? gently caress off out of here.

pkid
Jan 30, 2005

Solemn Sloth posted:

uses a finisher called the curb stomp
dresses like the white power ranger

problematic

He isn't allowed to use the curb stomp anymore.
Sad times.

pkid
Jan 30, 2005

Solemn Sloth posted:

Political correctness gone mad

NANNY STATE!

pkid
Jan 30, 2005

Wow you lot are bitter.
Jack played the best season of his career this year and I think the stat about score assists talks about what commentators are looking for in the modern game.

Being able to generate score not only for yourself but for your team is more important than kicking a bag of goals.

It's worth remembering that Jack missed the AA team when he won the Coleman for this exact reason, he was seen as being too selfish and didn't contribute to the team overall.

Really please Deledio made the side. Considering he missed the first 5 games with injury he put together a hell of a season and was justifiably rewarded.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pkid
Jan 30, 2005

Dangerfield wants to leave Adelaide and go to a Victorian team?!
Who the gently caress saw that coming?

• Locked thread