Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ZombieJesus
Feb 26, 2005

He died for your sins, he rose for your BRAINS
Ok I was feeling relaxed, confident, good.. This priddis news is making me nervous! Hopefully the eagles are just playing mind games with the hawks! :ohgod:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZombieJesus
Feb 26, 2005

Solemn Sloth posted:

I wonder if it's about cap space with an eye on targeting free agents? Going to be another massive year of list turnover. Does anyone have the stats to hand of how many players Hardwick changed over his first few years? Roos is at 22 in 2 years, and looking like double figures again.

Jesus, 30+ in 3 years?! That's 75% of the list.

Bit surprised about jamar, he's decent for a backup ruck, and if he's willing to play on why not just cut his contract? Lot of teams have been exposed by lack of backup rucks during injury this year

ZombieJesus
Feb 26, 2005

Solemn Sloth posted:

Tom Couch (del)
Aaron Davey (ret)
Troy Davis (del)
Tom Gillies (del)
Joel Macdonald (ret)
James Magner (del)
David Rodan (ret)
James Sellar (del)
Nathan Stark (del)
Colin Sylvia (FA)
Rory Taggert (del)
Josh Tynan (del)
Dom Barry (ret)
Sam Blease (del)
Shannon Byrnes (ret)
Mitch Clark (trd)
Mitch Clisby (del)
Michael Evans (del)
James Frawley (FA)
Alex Georgiou (del)
Daniel Nicholson (del)
James Strauss (del)
Luke Tapscott (del)

turns out it was 23 total. And Clark is the only one we managed a trade out of. Goes to show the depths of bad the list was on arrival.

Paul roos might not have been the saviour everyone wanted, but if nothing else at least he's given them the confidence to make some tough list management choices

ZombieJesus
Feb 26, 2005

has someone mentioned that there are multiple reports priddis won't play tonight due to a thigh strain?

we are fuckkeeeddddd

ZombieJesus
Feb 26, 2005

Pridda hasn't missed a game in loving FOREVER and he misses the biggest game we've had since 2006

ZombieJesus
Feb 26, 2005

Just get rid of that slap bass and the song is... Less bad

ZombieJesus
Feb 26, 2005

But still: gently caress YEAH WOOOOO

ZombieJesus
Feb 26, 2005

thepokey posted:

Yep!

But yeah I reckon they will come out and pump Crows/Dogs next week and I give them a much better chance against Freo in Perth over the chances I gave them before tonight against the Eagles. Hawks have programmed me to suspect that they will always win the flag.

Gunston their number 1 goalkicker this season, so even if hawks do get to the GF, they'll be underpowered. Not to mention tired - they'll have to travel three out of the four weeks to make the GF, not something they're used to in September.

ZombieJesus
Feb 26, 2005

Solemn Sloth posted:

As a neutral this is the most attractive possible matchup in the whole finals series tbh

Do I count as neutral if I follow the eagles? But agreed, these two teams match up really well, attractive footy. Come on doggies!

ZombieJesus
Feb 26, 2005

Draw?

ZombieJesus
Feb 26, 2005

Seriously surprised Xavier Ellis didn't even get a fine for that hit on Cyril, but stoked he won't miss any games

ZombieJesus
Feb 26, 2005

Oh and throwing my vote in for cow dude, that goal was so much better than the others.

The marks are all super even, I dunno who will get that one. Nicnat probably for the height factor, but the others are both really nice too. Let's say nicnat so we can get premiership, brownlow, Coleman and MOTY all in one season ;)

ZombieJesus
Feb 26, 2005

One of my uncles (eagles member) just paid 4 grand for two tickets to the GF.

ZombieJesus
Feb 26, 2005

I spent the whole day today intentionally avoiding this thread and avoiding any apps that might mention the result of the hawks-crows game, so I could come home and watch it tonight (evening games in Australia happen at around lunchtime for me)... only to realise it's thursday today, not friday. ugh

ZombieJesus
Feb 26, 2005

NTRabbit posted:

Thanks for the vote of confidence AFL website

also... freo and west coast aren't playing this weekend??

ZombieJesus
Feb 26, 2005

So apparently majak daw flew over to Perth, but wasn't even named as an emergency. Late Goldy withdrawal?

ZombieJesus
Feb 26, 2005

TG-Chrono posted:

"THE 24-YEAR-OLD Fremantle supporter who allegedly hit a woman during Friday night's preliminary final has been handed a life ban at Domain Stadium."

Good. Into the bin.

oh great, so a 2 year ban before he's back to punching women in the neck at burswood.

I'm looking forward to watching the new Brownlow format, cage-fighting winner takes all

ZombieJesus
Feb 26, 2005

I'm nervous as poo poo, and frustrated that the AFL doesn't include the pre-game stuff in the WatchAFL subscription

ZombieJesus
Feb 26, 2005

gently caress BT. "They've averaged 48 points to half time in EVERY GAME THIS YEAR the west coast eagles."

Gotta teach him what averages mean

ZombieJesus
Feb 26, 2005

Diet Crack posted:

These guys won't be umpiring the grand final

The other three last night weren't any better? Afl has no choice

ZombieJesus
Feb 26, 2005

Solemn Sloth posted:

Naitanui in the grand final is AFL Marketings wet dream

Couple years back when eagles were poo poo and he was all over the AFL ads anyway... They'd be salivating about this

ZombieJesus
Feb 26, 2005

The loving Aussie pub here in Stockholm won't be opening for the GF >:[

ZombieJesus
Feb 26, 2005

ZombieJesus fucked around with this message at 15:17 on Sep 26, 2015

ZombieJesus
Feb 26, 2005

has richo had some collagen injections? He's looking a bit mickey rourke in that screen cap

ZombieJesus
Feb 26, 2005

Testekill posted:

Williamstown coach with a bit of a slip of the tongue wishing Hawthorn luck in next years grand final

the fix is in already.

I can't believe the eagles are in a GF. Genuinely didn't see this coming, even 8 weeks ago when it was looking good, this is incredible. My lucky bastard brother (who lives in Melbourne) scored a ticket to the game, I'm so jealous. I'll be waking up at 6am to watch the game by myself on a computer monitor.

ZombieJesus
Feb 26, 2005

gabensraum posted:

Well I made some mistakes but was at least right about Hawthorn losing week one and making the GF.

You also hosed up that last result
I hope

ZombieJesus
Feb 26, 2005

NTRabbit posted:

I want our loving 2006 prelim back :colbert:

It was always dodgy as gently caress how Cousins came out after half time and outran the fittest long distance runner in the entire league, and looked like he'd barely broken a sweat.

Barely broke a sweat?! I remember seeing footage of him vomiting from exertion multiple times. Dude worked his arse off.

Not saying they weren't high. Might explain how chick always managed to play like he couldn't feel pain. Dude was an absolute masochist. Cut his drat finger off so he wouldn't have to wait for it to heal from an injury and miss games!

ZombieJesus
Feb 26, 2005

I know shitloads of eagles fans heading over, I wonder what the numbers in the crowd will be like

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZombieJesus
Feb 26, 2005

Periphery posted:

If you were offered a job at a place that paid $50/hr and then got interest from an employer to do the same job but they were only willing to offer $20/hr would you bother to have an interview with them?

This. I don't see the problem with expecting a basic suggestion of contract length and weight before an interview. I doubt he expects a final offer, just an indication. Especially if he's already received that from other employers.

Like sure, not the classiest move in the world, but hardly exceptional.

• Locked thread