Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
how many enbeespees?
maybe
yes
no
View Results

• Locked thread
bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

this christmas feels like the very first christmas to me
:shittydog::shittydog::shittydog:
Hello and welcome to teh first posting standard committee meeting.

I'd liek to opemn with a question to the floor

What should the standard number of
code:
&nbsp
to use before the
code:
/
when quoting another users post with their avatar beneath it to humourous effect??

5 or so??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

it depends entirely on the content of the avatar.

pram
Jun 10, 2001
i think any form of 'pity bump' should happen at least after 30 minutes of inactivity. ive seen some right after the thread was posted, bad form imo!

pity reply of course has no time limits

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

IT IS HARAAM TO SEND SMILEY FACES THROUGH THE INTERNET
youre right

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

gas

med school head
Apr 17, 2012
make sure each post maintains a certain level of irony at all times! thanks!

pram
Jun 10, 2001
how ironic is endlessly posting about dogges/cattes/redde pandas with profound vigor, intensity, and seriousness , would you say ? pretty ironic?

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
I already moved to pet island sheesh

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
point of order we haven't elected an executive for the committee yet. i call treasurer so i can practice my embezzlement skills.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

gas

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
here ye here ye thou shalt not post :chome: and side by side without at least a single but preferably a DOULE oem pipe "|" ("||")

pram
Jun 10, 2001
i nominate myself for a spot in the presidium or at least the secretariat. hell even the high commissioners cabinet

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

does teh turtle have a name smythe

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

bobbilljim posted:

does teh turtle have a name smythe

it will whena p deece 6.5 figgy YOSPOSTer bestows one upund its head (1k tigers curse richard meme)

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
hear ye hear ye the top posts iof the CJS thread are be trained into byob and the top posters of the cAT thread are to be trained into PET ISLAND! all in favor say STEBE

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
STEB

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
e

pram
Jun 10, 2001
a hearty stebe

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
:chome:

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

i nominate echopenis to do the design standards for our branding

then those kickstarter guys can reissue it in 30 years

Space-Pope
Aug 13, 2003

by zen death robot

pram posted:

how ironic is endlessly posting about dogges/cattes/redde pandas with profound vigor, intensity, and seriousness , would you say ? pretty ironic?
dude you gotta chill out about pics of cute animals

Typical Yosposter
Mar 30, 2015
op u r in violation of the posting standards pls report to the banlist

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

Space-Pope posted:

dude you gotta chill out about pics of cute animals

may I propose a rule about not gettin mad at animal posters unless they are pug owners

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

pug owners must be ridiculed

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Mido posted:

may I propose a rule about not gettin mad at animal posters unless they are pug owners

measure fails GTFO hugboxian QQer

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

Smythe posted:

measure fails GTFO hugboxian QQer

you mother fucker

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

Smythe posted:

hear ye hear ye the top posts iof the CJS thread are be trained into byob and the top posters of the cAT thread are to be trained into PET ISLAND! all in favor say STEBE

seconded

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
posting standard is two-space tabs, please stick to the style guide

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

pram posted:

i think any form of 'pity bump' should happen at least after 30 minutes of inactivity. ive seen some right after the thread was posted, bad form imo!

pity reply of course has no time limits

is there a maximum amount of time for first replies? I'd imagine they eventually become pity bumps

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
I also misspell "first post" in humorous ways.

suffix
Jul 27, 2013

Wheeee!
the oxford comma must be used but should be omitted in accodrance with yospos punctuation guidelines

pram
Jun 10, 2001

Cat Face Joe posted:

is there a maximum amount of time for first replies? I'd imagine they eventually become pity bumps

first replies should be fast imo. probably within the first 5 mins of thread creation, otherwise theres no element of danger and suspense. i realize this leaves a 'dead zone' between first posting and pity bumping, this perhaps can be filled with the pity reply

pram
Jun 10, 2001
it all really depends on the forum dynamics, and how quickly threads are buried *stokes pipe contemplatively*

squarer
Feb 3, 2015

*bzzt*
about 9, maybe 10

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

as we were unable to reach a unanimous decision vis-a-vis 2 or 4 space tabs, we have decided to compromise and mandate the 3 space standard tab. please post accordingly.

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

pram posted:

first replies should be fast imo. probably within the first 5 mins of thread creation, otherwise theres no element of danger and suspense. i realize this leaves a 'dead zone' between first posting and pity bumping, this perhaps can be filled with the pity reply

would "gas" or alternatively :gas: be acceptable in this time frame

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
my posts must be quoted at all times to ensure compliance with good posting standards

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

IT IS HARAAM TO SEND SMILEY FACES THROUGH THE INTERNET

Stymie posted:

my posts must be quoted at all times to ensure compliance with good posting standards

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doc Block
Apr 15, 2003
Fun Shoe
pity reply

• Locked thread