Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

:unsmith:

Tyma posted:

Paddy Jackson's rape trial is the gift that keeps on giving :allears:

Any news? Everyone up here is playing coy with the details incase they get sued by Paddy's infamously litigious defense lawyer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Santa Alpha, Fox One... Gifts Incoming ~~~>===|>

Soiled Meat
In more exciting news, check out what my dad got me:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ic1YLkpl1Do

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
That's a good banknote.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

slothrop posted:

In more exciting news, check out what my dad got me:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ic1YLkpl1Do

That's amazing.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
Rhys has pulled his hamstring four minutes into the game with the Scarlets.

Never thought I'd be sad to say that

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Bastareaud using a homophobic slur, a big ban incoming for him with any luck.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PzwYZc-b8Ug

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

bessantj posted:

Bastareaud using a homophobic slur, a big ban incoming for him with any luck.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PzwYZc-b8Ug

oval office.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I think my mass effect is broken
Bastareaud issued an apology on twitter, but has nevertheless been cited. If he's found guilty, he faces a minimum 6-week ban. Based on their track record, despite it being on camera and clearly heard via the ref mic, I imagine he'll be found not guilty by the judiciary.

edogawa rando fucked around with this message at 03:32 on Jan 15, 2018

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
A traditional "he's a good lad really" defence.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

goatface posted:

A traditional "he's a good lad really" defence.

Saw someone on another forum say it's a French thing and not as bad an insult.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

bessantj posted:

Saw someone on another forum say it's a French thing and not as bad an insult.

Shouting “human being” loudly in English at an Italian is a French thing now?

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Vagabundo posted:

Shouting “human being” loudly in English at an Italian is a French thing now?

Well that particular player is of Zimbabwe origin.

He wrote:

quote:

I'm thinking he quite simply went the "fais pas ta tapette" way but with the english translation (that he certainly learned from his foreign partners), which is a very french expression we have all heard countless times in "male groups" (your typical rugby setup being one of them...). Same as "harden the fck up"; nothing more, this is a typical (may be wrong but still typical) french expression. This is something nobody would have paid attention to a few years ago. BUT... we all know that some expressions do not have the same level of acceptance depending on the societies/countries. Even today in France with all the debates on LGBT rights, same sex couples, etc this is the kind of expression that simply doesn't fly anymore.

Mind you the French posters also decided that as the Treviso player probably wasn't gay then it wasn't that bad as an insult. And one poster also dropped the N-word so I kind of just stopped reading the thread because well I'm sure you can guess why.

HappyCamperGL
May 18, 2014

Scotland's soon to be NatWest Six Nations Championship winning squad has been announced. Scott Lawson get a suprise recall despite being, like, 10,282 years young. Apparently 'Big' Ben Vellacott was to be in it but had a last minute change of heart and is hoping to get an England call so instead we poach Nathan Fowles.

Toonie posted:

Backs: Mark Bennett (Edinburgh Rugby), Alex Dunbar (Glasgow Warriors), Nick Grigg (Glasgow Warriors), Chris Harris (Newcastle Falcons), Stuart Hogg (Glasgow Warriors), Pete Horne (Glasgow Warriors), Ruaridh Jackson (Glasgow Warriors), Huw Jones (Glasgow Warriors), Lee Jones (Glasgow Warriors), Blair Kinghorn (Edinburgh Rugby), Greig Laidlaw (ASM Clermont Auvergne), Sean Maitland (Saracens), Byron McGuigan (Sale Sharks), Ali Price (Glasgow Warriors), Henry Pyrgos (Glasgow Warriors), Finn Russell (Glasgow Warriors), Tommy Seymour (Glasgow Warriors), Duncan Taylor (Saracens), Nathan Fowles (Edinburgh Rugby)

Forwards: John Barclay (Scarlets), Simon Berghan (Edinburgh Rugby), Jamie Bhatti (Glasgow Warriors), Magnus Bradbury (Edinburgh Rugby), David Denton (Worcester Warriors), Cornell Du Preez (Edinburgh Rugby), Grant Gilchrist (Edinburgh Rugby), Jonny Gray (Glasgow Warriors), Richie Gray (Toulouse), Luke Hamilton (Leicester Tigers), Rob Harley (Glasgow Warriors), Scott Lawson (Newcastle Falcons), Murray McCallum (Edinburgh Rugby), Stuart McInally (Edinburgh Rugby), Gordon Reid (London Irish), D'arcy Rae (Glasgow Warriors), Ben Toolis (Edinburgh Rugby), George Turner (Glasgow Warriors), Hamish Watson (Edinburgh Rugby), Jon Welsh (Newcastle Falcons), Ryan Wilson (Glasgow Warriors)

bigfoot again
Apr 24, 2007

HappyCamperGL posted:

Scotland's soon to be NatWest Six Nations Championship winning squad has been announced. Scott Lawson get a suprise recall despite being, like, 10,282 years young. Apparently 'Big' Ben Vellacott was to be in it but had a last minute change of heart and is hoping to get an England call so instead we poach Nathan Fowles.

I’d like to see Kinghorn get a shot on the wing.

Also wasps sign Sopoaga which is amazing for them

HappyCamperGL
May 18, 2014

bigfoot again posted:

I’d like to see Kinghorn get a shot on the wing.

:yeah:

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

I love Leinster and I couldn't be happier that Jordie Barrett has signed with them on a short term deal.
Bastareaud gets a 3-week ban - the shortest possible punishment for a verbally abusing a player :psyduck:

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

:scotland:
There's a good chance Saracens won't make it to the QF of the European Championship depending on which of Clermont/Ospreys win tomorrow. :getin:

Hell, there's a chance that no Premiership club will make it out of the pool stage if things go a certain way, despite the restructuring. :psyduck:

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

Glasgow might have scored the two tries of the tournament in the space of 5 minutes.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Vaders Jester posted:

Glasgow might have scored the two tries of the tournament in the space of 5 minutes.

Them doing over Exeter is very funny.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

After an amazing game by the Dragons they only need Edinburgh to beat Stade and they actually qualify. So come on Edinburgh.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Yeah, about that...

HappyCamperGL
May 18, 2014

Vaders Jester posted:

Confirmed.

Tommy: http://sport.bt.com/video/vintage-glasgow-try-starts-in-their-own-22-91364244749289

Fagerson the Younger: http://sport.bt.com/video/what-a-try-glasgow-tear-exeter-to-shreds-91364244709311

:boom:

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

Typical we do all this fancy pant stuff when none of it matters. :smith:

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

:eyepop:

WMain00 posted:

Typical we do all this fancy pant stuff when none of it matters. :smith:

Beating an English side always matters.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Good news, Welsh supporters! Dan Biggar's out for three weeks! Priestland is expected to start at 10.

Take a drink every time he kicks possession away.
2 drinks if it leads to points for the opposition.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I though Priestland was out for the opening few as well?

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Isn't that convenient, for you and your livers?

Fine. I see George North is still there, so:

1 drink if George North gets dinged in the head
1 drink if he's taken off for an HIA
2 drinks if he "passes" it.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Yes almost all Welsh rugby players are injured, some sort of curse has been cast upon them by an angry Scottish witch no doubt. To that end Wales will probably be fielding the mighty Patchell at 10 or, more probably, kiwi poach Anscombe.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

bessantj posted:

Yes almost all Welsh rugby players are injured, some sort of curse has been cast upon them by an angry Scottish witch no doubt.

Probably punishment for loving up Steve Shingler's prospects at playing test rugby.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Vagabundo posted:

Probably punishment for loving up Steve Shingler's prospects at playing test rugby.

Having Shingler at 10 would be the ultimate curse.

bigfoot again
Apr 24, 2007

bessantj posted:

Yes almost all Welsh rugby players are injured, some sort of curse has been cast upon them by an angry Scottish witch no doubt. To that end Wales will probably be fielding the mighty Patchell at 10 or, more probably, kiwi poach Anscombe.

What happened to Sam Davies?

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

bigfoot again posted:

What happened to Sam Davies?

Well no one is moving Bigger from the 10 shirt at the Ospreys, they moved Davies to 15, as well as playing 10, which he is not and the Ospreys are having a really poo poo season, so the wheels have fallen off the hype train. However, he's slowly coming good again and if the Ospreys actually play well I'm sure he'll be looking to get back in the Welsh team.

bigfoot again
Apr 24, 2007

This weekend i saw Chris Paterson at the soft play. Does anyone have a more mundane celeb sighting than that?

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

bigfoot again posted:

This weekend i saw Chris Paterson at the soft play. Does anyone have a more mundane celeb sighting than that?

I saw Andy Irvine walking in the street with a briefcase. I also saw Duncan Weir along with a bunch of the Edinburgh squad in a coffee shop, they were discussing what their dream job would be for 1 day. One of them plumped for Doctor, another went for Estate Agent. Let it never be said that Edinburgh don't dream big.

HappyCamperGL
May 18, 2014

Did Canada really just loose to Uruguay in a world cup qualifier?! At home :wtc:

Mrenda
Mar 14, 2012

bigfoot again posted:

Before they decided on a single training base in Limerick you'd see Zebo, Peter O'Mahony and others in Wagamamas (chain Asian place) in Cork regularly. Wagamamas Cork had some minor sponsorship deal that gave the players free meals. Free ramen is just too good to pass up for a star rugby player.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

bigfoot again posted:

Saw Sam Hidalgo-Clyne and Nathan Fowles at the cinema once. I also used to see Andy Robinson standing at the bus stop some early mornings on my way to the airport. That man is just permanently scowling at the world.

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

bigfoot again posted:

Saw Ross Ford walking up the road at Haymarket. Had to resist the urge to kick him in the nuts.

(I don't rate Ross Ford).

HappyCamperGL
May 18, 2014

When I lived in morningside I used to regularly see Andy Nicol at the bus stop or in Tesco.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I've seen Shane Howarth at a local mall.