Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Ben Blair.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

I love Leinster and I couldn't be happier that Jordie Barrett has signed with them on a short term deal.
:siren:Caption Competition:siren:

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
He looks like he's got the thousand yard stare of a ptsd sufferer.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I think my mass effect is broken
It's not what it looks like! I swear!

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I think he was midway through performing his favourite train impression when he noticed the photographer.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

:scotland:
"And that's how you pleasure two men at on... Oh, I didn't see you there, is that a camera?"

Stitecin
Feb 6, 2004
Mayor of Stitecinopolis
"Christ, what an rear end in a top hat."

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I just realised that I can now get rid of this loving avatar, but I've kind of grown fond of this monstrosity.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

It's a work of art.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

Listening to Stuart Barnes make excuses for Chris Ashton's shameful defense is great!

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/41547139

:lol:

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
60 is a lot of caps even in the modern game.

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

I love Leinster and I couldn't be happier that Jordie Barrett has signed with them on a short term deal.

quote:

I am very disappointed at the news because I love playing for Wales. It means a huge amount to me. It’s a real blow that I won’t be able to play international rugby from next season.

I didn’t know the full implications when I agreed to join Toulon because the change in the selection policy came out after I signed. I have given ten years service to the Ospreys and Welsh rugby and have picked up injuries along the way. I would have hoped that would have been taken into consideration. I still very much want to play for Wales this season and hope I can gain selection for the autumn international squad.

Looks like he's going to go through with the Toulon agreement.

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

goatface posted:

60 is a lot of caps even in the modern game.

There are usually 11 international matches a year, so if you avoided injury, it would take 9 full years of being first choice in your particular position.

Currently Eligable Players
Gethin Jenkins (129)
Alun Wyn Jones (110)
Jamie Roberts (93)
James Hook (81)
Luke Charteris (74)
Sam Warburton (74)
Leigh Halfpenny (71)
George North (69)
Toby Faletau (66)
Paul James (66)
Dan Lydiate (60)

Players That Can Reach 60 Before Their Contracts Expire
Bradley Davies (57)
Dan Biggar (56)
Justin Tipuric (51)

Rob Howley can't currently pick himself to play in The Six Nations, as he is one cap short of the quota, and doesn't currently play rugby in Wales.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
If there are 11 matches in the season then that's 5.5 years. So ~7 if you take injuries and being rested and poo poo into account.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Tyma posted:

Hes pretty much straight out said it, at his age with a family hes looking to get paid. Which means playing for Toulon. He's not going to choose the chance of a few more caps over a retirement fund.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

Tyma posted:

Translation:

Whilst I love playing for my country, gimmie da loot.

Which is fair. In a sport where at any moment you could get knocked out and forget who you are. You should absolutely get as much in your retirement fund as possible

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

:unsmith:
Kinda shitey if the change was aimed at a guy like Webb who has served his time at the regions and is rightly taking his opportunity to get paid. While there needs to be some sort of control over players going to France/England the application of these rules is always a bit hard to stomach.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Just slap a requirement of X seasons employed by a region tbh. Seems silly to gently caress a guy because someone else happened to be established in the national side and he couldn't buy a match.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

MyChemicalImbalance posted:

Kinda shitey if the change was aimed at a guy like Webb who has served his time at the regions and is rightly taking his opportunity to get paid. While there needs to be some sort of control over players going to France/England the application of these rules is always a bit hard to stomach.

gently caress that. It's up to the regions and the governing body to manage the players and their workload better, then, so that they can have longer careers. The NZRU has started to manage this with these draconian laws, what's the WRU's excuse?

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Cannot loving believe this hasn't been posted yet. Absolutely disgraceful.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bi_JkGIC8Ug

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
He is a good boy.

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

Mister Chief posted:

Cannot loving believe this hasn't been posted yet. Absolutely disgraceful.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bi_JkGIC8Ug

I cannot loving believe you didn't even post the best one!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGFhF7v0QHM

Bonus Avatars :

Tyma fucked around with this message at 18:12 on Oct 19, 2017

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
I feel like watching that made me drunker, stupider and just a little more racist.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Tyma posted:

I cannot loving believe you didn't even post the best one!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGFhF7v0QHM

Bonus Avatars :

Art.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
Bath

Scarlets

RHYS!

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
Update: it is pissing it down.

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

Guess who Wales accidentally made eligible for selection again, the moment they changed the policy :D

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.
Well that was a really dumb play from the ABs

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

Tyma posted:

Guess who Wales accidentally made eligible for selection again, the moment they changed the policy :D

He's not good enough to start for an international side, but he's genuinely played excellently for Bath. Not particularly dynamic, but very few fuckups.

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

Bledisloe game has been pretty good so far.

bigfoot again
Apr 24, 2007

tarbrush posted:

He's not good enough to start for an international side, but he's genuinely played excellently for Bath. Not particularly dynamic, but very few fuckups.

Have you seen much of Zach Mercer yet?

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

bigfoot again posted:

Have you seen much of Zach Mercer yet?

Yes, as he and I share a surname :) Seems good for his age, but I'm terrible at telling who's going to kick on and who's going to plateau. Get the vague feeling he's being passed by Underhill at the moment.

Mr Chips
Jun 27, 2007
Whose arse do I have to blow smoke up to get rid of this baby?

Ratios and Tendency posted:

Bledisloe game has been pretty good so far.

If the yellow team had anyone who could kick goals/conversions they'd be comfortably in front. Black team by 20.

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

:unsmith:

Mr Chips posted:

If the yellow team had anyone who could kick goals/conversions they'd be comfortably in front. Black team by 20.

Still watching?

Mr Chips
Jun 27, 2007
Whose arse do I have to blow smoke up to get rid of this baby?

Mr Chips posted:

piss off idiot

e: ABs got Barnes'd?

Mr Chips fucked around with this message at 12:03 on Oct 21, 2017

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Mr Chips posted:

piss off idiot

e: ABs got Barnes'd?

Barnes had nothing to do with it. The Wallabies caught the All Blacks on the hop.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

Looked like a pretty even Barnes-ing for both sides. Wallabies need to just let Hodge kick for them.

Unimpressed
Feb 13, 2013

NZ had a fair few 2nd stringers, and, as good as they are, they're a couple of percentage points behind the 1st stringers and it showed especially with some silly uncharacteristic mistakes. Ben Smith would've never coughed up that last minute ball.

But I'll take a win over NZ any way any time. If the Wallabies can actually start the season with intensity we might have a chance of winning a game that wasn't a dead rubber.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

It's a silver lining on what has been an annus horribilis for Australian Rugby. That it was Stephen Moore's swansong makes it a little sweeter.