Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Tyma posted:

Broadcasting

All 152 games will air on the subscription-based TV network Premier Sports. Both the TV network and online streaming service are £9.99 a month.

Over 100 of the games will also air on Eir Sport (this used to be Setanta Sports Ireland), which is available for free in Irish households who subscribe to the company's TV, Internet or Phone products.

One game per week will aslo be shown on S4C, exclusively in Welsh.

Select games involving Leinster, Munster and Connacht will also air on TG4, exclusively in Gaelic.

Rugbypass will not be broadcasting the Pro 14.

I love the part where all the South African games are broadcast on Alba, so I get to watch 3 Edinburgh games this year, all against South Africans. Edinburgh vs Glasgow is on Eir Sport for some reason.

It does seem to be a carefully judged, almost clinical attempt to kill the popularity of the league.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

:scotland:
For those wondering, here is the breakdown of the freeview games being shown on TV for the Pro14 and the number of games featuring each side. I guess the Italian fans won't need to buy the package...

Fixtures
1. Zebre v Kings
2. Benetton v Cardiff
3. Cheetahs v Glasgow
4. Kings v Glasgow
5. Glasgow v Dragons
6. Edinburgh v Kings and Benetton v Kings
7. Zebre v Edinburgh
8. Cardiff v Zebre
9. Leinster v Ospreys
10. Cheetahs v Connacht and Kings v Benetton
11. Zebre v Benetton
12. Benetton v Zebre
13. Zebre v Cheetahs
14. Ulster v Benetton
15. Zebre v Leinster
16. Glasgow v Connacht
17. Benetton v Edinburgh

Appearances
Benetton - 7
Zebre - 7
Kings - 4
Cheetahs - 4
Glasgow - 4
Edinburgh - 3
Cardiff B - 2
Connacht - 2
Leinster - 2
Dragons - 1
Ospreys - 1
Ulster - 1
Scarlets/Munster - 0

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

I love Leinster and I couldn't be happier that Jordie Barrett has signed with them on a short term deal.
The Scarlets will play in a shirt advertising 18 different sponsors :

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Holy poo poo that's ugly.

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

I love Leinster and I couldn't be happier that Jordie Barrett has signed with them on a short term deal.

goatface posted:

Holy poo poo that's ugly.

I just had to count them, to see if there really were 18...

There are actually 22 sponsors on that kit.

Juno Moneta Group (accountancy firm)
Macron (sporting apparel)
Enzo's Homes (construction firm)
WRW (construction firm)
John Francis (estate agent)
British Telecom (phone company)
Gravells (car dealership)
Castell Howell (catering wholesaler)
Ronnie S Evans (haulage company)
Owens Group (haulage company)
Intersport (sporting goods store)
LBS (hardware store)
Swansea University (fine education establishment)
Coleg Sir Gar (scummy education establishment)
Pencnwc Holiday Park (holiday park)
Dyfed Steels (steel distributor)
CK Foodstores (grocery chain)
TAD (construction)
Viola Group (management consultancy)
Prince's Gate (bottled water)
Lloyd & Gravell (waste disposal)
Crys16 (rugby supporters' trust)

Tyma fucked around with this message at 12:29 on Jul 25, 2018

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Is that 18 on the shirt and 4 on the shorts?

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

5 are on the shorts, so I'm guessing whoever came up with the number 18 counted "Scarlets Rugby" as one of the advertisers, or there's another sponsor on the back of the collar, that I can't make out (I think it's just the Prince's Gate logo).

The socks just have the Macron and Scarlets logo, but I'm sure they'll have time to change that, before the start of the season.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

Tyma posted:

5 are on the shorts, so I'm guessing whoever came up with the number 18 counted "Scarlets Rugby" as one of the advertisers, or there's another sponsor on the back of the collar, that I can't make out (I think it's just the Prince's Gate logo).

The socks just have the Macron and Scarlets logo, but I'm sure they'll have time to change that, before the start of the season.

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

Meanwhile, I need this :

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Aramoro posted:

I love the part where all the South African games are broadcast on Alba, so I get to watch 3 Edinburgh games this year, all against South Africans. Edinburgh vs Glasgow is on Eir Sport for some reason.

It does seem to be a carefully judged, almost clinical attempt to kill the popularity of the league.

That's almost impressive in how backwards that seems.

S4C have 17 matches, no doubt they'll heavily feature Welsh sides though I'm surprised that they don't have Blues v Leinster.

Good on the Scarlets getting those sponsors, hope they're bringing in the big bucks.

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

at first i was again the briz rebranding, and i kinda still am but i really like the new kits and have already preordered my home kit

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

Hurricanes have been... not good this game.

Unimpressed
Feb 13, 2013

Crusaders have an uncanny ability to make the opposition look, well, not good.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

Unimpressed posted:

Crusaders have an uncanny ability to make the opposition look, well, not good.

Both Barrett brothers playing like poo poo didn't help their cause either.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I think my mass effect is broken
If you want a vision of Crusaders rugby, imagine a rugby boot stamping on a human face - forever.

Painkiller
Jan 30, 2005

You think the truth will set you free...
I wonder what happens to the Lions now. The conference system both helps and harms them. They're a good team but they don't have the polish that the NZ teams get from slugging it out all year. How do you get better when you can coast to a final on talent alone?

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Painkiller posted:

I wonder what happens to the Lions now. The conference system both helps and harms them. They're a good team but they don't have the polish that the NZ teams get from slugging it out all year. How do you get better when you can coast to a final on talent alone?

the easy answer is "get a fly half not named Elton Jantjies"

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Painkiller posted:

Off season in the Pro14?

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Troy Queef posted:

the easy answer is "get a fly half not named Elton Jantjies"

He must be insanely frustrating for Lions and Boks fans. Everyone and their dog can see how talented he is, and he can pull off some incredible things but you just know there's going to be some sort of inevitable gently caress-up ready to happen at any point.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Vagabundo posted:

He must be insanely frustrating for Lions and Boks fans. Everyone and their dog can see how talented he is, and he can pull off some incredible things but you just know there's going to be some sort of inevitable gently caress-up ready to happen at any point.

at int'l level he's thankfully now second string since Handre Pollard got fit again, plus there's several good 10s in the pipeline (Damien Willemse at Stormers, Curwin Bosch at Sharks, plus a kid from WP named Juan Mostert who got named player of the tournament at the recent Craven Week and is drawing lots of comparisons to Henry Honiball) which likely means we won't see much of Elton's bad haircut unless you're a Lions fan

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

In his defence, Jantjies went mostly error-free last night. The clangers were when he needlessly kicked the ball away to the Crusaders, but that was just as much down to their defensive pressure. The Crusaders do have a tendency to win in a way where it feels like the losing side never even stood a chance.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Vagabundo posted:

Elton Jantjies is the spiritual successor to Michalak?

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

Vagabundo posted:

In his defence, Jantjies went mostly error-free last night. The clangers were when he needlessly kicked the ball away to the Crusaders, but that was just as much down to their defensive pressure. The Crusaders do have a tendency to win in a way where it feels like the losing side never even stood a chance.

The Crusaders should probably have been the 4th nation in the SANZAAR international season. Would've made the Boks and Wallabies more consistently competitive.

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

Remember those PS3 versions of Pro Evolution Soccer, where you could edit your team's kit, to plaster a near unlimited number of random mismatched colors and logos onto the shirt?

-

Grown men are going to play professional Rugby in this.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Oof. Disappointed they don't have a 'fun' sponsor on there like "Willy's Sausage" or something.

fallingdownjoe
Mar 16, 2007

Please love me
Well, looks like Cipriani's hosed up Glorious International Return No. 7: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-gloucestershire-45201916

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Such a classy boy.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

So sad, this is what happens without the firm guiding hand of Dimes.

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

ABs by 20?

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.
Maybe that guy should have prepared a speech...

edit: Hooper's whingey Australian voice is like nails on a chalkboard

Smorgasbord fucked around with this message at 11:13 on Aug 18, 2018

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

You Australians should be in here raving. This is the best they've played for quite a long time. Hooper needs to shut the gently caress up though.

reac
Jul 15, 2000

nada corre como un zorro
Finally!

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

He should get to take that kick again. Australian player was half way to him when he actually stepped forward.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

Peyper hasn't reffed offside players all game , why would he start then?

reac
Jul 15, 2000

nada corre como un zorro
Brodie Retallick! gently caress yes.

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

Ahahhahaha. Dummied by Retalick.

E: he sold it to the cameraman, too.

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:

The Rabbi T. White posted:

You Australians should be in here raving. This is the best they've played for quite a long time. Hooper needs to shut the gently caress up though.

:yikes:

reac
Jul 15, 2000

nada corre como un zorro
poo poo, Folau doesn't look good though.

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

Yeah sorry. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

Oh that was well done.