Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

I hate playing the French :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Our forwards are so loving ridiculous.

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

How the gently caress do you support a country that's not your own?!

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

There is a difference between supporting and wanting teams to do well.

I live in NZ so I support NZ in every sport. Including poo poo we are terrible at. After that I like the underdogs to do well. gently caress everyone else imo. Especially Australia.

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

ColtMcAsskick posted:

You know I've just realized I'm going to be sad once Richie McCaw retires. He's retiring after this World Cup right?

If we make the final I believe that would be his 149th test...he really should play one more game. Testimonial maybe?

Also I hate Australia in all sports as they're both terrible winners (league, rugby and, most of all, cricket) and losers. Your national sides are full of absolute douche bags like Warner, Haddin, Greg Bird, Michael Ennis, Gallen, Cooper...also your stable of idiot tennis players.

Also I find it funny that they have about six times the population of NZ, invest a huge amount more into sports but are either worse than us or only slightly better.

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Woden posted:

What other sport than Rugby/League is NZ better than Australia, or heck only slightly behind? Netball?
NZ is bad at cricket and tennis which are the other two sports you mentioned, bad at hockey, bad at soccer, bad at basketball which are all sports Aus either does ok in or is one of the top teams.

You're not that much better at cricket at the moment and that is basically your national game. The Breakers have been dominant in your basketball league too. As far as football goes we're both terrible but somehow you managed to pull the shadiest poo poo ever and be allowed to compete in Asia despite not even being a part of that continent.

I guess I hate Australian teams as they'll do anything to win even if it means being complete and utter cunts.

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Mr Chips posted:

Are you using this as the basis for a claim that NZ is only slightly worse than Au in basketball? FIBA rankings don't really support that position.

Nah, Australia is much better than us at basketball.

We're really good at rowing though :downs:

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Mr Chips posted:

How about Richie taking a bizarre detour around the ruck to smack someone in the face with his elbow?

This was only brought up because of some salty English journalist. Look at the videos- there was absolutely nothing in it.

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

McCaw is no longer the best player in his position anymore but you won't find a better captain.

Nostalgia always means current players aren't often viewed as the 'greatest of all time' but I think McCaw arguably has that title. Will be sad to see him go :(

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

It's not Burgess' fault he was picked though?

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

This isn't really a surprise. Milner-Skudder does look slightly vulnerable in the air but I don't think they'll have much luck kicking to Savea. If Nehe is struggling we can always bring on Barrett and put Ben Smith on the wing (which I imagine what will happen at some point regardless).

I have no concerns about them targeting Read.

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Lol at Rod Kafer saying Ben Smith should have been sent off

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Jonah Lomu has died 😢

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Unimpressed posted:

LOL at comparing Savea to Lomu. If (and it's an if) Savea is the best winger in the world, he's marginally better than the others. Lomu, on the other hand, was so much better than everyone else, he changed the game forever.

e: thanks for the new av, generous benefactor :)

It's very hard to compare the two given how much rugby has changed sinice Lomu burst onto the scene. I'd agree with Hansen in saying Savea has more strings to his bow but given Lomu's size and freakish athletic ability he was always going to be more of a crowd favourite.

I actually think Savea is the better rugby player but Lomu was never able to play at his peak due to illness and I imagine, had he had that chance, would have been even more devastating than he was.

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Vagabundo posted:

Savea is the more technically skilled player than Lomu, but Lomu played in an era where a winger wasn't required to do much more than run and score tries.

Anyway,

Agreed.

And that's fantastic.

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Ultragonk posted:

Well New Zealand lucky to win another series, again for like the millionth time.

Lucky?

Barrett is so so good. Read was the player of the series for me though.

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Aaron Smith has been amazing this match.

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Painkiller posted:

Barrett's been around for a while now but it still astonishes me how quick he is.

He's only 25 too :)

It's really hard to pick between him and Cruden as Barrett is far more dangerous with the ball in hand but Cruden is a much more creative kicker. I think the coaches have got the right idea of starting Cruden and then letting Barrett run at tired defenders.

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Lol what a bunch of cunts.

Never change Australia.

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

I don't like how we boo Cooper all the time but he's brought a bit of it on himself (in the past) and fans don't forget things in a hurry.

He's a bit like Carlos Spencer in terms of skill and inconsistency (although I honestly think Spencer, for all his flaws, was one of the most exciting players ever when on form) but unfortunately there isn't much room for players like that at international level.

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

There was no intent AND he didn't actually eye gouge him so I can't even believe this is being talked about.

If you want to ban him for recklessness then I guess I could understand it but it sets a pretty crazy precedent.

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Argentina were great in that first half but no team can seem to deal with the impact our subs make. So much loving depth.

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

MyChemicalImbalance posted:

Piutau is just embarrassing people, he ran Jonathan Davies over in the first half and has those silly kiwi offloads that make everyone else look like clumsy children.

It's a shame he left as he'd have had plenty of opportunities with the injuries we've had.

Also looking forward to tonight's game. Current form should show us winning comfortably but South Africa always have the ability to step up.

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Vaders Jester posted:

Let's be fair, being more dignified than League is a hell of a low bar in the first place.

He didn't take a dog into the toilets so there's that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

I think Dane Coles is my favourite player.