Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fallingdownjoe
Mar 16, 2007

Please love me
This is a great OP, thanks Tyma. Really nice to have something new.

And I see in the list of good matches to watch that there's a couple I've not seen! Looks like I'll be unproductive today!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fallingdownjoe
Mar 16, 2007

Please love me
I had to have a very difficult conversation with a friend of mine whilst I explained that I couldn't get back from Twickenham for her 50th birthday party on the 10th because a) I would be watching England and hoping they don't rack up too many points against Uruguay, and b) if Wales do win I would be completely ratted.

fallingdownjoe fucked around with this message at 23:10 on Sep 11, 2015

fallingdownjoe
Mar 16, 2007

Please love me

Vagabundo posted:

So Eli Walker is out now with a bung hamstring. Gloucester loose forward Ross Moriarty, who earned both of his test caps in the recent warm-ups, has been called up.

Somebody put Tyma on suicide watch.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/rugby-union/34251954

Tyma, what's the groundkeeper like at Ospreys? The way this is going we might need to call him up by the Australia game.

fallingdownjoe
Mar 16, 2007

Please love me
I'm in! Won't choose my team till tomorrow, but excited to get in on it.

fallingdownjoe
Mar 16, 2007

Please love me
Team made. Hoping my NH frontline and SH backline will drag me to glory! It won't

Tyma posted:

Are you going to any of the Millenium Stadium games this time round?

Yep! Just the Fiji game, but I'll be there. You? PM me if you're around for Fiji and free for a post-game commiserations drink.

fallingdownjoe
Mar 16, 2007

Please love me

Vaders Jester posted:

Priestland's dream has not been cancelled.

Rejoice!

PS: Are we allowed to laugh at him or is that still a mean thing to do to poor old Rhys?

I've been coming round to the idea that it's been long enough now that it's just mean to laugh at him: he's so earnest that it's like kicking a puppy, and he genuinely seems to love playing for Wales. I for one hope he does well.

fallingdownjoe
Mar 16, 2007

Please love me
Arrived in a posh Oxford pub full of rahs in England tops. Wishing I'd learned the Fijian national anthem now.

I'm supposed to be here for a friend's birthday later: I don't think she knows what she's let herself in for.

fallingdownjoe
Mar 16, 2007

Please love me
Harry should stick to dressing up as a Nazi

fallingdownjoe
Mar 16, 2007

Please love me

Vaders Jester posted:

So any bets on what minute we see Anthony Watson die when he tries to tackle Nadolo?

NADOLO CRUSH BABY MEN

fallingdownjoe
Mar 16, 2007

Please love me
And Sweet Chariot over the Fijian war dance. loving Twickenham

fallingdownjoe
Mar 16, 2007

Please love me
Not exactly an England performance to have the All Blacks quaking in their boots

fallingdownjoe
Mar 16, 2007

Please love me

Vaders Jester posted:

So the take away here so far is that Fiji are their own worst enemies and England can't create any chances themselves?

Yeah pretty much. I might be biased but I think Gatland is currently smiling like the Cheshire Cat

fallingdownjoe
Mar 16, 2007

Please love me
On my way home from an early appointment to watch it. I think I have a problem.

fallingdownjoe
Mar 16, 2007

Please love me
Good luck to anyone trying to get to Cardiff today. Sounds like First Great Western have royally hosed up for the Ireland game. Anyone hoping to get the train for tomorrow might benefit from getting there as early as possible.

fallingdownjoe
Mar 16, 2007

Please love me
Amazing result for the angriest group of men ever right here

Edit: oh poo poo one more lineout

Edit 2: bloody hell the Tongans nearly had it

fallingdownjoe
Mar 16, 2007

Please love me
I really do love Ireland's Call: fab anthem

fallingdownjoe
Mar 16, 2007

Please love me

rejutka posted:

We don't get our actual anthem as well? SHENANIGANS!

I thought that was a common thing for Ireland? Both anthems at home, and just Ireland's Call away?

fallingdownjoe
Mar 16, 2007

Please love me
Super pleased for Japan, and doubly so that I managed to watch the match. Chuffed to have tickets to their Samoa game: I was going to be wearing blue but looks like I have a new team to support that day!

fallingdownjoe
Mar 16, 2007

Please love me

dex_sda posted:

watched the whole of the japan vs sa game, what a thriller. Glad to have started watching rugby recently

I was introducing a Canadian colleague to rugby yesterday: her second game ever was the South Africa/Japan game. Jealous of having that for an introduction!

fallingdownjoe
Mar 16, 2007

Please love me

goatface posted:

On the off, anyone know the pack size gap?

I think it's only about 12 kilos: they were both surprisingly chunky when they showed it earlier.

fallingdownjoe
Mar 16, 2007

Please love me
Sweet Chariot again? loving England fans

fallingdownjoe
Mar 16, 2007

Please love me
Go on Rhys!

fallingdownjoe
Mar 16, 2007

Please love me

rejutka posted:

Irish coverage is sponsored by some arseholes who seem to have insisted on ad breaks between the anthems and kick-off. They even managed to miss some anthems yesterday because sponsored breaks.

I suspect this may have a deleterious effect on the company in question.

ITV have the break between anthems and kick off too. It's a bit poo poo

fallingdownjoe
Mar 16, 2007

Please love me

DickEmery posted:

They want Cuthbert

Or North. They've nearly got him already: now they want to finish him off.

fallingdownjoe
Mar 16, 2007

Please love me

Tyma posted:

We had to watch the adverts in the stadium as well. I'll do a full post about how bizarre the match day experience is,when I get back.

Haha what? I look forward to the write-up!

fallingdownjoe
Mar 16, 2007

Please love me
Wales have a ceremony of some sort this afternoon. Apparently Paul James has a moon boot, but Samson Lee and Liam Williams are walking alright.

There may be hope...

fallingdownjoe
Mar 16, 2007

Please love me

goatface posted:

I'm sure you can find some hole of an Irish Pub that will be showing it. They turn up everywhere.

I watched a good chunk of the 2011 World Cup in an Irish pub at the bottom of Manhattan. If you're in that area I can look back at my notes and work out which one.

fallingdownjoe
Mar 16, 2007

Please love me

WMain00 posted:

Right time for a :toxx:

If Scotland don't win today I will change my avatar on Friday to the most offensively anime thing I can find and declare my undying love for Japan.

So presumably if your love for Japan is undying, you will never change your avatar back?

fallingdownjoe
Mar 16, 2007

Please love me
Smooth

fallingdownjoe
Mar 16, 2007

Please love me
Oh Stuart that's not how you catch a ball

fallingdownjoe
Mar 16, 2007

Please love me

Tyma posted:

I liked the part where Lamont came in from the side, and started walking ontop of the ruck.

I thought that and then the ref didn't even question it

fallingdownjoe
Mar 16, 2007

Please love me
Well done Scotland, you're looking good. Japan do just look absolutely knackered though :(

fallingdownjoe
Mar 16, 2007

Please love me

rejutka posted:

Poot. Where are my upsets? My close games?

There's time now for France to France it up against Romania!

fallingdownjoe
Mar 16, 2007

Please love me
I'm in a play this week so watching what I can when offstage, and I've just come back from a scene to find two tries scored. What happened there? Romania were doing okay!

fallingdownjoe
Mar 16, 2007

Please love me
drat. At least they got the penalty.

fallingdownjoe
Mar 16, 2007

Please love me
I am, off and on. I hope the Namibians do well but I'm expecting to see twenty more points on the board whenever I manage to see the screen.

fallingdownjoe
Mar 16, 2007

Please love me
It looked like one of the Argentinians was taken out at the end there. Looked pretty bad but they didn't go back to it. Got to be a citing, right?

fallingdownjoe
Mar 16, 2007

Please love me
So I can't watch the England Wales game live tomorrow, and my plans to watch it at the aftershow party for my play have fallen through because ITV are being really slow at putting them up.

Going to have to try to avoid the score on the way to the party AND on the way back, then watch it at home afterwards.

I know this is a bit whiny, but I'd thought I could do both without a hitch and now it seems inevitable that it'll be spoiled by someone (quite reasonably) talking about it in the street or outside the many pubs around the theatre. Including a bloody sports bar at the back, through which we have to remove the set.

I've been looking forward to it for years and a diary hitch looks to have put a dampener on my fun :(

fallingdownjoe
Mar 16, 2007

Please love me
If I could guarantee good connection in the theatre I'd do that, but it's been iffy for streaming through the week.

I'm going to go with a combination of headphones with Cwm Rhondda and getting a lift off my wife, I think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fallingdownjoe
Mar 16, 2007

Please love me
Did Jason Robinson just suggest that England should be aiming to injure Liam Williams? What a shithead.