Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

:unsmith:
Great op Tyma enjoyed it thoroughly.

Ulster fans on their forum are getting all antsy about Piutau now, ever since Xavier Rush pulled out of signing at the last minute some of them have been distrustful of signing Kiwis. There are a few that are convinced he'll never actually make it over here now he's playing for the Wasps, ignoring the fact he signed a contract to come next season in the first place. Fan forums are brilliant places to read the thoughts of headcases.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

Thel posted:

Spectacular OP, Tyma.

Question for the ABs fans - who do you think the best haka leader of all time is? I gotta go with Buck. '89 vs Ireland was a classic.

Fun story, Willie Anderson the Ireland captain that day who walked the Irish towards the AB's in the original Haka response once refereed a match I played in in school. He gave his team like 20 penalties and didn't give us any. They lost and he was a big prick. Was a cool response though.

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

I'm in the fantasy League also, went balls out and tried not to make too many safe picks, exciting!

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

Vaders Jester posted:

Side bet on how long before Healy gets carded? I'd have offered Big Jim but he decided to throw in the towel.

I need a new av so I'm definitely up for some side bets!

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

Vaders Jester posted:

:toxx:

I'm happy to get a new AV if Scotland get a guy binned before Ireland do. I reckon it's probably 50/50 between WP Nel and Healy :)

You're on. No Healy starting this week though so I might have an edge,

Ireland: R Kearney; D Kearney, J Payne, L Fitzgerald, K Earls; J Sexton, C Murray; J McGrath, R Best, M Ross; I Henderson, P O'Connell (capt), P O'Mahony, S O'Brien, J Heaslip.

Replacements: S Cronin, C Healy, N White, D Ryan, C Henry, E Reddan, I Madigan, S Zebo.

Pleasantly surprised to see Henderson starting after I jumped the gun a bit and put him in my fantasy team, but I'm even happier Joe saw sense and dropped Bowe. It's a solid squad on paper but they really need to show an improvement from the warm up games if they're going to stand a chance.

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

Got home in time for the second half, Nadolo :getin:

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

England don't look too good here, hopefully Fiji can keep this pressure on.

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

That counter ruck lmao

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

Boooooooo

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

Anyone else desperate enough to watch Tonga-Georgia? Tonga beating France in the last world cup on the back of super sick scrummaging gave me a big front row boner so I'm tuning in hoping they're as good this time around.

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

Enjoying a big ol ulster fry and a mug of tea while Nigel shouts at people. Bliss.

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

Loving this first game, thought it could be a nervy one for Ireland since they looked so poo poo in the warm ups but it's been breezy. My heart is swelling with pride watching Hendo score world cup tries as well.

Good seeing sexton hit some form he really needs to kick on for us to stand a chance against the big teams.

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

Vaders Jester POC just won you an avatar.

Wouldn't have picked paulie but there's a certain something about him and Cudmore both being carded in the same game

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

Why did I choose that game to miss?! :psyduck:

Can't wait to see the highlights.

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

USA Samoa is a bit flat, neither team doing much with the ball.

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

Samoa are just playing inside balls off 9 and 10 but they're causing some problems doing it. USA have gave away too many penalties and haven't been too consistent at the breakdown, it could be closer but neither team looks great right now.

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

Just got in for this glad it's so tight. Who did McCaw murder to get his yellow? Normal offenses like offside and hands in the ruck only apply to meer mortals.

E: oh wait it's Wayne Barnes lmao

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

Now that's a Barnes call

E: by that I mean he has balls and loves kiwi tears

MyChemicalImbalance fucked around with this message at 17:31 on Sep 20, 2015

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

Painkiller posted:

I wonder how long the Argentinian pack can last at this pace. They're doing an awful lot in both attack and defence.

Argentina look a little frantic at times I think the All Blacks will be able to close it out. The benches could make a big difference if it stays this close.

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

Loved that scrum. This Argentina front row is as good as advertised

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

Tyma posted:

Beauden :{

Who is he on for?

Milner Skuder after that knock on?

Argentina look like they've ran themselves out.

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

I'm cursing these breaks between matches too, the first round of games were surprisingly good too so half of me is expecting the next few to be more predictable. Scotland Japan should be a fiery one, everyone's going to be gunning for Japan after that Springboks upset but I think they're a legitimately good team at this point, that win was no fluke.

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

Getting excited for this. Paddy power still have Scotland with a -16 handicap, I think they're more than capable of scoring but taking Japan at those odds is surely free money.

Could see a fair few tries going in but I reckon Japan can do it. Sorry Scots goons but Japan in the knockouts is just too good to miss! also anime avatars

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

The ITV coverage hasn't been as bad as I was expecting, that isn't to say it's been good. It's been better than the football World Cup coverage but then you can make anything better by removing Adrian Chiles from it.

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

Holy poo poo

E: perfect maul

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

Great finish to the half stopping Seymour in the 5 isn't too easy

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

Really sad to see Mafi go off after that

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

Mike Stanley isn't very good at the ol kicking lark

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

Poor fella, was inevitable he'd be pulled off after 3 of the poorest shots at goal you'll see.

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

Good call, tried to bring the arms round but Mike Brown should be off for being a prick.

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

Looks like the kind of game that Tipuric would make an impact in. England are just winning all the collisions

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

Butt Wizard posted:

"Reduces the gap to six points" The intellect of the commentators is about what you'd expect really.

It's the most insipid, tiring bullshit. I don't know what's makes me angrier, the England fellatio team on commentary or the arseholes singing swing low when England aren't even playing.

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

Yeeeeeeessssss

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

This is super ballsy by Wales

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

In a pub in Belfast and you'd think it was Cardiff lmao

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

Lmao gently caress England

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

Hilarious outcome, more than makes up for the over indulgent England coverage. Can't wait til the wallabies beat them now too.

Burgess and Barritt did what they always do, i.e. run straight forward all the loving time. JJ was a big miss but Wales were sharper when it mattered tonight. Plaid fuckin cyrmu or what ever the Welsh say when they slay an enemy!

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

goatface posted:

England's lineout isn't reliable enough for trick plays.

I've said for ages that youngs set piece play isn't good enough for test rugby, he's a hell of a player around the park on his good days but he's just too iffy at line out time for me. Previous posts saying the line out call was bad are right, going short is typically your 'banker' ball that you know will work, but being reduced to calling your safest ball at the most critical moment is a sign of weakness.

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

Steffon Armitage is better than both Wood and Robshaw. He wins and carries ball better than both of them but he has the temerity to earn his living in France.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

If you didn't love that match then you don't love rugby I guess

E: who needs tries when you have English tears?