Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SomeDrunkenMick
Apr 21, 2008

What a match, on Japan! Just read the op rugby wasn't invented by a boy who got tired of kicking the ball it was invented by a fat gently caress who wanted to have a game he could keep up in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SomeDrunkenMick
Apr 21, 2008

Game of the tournament for me so far, it was all won with 15 mins of savage defending. Wales did seem to forget the simplest way to score a try though: just gently caress it out to the wings

E: and now to watch the English funeral march which I hear they couldn't give away tickets to heh

SomeDrunkenMick
Apr 21, 2008

I liked it from a neutral point of view Australia gave a masterclass in how to defend for those 15 mins or so when they had lads in the bin. Couple of times when they saw they were gonna get nailed on the overlap and falou shot up to smother the receiver in midfield is about as good a bit of heads up defending as you'll ever see. Also I like most of the Welsh team but I'll never tire of seeing Gatlands big pissed off head when they lose.

SomeDrunkenMick
Apr 21, 2008

Romanias anthem is great, so very Soviet.

SomeDrunkenMick
Apr 21, 2008

I'm smoking an ecigarette these days I've got two of the things lined up charged to keep on top of the nerves

SomeDrunkenMick
Apr 21, 2008

Well feck it anyway it had to be sexton and o connell didn't it?

SomeDrunkenMick
Apr 21, 2008

https://vine.co/v/e00TQj0OpTa

Sean laid him out, but that's him gone for a while anyway.

SomeDrunkenMick
Apr 21, 2008

DickEmery posted:

It's Ireland, he'll get a warning at most.

It was revenge for what pape did to heaslip in the 6 nations. Mitigating circumstances yer' honour. If he can get the parish priest to speak for him he'll get away with it.

SomeDrunkenMick
Apr 21, 2008

A terrible injustice, free SOB.

SomeDrunkenMick
Apr 21, 2008

I sometimes think garces can't communicate well enough with English speaking players.

SomeDrunkenMick
Apr 21, 2008

Wales stop loving it up with dumb penalties please and thanks
e: this means you charteris

SomeDrunkenMick fucked around with this message at 16:34 on Oct 17, 2015

SomeDrunkenMick
Apr 21, 2008

Pollard has kicked a couple into nowhere though

SomeDrunkenMick
Apr 21, 2008

This isn't turning into the classic match I wanted

SomeDrunkenMick
Apr 21, 2008

Well that might be that, priestland didn't bring any luck with him. Beautiful pass behind the back

SomeDrunkenMick
Apr 21, 2008

Jerusalem posted:

Japan should be in the Semi-Finals :mad:

SomeDrunkenMick
Apr 21, 2008

I can't believe Ireland were that shite, the argies were good but oh god were we shite. Scotland might beat Australia and be the sole NH team in the semis. Up is down left is right, dogs loving cats and so on.

SomeDrunkenMick
Apr 21, 2008

They got away with that, and it's ridiculous that that was a yellow card and the Argentinian prop wasn't given the second card. I'm so bitter

SomeDrunkenMick
Apr 21, 2008

hitchensgoespop posted:

Anyone got this Richie McCaw vine that is doing the rounds?

Im assuming its a storm in a tea cup but im having post end of tournament withdrawls so anything remotely interesting will do the trick.

EDIT:

Got it,

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/all-blacks/73361325/all-blacks-skipper-richie-mccaw-could-miss-rugby-world-cup-final-if-cited-over-elbow

looks kinda like a clip from my POV but he wont get cited so whatever.

I'm falling on the side of that being an accident, either way I doubt he'll be cited. It's his last RWC let him play, it would be a poorer final without him there.

SomeDrunkenMick
Apr 21, 2008

goatface posted:

I quite like Richie. He's a cheating shitheel who gets away with murder at the breakdown, but so are all top quality back row players.

This is it exactly, getting away with it is literally his job. I don't have to like mcaw, in that he's one of the best players on one of the best test teams of all time it makes him hard to like in a way but I do respect him as a player for the things he's done.

SomeDrunkenMick
Apr 21, 2008

Leinster pulling away a bit here against Edinburgh. Murrayfield always looks so empty and it sounds like they're playing in a cave.

SomeDrunkenMick
Apr 21, 2008

Terrible news about Foley.

SomeDrunkenMick
Apr 21, 2008

Montpellier wing Nadolo just brushed off Kearney like he wasn't there.

I didn't get to see the Munster match, was what earls did blatant?

SomeDrunkenMick
Apr 21, 2008

Vaders Jester posted:

https://vine.co/v/5wFqQ9Uu1wz

Nadolo is a monster and I fear for anyone trying to tackle him.

FFS, yeah that was pretty bad alright. Worse if he whinged about it though.

SomeDrunkenMick
Apr 21, 2008

I always liked the mizuno boots, Canterburys are comfy but they might be a bit of a forwards boot and I never had a pair that stood up to more than a season.

SomeDrunkenMick
Apr 21, 2008

Nursing a severe hangover, don't go to the pub to watch games starting at half 5. I think I can finally say it without coming across too bitter because Ireland won 2 weeks ago but gently caress me New Zealand are dirty. They're right on the edge of infringement every time which to be honest is how a good team should be, but their conduct around rucks is atrocious and with a different ref they were looking at a red card or two. They still deserved the game because their defence was rock solid and Ireland have nobody with a flash of brilliance to score a try. I'm pretty happy with the result though, we didn't deserve to win but I think we made the all blacks work for that one.

SomeDrunkenMick
Apr 21, 2008

Yeah, I think they got away with murder at times. It's fine every team does it, but they were pushing it.

SomeDrunkenMick
Apr 21, 2008

Hooper flattened Vunipola, beautiful tackle. England just picked up a lucky lucky try there.

SomeDrunkenMick
Apr 21, 2008

Oh I think Yarde might be a little fortunate there but it was a beaut of a kick.

SomeDrunkenMick
Apr 21, 2008

It was miles forward, bullshit. England gonna fluke this.

SomeDrunkenMick
Apr 21, 2008

Yarde probably knocked on that try, Youngs should never have been in a position to score cause it was forward in the middle of the park a couple of mins before and the other try was a gift. England have rode their luck today.

SomeDrunkenMick
Apr 21, 2008

Kepu thinks he's a centre.

SomeDrunkenMick
Apr 21, 2008

Bit harmless there, if Brown didn't go down hard it wouldn't be anything.

SomeDrunkenMick
Apr 21, 2008

The commentary team on sky comparing England to the All Blacks, steady on lads. It's a good English team, potentially very good but tbh I just don't think Australia have 80 mins of rugby in them, either today or last week. 9 Saturdays to the 6 nations, can't loving wait.

SomeDrunkenMick
Apr 21, 2008

38-0 to Munster, I was at the match didn't have a great view so it was hard to tell whether Leicester were crap or Munster just shut them down completely.

SomeDrunkenMick
Apr 21, 2008

I missed both matches today cause of work, first time I've missed an Irish 6N match in years. :( Next year I'm going to have to use holiday days or something.

Anywhere on YouTube or somewhere that I can watch them back tomorrow?

SomeDrunkenMick
Apr 21, 2008

Finally got to watch Ireland and Scotland, fair enough to Scotland they won it by being good at rugby. I'm actually glad to see them finally front the gently caress up and win one it's been coming a while. Hogg and Gray for the lions.
Because O Gara is being himself I'm going to tell my O Gara story, when I was a young lad when Ronan was playing for Cork Con he came down to play my club just after breaking into the Irish team for the first time. A mate of mine spent the entire game slagging o Gara from the side lines. Con won and after the match when they were getting on the bus my mate shouted something to him. Ronan came over and lifted at the time a 13 year old boy up by the throat against the bus and told him if he ever came to Cork he'd fight him. He's been a hyper competitive dick head since before he ever got paid to play.
To be fair though I always thought he was good.

SomeDrunkenMick fucked around with this message at 04:29 on Feb 10, 2017

SomeDrunkenMick
Apr 21, 2008

Vagabundo posted:

OK, since Apollodorus hasn't posted in this thread in a month, the "If Ireland wins" clause goes to SomeDrunkenMick (that avatar was my handiwork, sorry).

The adjusted :toxx: is

1. If Ireland wins, SomeDrunkenick gets to select a new avatar and/or custom text.

No worries on the avatar, it's good reminds me that Ireland are never too far away from having their dreams crushed in the most brutal of manners. Keeps my feet on the ground and my expectations right in the creamy middle. No heady heights for me!

SomeDrunkenMick
Apr 21, 2008

Good try, simple hands but exploited most of the Scots deciding to stand in a big group looking at the ball.

SomeDrunkenMick
Apr 21, 2008

Wales bad, Ireland worse. Wayne Barnes still a gaping rear end in a top hat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SomeDrunkenMick
Apr 21, 2008

I think technically that Ireland try should have been disallowed. No real quibbles with that. I thought Wales got away with murder at the ruck though,off their feet and cleaning guys out that hadn't even joined it a couple of times. Barnes never said a word about it. We hosed up enough that it made no difference anyway. But that was not a good Welsh performance, they weren't great at all.