Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
(jump to current votecount)

(source)
The Queendom of Charnaz is in turmoil. The Empire of Arrentia liberated it three generations ago, and the reigning Empress, Her Imperial Majesty Constantina (life and victory be to her name), appointed her twin cousins Paris and Sofia as co-regents. However neither of their King Consorts managed to produce an heir, and with Sofia's passing last winter central authority has collapsed. Arrentish legions keep the peace in the wealthy ports along the coast and delta, but Upper Charnaz, including its vast deserts and mines, is in chaos.
Yesterday, there was a jailbreak outside the city of Ip'dju. The wicked mage Amenia, known as the "Fiery Valkyrie," escaped with a number of her followers to the city's darkest quarters. With a violent criminal on the loose and with no promise of salvation, the residents must band together and save themselves before they burn like the desert sands.

(source)

Welcome to this game of mafia! This is a 13 player closed-setup game. However, it is a "traditional" game; there will be little that isn't featured on the SA Mafia Wiki or the Mafia flash thingy. However there might still be some surprises thrown your way! Who knows?

The standard mafia rules apply: don't do anything that could be construed as "not in the spirit of mafia." But I'm not a huge stickler for rules, so as long as you don't break the game it'll probably be fine. For instance, feel free to edit your posts to fix things like formatting, even if you get caught by the ninja; just be honest about it.

However, please remember that I reserve the right to punish someone as I see fit for whatever thing they do.

My unique quirk: please ##unvote before re##voting. I will not count revotes without unvotes unless you are a double-voter. It doesn't matter what votebot says; votebot is just for your convenience, only the votecounts I present are to be assumed accurate and reliable. If you think you see a mistake in a votecount I have posted, please contact me privately so I may check it.

Posting is very important to me, however I will not expect you to be abuzz with posting things left and right. If you haven't posted for a while, I'll probably prod you with a PM casually, maybe with a "hey go post GO POST NOWWWW". If you have a reason why you're not posting, feel free to tell me -- I like to think I'm fairly reasonable. If you aren't posting and it's going to be a chronic problem, I'll ask if you want a replacement; it's up to you, I just want everyone to have a good time, you included. However, if you're put on probation for more than a day, then I will replace you without warning. So don't get probated!

Deadlines are the most effective and easiest way to encourage participation. To that effect, every game day will have a deadline. If majority voting has not been reached by then, the day will end with no hanging. The Day 1 deadline will be at most 5 days long, and they'll only get shorter! Note that if I am ever for some reason unavailable for a deadline I've set, you should assume it to be floating.

To sign up, simply say whether you want to play or be a replacement, whether or not you have PMs, your AIM if you have it, and your email address. I'm "eccoraven" via g-mail. IRC is the best way to get in touch with me outside of PMs, as I only check my email every other day or so.

If you are living with, or otherwise have direct RL contact with, another player in the game, please tell me when signing up. It won't affect your chances for playing the game, I just like to know these things in advance.

Here we go!

EccoRaven fucked around with this message at 18:18 on Sep 14, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
:c:

NOTE: just an estimate, not assumed to be accurate!

:h: N / A
:d: N / A

1) a worthy uhh/me in reverse
2) AnonymousNarcotics
3) Asiina
4) BottleKnight
5) Grandicap
6) Kashuno
7) ljtrigirl
8) merk
9) Pinterest Mom
10) Power of Pecota
11) SirSamVimes
12) The Ninth Layer
13) TMMadman

Replacements:
- Halbert Incandenza

Night 0: Tao Jones, Taji'ik, Innocent (town-aligned vanilla), died.
Day 1: a worthy uhh/me in reverse, Tagaret, Healer (town-aligned doctor), executed.
Night 1: TMMadman, Menhet, Innocent (town-aligned vanilla), died.
Day 2: Asiina, Acenith, Earth (mafia-aligned goon), executed.
Night 2: merk, Alam Mertunjid, Wizard (town-aligned JOAT), died.
Day 3: bowmore, Anom, Innocent (town-aligned vanilla), executed.
Night 3: Grandicap, Gabriel, Cutpurse (town-aligned tracker), died.
Day 4: SirSamVimes, Sethe, Innocent (town-aligned vanilla), executed.
Night 4: The Ninth Layer, Nakhte, Mage (town-aligned doctor), died. Kashuno, Kezra, Innocent (town-aligned vanilla), died. Pinterest Mom, Agathos, Innocent (town-aligned vanilla), died. ljtrigirl, Lamia, Beggar (town-aligned mirror), endgamed.

BottleKnight, Amenia Fay, Fire (mafia-aligned arsonist), victory. Power of Pecota, Paia, Water (mafia-aligned assassin), victory.

GAME OVER
MAFIA VICTORY

EccoRaven fucked around with this message at 06:46 on Sep 26, 2015

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
You better not give me another useless item! :mad:

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

confirming presign

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this
I'll play.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Hi

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Sign me up!

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
I'm down for a small game

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Make me your top replacement Ecco!

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Ecco games are cool and neat ok

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

I can do this.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

I will give this a shot.

ljtrigirl
Aug 13, 2015

I am the Cheese! I am the best character on the show! I am better than both the Salami and the Bologna combined!
Sure!

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Confirming my pre-signup~

I have PMs

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I'll play.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
fine

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

good! thank you!

GAME FULL

I will start writing role PMs tomorrow. Sunday I am going hiking again. I am free all day Monday so since this is ecco expect the game to start Tuesday but who knows maybe I will surprise even myself????

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

See you guys next Saturday.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

EccoRaven posted:

good! thank you!

GAME FULL

I will start writing role PMs tomorrow. Sunday I am going hiking again. I am free all day Monday so since this is ecco expect the game to start Tuesday but who knows maybe I will surprise even myself????

Last time you said you might surprise yourself you started the game later than the extra time you had given yourself that's a surprise I guess :v:

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Bottom of the list! Woo!

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
Hey! I am almost done with the role PMs. The game should go up tonight how exciting is that?

In the meantime play a minigame! Here is a map of your neighborhood in Ip'dju. You all live off a market street in an impoverished, dark, filthy quarter of the city. Pick a home (collection of bordering dark grey squares) telling me one/more of its coordinates. There are 18 potential homes for 13 players, so five will remain vacant. You may only have one home. You may not change or share homes. Your choice almost certainly has no effect on the game.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I want the house at O/P 21-22.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
E-F, 22-23

The windows are boarded up to help prevent the stench of the polluted water from getting into the house.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

B-C 15-19

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I'll chill out in the house at B29 waiting for someone to quit

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Hal Incandenza posted:

more like squatting. go back to your own country!! no kerms allowed!!

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

OP 15-16

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Howdy Neighborino!

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Hal Incandenza posted:

That was going to be my house anyway! So if you're not in the game, then it's mine.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

SirSamVimes posted:

That was going to be my house anyway! So if you're not in the game, then it's mine.

I left a nice big :nexus: in the middle of the living room for you

ljtrigirl
Aug 13, 2015

I am the Cheese! I am the best character on the show! I am better than both the Salami and the Bologna combined!
Dangit.

I'll take L-N13.

I want the water!

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
E25/26

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Can I get in the vicinity of C6?

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

K-L 5-6, gracias

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Can I refuse to get a home and instead wander the streets at night?

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

the tetromino at mn-18-20

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Kashuno posted:

Can I refuse to get a home and instead wander the streets at night?

no.

all houses have been properly doled out so far! keep 'em coming!

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
Hooray! Everyone should have their role PMs; check your inboxes. Thank you for being patient with me!

For reference, all the role PMs look something like this:

A Sample Role PM posted:

Tao Jones - Taji'ik - Innocent (town-aligned vanilla)
Life in the Qain Quarter is not easy. Your home is shoved into the middle of an urban wasteland at the bottom of a hill where the waste and refuge of Ip'dju flows. The city's black market is nearby, and with it the crime and vicious gangs that always follow. Still, you appreciate what you have, and you have been able to make a life for yourself however you could. You even, at moments, feel a sense of community - a sense that, you are all in this together, so you need to work together to be happy. But now, violent escaped convicts threaten all of that, including your very life. Now you need to figure out who to trust and work together to make your crappy life a little less crappier.
You are a townie! You seek to protect your neighborhood from violent criminals, and as such, win when all scum players are eliminated. You have the normal powers of posting and voting in the thread.
You have no other exceptional powers or abilities.
You are vanilla and you are town-aligned.

Flips will look like this:

:s: Player Name, Character Name, Flavor Title (alignment-aligned role), died in a flavor-specific way. :s:

Example:

:s: Tao Jones, Taji'ik, Innocent (town-aligned vanilla), was stabbed to death night 0. :s:

The game should be beginning shortly!

If you have not picked a home yet, do so ASAP! Homes will be doled out via RNG if you have not selected by midnight PDT!

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

A sandstorm blew through the Qain Quarter, followed by a hot rain. The quarter smelled of sewage and mud, of dirt and urban decay. It also smelled, in an abstract sense, of fear. The residents of the quarter gathered under the awning of a restaurant to discuss the murder the night before. It became clear that escaped convicts had fled to the quarter and were hiding among the townspeople, using them as shields. The residents knew what they had to do - find the monsters among them and judiciously slaughter them.

:s: TaoJones, Taji'ik, Innocent (town-aligned vanilla), was stabbed to death night 0. :s:

It is now Day 1!
:h: With 13 alive it takes 7 votes to execute.
:d: Day 1 deadline: Thursday, September 17th, ~11PM EDT.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

EccoRaven posted:

If you have not picked a home yet, do so ASAP! Homes will be doled out via RNG if you have not selected by midnight PDT!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DjPJohh8lOc&t=37s

• Locked thread