Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Hi

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

the tetromino at mn-18-20

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

i think ecco keeps making me vt out of spite

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

love too jokes

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

TMMadman posted:

Also, I remembered in that last post that I am in an Ecco game and need to unvote. Hope you don't hold the vote for Asiina against me Ecco since we are still in joke phase.

this is it. this is the awkward scum post i've been waiting for.

##vote tmm

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

oh man is mafia really this easy

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Pinterest Mom posted:

oh man is mafia really this easy

update: it is.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

SirSamVimes posted:

So do you have a case beyond "He made an awkward post"?

What do you expect the case to be? There haven't been many posts.

He made an awkward post. He's reacting weirdly.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Grandicap posted:

I don't buy that you don't buy it.

Actually, I do, I think you might not buy it. Unless you had a coupon, but even at a steep discount you wouldn't be proud of your purchase.

Can you rewrite this post without the joke.

Do you think PoP is being sincere in his callout of your vote or not?

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

ljtrigirl posted:

That's one of the many things that bothered me about PMlast game, so I don't think I like this vote.

Imagine he made the vote without meta on me. What do you think of it then?

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

BottleKnight posted:

Yeah, no.

I thought you were going for some sort of interaction to learn more last night but if that's really your whole thing, nah.

"Nah" scum or "nah" wrong?

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

It just might be!

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

BottleKnight posted:

Nah wrong. Don't see it.

TMM responded in a v. prickly way, and called me scum in a roundabout way without voting (or actually explicitly doing it!). I don't feel bad about my vote.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

💩

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

TMMadman posted:

Except I did no such thing, so you are seeing what you want to see. My first reply was:

There's no implication of an alignment call, I'm simply saying that you're wrong. Wrong doesn't mean scum.

My second reply was:

Again, there is no implication of alignment. You may be town or you may be scum, but either way you're taking a completely honest statement and twisting it to suit your needs. Town twist honest statements just as often as scum.

this is unadulterated bullshit. town doesn't have a post-twisting agenda. you're backing away from your initial statement.

quote:

However, right now I'm bothered that you seem so concerned that people don't see you as scum. First you ask LJ to ignore meta and make another read on you which just feels off to me. Then you make sure that BK thinks your wrong and not scum.

You're not asking them to clarify positions, you're strictly concerned with yourself.
this is also bs. my post on lj was absolutely 100% not concerned with myself.

lj commented on grandi's vote on me with this:

ljtrigirl posted:

That's one of the many things that bothered me about PMlast game, so I don't think I like this vote.

This is a very slippery statement! Does lj not "like" the vote because she thinks it's wrong, or because she thinks it's scummy? Why does she invoke meta - is grandi supposed to have the same sense of my meta that lj does? I'm asking lj re:grandi, not lj re:me~

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

make non-meta reads!

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

ljtrigirl posted:

How is that a scumpost?

Actually, how do you not immediately see how the Grandi post is scummy?

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Grandicap posted:

No he isn't. A case should be designed not to justify your vote, but to get others to vote with you. What I posted was not a case, it was an opinion piece and a weak one.
I don't have a problem with people voting me for the weak vote. I get it. I do have a problem with misrepresenting what it was.

Are you saying you voted for me, but had no interest in getting others to vote with you?

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

TMMadman posted:

I'm still suspicious of both PMom and PoP. I will say that I almost always find PMom scummy at the start of a game, even when he turns up town, so I constantly have to fight against that in order to be objective. I will say that between the two, I think PoP would be more likely to be scum right now. Unless something drastic changes my mind, I would vote for either of them but PoP first.

Make the case for scum Pecota.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

TMM

Pinterest Mom posted:

Make the case for scum Pecota.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

I'm good with either TMM or Grandi, really. They've both had really bad D1s. Gonna take a look at other people now~

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Kashuno posted:

Asiina, LJ, and merk
What!

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Asii's post history is almost entirely joking about houses, and then these "contributions"

Asiina posted:

This feels like every other game I've played with Madman where he can't separate what he knows from what others know regarding his alignment, so he seems town to me.

Asiina posted:

I don't like Kashuno for calling out someone when he's provided nothing of substance of his own. Also Grandi made other posts commenting on Madman and PMom, which Kashuno hasn't done, but he ignores those entirely.

##unvote
##vote Kashuno

Asiina posted:

That Kashuno case on MiR is just "here's a bunch of things that happened" without any real analysis and then a vote at the end. What is even the point?

Asiina posted:

He's done this as town twice before in games I've been in with him, which is why I think he's town here.

She's scum, I think.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

I'd also vote Sam - his posting stinks.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

I had merk in my "possibly bad" mindcategory because of the weird way he complained about joke phase and then disappeared when things got heated, but I'll believe him when he says he's busy :shrug:

merk posted:

Literally

I can't tell if you're snarking over his use of literally or agreeing with him.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

TMMadman posted:

Well, then just like PMom you'd be wrong about me. Not the first time and doubtlessly not the last time. I'm not worried because my flip will prove it in time.

this is a huge 💩 of a post

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Power of Pecota posted:

I only know about it existing from the discussion thread, but when you voted ANarc and said this were you aware of the wall mechanic thing ecco tried in a recent game?

He was in that game and alive when it happened.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

TMMadman posted:

Actually, I was dead when it happened.

There's nothing better than when someone "actually"s you, and they're wrong :allears:

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

TMMadman posted:

Whatever. You were wrong and I pointed it out. It's a lie that I was alive.

You need to work on being less smug when you're wrong.

You were alive. You can go check.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

##unvote

I like his vote on Asii.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Two hours is plenty of time to flip the dunk, c'mon.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Yeah let's do Grandi, I think. ##vote Grandi

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

:what:

vote now

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Yeah, I really think Asiina flips scum, her content has been really bad and thoughtless, but I don't think she's viable today.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Power of Pecota posted:

TNL did you ever play in a game with Arkane? I forget if you were in Harry Potter 4. TMM reminds me a lot of Arkane.

##unvote
##vote Grandi

Sorry, do you no longer think TMM is scum after like ten minutes?

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

The case on Grandi is, essentially, the same as the case on TMM: he's super self-conscious about how he appears and tried to short-circuit the game by engaging in protected metadiscussion. He's just smoother at it than TMM.

Look at the way he dropped a vote on me, saw pushback, and immediately started undermining his case and self-flagellating. It was very artificial - scum pushing something, realising it Just Wouldn't Fly, and trying to backpedal at max speed.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

ljtrigirl posted:

But it's not. It's the exact same way that I backpedaled in the other game that you pushed me as scum for for three days.

No, it's not? He dropped a wet fart of a vote on me, had two people say "uh, wtf", and immediately started flagellating himself and making excuses for the vote. It's entirely different from that other game.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

ljtrigirl posted:

But he was trying to jump in. It's not like he was awkward while trying to just chill. He was trying to dive in.

There was no need to. There had been roughly five (5) non-jokephase posts at that point. He was just as non-dove-in as everybody else.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

merk posted:

When is deadline? Just landed

an hour

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

TMMadman posted:

That I'm an aggressively bad idiot. :)

If it's going to come down to me or Grandi, I'd rather town dunk me because I know I'm just vanilla town. Grandi has claimed tracker. Personally, I would rather dunk Asiina, ANarc, BK or uhh right now.

if you know you're town, you should never offer yourself up. you don't know grandi is town.

• Locked thread