Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
fine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
E-F, 22-23

The windows are boarded up to help prevent the stench of the polluted water from getting into the house.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

a worthy uhh posted:

This is OMGUS and things that have a name for them are scumtells.

##vote SSM

That sounds like WIFOM to me.

##vote mir

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
The shortest jokephase in the world.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

Asiina we are neighbors :)

My house is bigger and is waterfront property. Don't speak to me peasant!

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
But I have the best slum property and am therefore lord of the slums.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I think the brown bits are roads, which means you have roads on either side of your house.

Merk is in a corner lot with a road ending at the corner of his house.

The pool is like a community pool.

It probably has a poop floating in it.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Actually I changed my mind. ANarc, Vimes, and I are on the nice side of the river. We have access to commercial areas and the only greenery on the whole map and I control the only bridge across the river.

We now live in a gated community and none of you are allowed over here.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Asiina posted:

Actually I changed my mind. ANarc, Vimes, and I are on the nice side of the river. We have access to commercial areas and the only greenery on the whole map and I control the only bridge across the river.

We now live in a gated community and none of you are allowed over here.

We actually don't have access to commercials areas, but whatever, we don't need your strip malls full of dollar stores and bad fried chicken.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

a worthy uhh posted:

I have the largest house in the city. That is all.

It's probably an old empty warehouse.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

EccoRaven posted:

think more "squalid insulae" than "majestic haven."
also fun historical fact living near rivers was typically a sign of poverty since sewage would freely flow into them. :hist101:

hail typhus!

Yes I said that originally when signing up for this house, but I changed my mind and you can't stop me. Stop interfering with my story, mod!

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
This feels like every other game I've played with Madman where he can't separate what he knows from what others know regarding his alignment, so he seems town to me.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Kashuno posted:

itt; reading comprehension 101.

Kashuno posted:

:siren:this is another low content scumpost:siren:

I don't like Kashuno for calling out someone when he's provided nothing of substance of his own. Also Grandi made other posts commenting on Madman and PMom, which Kashuno hasn't done, but he ignores those entirely.

##unvote
##vote Kashuno

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
That Kashuno case on MiR is just "here's a bunch of things that happened" without any real analysis and then a vote at the end. What is even the point?

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

a worthy uhh posted:

RE: TMM, it seems that everyone TMM thinks is scum either disagreed or debated with him. That's just bad play and almost makes me think he's just town and bad at mafia

He's done this as town twice before in games I've been in with him, which is why I think he's town here.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
An ANarc lynch would be terrible today, no way I'm voting that.

I'm still totally fine with my Kashuno vote.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
It will give us absolutely no information for tomorrow no matter what she flips and it's not like the game is void of other potential lynches that would be far more useful going forward.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Why are you assuming the scum team will take out a lurker?

They could just as easily go after someone who opposed them and let ANarc be modkilled for free later.

Plus even if they were going to absolutely kill her, why is a lynch that gives us no information better than a nightkill that gives us no information?

And why is learning the alignment of someone who hasn't posted at all useful information? If she's town, scum have an extremely easy excuse for the vote and if she's scum, there's nothing to go through in her posting to look for connections.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

TMMadman posted:

Except you're voting to lynch a townie right now.

You seriously need to stop saying poo poo like this. It's like you have no theory of mind whatsoever. You're a loving toddler.

Other people have different information than you! We don't know your goddamn alignment. That's the whole point of the loving game.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

TMMadman posted:

Asiina for all the arguments you have made against lurkers in the general thread, why are you balking at killing one now?

It's a person who has made all of 3 posts in the past two days. Now I'm willing to give her a pass for the first day because it's joke phase, but at this point she should have at least come in with some kind of opinion.

I agree it's a super lovely thing to do, and has absolutely nothing to do with joke phase (where did that even come from), but this is why lurking is bad and why I complain about it so much in the discussion thread. It hurts the game no matter what you do. If you ignore them forever the game stagnates and dies, but if you lynch them then you are wasting town's primary mode of action on what is essentially a shot in the dark that will help you not at all the next day even if you are right. Lurking cannot be solved within the game because it hurts the game no matter what is done about it.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I told myself I wasn't going to get into an argument with Madman this game, but here we are and it's the same stupid poo poo every time.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

TMMadman posted:

Honestly, I understand that but I'm also a bit of a nose tweaker and enjoy knowing that it gets under people's skin. I'm willing to take the heat from it.

Plus it's funny when I do end up flipping. :)

Oh, so you're just an rear end in a top hat then. Good to know.

Onto the ignore list you go.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

ljtrigirl posted:

Just a heads up that I will be from like 10pm tonight through Sunday night because I'll be off camping without internet.

Why did you join a game if you were going to be 100% unable to post for multiple days?

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

ljtrigirl posted:

A) It's a weekend.
B) I didn't think it'd start immediately.

I can replace out if people think me missing most of D2 is an option.

Yeah, okay, eccogame. It checks out.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I'm off the phone, hi.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
It's been a busy few days for me trying to read 150 journal articles to prepare for this extremely important meeting today, then I get home and get a call that my step-sister had a baby.

Despite all that, I think I've been plenty engaged even if I didn't write a giant lumpenlist.

Madman seems exactly like he was in the last two games I played with him which is annoying as gently caress and dumb as hell, and he was town in those games so he's probably town here. I'll vote him to save myself and because I'd like him to not be in the game anymore, but I don't think he's scum.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Pinterest Mom posted:

She doesn't have a post that Pings Me hard like she did in that game, but I still feel like she's avoiding saying anything and being very cautious with what opinions she's laying down here.

I just haven't had a huge amount of time these last few days to really get into it and frankly Madman sucks all of my energy away reading his posts.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Power of Pecota posted:

Are you going to claim?

VT

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

SirSamVimes posted:

It's like diqnol/GUISSEPE PIZZA PIE. Sometimes people go by different names than they used to.

I liked anime gently caress pillow, personally.

I agree with MiR about Kashuno and see a lot of the same frustrations I have with Madman, so I don't think they are scummy, but will vote for lack of a better non-me option.

##unvote
##vote MiR

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
show up, ghost post!

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

ljtrigirl posted:

Because Asiina has been super lurky but not in a good way and TMM for all of the reasons I've already said.

What does that have to do with me being VT? :confused:

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
That's a BS case, merk. I feel that Kashuno is scum, but just because I'm not soliciting opinions on it the entire day doesn't mean I believe it any less. I've never been the kind of person to try to force people to see things my way. I make my case and make my vote, and if people want to agree with me or not then fine, I'm not going to belabour the issue. And just because you say my other opinions are baseless or worthless doesn't make it true. Quoting a bunch of posts and saying they are worthless is completely meaningless.

Power of Pecota posted:

I'd still vote Asiina, I didn't catch how she dropped Kash yesterday - for some reason I thought she was voting TMM most of the day. I'd go LJ > Asiina > Grandi right now.

This is also complete bullshit. I was on Kashuno the entire day, but then switched to mir because the only other option was me. I didn't drop it.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

merk posted:

Asiina, I'm softclaiming that I know you're scum. Your move.

Then you're lying.

##vote merk

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

SirSamVimes posted:

Do you have any defense beyond "Nu uh!"?

What am I going to say? I'm vanilla town and have no results to confirm that I'm town so it's my word against his, and claiming some sort of night action result will always win, even if it's a lie. I honestly think he's probably just tunneling like merk does and is saying whatever he thinks will get me lynched.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Pinterest Mom posted:

Asii, you think merk is scum fake claiming to get you dunked?

Thinking about it, he's probably stubborn town merk saying whatever he wants to get me dunked. He hasn't claimed anything specific so when I flip town he'll backpedal from it. I don't see scum lying about it just to get someone who was almost lynched D1 get lynched D2.

##unvote

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

BottleKnight posted:

What? This isn't true.

When people post meta reads on themselves it is always unhelpful and generally false.

Find me an example of game where I've made a case and then pushed it relentlessly.

Not games where I've gotten into an argument with someone, those are easy to find, but ones where I've made a case and then non-stop pushed people to agree with me.

Merk does that, I do not.

Maybe I should because apparently it works and people can just vote without thinking because someone said a name a bunch of times, but I don't do that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Congrats team.

I hate being scum.

• Locked thread