Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

I spent four years making
Waves of Steel
Hell yes I'm going to turn my avatar into an ad for it.
Fun Shoe
This is a very strange game. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

Waves of Steel
Fun Shoe

Camel Pimp posted:

NOTHING MAKES SENSE ANY-
Oh wait. It never did. Carry on, then.

:allears:

This update. This is a good update. I approve of it.

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

Waves of Steel
Fun Shoe

Camel Pimp posted:

(Again, image taken from Lunar-net)

This is Memphis's character design. Amazing.

It looks like that snake is holding on by biting into his torso. I guess sacrifices must be made in the name of fashion!

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

Waves of Steel
Fun Shoe
I'm having trouble seeing Barua's battle sprite as anything other than her sitting on a giant pile of poo. What is that supposed to be in the background of her sprite anyway?

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

Waves of Steel
Fun Shoe

Bufuman posted:

Beautiful reference to your FF2 LP.

So, what, Ant has been reduced to a toady (and his toadies reduced to subtoadies) now? Is that snobby bitch going to be a villain too? Please tell me Ellie and company get to beat all of them up. It would make the rest of this game worth it.

The last chapter will involve the party taking out the entire faculty (starting with the student council) so they can reign over the school unopposed.

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

Waves of Steel
Fun Shoe
There's also the fact that Winn's head is gigantic and Ant's is teeny-tiny. Also what is the laughing rich girl doing on the cover? She's not even an important NPC!

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

Waves of Steel
Fun Shoe
I like to think they named it D because they were like 24 bytes over the limit on the cartridge and this was the easiest thing to trim out.

Also,

Camel Pimp posted:

Thanks to this thread, I can't see this sprite as anything other than Barua sitting on a pile of poop.

Victory. :v:

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

Waves of Steel
Fun Shoe
Hooray, this is back! :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

Waves of Steel
Fun Shoe
Thanks for the LP, Camel Pimp! This sure was a strange one. You did a good job of livening it up though.

I have to say that I kept feeling like Lena was the main character, not Ellie. Which makes me think that it could be interesting to have a proper (i.e. actually well-written) RPG where the protagonist is the healer, and their major sources of conflict are all the dumbass adventurers they have to keep healthy. "Why did you stand in the fire?" and all that.

• Locked thread