Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alien Arcana
Feb 14, 2012

You're related to soup, Admiral.
R.I.P. Ubergoon, killed by an anime.

Also:

FPzero posted:

: Wh-What the hell am I looking at...?
Have we ever seen Byakuya this rattled before?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DialTheDude
Jan 12, 2014

PORK RICE BOWLS

Lipstick Apathy

Alien Arcana posted:

For some odd reason, I'm having flashbacks to Edgeworth and the wriggling plywood.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Well I guess going with RJ for the shoulders was pertinent after all. :cripes:

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Alien Arcana posted:

He's having to confront the truth that destroys everything he thought he knew about the world.

That anime is real.

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

lol i cant believe it

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

Everything was covered in red. And in the center of all this red was...

: H-Hifumi...?

: AAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!
: I-It looks like something...very bad has happened...

: I certainly was not expecting this. I did not imagine that Hifumi would be murdered!
: M-Murdered!? You're not serious, are you!? He's not really dead, is he!?

*Ding dong, ding dong*

: A body has been discovered! After a certain amount of time, which you may use however you like, the class trial will begin!

: What the...?
: That was...the body discovery announcement.

The body discovery announcement... When three or more people discover a body after a murder, that's what plays. And since we just heard it, that means...

: It must mean... Hifumi... Someone killed him. One of us...
: One of...us?
: And look at that...

When Celeste said that, she pointed to something... Something on the floor... Something that had also been on the floor after the last two surprise attacks...

Another hammer... Justice Hammer 3... And it's even bigger than the other two...!

: Just as I suspected. One strike from that, and you're finished...
: Then the killer...

: There can be no doubt. The suspicious individual, going by what Hifumi called him... the culprit must be Robo Justice. Whoever's hiding in that costume is the one that killed Hifumi!
: But...wait... You saw him on the 3rd floor, right? Running back into the hall... So how did he end up in the nurse's office? You're not saying they, like, teleported or something, right?

: We can figure out that part later. Right now, we have to tell the others.
: Y-You're right.
: Then shall we go?

: ...
: Hina...snap out of it.
: ...Huh?
: Are you okay, Hina?
: S-Sorry...I'm not sure I can move right now... I-I'm feeling kinda...

: This is a problem. We can't just leave Hina here alone.
: Okay, then I'll go get everyone. You stay here with Hina!
: Very well. I leave it to you, then.
: Okay! I'll be back soon!

I tried to sound confident and upbeat, but...I still hadn't stopped trembling from what I'd just been through.

Everyone else is already on the 3rd floor. I have to hurry...!

This is where everyone was chasing after the suspicious individual. Where was he headed...?

: Celeste! What's wrong!?
: That was a rather...intense scream for someone like you.
: I saw him! The strange costumed man...! He ran off as soon as I screamed... I was blocking the stairs, so he headed further down into the hallway and disappeared...!

He ran off, going further down the hallway... Way into the back...of the hallway?

: The back of the hallway would be...the physics lab.

As far as I can tell, there's nobody here. But still...I feel some kind of presence... Yeah, I'm sure I can feel someone's presence...! This presence... Is it coming from over there...in the back?

Music fades out.

I leapt through the doorway...

And when I did, I found...

...another nightmare.

The second nightmare of the day was waiting there to greet me.

:siren: CLICK HERE FOR VIDEO :siren:

There, in a pool of his own blood...was Taka. Dead.

FPzero fucked around with this message at 07:31 on Aug 19, 2016

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
Cut down in the prime of his character arc... Sayonara, Kiyotaka.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

drat. Looks like he wasn't super-saiyan enough.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

alcharagia posted:

Cut down in the prime of his character arc... Sayonara, Kiyotaka.

His death is the one that disappointed me the most. I really liked his character, and it would've been fun to see how he developed further. :smith:

Alien Arcana
Feb 14, 2012

You're related to soup, Admiral.
Well poo poo. The whole "Kiyondo" thing didn't last very long, did it? Too bad, I would've loved to watch Taka take over the Crazy Diamonds.

Aoi's eyes aren't even lining up any more. Girl's seriously losing it.

Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011
It's her; in the trial ahead we'll discover that Aoi is a Transformer. The donuts are because her internal fuel synthesizer can run very effectively on lard.

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006
Celeste lookin' roughly all of the suspicious right now.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

Hifumi's body, discovered in the nurse's office...

Taka's body, discovered in the equipment room... I was witness to two nightmares, one right after another. No... They weren't nightmares. This is...harsh reality. The true nightmare is this reality, the reality I have to face every day. But still...

: Why...is this happening?

: T-Toko!? Don't tell me...! Toko, too!?

: Relax. She just passed out when she saw the blood.
: The blood...?

Oh, that's right. When Toko is, um, Toko...she has a fear of blood, huh?

: We've tried everything to get her to wake up, but no luck. Just leave her be for now.

It's like he said. I should just leave her alone for now.

Another hammer... Now it's Justice Hammer 4, and it's even bigger than before...! Is that "suspicious individual" responsible for killing Taka, too...!?

: But...why is it Justice Hammer 4?
: Huh? What do you mean?
: Celeste was attacked with Justice Hammer 1, then Hifumi was hit with Justice Hammer 2. But this time it was Justice Hammer 4. What happened to number 3?
: Ah--!
: ...What's the matter?
: W-Well, when you mentioned Justice Hammer 3, you just reminded me...

: Out with it. Do you know something?
: Actually...Taka's not the only one that's been killed. Hifumi's dead, too!

: Wh...!? Hifumi's been killed!?
: Y-Yeah...
: Which is why you came to get us... Then we'd better go check it out.
: Of course! Come on!

So Sakura, Byakuya, and I rushed out of the physics lab. But as soon as we were out of the physics lab...

: Ah--!
: Celeste? Aren't you supposed to be waiting in the nurse's office?
: S-Something has...come up.
: Yeah, I heard. Hifumi is dead, right?
: Well...that is not all. It is...gone.
: Huh? What's gone?
: It has disappeared...
: Disappeared...?

: Hifumi's body has disappeared!
: What...?

: What are you talking about? It's disappeared? Don't be ridiculous.
: ...Are you serious?
: What the heck is happening here...!? Everyone, back to the nurse's office!

I practically leapt down the stairs, nearly losing my balance. I reached the nurse's office, completely out of breath.

Music cuts out.

: ...!

I couldn't believe my eyes...

Hifumi's body was there just a few minutes earlier.

: It just...disappeared?

: ...Me and Celeste went to the bathroom... But we were only gone for like a minute! And then, when we got back...
: This must be the work of the culprit. They must have come and carried the body away. They must really be enjoying this... Enjoying the sight of us standing around, frightened and confused...
: We're all going to die here. We're going to die, just like those guys died...

: I don't believe this. I don't believe a body would just...disappear.
: First there were two murders, and now one of the bodies has been taken? This is...unnatural.
: H-Hold on! What do you mean, TWO murders!?

: Taka's been killed. We found him in the equipment room.
: I-It can't be! Taka, too!? It can't be... It can't be...
: NooooooOOOOOOO!!!
: Hina, calm down!
: We're all gonna die... All of us... They're gonna kill all of us!

: Then who might the next target be? Toko?
: Huh...?
: I completely forgot! She's still unconscious in the equipment room!
: You left her at the scene of the crime!?
: We didn't have a choice. She passed out, and she refused to wake up.
: So she is still unconscious?
: Wait, so you knew she was still up there, and said nothing? Why...!?
: That annoying little insect clings to me wherever I go... We'd be better off without her.

: Y-You bastard!
: Calm down. You forgot about her, didn't you? You have no right to blame me.
: Everyone stop fighting! Right now we need to hurry back!
: I can't take this anymore... I don't want anyone else to die!
: Byakuya... If something's happened to Toko, I'll never forgive you!
: Hmph.

We shot out of the nurse's office and bolted up the stairs, heading back to the 3rd floor. We ran back to the equipment room at full speed. And when we got there...

Toko!

: Thank God you're okay.

Music fades out.

But right away I noticed... There was something very different here.

: ...!

It was gone... Taka's body, which should have been right there...had disappeared.

: This can't be happening...
: Are we hallucinating all this or something?
: No...it's not a hallucination.

I know I saw it before. And what I'm seeing now...isn't what I saw before.

: Wh-What!? Are you saying...Taka disappeared, too!?
: Stop saying "disappeared." It didn't just vanish into thin air. Obviously whoever did this has hidden the body.
: But why would they do that?

: I couldn't possibly begin to imagine.
: Anyway, our costumed suspect is clearly continuing his crime spree.
: We gotta hurry up and catch him, before he kills ALL of us!
: Oh, I don't think you have to worry about that.

: Think about it... Who could possibly be responsible for killing and hiding these dead bodies?
: U-Umm...
: When Hifumi's death cry went up, everyone here was together on the 3rd floor.
: After that, we split up into two groups.
: And now this time, you all came here as a group from the nurse's office. In other words, the only ones who could have done this are Hiro and Kyoko, who are still missing.
: H-Hold on a second! Kyoko has an alibi for when Celeste and Hifumi were attacked! There's no question that she was in the dining hall with us!
: Hmph. You seem very adamant about defending her. Perhaps you are...in love?
: Th-That's not it at all!
: Well, anyway. Yes, I do accept Kyoko's alibi.

: Which means, the suspicious individual we're looking for can be none other than...Hiro.
: Which further means, there will be no more murders. The regulations are very clear about that.
: Oh, that's right...! There's a rule that says you can only kill a maximum of two people...
: As long as that rule is in place, there will not be a third murder. If they were to break that rule...

: I'd mince ya! Mince ya without a second thought! Mince ya, grind ya, turn ya into paste! By the way, did you know that fish paste can also refer to shellfish, like shrimp or crabs!? *leaves*
: ...Indeed.
: So since two people have been killed, there is no possibility of any more.

: You knew that from the beginning, didn't you Byakuya? Which means you knew Toko was never in danger...
: I still meant it when I said we'd be better off without her, though.
: Anyway, with that in mind, we can now relax and search for the two missing bodies.

The two missing bodies... Two people have been killed, and their bodies have been hidden. The only one without an alibi, the only one who could have done it...is Hiro. But...is he really the killer? And what about Kyoko? If she's not involved in this case, where did she go...?

: Hey, Makoto. What's the matter?
: Huh? Oh, no...it's nothing.
: Whatever. We need to find those bodies, or our little narrative here can't move forward.

: Very well. Then let us split up and begin searching.
: B-But...
: There is no need to be afraid. No more murders will take place during this case.
: I-I know that. I mean, I think I do. But...
: If you're still nervous, I'll come with you.
: O-Okay, thank you...
: No need to thank me.
: Then let's get moving. Yell out if you find anything.

Byakuya left the equipment room, followed by the others. I have to try and find the two missing bodies...

FPzero fucked around with this message at 07:32 on Aug 19, 2016

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received
...Shouldn't there have been a body discovery announcement for Taka?

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

...Shouldn't there have been a body discovery announcement for Taka?

That's rather curious. There should be but there isn't. Monobear :argh:

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

EponymousMrYar posted:

That's rather curious. There should be but there isn't. Monobear :argh:

Either both bodies were discovered by groups of 3 at close enough times that Monokuma just issued one announcement for both of them despite using "a" body... or someone was faking.

If there's only one autopsy then someone's gonna have a lot of 'splainin' to do.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender
I get the impression that whoever the killer is is relying on creating a state of confusion. That just might work.

Just Andi Now
Nov 8, 2009

Just caught this thread today. Since I just finished playing this game a couple of days ago, I'm just skimming the story sections, but I'm enjoying the conversation.

I was actually spoiled pretty hard on this game when the anime came out because some jerks put spoilers in SA banner ads, so I knew things like the Chihiro twist, the Toko twist, and even the identity of the mastermind going in. Made me actually buy the No-Ads Upgrade, I was so mad. Luckily, I've run into no such spoilers for Doggone Ron Paul 2, so I'll probably get around to playing that soon.

Looking forward to hearing more translation chat. Actually, if someone has a link to the old LP thread, I might check it out just for the big theory-crafting posts.

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

Either both bodies were discovered by groups of 3 at close enough times that Monokuma just issued one announcement for both of them despite using "a" body... or someone was faking.

If there's only one autopsy then someone's gonna have a lot of 'splainin' to do.

Can't do an autopsy without the body, but there's still one clue here

Taka's blood splatter have formed into tracks, presumably for when the killer dragged him away for corpse disposal, but Hifumi's splatter doesn't seem have them. Which is strange, considering his fat rear end would be substantially harder to move and would definitely require dragging.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

andipossess posted:

Looking forward to hearing more translation chat. Actually, if someone has a link to the old LP thread, I might check it out just for the big theory-crafting posts.

I won't link it because that'd technically be linking to spoilers but the original thread title in LPArchive pages is a link to the original thread. :) Be forewarned though that the thread is full of dumb newbies from tumblr etc. who regged just to read it so it's not as enjoyable to read through as you might think. Intriguingly moe~

orenronen
Nov 7, 2008

AlphaKretin posted:

I won't link it because that'd technically be linking to spoilers but the original thread title in LPArchive pages is a link to the original thread. :) Be forewarned though that the thread is full of dumb newbies from tumblr etc. who regged just to read it so it's not as enjoyable to read through as you might think. Intriguingly moe~

The first half or so of that thread -- about to where this current thread is up to -- is pretty great and I sometimes go back to read parts of it myself. The second half is a brisk descent into internet fandom madness.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

AlphaKretin posted:

Intriguingly moe~

that was the dr2 thread

gently caress, i know that?

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

: We'll begin our search for the bodies in the Art Room.

: We need to search for the bodies that have disappeared. What happens after that...

: Where could two dead bodies have disappeared to...?

*Rattle rattle*

The door must be locked...

: Nothing but the first Justice Hammer in the Rec Room.

: Classroom 3-A is similarly empty.

: Makoto...!
: Why are you just standing there? We need to get to the repository.
: Huh? You mean...!?
: ...I found them. Hifumi and Taka's bodies had both been hidden in the repository.
: I've already told Hina and Sakura. We'll go on ahead... *leaves*

Their bodies were in the repository...?

Are the bodies here somewhere...?

Up ahead is...the repository. The doorknob turned...! I guess it's unlocked. Then I have no choice but to go inside...

Music fades out.

So I opened the door. And when I entered...

...I saw...

:siren: CLICK HERE FOR VIDEO :siren:

The two bodies that had disappeared were right there. The smell of blood made me gag... What I saw before my eyes was unquestionable, unavoidable, unwavering reality. And then...I heard the announcement for a second time.

*Ding dong, ding dong*

: A body has been discovered! After a certain amount of time, which you may use however you like, the class trial will begin!

: And so here we are! Without further ado, let me give you all the next Monokuma File!
: I was going to hand them out when you found the bodies the first time, but I thought something might happen. It was really hard to resist, but...turns out I was right!
: Just hand it over already.
: Now, make sure to investigate with all of your mental might and prepare for the class trial! Okay, see ya later! *leaves*

No Music.

: Well then, now that we've found the bodies, all that's left is to uncover the culprit.
: H-Hold on... How can you be so...so calm...? I mean, they're *dead*, ya know!?

: Dead! Gone forever! They're never coming back!

: Awful... This is all just too awful!

Hina suddenly burst into tears. She clutched at Hifumi's lifeless body.

: Wh-Who would do this...? Why...? WHYYY!?

Large, wet tears fell from her eyes. The tears landed on Hifumi's cheeks. If this were some world of make-believe, that might have been when hifumi opened his eyes. But this wasn't a movie.

No Music.

This wasn't...

: Ng...
: He's alive again!?
: Where...am I? Cold...so cold... Is...winter coming?
: H-Hifumi! Wake up!
: ...Huh? Ahh...that's right... I remember now... Hope's Peak...
: Come on! You gotta wake up!
: Before...I'd met you...all... I'd met...you all...
: His memories are all blending together. He has nothing useful to offer us...
: Ahh...the light... It's... reaching out...to me... Like...the tail...of a comet...
: Hey, Hifumi! Who was it? Who attacked you!? Who tried to kill you!?
: Who...killed me...? That's right... I remember...their name...
: Y...Yasu...hi...ro...

His eyes closed. And they never opened again. Death for the second time... Absoulte, undeniable death.

No matter how many more of Hina's tears splashed his face...there was no second miracle. Reality set in again.

: This isn't some stereotypical fantasy world. Tears can't restore a person's vitality.
: You have no tears, do you? No blood in your veins, no calcium in your bones. At least you have your meat...
: You're just angry. Going out of his way to return, just to leave us with those unnecessary dying words. Now this game has become exceedingly boring.

: He said...Yasuhiro, right?
: Yasuhiro Hagakure... That is the only person he could have been referring to.
: And with that, the case is solved.

Assaulting people, and even killing Taka and Hifumi... And then going so far as to hide their bodies... A criminal that hides his face behind a mask, and uses a bunch of giant wooden hammers... Is that what Hiro is...?

: If it's true, I can't forgive him... No way can I ever forgive him! To kill two of our friends...!
: Anyway, it's about time we tracked down the culprit in our little life-or-death game here.
: Although...this time it's not all that life-or-death. The trial will conclude without much trouble.
: Yes, it does look that way.

It's going to begin again. We have to go through this...one more time. ...I have to accept it... I have no choice but to go through with this. To make sure everyone survives... I just have to do it!

FPzero fucked around with this message at 07:37 on Aug 19, 2016

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

This is getting WEIRD.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Taco Defender
Hmmm, it seems like Mononear can make errors and give out death announcements before someone is definitely dead.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Speedball posted:

This is getting WEIRD.

... You mean it wasn't WEIRD already? :crossarms:

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

Hmmm, it seems like Mononear can make errors and give out death announcements before someone is definitely dead.
There was the second announcement now and Monobears comment about waiting however.

Which means there was some funny business about this whole thing.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

EponymousMrYar posted:

There was the second announcement now and Monobears comment about waiting however.

I'm pretty sure he means Hifumi responding to Asahina's tears.

Zakrelo
Dec 19, 2015
Is it just me that thinks the "newest victims" camera was excessive for this? "Oh my god, they said the bodies had been moved there and YES THEY HAVE BEEN MOVED HERE."

Seems like Hifumi was saying "Before I had met you (here), I had met you (somewhere else)" but its trying to make you think he was saying "Before I'd met you-I'd met you(Delusionally repeating)". Makes sense, considering that picture of 3 of the dead people knowing each other(Chihiro, Mondo, and I think Leon?).

It seems too easy for the killer to be Hiro. I'd guess maybe the two victims have seperate murderers, or for something dumb, its purgatory and Hifumi had been killed by Hiro in his previous life. Or maybe, with Celeste going "Yasuhiro Hagakure... That is the only person he could have been referring to." it'll turn out that someone else goes by Yasuhiro.

Leif.
Mar 27, 2005

Son of the Defender
Formerly Diplomaticus/SWATJester
The policy of "It's never the first person you think" dictates it shouldn't be Hiro, but Hifumi being killed by Hiro in a past life, or in an anime game or something is strange enough to make, judged by the standard of "yeah I could totally see the game going that way."

orenronen
Nov 7, 2008

Yamada's original dying words directly quote perhaps the most infamous of Japanese gamer memes, "hannin wa Yasu" the culprit is Yasu (which is why there are a bunch of ellipses before he completes saying the name). Those exact words never actually appear in The Portopia Serial Murder Case, but did become an endlessly quoted mantra over the past 30+ years.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

So the west misquotes Star Wars and Star Trek, while Japan misquotes a murder mystery. Point to Japan? :v:

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Bifauxnen posted:

His death is the one that disappointed me the most. I really liked his character, and it would've been fun to see how he developed further. :smith:

Yeah, this is probably the character I feel like was wasted the most. :smith:

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received
He called an assembly before handing out Sayaka's murder file, and showed up for Chihiro's after everyone had gathered, so he's never been instant with them before. In fact, he seems to wait for everyone to show up first.

Almost everyone, anyway.

He did issue a dead body announcement for Hifumi, though, so I guess he really was revived from stone-cold death by the tears of a pure maiden.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

"I thought he was dead, he was only mostly dead, now he's dead dead, whatever close enough."

orenronen posted:

Yamada's original dying words directly quote perhaps the most infamous of Japanese gamer memes, "hannin wa Yasu" the culprit is Yasu (which is why there are a bunch of ellipses before he completes saying the name). Those exact words never actually appear in The Portopia Serial Murder Case, but did become an endlessly quoted mantra over the past 30+ years.

I gotta admit, naming a character Butler so someone can declare with his dying breath "the butler did it" is the way Hifumi would have liked going.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

First I'd better check the Monokuma File... "The victims were Hifumi Yamada and Kiyotaka Ishimaru. The cause of death for each was a blow to the head. It is thought that they were both killed with a similar weapon.

: ...That's it?
: Yeah, it's pretty strange. We got way less information this time than before.
: That is no problem. After all, the events of this case unfolded before our very eyes. We should know more about what happened than the Monokuma File could, anyway.
: Maybe...

: There's something else that's bothering me... Someone else has been missing for quite a while...
: Are you talking about Kyoko?
: Without a doubt, she has an alibi for when Celeste and Hifumi were attacked. But what if the killer wasn't acting alone? What if they had...an accomplice?
: An accomplice!?

: An accomplice!?
: ...What are you doing here?
: Don't be rude! I'm here to answer your question!
: What question...?
: You're talking about accomplices, right? I'm pretty sure I explained it before, didn't I? During the first class trial!

: Speaking of which, I'd like to ask the bear...if there *is* an accomplice, do they also become "blackened"?
: So you ask, and so I shall answer! Each murder is allowed to have an accomplice, but only the one who does the killing will get to graduate.
: So in other words, two people can work together, but one of them has no chance of profiting from it...
: Then there's no way anyone would work together, right...?

: So basically...you can be an accomplice if you want, but there's no gratification in it!
: So are you saying nobody worked together this time, either?
: Sorry, can't answer that! it would obstruct the free exchange of information between you guys. I just want to make sure you don't forget--no matter how much you assist in a murder only one blackened can graduate. An accomplice gets NOTHING!

: Then we only need to figure out who that one blackened is that did the killing, right? Just like normal?
: Okay, okay, let me take this opportunity to clarify the whole shebang. In this class trial, what you need to determine is...
: ...the one true blackened who devised the murder plot and put it into action!

The true blackened...? So just one person?

: Now it's down to the final battle between all of you, and the blackened! Good luck to all the contestants! *leaves*

So there can only be one blackened. An accomplice wouldn't benefit...

: Then I can't see any way Kyoko would be connected to this case, after all.
: You may be right...
: If that's true then...Kyoko, where are you?
: As long as she's not connected to the case, it doesn't matter. Let's get back to the investigation.

: I have absolutely no doubt that Hiro is responsible. But for the time being, I suppose it can't hurt to pursue further information.
: You know...don't you think we should consider a certain someone a suspect, just in case? I'm talking about the murderous fiend...Genocide Jack!

: Wha--!? I'm offended!
: Kyah!?
: You... When did you--?
: I've been looking all over for you, Master! When I woke up, you were nowhere to be found!

: Anyway! You there, milk sack swimmer girl!
: Milk sack...?
: Why do I gotta be a suspect!?
: Well, I mean...you *are* a serial killer.
: So what, I'm like a special guest suspect every time!? I have an alibi, you know!

: She's right about that... When we heard Hifumi scream, she was with me. And when the bodies disappeared, she was still lying unconscious in the equipment room. Plus, Taka's body aside, I can't imagine any way she would have been able to move Hifumi's body.
: Besides, I calculate every move I make! I'm not gonna kill someone when everyone knows what I look like!
: They don't call me the murderous fiend for nothing!
: That's not the kind of thing you should be bragging about!

: On another topic, should we post a guard by the bodies like before? We can't have them disappearing again...
: Hina and I can handle that. You don't mind, do you Hina?
: Sure. I'd be totally useless on the investigation anyway...
: Then that's that. Let's begin.

This whole thing is so strange... All but one of us has an alibi, so figuring out who did it should be obvious, right? But... Maybe it's just me, but I don't think it's going to be as straightforward as it seems.

: We can finally start our investigation. The lead-up to the investigation can get a little confusing though with all the running around and disappearing bodies so luckily, Sakura can help us by refreshing our heads on the sequence of events so far. It's a bit long but it does a good job of organizing what we know.

: There are many aspects to the incident this time. *Too* many, to be honest. Considering that, it may be good to look back on everything that's happened. Would you like my help?

> Yes

: Yeah, let's look back on things.

: This morning, only four of us met up at the dining hall--Hina, Kyoko, you, and myself. We waited for the others, but nobody showed up. So we decided to go look for them. It was around 8 o'clock when we began our search.
: And soon after we split up, Kyoko disappeared...
: After that, Hina found Celeste in the rec room, on the 3rd floor, then quickly came and got you and me.
: According to Celeste, she was attacked by a suspicious individual and lay unconscious for about an hour. In other words, she was attacked an hour before we found her. Meaning, just after 7 o'clock.

: Based on the picture Celeste took, we discovered her attacker was dressed in a strange costume. It was...Robo Justice. It also became clear that this Robo Justice had dragged Hifumi away.

: After meeting up with Toko and Byakuya, we began searching for the costumed assailant. We found an injured Hifumi in the library, on the 2nd floor. We took him down to the nurse's office, on the 1st floor, then resumed our search. But not long after leaving the nurse's office...

: ...!?
: What's wrong...?
: I saw a shadow! Something moving around at the top of the stairs!

: Based on Celeste's claims, we went back up to the 2nd floor, where we split up and began searching. Then, right after that...
: Celeste screamed. This time she had apparently seen the suspect on the 3rd floor. Hearing her screams, we quickly made our way to the 3rd floor.

: Celeste! What's wrong!?
: That was a rather...intense scream for someone like you.
: I saw him! The strange costumed man...! He ran off as soon as I screamed... I was blocking the stairs, so he headed further down into the hallway and disappeared...!

: And then...

???: Ungyaaaaaahhh!!!

: Huh!?
: Wh-What was that!?
: That came from downstairs! It must have been...
: Hifumi! He's in the nurse's office! This is bad! Come on, we have to go back!

: At that point, we decided to split up into two groups. Celeste, Hina and I went back to the nurse's office. Meanwhile you, Byakuya, and Toko pursued the suspect up on the 3rd floor. And when we got back to the nurse's office...

: ...we found Hifumi's corpse. Which is also when we heard the body discovery announcement play. I left Celeste and Hina alone and headed back to the 3rd floor to tell the others what had happened.

: But at that same time, we had discovered Taka's body in the equipment room. Which means Hifumi and Taka's bodies were discovered right around the same time. Because I remember hearing the body discovery announcement play right after finding Taka.
: And that's when I showed up and told you and Byakuya that Hifumi had been killed, right? Then you, me, and Byakuya all headed back to the nurse's office leaving behind Toko, who had fainted. But as soon as we left the physics lab we ran into Celeste, who'd just arrived to tell us something very unusual.

: Hifumi's body has disappeared!

: We hurried back to the nurse's office, to discover that his corpse was, in fact, gone.
: Then we remembered we had abandoned the unconscious Toko, and rushed back to the equipment room.

: This can't be happening...
: Are we hallucinating all this or something?

: This time, Taka's body had disappeared. So from there, we began our search for both of the missing bodies. And after some time...
: Celeste told us she'd found the bodies, and we all headed to the repository.

: And there we rediscovered the two bodies that had apparently vanished.

: And that brings us up to now.
: Looking back, things have certainly been very active... If you want to look back at the case again, just let me know. I'm fine anytime.
: We'll begin the investigation in earnest next time. Sorry if the flashback bars got confusing, there are just so many flashbacks that occur during this scene that it was unavoidable.

FPzero fucked around with this message at 07:40 on Aug 19, 2016

Buried alive
Jun 8, 2009
My instincts are telling me that Celeste is actually the mastermind and she conned 'Hiro into helping out. I mean..she found the bodies. She directed everyone at every step. She even found the bodies later on in the other room. It was locked first, then it was unlocked. Does she have a key?

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

: Now that we've gotten the case review out of the way, let's really start looking for clues to the murders.

There are hammers of all different sizes hanging on the wall. Although some are more like mallets... Mallets...? Could the Justice Hammers have been designed...using these as a model? Either way, all the hammers here have obviously seen a lot of use. They're all covered in debris and chalky stone powder...

: Wait...

For some reason...this one hammer isn't dirty at all. And it's...wet. Did someone wash it recently...?

Taka... He'll never move again... According to the Monokuma File, Taka died from a blow to the head. We found Justice Hammer 4 near his body in the equipment room. Is that what was used to kill him...? And there's a tarp laid out under his body... Did the killer use this to move Taka's body? That way, there wouldn't be any blood left behind while the body was moved...

Hifumi's big, cold body is laying on the floor... His... *really* big body. I mean, how on Earth was the killer able to move someone so big? From the nurse's office where he was discovered to here, the repository... All the way from the 1st floor to the 3rd... And all without anyone noticing it. How the hell...?

It's no good. I just don't get it. I can think about it later. For now, I have to finish investigating Hifumi himself.

If I remember correctly, Hifumi's fatal injury was also a blow to the head. Probably from Justice Hammer 3, which was laying on the floor in the nurse's office...

: Huh? Wait...

Something's...off about his body. Why am I getting this feeling...? Something's...different. Something about Hifumi's body in the nurse's office, versus his body right now...

...That's it! His glasses! When his body was in the nurse's office, his glasses were covered with blood. But now...they're completely clean. Does that mean...someone wiped his glasses off? But who would do that? And why?

It's a dolly. It doesn't have a handle... I saw this in the art room before. I guess it's used to move statues around. It's kinda awkward, but if you bend down, it's not too hard to use. Huh? But wait...

Wasn't this in the equipment room when we found Taka's body?

And look at the wheel... There's a bloodstain on it. So there's blood on the wheel of the dolly that was moved from the equipment room to the repository... What's the explanation for that...?

: Let's see what Byakuya has to say about the murders. He was sounding pretty disappointed earlier.

: Byakuya... Do you think Hiro really did it?
: I don't see how anyone could think otherwise. When the attacks and murders and disappearances all happened, every one of us had an alibi. And the last thing Hifumi said when he died...
: Yeah...he said Hiro's name.
: Then there is no room to suspect anyone else.
: Okay, but if he did do it... Why would he hide his identity with that weird costume?

: Maybe he thought that no matter what happened, he'd be safe as long as his face was covered. Because he's the fool of the century, you see.

I mean, he *is* kinda dumb... But do you really think that's enough to explain it? I feel like there's a clue hiding in there somewhere...

: And is that it? That's all that bothers you about the case?
: Well, no... There are a few other things. Like, why did the killer try to hide the bodies?

: They probably figured that if we couldn't find the bodies, we couldn't complete out investigation.
: But if that's the case, we found the bodies pretty easily, didn't we?
: Again, it comes back to the fact that the culprit was a moron.
: Is that really all there is to it...?
: The other thing that bothers me is...why'd they bother killing two people?

: ...What?
: Because all the rule says is, if you can kill someone and get away with it, you graduate. Right? So if you're the killer, your number one priority is not getting caught. But killing two people means more clues, more chances you'll get found out.
: Hold on. Perhaps... I see... So that's what that means.
: I-Is everything okay...?

: Don't talk to me as if we're friends.
: Huh? What's with the attitude?
: But...you have my appreciation.
: Thanks to you, I might have some fun with this after all. *leaves*

His mysterious words hung in the air as he left the repository.

: He talked as if...he'd figured something out. But if he did, would it have killed him to tell me what it was?

: Let's check in with Hina. She was pretty shaken up by all of this.

: Hey, um...Makoto? I've been thinking about something. It's about the repository...
: Huh? What is it?
: After Hifumi and Taka's bodies disappeared, we split up to look around, right? I was really scared, so me and Sakura stuck together. And we came right to the repository to, y'know, look around.
: But when we got here, the repository was locked. We couldn't get inside...
: It was locked...?

: And we came here as soon as the search started, so there's no way someone coulda beat us here... So if that's true, then...who locked it? And why is it unlocked now?
: I wonder the same thing...

The door was locked when the search for the bodies began, but now it's wide open... There might be some secret lurking in there... But I'll probably have to leave this area to figure it out...

: We've examined everything and talked with everyone in here so we can now examine the repository door before leaving the area.

There's only one way in and out of this room... Through the door that Hina said was locked before. There's definitely a lock on the door, but it can only be locked from inside the repository.

I don't see any way to lock it from in the art room...

: Hmm...

The door can only be locked from inside the repository. Which makes me wonder... Hina and Sakura confirmed that the door was locked after we started looking for the missing bodies. And the door is designed so that it can only be locked from inside the repository. In other words... When Hina checked it, someone had already gone in the repository and locked the door. When they were done, they unlocked it and left. Which is why it's unlocked now... But Hina claims that there's no way someone could have beaten them to the repository... So that certain someone...

: Hmm... There's gotta be a clue around here somewhere.

Maybe I should check somewhere else. There are some places I already know about... First the nurse's office, where Hifumi was found. Then the equipment room, where Taka was found...

: First stop, the equipment room since it's on the same floor as us.

Justice Hammer 4... The weapon that was used to kill Taka... The body was moved, but the murder weapon was just left here...

There's some kind of tire mark going through the pool of blood in the middle of the room. That reminds me... About the dolly in the repository...

There was blood on its tire...! Could that blood have come from...here?

: Which could mean that Taka's body was moved from the equipment room to the repository using the dolly...

Both rooms are on the 3rd floor, so that should definitely have been possible.

But even if the dolly *was* used to move Taka's body...what about Hifumi? Hifumi's body was in the nurse's office on the 1st floor. Even with a dolly, there's no way to get it up to the 3rd floor...

: That's still a total mystery...

Huh? This tarp... I feel like I've seen it somewhere before. And just recently, too...

: No Truth Bullet here, but we did get a whopping one (1) Monocoin!

: I was sleeping right here when the killer carried the body away!
: I'm super pissed I missed such an ultimately rare event!

: Nothing more to see in the equipment room. Let's examine the nurse's office.

: What are you investigating, Celeste?
: I am not investigating anything, precisely speaking. I am simply going around, seeing if Hiro might be hiding somewhere. What about you?
: Oh, you know...I'm just checking this and that... The main thing on my mind is how someone could have moved Hifumi's body.

: How Hifumi was moved, eh?
: When it disappeared, you were supposed to be in the nurse's office, right?
: Correct. Hina was not feeling well, so I stayed behind to look after her. But she seemed to be getting worse, so I took her to the bathroom.
: And when you got back, the body was gone?

: We could not have been gone for more than a minute or two, though.

Yeah, Hina said the same thing.

: So then, the killer was able to get in and move Hifumi's body in that short amount of time?
: It would seem so...

To carry off someone as big as Hifumi in only a couple of minutes is... I can't think of it as anything less than impossible.

It's just a normal trash can. Huh? Wait...there's something inside.

It's too small to be a handkerchief. It's...a glasses cleaning cloth. And it's got some kind of cartoon character on it... Augh, but it's also covered in blood...!

: Ah, did you find something?
: Yeah. There was a cleaning cloth in the trash can.
: A cleaning cloth...?
: And it's all bloody... Whoever this belonged to must have used it to wipe up some blood. But who would need to do something like that...?
: I haven't the slightest idea.

Yeah, me either. But I think it might be important...

Justice Hammer 3... The one that was used to kill Hifumi... Someone moved the body, but left the weapon behind...

A refrigerator... I wonder if there's anything to drink inside. After everything I've been through, I'm totally parched. Maybe just a quick peek...

There's a bunch of blood packets in here. For blood transfusions, I guess... It doesn't help me, though. I'm not a vampire...

: That's everything we can check in here for now. Time to head elsewhere.

: So this is where you were. I've been looking for you.
: You have...?
: I wanted to thank you for what you did. Not that you meant to, but you ended up making this little game of ours very interesting indeed.
: U-Umm...
: You should go to Hiro's room. Oh, and let me give you this.

"Meet in the dining hall!"

: This is the note Hiro wrote to get us all to meet up, right?
: You remember well.
: Well, the penmanship was pretty remarkable, so it left an impression...

: Anyway, this makes it clear, right? This is a trap.
: What is...?
: Hmhm. Things grow ever more exciting.
: Um...what are you talking about?
: I've already repaid my debt. I don't owe you any more explanation. Goodbye... *leaves*

Um...so he said to go to Hiro's room, but...what's waiting for me there?

The door is...unlocked!? I guess...I can go inside. Byakuya did say to go look. It might not be a great idea, but I'm gonna take the plunge...

This is Hiro's room. There's all kinds of weird stuff in here... Where'd he even get it all from? More importantly, he still hasn't turned up... Which means he can't really complain if I don't get his permission to search his room, right?

: The only thing to check in here is this stack of boxes.

I think there's something in the cardboard box...

It's...blueprints for something. And...

Some things made out of... It looks like cardboard, plastic, and...plaster?

: Is this...Robo Justice? And it's in Hiro's room...!

But wait... These blueprints...

Something about them bothers me... Hmm...

: Makoto! Big news! BIG NEWS!
: ...What's wrong?
: We found Kyoko!
: What!? I-Is she okay? Where is she!?

Music fades out.

: Wait, I wasn't done. There's more big news!

: Robo Justice showed up, too!
: Robo Justice!?
: It's Hiro wearing the costume!
: Anyway! As soon as you can, head to the pool, on the 2nd floor! *leaves*

To think Hiro and Kyoko would turn up at the same time...

: Anyway, I have to head to the pool!

I ran off to the 2nd floor as fast as I could.

FPzero fucked around with this message at 07:42 on Aug 19, 2016

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Taco Defender
Curse you Hiro! You rotten scoundrel won't get away with your heinous crimes this time!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Curse you Hiro! You rotten scoundrel won't get away with your heinous crimes this time!

How dare he clean Hifumi's glasses and get blood on the cloth! :argh:

• Locked thread