Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Speedball posted:

Though, maybe framing someone is required at this point, since the murderer not only has to get away with the murder but also get the wrong person fingered as the blackened.

Let's answer with primary sources!

quote:

: What!? Are you saying you're not gonna participate in the trial!? Only punishment awaits such blasphemy!

Attending the trials is mandatory. The blackened only graduates if they aren't discovered via getting someone else voted guilty in the trial.

Waffleman_ posted:

Also why is it Robo Justice instead of Justice Robo?! It's not a Justice, it's a Robo...t!

Justice in Robo form, obviously.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

:siren: Click here to watch this update's video. :siren:

: I've got it! Taka's wristwatch! See? Look. It broke with the hands pointing just past 6 o'clock.
: It must have gotten broken when he was attacked by the killer. Because as of last night...

: Hey! You! How long were you gonna keep us waiting!?

Taka's irritated voice pierced the air as he stared pointedly at his wristwatch.

: It's almost 10 o'clock, you know that!? Bedtime for all the little boys and girls!

: So if it wasn't broken after 6 last night, then he must have been attacked around 6 this morning.
: And that would be his official time of death.
: But if that's true, then he was killed well before Hifumi...
: And before Celeste was attacked this morning, which happened around 7.
: That's right. Taka was killed before any of the other incidents took place.
: That simple fact slipped past all of us. We made the wrong assumption about the order of events all because of those Justice Hammers.
: That's exactly why the culprit wrote the numbers on each hammer, and had them increase in size. That way, when we saw how they were used in each incident, we'd easily make that wrong assumption.

: Now, if Taka *was* killed around 6, then everyone's alibis for his murder go out the window. Because when he was killed, we hadn't met up in the dining hall yet.
: That may be true in the case of Taka's murder, but all of our alibis still hold true for Hifumi's death.
: That's right... With him at least, we're all safe...

???: Ungyaaaaaahhh!!!

: Huh!?
: Wh-What was that!?
: That came from downstairs! It must have been...
: Hifumi! He's in the nurse's office! This is bad! Come on, we have to go back!

: When we heard Hifumi screaming, we were all together. Except for Hiro and Kyoko...

: Then we all ran down to the nurse's office, and that's where we found his body...

: That's totally true! We're all in the clear!
: Oh, I know! They must've recorded him screaming on a tape or something, then played it later on!
: If that's true, where's the tape?
: I dunno.
: Don't just go makin' stuff up!

: Anyway, we all have rock-solid alibis for when we heard Hifumi scream. Since all of us were there together, clearly none of us could have killed him.
:And it does not stop there. There was also the moment when we discovered the body had disappeared... When his body vanished from the nurse's office Hina and I were in the bathroom together, while everyone else was in the equipment room, correct?
: And then there's the disappearance of Taka's body from the equipment room... At that time, we were all gathered together in the nurse's office because of Hifumi going missing.
: Well, don't forget, I was passed out in the equipment room the whole time!

: Wait, then what if Genocide Jill did it!? She could've dragged Taka's body out of there right then!
: Even if she could pull that off, there's no way she could have done the same with Hifumi's body. Because, as we just established, she was passed out in the equipment room when his body disappeared.
: Besides, I didn't do either of 'em anyway!

: In other words, it is impossible that any of us could have killed Hifumi, or moved either of their bodies. On the other hand, Hiro and Kyoko had disappeared. So they most certainly could have done those things.
: Hmm... So what now, Kyoko?
: For now, we can't get fixated on who did it, or we'll just keep going around in circles.
: So instead of "who" I propose we start talking about "how"... In particular, I think we need to figure out how Hifumi's body got moved.
: That's true. We searched everywhere, but we couldn't figure out how to explain his body disappearing. And according to what Celeste said...

: We could not have been gone for more than a minute or two, though.
: So then, the killer was able to get in and move Hifumi's body in that short amount of time?
: It would seem so...

: His body apparently disappeared in the one minute her and Hina took their eyes off it. But to carry that much weight from the 1st floor up to the 3rd, in that short amount of time...
: ...Oh man, yeah! There's no way! It'd be impossible!

Music fades out.

: Well, what if I told you there was a way to make the impossible possible?
: What? How!?

: If the dead body...were to move itself.
: Huh...?
: Th-The dead body m-moved on its own!?
: N-N-N-No! Not another gh-gh-gh-ghooooossst!

: I don't think it has anything to do with the occult. I think what she's implying is we thought Hifumi was dead, but perhaps in reality he was still alive.
: He was...alive!?
: Are you saying Hifumi wasn't carried out of the nurse's office, but simply walked out on his own?
: But I mean...we found his body! He was dead!
: Perhaps he was simple *playing* dead.
: That... It isn't possible...!

The idea that Hifumi was still alive... Is it really possible?

: Are you saying that when we first found Hifumi in the nurse's office...there's a chance he was actually still alive?
: No...it is impossible. Hifumi was dead, without a doubt.
: And you know that how?
: Surely you heard the body discovery announcement along with the rest of us...
: Hifumi's dead body had been found...and that is why the announcement was made.
: Are we really so sure about that? Maybe the announcement was intended to signal someone else's discovery...

But the body discovery announcement was only made once, that much I'm sure of...

: We only heard the body discovery announcement once when both bodies were first discovered and then again once they were rediscovered in the repository.

: It stands to reason that maybe the announcement wasn't meant for Hifumi's body after all...

> Shoot "dead body had been found" with "someone else's discovery"

: Was the body discovery announcement that was made really intended for Hifumi?
: Of course it was. The announcement played right after we discovered his body.
: Maybe, but that was also the same time that Taka's body was found.
: That's right. It wasn't long after finding his body that we heard the announcement.
: So there's a good chance we've made a mistake in there somewhere. I think we've confused whether the announcement was for Hifumi or Taka.

: First of all, if two bodies had been found, there really should have been two announcements.
: Maybe Monokuma simply got lazy and rolled them together into one...
: What do you say, Monokuma? Any comment?

: Well, it's a very sensitive issue, so I can't go into too much detail...
: But what I *can* say about the body discovery announcement is that...
: ...it's only broadcast when three or more people find a dead body for the first time!
: That didn't answer our question, man! We're asking if you're a lazy bum!
: No, actually, that was plenty.
: Huh?

: He said it's only broadcast when a body is discovered "for the first time." Which means even if we find the same body again later, he won't make the announcement again.
: If that's true, then why was the announcement made again later on?
: Huh? Later on!?
: Exactly. We heard the body discovery announcement twice.

The second body discovery announcement... The first time it played was when we found each body in the nurse's office and the equipment room... And the second time was when...

> When both bodies were rediscovered

: We heard it a second time in the repository when we rediscovered the two bodies.

*Ding dong, ding dong*

: A body has been discovered! After a certain amount of time, which you may use however you like, the class trial will begin!

: It didn't seem weird at the time...but it contradicts what Monokuma just told us, doesn't it?
: Exactly. If we were actually "re"discovering both bodies, the announcement shouldn't have played.
: Then in reality, when the two dead bodies were rediscovered, one of them was actually...
: ...being discovered for the first time!

: So when we found Hifumi the first time in the nurse's office, he wasn't actually dead yet... Meaning he wasn't actually found dead until we came upon him in the repository.
: And that's just part of it... There's one other thing that leads me to believe he was still alive in the nurse's office...
: Oh! Oh! I know! I know!
: Because he was super good at playing dead! Badda-bing badda-boom!

: That is the worst logic I have ever heard... But honestly, I do not think there's anything that can prove he was still alive.
: Okay then, let's take another look at the events surrounding the discovery of his body. Then it should become clear whether he was really alive or not.
: This whole thing is pointless...

There has to be proof that shows Hifumi was still alive. I have to find it and show it to everyone!

FPzero fucked around with this message at 07:53 on Aug 19, 2016

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

gently caress.

5 characters. Exactly as many as in the perfectly clear "Watch". On top of that, they could double the length of this Gambit for absolutely no reason, yet used the loaded, incorrect term "Schizo" in an earlier trial because of space limitations? :psyboom:

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

: Well here's one thing we do know... The first time we found Hifumi's body was in the nurse's office. And then, while me and Celeste were in the bathroom his body disappeared!
: And the next time we saw his body it was in the repository.
: But when you compare his body before being moved, and his body after being moved... Other than the change in how it was positioned, there was no notable difference.
: Then...was he really still alive?
: Of course not, it is impossible. This is ridiculous...

The reason I can say Hifumi was still alive... If I can just find the contradiction in these statements, I'm sure it'll become clear...

: Early in the investigation we discovered that Hifumi's glasses had been wiped clean. Why would that be?

> Shoot "was no notable difference" with "Hifumi's Glasses"

: In fact, there was one clear difference between Hifumi in the nurse's office and the repository...
: His glasses. That fact alone proves that he was only playing dead in the beginning.
: ...Perhaps you'd like to fill the rest of us in?

: When we found Hifumi in the nurse's office, his glasses were covered with blood.

: But when we found him again later in the repository they were spotless.

: And! I found the item he used to wipe them clean in the nurse's office trash can!

The evidence I found in the trash can in the nurse's office was...

> Present "Glasses Cleaning Cloth"

: It was a glasses cleaning cloth featuring a certain cartoon mascot! One look at the bloodstain on the cloth should make things clear. This piece of cloth was used to wipe Hifumi's glasses clean.

: And the mascot on the cloth is the same one that's on the digital camera, right?
: And whose digital camera was it? Hifumi's, of course...
: The character was...Princess Piggles, from "Demon Angel☆Pretty Pudgy Princess" I think...
: I highly doubt anyone but Hifumi would have brought something like this to school...
: I see your point. And the only people here who wear glasses are...

: I wouldn't be caught dead using a tacky piece of garbage like that.
: A few tissues is all I need to keep my glasses clean!
: Then there's no question--it belonged to Hifumi.

: Mm, mm... So what you're saying is...what exactly?
: What I'm saying is, the blood on his glasses was wiped away using his own glasses cleaning cloth.
: Even if that is true, it does not mean he wiped the blood off himself.
: But who would benefit from a clean pair of glasses, other than the glasses' owner?

: That's a good point...
: Then it must've been him...right?
: So let's assume that Hifumi was still alive in the nurse's office. He pretends to be dead, then when he's alone, he wipes his glasses clean so he can see... Then he stands up and walks out on his own two feet.
: And with that, the impossible task of moving his copious corpse...becomes possible, wouldn't you say?
: But then, if he was just pretending to be dead...

: ...what was with all that blood? Was it paint or somethin'?

: The fridge in the nurse's office contains packs of blood for emergencies. He probably used one of those.
: He figured if he was gonna play dead, he should go all-out! So he just dumped it everywhere!
: But he got crazy with it, and had to wipe his glasses off when he was done! God, what an idiot!
: And if Hifumi was still alive at that point, the disappearance of Taka's body is easily explained.
: It should be perfectly obvious who must have moved Taka's corpse...

The one who moved Taka's body was...

> Hifumi

: It could only have been Hifumi.

: While we were all gathered in the nurse's office, he went to the equipment room and took Taka's body...
: That also explains how the door to the repository got locked.
: The door was locked?
: Well, after the bodies disappeared, we all went looking for them, right? So me and Sakura headed for the repository. But when we got there, the door was locked!
: And the repository door can only be locked from the inside. Which means, when Hina and Sakura got to the repository, someone was already inside.
: And it could only have been Hifumi, who'd just finished stashing Taka's body there.

: He convinced us all he was dead, and when he saw his chance, he dragged Taka's body to the repository. So, Hifumi wasn't just another victim in this case--he was one of the assailants.
: B-But...that means he took part in the murders...!
: I...I just can't believe it...

: If you're having trouble, would you like me to show you one more piece of evidence?
: Th-There's more!?
: Oh, absolutely. The single biggest fact pointing to his involvement has yet to be revealed. You know what I'm talking about, right Makoto? The item he took off Taka's lifeless body?

The thing that Hidumi stole from Taka... Could it be...!?

> Present "The Note Hifumi Had"

: You're talking about the note Hifumi had hidden away, aren't you?
: A...hidden note?
: That's right. We found it stuffed in his pants.
: What!? In his...
: ...pants!?
: Hrm. Yes. His pants...
: Okay, well, forget about the pants for now. Take a look at what the note says...

"I found a hole maybe we can use to escape. Monokuma can't find ouot, so don't tell anyone else for now. Let's meet in the equipment room at 6 a.m."

: Ah! That's the note I was telling you about! The one that told me where to go!
: ...Huh? Wait, this one's a little different. In my note, it said... "Monokuma can't find out, so don't tell anyone else for now. Let's meet in the rec room at 1 a.m."
: I see... Then this note isn't the same one Hiro got.
: It's...not the same?
: In other words, the killer got in touch with another person besides Hiro. And that person could only have been...

> Taka

: That's right! Taka! The killer used this note to draw out Taka and murder him!

: Hello! Over here! Objection! Objection! I don't really understand what's going on, but...Hifumi had that letter, right?
: So whoever wrote it wasn't drawing out Tick Tock! They were drawing out Huffy!
: Ummm...just to be clear, Tick Tock is Taka and Huffy is Hifumi...right?
: Ugh, yes! Why must you ruin it EVERY TIME!?

Man, Genocide Jack is seriously scary! But still...I can't let her get to me!

FPzero fucked around with this message at 07:54 on Aug 19, 2016

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
Taco Defender
I get pretty annoyed that people keep forgetting the biggest proof of Yamada not being dead in the infirmary is because he wasn't dead when they found him in the repository either! He woke up briefly said a few words and then died.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

I get pretty annoyed that people keep forgetting the biggest proof of Yamada not being dead in the infirmary is because he wasn't dead when they found him in the repository either! He woke up briefly said a few words and then died.

Unless someone hit him on the head with a life hammer in between, yeah.

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Uh oh. Do I use Ariadne thread or Goho-M?

And Monokuma screwed up when announcing the body discovery, as Hifumi wasn't dead yet. The Anime had him wake up for his speech then die, and then the second announcement happened.

I guess that the premature announcement was supposed to indicate that Monokuma isn't some all-seeing entity, but I don't think that was necessary.

Kobold eBooks
Mar 5, 2007

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AN OPEN PALM SLAM A CARTRIDGE IN THE SUPER FAMICOM. ITS E-ZEAO AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START DOING THE MOVES ALONGSIDE THE MAIN CHARACTER, CORPORAL FALCOM.
I think the pure tears of an anime actually did bring him back from the dead for one last gasped sentence.

DialTheDude
Jan 12, 2014

PORK RICE BOWLS

Lipstick Apathy

BlazeEmblem posted:

I guess that the premature announcement was supposed to indicate that Monokuma isn't some all-seeing entity, but I don't think that was necessary.
It made me wonder early on if he actually had a tab on their vitals, but I guess that a body slumping down from something fatal is good enough for him.

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

and that person could only have been...................

Hifumi's Pants

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Procrastinator posted:

and that person could only have been...................

Hifumi's Pants

How could we have all been so blind to such a terror in our midst? We've found the mastermind!

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

: Huffy had the note, right? Then the person it was intended for must have been Huffy!
: But remember what the note said. What time did it say to meet?
: 6 a.m., I believe...
: The time doesn't matter!
: The note has nothing to do with Tick Tock!

The time mentioned in the note... I feel like that's the key.

: Taka's wristwatch was broken around the same time the note said to meet.

> Shoot "nothing to do with Tick Tock" with "Broken Wristwatch"

: No, there absolutely is a connection!
: Wh--!? What the hell are you talking about!?
: The note said to meet at 6 a.m., which is the same time Taka was murdered.
: We've already proven that using his wristwatch.
: But there's more--look where the note says to meet.

: The equipment room, right?
: Which is where Taka was killed. I see...
: So, Taka was murdered at both the time and place written in the note.
: I think that should be plenty to show that this note was definitely meant for Taka!
: Hmm...well, when you put it like that...
: No further objections! Kyeeehahahaha!

: Then someone used that note to trick Taka, just the same as me...
: Gh--! The culprit really is a cold-blooded monster! Telling people they'd found a way out...!
: But if they gave the note to Taka...what was Hifumi doing with it?
: Stuffed down his pants, no less!
: Most likely, Hifumi stole it off Taka's corpse after he died.
: Huh? He stole it...?
: Where's your proof? Go ahead, show us.

Proof that Hifumi stole the note from Taka...

> Present "Kiyotaka's Scrap of Paper"

: When I searched Taka's body, I saw that his lifeless hand was gripping a small scrap of paper. If I'm right about this, the sheet of paper this piece came from is...

: I knew it! It fits perfectly with the note we found hidden on Hifumi!
: Then Taka's scrap and Hifumi's note...
: Yup. They're from the same piece of paper.

: Hifumi had the note meant for Taka, while Taka's corpse still grasped a small piece of that note... There's only one way to explain it...
: Taka died clutching the note. Hifumi tried to free the note from his death grip leaving behind only one small scrap. Did I get all that right?
: That means Hifumi knew the note was important...
: Exactly. Which proves that he was an accomplice in the murder.
: Whoa...!

: Yeah, after seeing all this, Hifumi was super involved in this whole thing for sure! In fact...
: He was behind the whole thing! In FACT, he's still alive!
: ...Sorry, no.

: When we found him in the repository, Hifumi was truly and completely dead. The second body discovery announcement proves that.

: So then...who killed Hifumi?
: Whoever did is the mastermind...the true killer.
: He was killed in the repository, so he must have been killed not long after transporting Taka's body.
: So he must have been killed after Taka's body vanished but before we found both bodies in the repository...

: During that time, we'd all split up and were searching for Taka's missing body.
: In other words, during that time...none of us have alibis.
: Wait, but me and Sakura were together!
: Stop trying to steal the spotlight, ya stupid walrus!
: Who are you callin' a walrus!?

: Anyway, when they were killed bothers me too, but there's something that's been bothering me even more!
: And what might that be?
: The weapon they used to kill Hifumi!
: The weapon...?

: Yeah, cuz I mean...according to the Monokuma File... The way Taka and Hifumi were killed was almost the same, with them having similar fractures and all...
: But Justice Hammer 3 and 4 were still laying around in the nurse's office and equipment room, right?

: So if Hifumi was killed in the repository, the culprit woulda had to grab one of the hammers, kill Hifumi, then put the hammer back where they found it.
: But wouldn't that be seriously risky for 'em?
: ...I'm surprised. It seems there's some semblance of a brain knocking around that skull of yours, after all.
: Hell yeah, it's packed in there good and tight!

: He's right, though. I don't understand it, either. The Monokuma File makes it clear that they were killed using similar instruments... But if the hammers were already laying around those other rooms...
: So the question is, how could the culprit have gotten their hands on either of the hammers? Personally, I haven't a clue.
: So which hammer was used to attack Celeste? Number one or number two!?
: Those were accounted for in other rooms, too. And I don't think either one is big enough to kill someone.
: Um...then, uhh...

: ...Is it not possible they used a different weapon?
: I don't think is *is* possible! They were both killed with the same kinda thing, right?
: So then, what was used to kill Hifumi...?

The weapon that was actually used to kill Hifumi... The whole picture surrounding this case won't become clear until we figure that out. Somehow, I have to find the truth!

: What was used to kill Hifumi...? Was it Justice Hammer 3? Maybe Justice Hammer 4?
: Well, whatever it was, there's one thing we have to figure out. How was the culprit able to move around so freely with the weapon? How did nobody witness them carrying it?
: Sounds like a Justice Hammer 5 is about to make its appearance! Check out murdergear.com/hammertime for more info!
: Well, one thing seems pretty clear... The murder weapon had to be one of the Justice Hammers!
: And, uh...that's about it.

If the weapon used to kill Hifumi really was similar to the weapon used to kill Taka...

: We found that odd spotless hammer that looked like it had been recently washed in the repository.

> Shoot "one of the Justice Hammers" with "Spotless Hammer"

: The murder weapon wasn't a Justice Hammer at all. No, it was something completely different.
: But...seriously? A different weapon?
: Specifically, a hammer from the repository. The killer could have easily used that to kill Hifumi.

: Now, all the hammers in the repository were covered in flecks of grit and debris... But for some reason, one of them had been scrubbed clean.
: And the reason it had been scrubbed clean was most likely because it had been used to commit murder. If the hammer got covered in Hifumi's blood, of course they'd have to clean it off.

: I'd also like to point out that the repository has all kinds of hammers--big ones, small ones, and even some flat, mallet-like ones. I think whoever made the Justice Hammers used those as a basis for their design.

: If that's true, that would explain the Monokuma File's note about the wounds being similar...
: So Hifumi moved Taka's body to the repository, where someone then used a hammer to kill *him*.
: And whoever did that is the true killer--the one Hifumi was working with...and the one who betrayed him...!

: Hold on a moment. I still think it's strange to assume someone was working together with him. The way the "graduation rule works, there is no benefit to helping someone else carry out a murder.
: So the idea that anyone would work together like that is simply ludicrous. We talked about this, did we not?

We did talk about how there wouldn't be any reason for anyone to work together... At least, that's what we thought at first. But...

: Based on the rules that have been laid out for us... Even if more than one person is complicit in the murder...only the one who actually carried out the act can "graduate" and survive.
: Assuming the rule holds true, it is simply impossible that two people worked together on this.
: That *is* how the rule was explained to us...
: But that only really applies if there's one murder, right?
: In this case, however, there were two murders.

Is the possibility of an accomplice really that insane? Or is there some chance...?

: Our Truth Bullets are once again not very helpful. The reasoning behind why the answer is what it is require a little thinking but even on Mean difficulty there are only two Weak Points here.

: It doesn't take much to realize that you're supposed to memorize Kyoko's statement, even if you're not sure why you're doing it.

> Shoot "impossible" with "two murders"

: Since there were two murders, it's at least plausible that more than one person was involved.
: ...What do you mean?
: If there'd only been one murder, then yes, the idea of an accomplice isn't really worth considering.
: Naturally, if only one person can be saved per murder, an accomplice has no risk versus reward benefit.
: Risk versus reward...benefit?

: The payoff for working together--the reward that balances out the risk of taking part in the scheme. There's no point in being someone's accomplice if there's no benefit to you.
: However, if there *were* some potential mutual reward for the risk, then cooperation becomes possible.

: You're saying that two people could act as each other's accomplices to commit two separate murders.
: I think that's what the true killer told Hifumi; they would each have an accomplice for their crime. And based on the case's events, Hifumi would have been the first one to act, murdering Taka. They made him carry out the first murder so he couldn't back out of helping them later on.
: So in this case, there wasn't one single person committing multiple murders...
: Instead, each person killed someone, creating two separate incidents. And it only looked like one person because that's how the true killer designed it to look.
: A single suspicious individual, a similar weapon used in each crime, disappearing bodies...
: By creating one seamless set of circumstances, they made it look like one person was behind it all!

: The mastermind picked their target and managed to convince him to go along with their plan. And then, to avoid the "no accomplices" rule, they simply...killed their accomplice.
: Which, if true, means that betraying Hifumi was part of the plan from the very beginning.
: Th-That's just...awful! How could anyone be so cruel!?
: You think so? I can't help but admire its cunning. Still, their choice of accomplice seems...odd.

The effort made to convince us the two murders were the same. That was the main characteristic this time.

Kyoko must have noticed that fact from the very beginning... Which is why she said not to look at this as a series of connected events, but entirely separate incidents. Kyoko really is amazing. Although...when you think about it, she's almost *too* amazing. Like, it's almost unnatural how good she is at this...

: I understand how an accomplice could be involved, but then who was the one pulling Hifumi's strings?
: That's problem numero uno right now!

The true killer manipulated Hifumi to carry out a number of actions, and in the end...murdered him. In the debates up till now, the way the case has unfolded... When you consider all that there's really only one person who seems to fit.

FPzero fucked around with this message at 07:55 on Aug 19, 2016

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Naegi

I don't trust ourselves.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
Taco Defender
It was Hifumi. A clear case of suicide.

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

I personally blame Taka. Only his influence from beyond the grave could explain how incredibly goddamn suspicious lil' miss supposed-to-have-a-good-poker-face is acting

Zakrelo
Dec 19, 2015
Its not fair if they don't let you select the real killer. Clearly, this was all set up by Alter Ego to get the creeps off their back.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

The game is clearly giving us a hint with where it defaults to. Makoto is obviously out of the question and Hifumi has just been absolved in the previous trial segment, so by process of elimination the culprit must be that picture of Sayaka, having come to life. :colbert:

E: Actually does the game let you select those or does it skip to alive characters? If so, what does it say if you try to accuse them?

E2: I find her location cruelly amusing, actually. Makoto would have had his girlfriend/assistant right next to him throughout the trials for moral support... If only she hadn't betrayed him and gotten killed for it.

AlphaKretin fucked around with this message at 09:05 on Jan 30, 2016

Lacedaemonius
Jan 18, 2015

Rub a dub dub
I vote Byakuya, because he's annoying.

E: and also a dick. He's annoying and a dick.

EE: Oh and he's really haughty I should probably mention that. Like who the hell is he, thinking he's the hottest poo poo since sliced bread?

EEE: Also his glasses look stupid when he's constantly adjusting them.

EEEE: And he's nowhere near as smart as he thinks he is, just passing off or otherwise delegating all the deductions to Makoto.

Lacedaemonius fucked around with this message at 10:11 on Jan 30, 2016

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

It's clearly Jill. Every other character gets met with distrust when they claim they didn't do it, but everyone believed Jill the second she claimed it wasn't her. Surely the crazy serial killer wouldn't lie would they?

I mean the only other alternative is that there's been someone sucking the murderers dick this whole time and going "Oh, this murderer is so clever, we shall never figure out their dastardly plan!"

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received
It was Princess Piggles, I mean, she's no angel.

Well she is, but she's also a demon.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

poo poo, and I thought I had the most out-there joke option. :golfclap: I completely forgot Princess Piggles, uh... existed? :airquote:Existed.

Blastinus
Feb 28, 2010

Time to try my luck
:rolldice:
Crap.
It was FPzero. Abnormality led him to purchase this game.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

Joke Update #2

A bunch of readers posted joke accusations at this point and one thing led to another...

----------

Waffleman_ posted:

Naegi

I don't trust ourselves.
----------

----------

Ze Pollack posted:

I personally blame Taka. Only his influence from beyond the grave could explain how incredibly goddamn suspicious lil' miss supposed-to-have-a-good-poker-face is acting
----------

Zakrelo posted:

Its not fair if they don't let you select the real killer. Clearly, this was all set up by Alter Ego to get the creeps off their back.
: Oh...
----------

AlphaKretin posted:

The game is clearly giving us a hint with where it defaults to. Makoto is obviously out of the question and Hifumi has just been absolved in the previous trial segment, so by process of elimination the culprit must be that picture of Sayaka, having come to life. :colbert:
----------

Lacedaemonius posted:

I vote Byakuya, because he's annoying.

E: and also a dick. He's annoying and a dick.

EE: Oh and he's really haughty I should probably mention that. Like who the hell is he, thinking he's the hottest poo poo since sliced bread?

EEE: Also his glasses look stupid when he's constantly adjusting them.

EEEE: And he's nowhere near as smart as he thinks he is, just passing off or otherwise delegating all the deductions to Makoto.
----------

FoolyCharged posted:

It's clearly Jill. Every other character gets met with distrust when they claim they didn't do it, but everyone believed Jill the second she claimed it wasn't her. Surely the crazy serial killer wouldn't lie would they?

I mean the only other alternative is that there's been someone sucking the murderers dick this whole time and going "Oh, this murderer is so clever, we shall never figure out their dastardly plan!"
----------

alcharagia posted:

Well you might as well say a witch did it at that point. *ahaha.wav*

I refuse! There's no such thing as witches. Say it with me in red: "There's no such thing as witches!"

EponymousMrYar posted:

If there are no witches, there is nothing to balance the scales then. Which means the only thing that could do it in this witchless world is a Duck!

Curse those murderous mallards :argh:

alcharagia posted:

: So it was all your doing!
----------

Blastinus posted:

It was FPzero. Abnormality led him to purchase this game.

: Ah yes, surely this must be the answer!
: Wait, I---
: ...

: ...Huh?
: ...Well, this is awkward.

: Puhuhuhu...!

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I'm rather concerned that the LPer is listed as a deceased student. :ohdear:

FPzero fucked around with this message at 08:09 on Aug 19, 2016

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
I'm rather concerned that the LPer is listed as a deceased student. :ohdear:

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
Taco Defender

alcharagia posted:

I refuse! There's no such thing as witches. Say it with me in red: "There's no such thing as witches!"

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

If there are no witches, there is nothing to balance the scales then. Which means the only thing that could do it in this witchless world is a Duck!

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

EponymousMrYar posted:

: So it was all your doing!

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

You should put that and the Celeste hair "update" at the bottom of the OP. :allears:

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

: It was Celeste...
: Ah, so I'm the suspicious individual now, am I?
: Hmhmhm. I really do hate this kind of joke...
: A joke? I wonder...
: So what you are saying, then, is that I specifically chose to work together with Hifumi. The idea that I would choose to spend any amount of time interacting with him...

: That I would go within ten feet of that poo poo-for-brains! That lazy, worthless goddamn idiot!
: Ahem. Ah, pardonnez-moi.
: Just to be clear, there *is* evidence to support it.
: ...Is that so?
: It is. Throughout the investigation, there was a certain behavior that was common only to the two of you.
: Considering what we've learned so far, it only further proves that the two of you were working together!

What is it that only Hifumi and Celeste had in common...

> Encountering the suspicious individual

: The behavior they had in common had to do with the "suspicious individual" in the suit, doesn't it? The only ones who ever actually saw Robo Justice firsthand were Celeste and Hifumi.

Music cuts out.

: Shush. The adults are talking now.
: S-Sorry...

: As he said, only Celeste and Hifumi ever laid eyes on the costumed individual. If we accept that Hifumi was one of the culprits, we can't help but suspect what Celeste has said, as well.
: Are you saying everything they told us was a lie...?
: After taking Hifumi to the nurse's office, we all began our search for this individual, correct? And not too long after that, do you remember what Celeste said?

: I saw a shadow! Something moving around at the top of the stairs!

: We headed to the 2nd floor specifically because of what she claimed to have seen. Next, to draw is all to the physics lab, up on the 3rd floor...
: ...She let out a bloodcurdling scream.
: And when we'd all come to see what was wrong, what was it she said?

: Celeste! What's wrong!?
: That was a rather...intense scream for someone like you.
: I saw him! The strange costumed man...! He ran off as soon as I screamed... I was blocking the stairs, so he headed further down into the hallway and disappeared...!

: Once she'd done her job of getting us all up to the physics lab it was time for her partner to get to work.

???: Ungyaaaaaahhh!!!

: Huh!?
: Wh-What was that!?
: That came from downstairs! It must have been...
: Hifumi! He's in the nurse's office! This is bad! Come on, we have to go back!

: It was to get us to divide into two groups...so that we would discover both bodies at the same time!?
: In fact, Celeste was precisely the one who proposed that we split up.

: Then why don't we split into two groups?
: I'll lead the hunting party. That seems much more interesting.
: Very well, then Makoto and Hina, you come with me to the nurse's office. I will leave the capture of the suspicious individual to Toko, Sakura, and Byakuya.

: Well? If Celeste and Hifumi were working together, all those chance events suddenly become connected...
: And on top of that...that piercing cry of yours early on...
: That was to signal Hifumi, wasn't it? It was your way of telling him, "We're on the 3rd floor, everything's going according to plan." Why else would you let out a scream that could have carried across the sea?

: I've just realized another strange thing... When we found Hifumi in the nurse's office, who we now know was only pretending to be dead...

: I certainly was not expecting this. I did not imagine that Hifumi would be murdered!

: Celeste...you were the first one to say he'd been murdered. You wanted to make sure we wouldn't have any doubt in our minds.
: I-I don't believe it... Everything...the whole thing was one big act!
: Hina. You were with Celeste when Hifumi's body disappeared, right?
: Yeah... I was feeling kinda sick, so Celeste took me to the bathroom...

: ...Wait! Then that was--!?
: She wasn't worried about you. She just saw a chance to help Hifumi sneak out of the nurse's office.
: Each piece isn't much by itself, but start putting them together and the picture gets very ugly indeed.
: Wouldn't you agree, Celeste?

: ...I have no idea what you mean.
: Don't bother trying to deny it.

: You made one fatal mistake.
: ...Oh did I?
: I didn't even catch it myself when you first said it, but looking back, I can say that that one little slip-up was your undoing.
: Wh-What are you talking about...?
: I'm talking about what you said after Hifumi's body disappeared and we returned to the nurse's office.

: They must really be enjoying this... Enjoying the sight of us standing around, frightened and confused...
: We're all going to die here. We're going to die, just like those guys died...

: I remember he saying that too, but...I don't understand what's so strange about it.
: Then pay attention. Sakura, Toko, and I were first to discover Taka's body in the equipment room. Then Makoto showed up and told us Hifumi had been killed. So Sakura and I left with Makoto. Once we were in the hall, we ran into Celeste, and the four of us headed to the nurse's office. Now, the entire time we were together, none of us said anything about Taka being dead.
: Think about it--Celeste's comment doesn't make sense. It was completely out of place.
: Yeah, I see what you're talking about. Although I don't really get what it means...

: You hear that, Celeste? Everyone's having some trouble understanding. Could you repeat what you said?
: If you're really not the culprit, you shouldn't have any problem repeating it, right?

Byakuya said that Celeste's comment doesn't make sense... But what is he alluding to...?

: All I said was...
: They must really be enjoying this... Enjoying the sight of us standing around, frightened and confused... They must be positively elated... We are all going to die here. We are going to die, just like those guys died...
: ...And that is all I said.
: And that's all it takes to finish this. It's obvious, isn't it? What was so strange about Celeste's comment?

When Celeste said what she did, she shouldn't have known yet... With that in mind, what's so strange about what she said is...

: Yet again, our Truth Bullets aren't of much help, though the correct weak point is probably apparent.

: The bullet you're actually looking for is Byakuya's weak point.

> Shoot "those guys" with "so strange"

: That's right... There's no reason Celeste should have said "just like *those guys* died"...
: When she said that, none of us had told her Taka was dead.
: Exactly. And we didn't run into her until after we were all out in the hall. So there was never any chance for her to have seen his body in the equipment room for herself.
: So how did you know, Celeste? How did you know more than one person had been killed? And how did you know they were both guys?
: Because Kyoko had also disappeared, right? So she could have been dead, too.

: Hmhmhm...
: You all have such vivid imaginations, you know that?
: Imaginations...?
: You claim that I was lying when I told you about the suspicious person I saw...
: Then what about the picture I took?

: How do you explain this picture of the costumed villian dragging Hifumi away?

: I-It has to be some kind of setup, right? Celeste put the suit on, and then...then she used the camera's timer to...to set up the picture!
: Have you so quickly forgotten? You are the only one who could have possibly fit into that suit.

: Plus, I happen to know that this particular camera does not have a timer.
: In other words, it is an unassailable fact that this is a picture of Hifumi being dragged away. If everything I told you was a lie, how can this picture exist?

: Simple. Are we sure that's really a picture of the suspect dragging Hifumi away?
: ...What could you possibly mean by that?
: Surely there are other explanations than the one you've offered up.
: No...there is no other explanation.

Other...explanations?

If it wasn't a picture of the suspect dragging Hifumi away...the only other possibility is...

> Hifumi is dragging the suspect away

: It's *not* a picture of the suspect dragging Hifumi away...
: I would say it's a picture of Hifumi dragging the suspect away!
: Kh--!
: That's certainly within the realm of possibility.

: The one being dragged off in that picture isn't Hifumi, but the person inside the robot suit. We've simply been led to believe that it's the other way around.

: And the strange costume might only exist to lead us astray even farther. If you saw someone wearing something like that in this situation, of course you'd notice and be suspicious.
: Th-That's what happened! You put me to sleep and made me out to be the bad guy in all this!
: Hmhm. Hmhmhmhm... Eheh... Such a thing...

: ...is utterly impossible. Hifumi was dragging him away? Ridiculous.
: Is it? I don't think it's ridiculous at all.
: Then shut your mouth and allow me to educate you.

Celeste thinks she can prove that there's no way Hifumi was dragging the suspect away. But is that really possible...?

: You dressed me up in that suit after I passed out...
: Then you just draped me across Hifumi and had him carry my weight! You tried to make me look like the bad guy!
: Like I said--ridiculous. As you can see in the picture, the suspect is standing perfectly upright.
: If the person inside the suit was unconscious there's no way they could stand up straight like that.
: Then the fortune-telling idiot is the culprit after all!
: N-No way!

No, that's not right. There's definitely a contradiction in what Celeste is trying to claim...

: This goes all the way back to the earliest things we established in the trial. You can't bend over while in the suit!

> Shoot "stand up straight" with "Robo Justice Costume"

: No, even if the person inside the suit were unconscious, they could still stand up like that. Because that Robo Justice suit had a certain characteristic...

: You totally can't bend at the waist! Seems like a pretty obvious oversight...

: That's right! They totally made a mistake when they made it, so it couldn't bend at the waist!
: I'm not so sure that was a mistake... I think the suit was designed from the beginning to be used the way it was.
: Ngh...!

: Celeste and Hifumi took the suit they'd specially designed and stuffed Hiro into it.
: The point of it all was to make us believe whoever was in the suit was to blame!
: Ngh-gh-gh!
: Well then, I suppose this is checkmate...

Music fades out.

: Checkmate...? ...
: Heh...hehehe... Hah...haha...hahaha...

: Don't make me laugh, you idiot! What do you mean, checkmate!?
: C-Celeste...?
: Clearly, you want to cram me into your little "guilty" box. Well there's one little problem! Have you already forgotten what Hifumi told us as he lay dying!?

: Hey, Hifumi! Who was it? Who attacked you!? Who tried to kill you!?
: Who...killed me...? That's right... I remember...their name...
: Y...Yasu...hi...ro...

: When we asked him who had attacked him, his answer was quite clear, was it not? He said, and I quote, "Yasuhiro."
: In other words, Yasuhiro Hagakureeeee!
: W-Wait, but my name isn't really Yasuhiro! It's actually Taro!
: Your confusing statements don't make any sense. You're only making things more complicated.

: He did say Yasuhiro, but are we sure he was really pointing the finger at Hiro?
: What the hell are you talking about!? I'll burn you alive!
: Kyoko...what do you mean by that?
: Think back to how Hifumi used to talk to us... How did he refer to each of us?

> He said people's last names

: ...That's right! Our last names He called us all by our last names!
: Exactly. I know I heard him say "Mr. Naegi" more than once, for example.
: So if Hifumi *did* mean to say Hiro's name, he would have said his last name--Hagakure.

: I'm sure it was just incidental--by chance he just--his first name...!
: Indecent...?
: Don't talk.

: Random chance... Now isn't that a convenient explanation?
: No, there's no reason to think he would have said the name any different than normal. But he must have run out of energy before he could say any more.
: So Hifumi was trying to tell us the last name of whoever killed him...?

Music fades out.

: But the name he said doesn't apply to anyone here...
: Well, no, hold on...there's one person it *could* apply to... And that's Celeste. She never actually told us what her real name is...
: Wh...? What did you just say? To think you'd take your false accusations so far... I don't know whether to laugh of spit...
: Come on! Enough with your idiotic blather! Yasuhiro is a loser's name! Do I look like a loser to you!?

: Well!? Dooooo I!? What!? I think I've earned the right to be a little on edge!
: Okay, then fill us in... What's your real name?
: Fine! Make sure your ear holes are wiiiiiiide open and listen up! My real name is Celestia Ludenburg! Could you PLEASE stop making me repeat myself over and over again!?

Celeste still won't give up. So then... I have to do something to make her accept it!

-----

: Quick side note about a detail I love: If you haven't been watching the videos or listening to any of the audio tracks or conversations in the game, Celeste speaks with an accent during the whole game. During this trial though, as soon as she starts yelling and her portraits become exaggerated, her accent totally disappears. At one point she tries to put it back on but she's barely maintaining it through her anger so you can tell she's basically been faking the accent the whole game. I don't know why I like this detail so much but I do and I wanted to share that.
: Stay tuned, the trial conclusion is next!

FPzero fucked around with this message at 08:13 on Aug 19, 2016

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Byakuya is such a shameless rear end in a top hat. It's great.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received
You were right about the accent, she slips in and out mid-sentence sometimes.

SloppyDoughnuts
Apr 9, 2010

I set fire to the rain watched it pour as I touched your face
Wow the voice acting in this game seems to be IMPROVING as it goes. Normally if voice acting changes it degrades as actors get lazy/tired and break down, but this is the opposite. At the start of the game all the voice actors just sounded so bored and misdirected but as each trial comes they all get better and better performed.

Lacedaemonius
Jan 18, 2015

Rub a dub dub
So what *was* "those guys" originally? The only thing I can think of is 彼ら, but given the weird nature of plurality in Japanese I have no idea if that would fit at all. In fact, iirc that's the term not just for male only plural, but also mixed male and female and while "those guys" doesn't necessarily carry the male only connotation I can't think of any other natural English phrase that does. idk

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Lacedaemonius posted:

So what *was* "those guys" originally? The only thing I can think of is 彼ら, but given the weird nature of plurality in Japanese I have no idea if that would fit at all. In fact, iirc that's the term not just for male only plural, but also mixed male and female and while "those guys" doesn't necessarily carry the male only connotation I can't think of any other natural English phrase that does. idk

I checked the LP archive and all I got was that Oren translated it basically the same way ("the guys", or "them" before he realised the masculinity of the pronoun was mentioned in the trial). He'd have to comment on the original Japanese.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

SloppyDoughnuts posted:

Wow the voice acting in this game seems to be IMPROVING as it goes. Normally if voice acting changes it degrades as actors get lazy/tired and break down, but this is the opposite. At the start of the game all the voice actors just sounded so bored and misdirected but as each trial comes they all get better and better performed.

The game ramps up in intensity so it seems that the actors actually get into their roles more as the characters ramp up in their expressions. At the beginning they're just ho hum and fairly drab but the stakes increase quite a bit.

The direction may have also increased in quality due to this (and them learning how to properly direct things on-the-go)

Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011
The second non-stop debate section in this update has some... interesting white noise going on.

quote:

Have we reached the endgame?

So this is how you guys...

Believing your friends...

Killing your friends...

Doubting your friends...

Over and over and over...

I've arrived at the truth!

The truth of punishment!

Puhuhuhu...!

That bear's just loving this poo poo.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

: Hifumi was trying to tell us something... He wanted us to know the killer's last name--Yasukiro.
: If there's one person here who might have that last name...
: It would have to be you, Celeste. You haven't told anyone what your real name is.
: How many times do I have to tell you...? My...name...is...
: Celestia Ludenburg, goddammit!
: How long do you plan to go on pretending...?
: I'm not pretending. It's the truth! And since you have no way to contradict me...
: That's the only truth there is! Moron!

Isn't there any way to make her face the truth...?

: "There may come a point, however, where a handbook may play a role." Thanks for being psychic, Kyoko!

> Shoot "no way to contradict me" with "e-Handbook"

: That's it...! The handbook!
: What!?
: Any time you turn your handbook on, it shows the owner's name when it boots up, right? Monokuma told us all about it before!

: This handbook is absolutely vital to a healthy school life, so don't lose it! When you start it up, it will display your name. Always make sure you have the right one! Now, this is not your everyday notebook. It has so many more uses than that!

: So all we have to do is check her handbook and that'll clear up everything.
: That's how we can find out Celeste's real name!

: Th-That's an invasion of privacy! I-I refuse to cooperate!
: Celeste... Can you please just tell us what really happened?

: Please, just tell us...

: Even when I'm put in check, it's just my nature not to give up. Because...
: Because, because...because because because because because because--!

: Until the game's over, you never know what might happen!

: Fine then. Let me settle it. Let me go over the case again, from the beginning, and shed light on all your crimes.
: And that'll bring everything to an end!

: The killer is...you!
: (Don't forget to read right to left!)

: Before anything, the killer persuaded someone to help carry out the murder. And that person was...

: ...Hifumi. With an accomplice, the killer was able to execute a number of otherwise impossible schemes.

: First, they convinced someone to meet them in the rec room last night at one in the morning.

: That "someone" they met with was Hiro. The murderous duo intended to pass Hiro off as the prime suspect. So when they met up with him...

: ...they drugged him, knocked him out, and stuffed him into the Robo Justice suit.

: Next, Hifumi positioned himself to make it look like Robo Justice was attacking him, while the killer used a digital camera to take pictures of the "assault." They did all this just to create evidence that would put the suspicion on Hiro. When they were done with him, they shoved him, still unconscious, into the pool room locker.

: And then finally, at 6 a.m., they moved into the "murder" phase of their plan. They called Taka to the equipment room.

: And that's where Hifumi killed him, making it the scene of the first murder.

: The murder weapon was "Justice Hammer 4," which was left there in the equipment room. The reason hammer number 4 was used was to create confusion about the order of the crimes.

: So, next they falsified two more assault incidents. For these attacks, the killers pretended to be the victims, to solidify Robo Justice as the suspect... The first fake incident was the attack in the rec room. There, the killers wanted us to see Justice Hammer 1 and the Robo Justice pictures they'd taken. They wanted to make sure we bought the "surprise attack" story.

: The second fake incident was the attack in the library. This time, they planted Justice Hammer 2 and "injured" Hifumi to sell us that story. With these two incidents, the killers were able to create a certain preconception in our minds that the suspect was increasing the size of the hammers and attacking people in order as they did. We fell right into their trap and started looking for the suspect based on that, but...

: ...while we did that, we left Hifumi alone in the nurse's office. This was exactly what Hifumi was hoping for.

: He took a blood packet from the refrigerator and Justice Hammer 3 and turned the room into a crime scene, in which he himself had apparently been brutally murdered.

: He let out a scream to draw us back, and when we returned, that's what we found.

: Meanwhile, the other group that had been out searching found Taka's body at the same time. So when we heard the body discovery announcement, we naturally assumed it was for Hifumi.

: We left the nurse's office, and Hifumi once again took advantage of the situation. He simply got up and made his escape. When we learned his body had disappeared, we all rushed back to the nurse's office. And once again, Hifumi had the chance he was waiting for. This time, he snuck into the equipment room...

: He wrapped Taka's body in a tarp and used the dolly to move it all the way down to the repository. That explains how each of the bodies disappeared.

: But even Hifumi didn't know what the true killer had in mind for their final act...

: Their plan all along was to kill Hifumi and get rid of the one person who could betray them. And they did it using an ordinary, everyday hammer from the repository. That should cover everything that happened in this case. And the villain behind it all is...

: Celeste! Sorry, you lose!

: I...lost? I lost...!? When was the last time...I was forced to utter such words?
: They hang heavy around my neck...
: Then you admit it? You're the killer?
: Hm. Heh... Listen to you, trying to take charge. As if you're my private instructor... I, Celestia Ludenburg--actually, no...

: Taeko Yasuhiro is fine...
: Taeko...?
: So, you've finally accepted it.
: I'm the kind of person, once I've lost, I don't like things to drag on.
: Interesting...

: Okay, Monokuma. I'm ready to begin. Or, no...
: I suppose this is the end, isn't it?

: Hmm. Hmm. It is indeed the moment we've all been waiting for! Time to vote! Okay? Okay! If you would, please locate your lever and cast your vote!
: And when the votes are tallied...who will become the blackened!?

: Will you make the right choice, or the dreadfully wrong one? What's it gonna be? What's it gonna beeee!?

FPzero fucked around with this message at 08:15 on Aug 19, 2016

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

Man, I forgot how much they exaggerate Hifumi in these comic sections.

Makes it seem like the comedy in the Clue movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

FPzero posted:

: Even when I'm put in check, it's just my nature not to give up. Because...
: Because, because...because because because because because because--!
: Until the game's over, you never know what might happen!

I'm pretty sure everyone would've voted her as the guilty party at this point, even without the Climax Inference. :v:

• Locked thread