Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TCat
Oct 10, 2012

I'll save you the time and call myself a loser

FPzero posted:

I don't think it will be a big deal now. Back when orenronen did this game, you have to remember that his LP was, as far as I know, the only place to view the game in English, since the localizations were not happening at the time. This meant that it brought all sorts of people from the far reaches of the Internet to SA to read it, leading to the hyper-frenzy that occurred. Now that the games have been localized, people can get their DR fix in many places online, if not play it themselves. I'm really not worried about a posting frenzy or tumblr invasion in here.

I don't need clout or anything. I just want to show off the game again with the official translation. :)

There was those fancreated translations but they had...really weird titles. Weird titles that NIS America decided to pick up and make slightly less stupid. I was never a fan of "Ultimate" instead of "Super High School Level" especially when they took the single word (or at least short title) definitive thing they are and then elongates it to fill the space missing from "Super High School Level" you get when you change it to Ultimate", and even more that's weird when you consider this isn't a game where they have to match mouth flaps or anything like it's an anime so the whole thing is weird there as an excuse. Ultimate Pop Sensation (seriously, sensation? why not star at least) doesn't roll off the tongue as well as Super High School Level Idol.

Sure either or is equally stupid and corny and that's the point.

Also I think these releases were around the time people started criticizing NIS America for inclusion of EPIC MAYMAYS BRUH, so I'm a bit wary on that point too, but not enough to straight hate it.

It's a good reason to follow something I dropped before out of being side tracked by other poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread