Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.

Sigil, known across the planes as the City of Doors, or the Cage. In Sigil, any plane you can imagine is just a gate away, assuming you can find it, and the key that opens it. But beware, all those doors open both ways, and sometimes they open without warning. Many a person has turned a corner only to find themselves halfway across the multiverse, that some curio from the marketplace was a key to a gate they'd walked through a hundred times without opening. And equally many poor souls have walked into Sigil the same way, confused and lost, hurting from the strange sights and horrid stenches that float through the city.

Sigil is ruled by the Lady of Pain, not a god, not a demon, not anything. Anyone who worships her she mazes, as she does to any diety that enters her city. Anyone who breaks her laws faces the same fate. People have guessed that she is a demigod, the greatest of the Lords of Hell, having seen the blood war for the futility it is, or possibly several squirrels in a costume. Nobody knows. Most don't care. She has power, and she abuses it less than most. They just fervently hope she stays far away, and do nothing to draw her attention.

You've found yourself here, in this city that is also a world that is also a cage. And now you have to try and survive it.

Planescape Mafia is a game of mafia for 16 players! It is themed on the Planescape setting, but isn't going to be all that related to Planescape Torment. Days will be 48 hours, and nights 24 hours. Lynches will be by majority.

In your signup post, I need a D&D style alignement ( a lawful, neutral, or chaotic and a good, neutral, or evil). It may or may not impact your role or the game. You may not even end up that alignment! But I want you to pick one anyway.

Standard Mafia Rules apply, including:
-No editing your posts
-No talking OOT about the game unless specifically allowed
-Do not directly post mod PMs. If you think something might be questionable, ask me.
-No spectator posts.
-No posting after hammer
-If you die, do not post in the thread (a contentless ghost post is fine)
-No encryption, no toxx, no truth or dare
-Do I really need to keep going?
-Seriously, just be cool. This is a game we play with internet people for fun. Treat it as such.

Players:
  1. Asiina
  2. CCKeane
  3. fiery_valkyrie
  4. garthoneeye
  5. Hal Incandenza
  6. imgay
  7. Kashuno
  8. King Burgundy
  9. Lumpen
  10. MC Eating Disorder
  11. Section 31
  12. SirSamVimes
  13. TMMadman
  14. Tommunist
  15. uranus
  16. VivaNova

Replacements:
Bottle Knight
Puntification

Recent Events:

Mithross fucked around with this message at 22:20 on Sep 16, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Section 31
Mar 4, 2012
Chaotic and evil.

Intended to destroy whoever shall post beneath this.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this
So many good games opening at once!!! ahhhhhh

put me down as a replacement. I loved Torment.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.
Lawful neutral thanks.

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I would like to play, according to this D&D alignment chart of Doctor Who's, Jon Pertwee is lawful neutral so I would like to be that please

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Lawful neutral thanks.

you fucker!

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

I'll play! True neutral.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Give me a Lawful Good.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

No you!

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Chaotic Good for me.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
drat it, I've gotta sign up for this game.

I'm chaotic neutral.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Slightly related to this game, I just finished reading the first two novella's for the new Torment: Tides of Numenara that is being worked on and enjoyed them a lot.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.

King Burgundy posted:

Slightly related to this game, I just finished reading the first two novella's for the new Torment: Tides of Numenara that is being worked on and enjoyed them a lot.

I should get and read those. I'm very excited for the game.

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
My only experience with this universe is trying to play planescape:torment while tripping so I'm open to any suggestions with where to start wrt books cause I haven't read anything in a while and I also really like getting into mafia flavour

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Chaotic neutral of course

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

MC Eating Disorder posted:

My only experience with this universe is trying to play planescape:torment while tripping so I'm open to any suggestions with where to start wrt books cause I haven't read anything in a while and I also really like getting into mafia flavour

That's a pretty excellent game to play tripping

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Ya it was really horrifying and confusing and I barely achieved anything so it felt like a real thorough microcosm of the trip and existence in general

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I mean this in a very positive way of course

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I mean this in a very positive way of course

Of course! It would probably be even better to be tripping and play the later parts of the game because there is some really dope writing in there as well as some super funky environments.

I think I may have played it on some sort of hallucinogenic too or maybe that game just made me feel like I was tripping I can't really remember.

Now I want to play again!

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I wanna say that chaotic neutral is the lamest alignment but I'm pretty sure lawful neutral is its main competition so I'll just shut my mouth

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I wanna say that chaotic neutral is the lamest alignment but I'm pretty sure lawful neutral is its main competition so I'll just shut my mouth

WHOA!

Way to be like "I will shut my mouth" after already talking poo poo.

It's not like you couldn't have just chosen to, you know, not post that instead of being all passive aggressive.

We are enemies.

:argh:

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

You're alright with me MCED, glad you could speak your mind.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

It's pretty cool how Torment handled alignments. You didn't get to pick, you just started off true neutral and your choices caused you to shift.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe
Can only phone post for the first week but put me down as a replacement pls

VivaNova
Sep 12, 2009

The most epic adventure ever undertaken
Hello.

~Lawful Evil!~

(I have no idea what this means).

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe
chaotic good as alignment fwiw

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

A quick overvier for the non-d&d inclined:
The first word is your feelings about the law of the land (basically sorta)
The second word references a rough morality

So lawful evil means you do evil, but you believe in the law (or some similar code). A bureaucrat, basically.

Mithross fucked around with this message at 08:34 on Sep 12, 2015

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

VivaNova posted:

Hello.

~Lawful Evil!~

(I have no idea what this means).

Yay Viva!!

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

I'd been happy, and I was happy still. For all to be accomplished,
for me to feel less lonely,
all that remained to hope
was that on the day of my execution
there should be a huge crowd of spectators and that they should
greet me with howls of execration.
Plaster Town Cop
Not complete bullshit, you say? I'm tempted. Days will be 48 hours, and nights 24 hours? I'm sold. And I like you Mithross. I believe in you.

Chaotic neutral.

This is my 2nd concurrent game, which I usually avoid, so if you have more than enough willing players I will volunteer to be bumped to replacement.

Section 31
Mar 4, 2012
That's a huge donut, btw.

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Alfrything is only the ghost of a memory...
Keen to play if this is happening and you don't mind me phone posting for the first day

Lawful good

TammyHEH fucked around with this message at 02:25 on Sep 15, 2015

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Tommunist posted:

Keen to play if this is happening and you don't mind me phone posting for the first day

Lawful good

It had better happen. I'll poke people

derp
Jan 21, 2010

when i get up all i want to do is go to bed again

Lipstick Apathy
hello. i am chaotic dumb.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

uranus posted:

hello. i am chaotic dumb.

So recorded.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm Sonic the Hedge hog aligned

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
leggo

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
True Neutral pls.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Okay I'll play.

Chaotic Good.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Hello confirming that I am morte.

Clearly my alignment is chaotic good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Hooray, that's everyone!

I'm just finishing up the flavor now, I'll get role PMs out in the next half hour or so.

• Locked thread