Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Kashuno posted:

ctrl+f madman's posts on Keane, and I think they're both scum. TMM probably killed Hal last night as he is the dabus.

Kashuno posted:

Well I can't get anything right this game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Won't stop me from trying.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
In fact, you haven't really acted like typical TMM town this game. I'm becoming more and more sure that you two are scumbros.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Wait, so Hal was a cop? Did he leave any breadcrumbs?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

King Burgundy posted:

Wait, so Hal was a cop? Did he leave any breadcrumbs?

The best we can do is go after keane or SSV since Hal seemed to think those two are the scummiest. He spent most D3 voting for SSV.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Yeah, if he actually had a read on anyone in the game, he hid it too well. He was very vague about Keane, and much more strong about SSV, but he didn't lead off the day with it I don't think.

I agree with him about SSV, so I'm fine with that for the day.

##vote SSV

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

TMMadman posted:

Hey I didn't even really want to vote imgay yesterday. I started thinking he was town and soft claiming but Hal made a giant stink about it (we obviously know why now) and got is us all to go after imgay instead.

I went down to the wire thinking we should lynch Kash first.

What do you mean by this?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Kashuno posted:

ctrl+f madman's posts on Keane, and I think they're both scum. TMM probably killed Hal last night as he is the dabus.

Are you a dabus, TMM?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Kashuno posted:

In fact, you haven't really acted like typical TMM town this game.

I also agree with this. You've been different this game then the past few games I've played with you where I was scum and you were town.

Do you think you've been playing differently?

----

##unvote

Looking at player counts, we might be near end game.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

King Burgundy posted:

Are you a dabus, TMM?

I am not a dabus.

King Burgundy posted:

What do you mean by this?

This post by Hal:

Hal Incandenza posted:

TMM here are my issues with all this:

1) You are acting like I was all over Kash as scum. I read Kash and said I didn't think he was very scummy for the most part, he had one post I didn't like and I would vote him over garth if it came to it. At no point did I say "Kash is a top scumpick for me"

2) You are positing that I was around and super engaged and should have moved votes around to tie people up (again, I didn't think either of those choices was particularly likely to hit scum) but as I had said at the time I was in the middle of a work day and I don't work in front of a computer. All my posting was on my phone as I moved around from place to place and I was barely able to follow along and certainly wasn't following the vote count closely at all so I had no idea moving a vote would tie things up even if that is what I wanted to do.

3) You're also implying we all should have KNOWN garth would flip town, but guess what I know that in Mafia even the best town is wrong more than half the time and multiple people had stated that they thought I was way off base. Hell, if garth had flipped scum you and everyone else would be all over me for jumping on at the last minute. I moved my vote where it was clear the majority wanted it.

4) You're also way overselling the "time was left!" aspect of things. 20-25 minutes is not all that much, ALL the momentum was on garth, people were clamoring for his hammer and no matter what you say even if I had voted Kash at that point the likelihood of 5 more people moving over (and they would have to be 5 town by your own theory that Kash is scum) is super unlikely, especially since I question if there were five more active people even around at that point. All I would be doing is increasing the chances for there to be no kill at all. As you pointed out, I didn't even HAVE to hammer, someone else probably would have done it in the next couple minutes if I hadn't. There was almost no chance whatsoever anyone else was getting killed by the time I hammered no matter how you want to spin it.

5) AGAIN AGAIN AGAIN your entire case is predicated on SOMEONE ELSE being scum that hasn't flipped. If Kash is town what is your theory than on why I did it? Going after me before Kash makes absolutely no sense. It's fine if you want to case me and make some connections if someone else flips, but there is no way I should be your vote if your entire case is based on another player being scum.

The fact that you are pushing this thin agenda above anything else is really suspicious.

It's a pretty hard defense of himself. When imgay flipped town, I was sure that Hal was going to flip scum because this post felt a little panicked. But it's clear now that any panic I read into the post is because he was the cop and not scum.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

TMMadman posted:

I am not a dabus.

Kash, is it worth sharing now why you think TMM is a dabus?

TMMadman posted:

This post by Hal:

It's a pretty hard defense of himself. When imgay flipped town, I was sure that Hal was going to flip scum because this post felt a little panicked. But it's clear now that any panic I read into the post is because he was the cop and not scum.

Ahh, ok, that makes sense.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

King Burgundy posted:

Kash, is it worth sharing now why you think TMM is a dabus?

~gut~

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

King Burgundy posted:

I also agree with this. You've been different this game then the past few games I've played with you where I was scum and you were town.

Do you think you've been playing differently?

----

##unvote

Looking at player counts, we might be near end game.

Not particularly.

I admit I didn't go hard out of the gate but I had just come from 3 straight games of getting pressured hard on D1 and two of those games ended with me dying on N1. So I was probably a bit gunshy at the start.

Those games also had people telling me I need to play different because I tunnel or act way too scummy. So right now I feel like you're telling me I'm damned if I do and damned if I don't.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

TMMadman posted:

Not particularly.

I admit I didn't go hard out of the gate but I had just come from 3 straight games of getting pressured hard on D1 and two of those games ended with me dying on N1. So I was probably a bit gunshy at the start.

Those games also had people telling me I need to play different because I tunnel or act way too scummy. So right now I feel like you're telling me I'm damned if I do and damned if I don't.

Nope. That is exactly what I was looking for. I was curious if you had deliberately changed your posting.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

TMMadman posted:

Not particularly.

iirc you were scum in Port Lourde ya?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

King Burgundy posted:

Nope. That is exactly what I was looking for. I was curious if you had deliberately changed your posting.

Fair enough. I think the only real difference is that I didn't come out of the gate hard. Well I sort of did when I pushed at lumpen in D1, but I didn't stick with it because it gets tiring constantly defending yourself on D1.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.
Just realized I didn't post the rest of the flip on Hal. I'm going back to edit the post now.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I seem to remember you being more toned down in Port Lourde, but I'll have to go back and give a reread of that to be sure.

also d1 defending yourself is my favorite part of the game :v:

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Mithross posted:

Only one person doesn't awaken this morning. It feels wrong, to be relieved that one of your neighbors is dead, but you can't help yourself. It was only one, and it wasn't you.

Hal Incandenza, Lawful Neutral Cop, was killed night 3

quote:

Flavor: "Justice is everything" You are a Mercykiller, beloved of Justice, and you will find and root out those who defy the laws that bind men together, for only with proper punishment can perfection be achieved.

Win Condition: You win if all threats to the town are eliminated

It is now Day 4

Hmmm, so Hal was a Mercykiller. Maybe he was a combined cop/vig of some sort and if he found bad guys he'd kill them? Would start to explain the 3 kills on N2 if Hal investigated/killed Asiina.

http://torment.wikia.com/wiki/Mercykillers

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

King Burgundy posted:

It is now Day 4

Hmmm, so Hal was a Mercykiller. Maybe he was a combined cop/vig of some sort and if he found bad guys he'd kill them? Would start to explain the 3 kills on N2 if Hal investigated/killed Asiina.

http://torment.wikia.com/wiki/Mercykillers
[/quote]

But Asiina was Chaotic Good aligned. If Hal was able to kill people then I think it's more likely he investigated Lumpen since Lumpen was Lawful Evil.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

TMMadman posted:

But Asiina was Chaotic Good aligned. If Hal was able to kill people then I think it's more likely he investigated Lumpen since Lumpen was Lawful Evil.

Well, they go after people who commit crimes. So in the context of mafia I'm assuming it would mean bad 3p/scum. But even if we think it's based on alignment, Lumpen was lawful. He wouldn't be committing crimes. Asiina was Chaotic, she would be. :)

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

So I am at a wedding this weekend but Kash can you claim your alignment?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

King Burgundy posted:

Well, they go after people who commit crimes. So in the context of mafia I'm assuming it would mean bad 3p/scum. But even if we think it's based on alignment, Lumpen was lawful. He wouldn't be committing crimes. Asiina was Chaotic, she would be. :)

I guess it doesn't matter either way though. I just like the thought of one of the killers being accounted for. Thinking about it more I can see Lumpen as a potential target as well. Would kind of suck for us that the miller would be offed by a town role like that, but maybe that was part of the balance.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

CCKeane posted:

Kash provided that in a response to you earlier in the game:

Kashuno posted:

Nah I just don't think my alignment matters for my role. I'm chaotic neutral.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Kashuno posted:

Nah I just don't think my alignment matters for my role. I'm chaotic neutral.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

King Burgundy posted:

But the lawful part actually refers to his own code of conduct and not actual laws. Lawful Evil is the 'worst' alignment because they believe what they are doing is morally right from their point of view. Lawful Evil will break laws they don't feel apply to them, like murder.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.
SSV or Kash are the only people I am interested in voting. We have been talking about them for days and they never ever get lynched.

##vote SSV

VivaNova
Sep 12, 2009

The most epic adventure ever undertaken

CCKeane posted:

I'd be interested in making the deadline Monday night, I'll be mostly out this weekend too.

Then again, I'm pretty sure I wanna kill SSV.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.

VivaNova posted:

I'd be interested in making the deadline Monday night, I'll be mostly out this weekend too.

I could be convinced to move the deadline back, if enough people are interested.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
##vote SSV

Can we lynch Keane next day?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

fiery_valkyrie posted:

SSV or Kash are the only people I am interested in voting. We have been talking about them for days and they never ever get lynched.

##vote SSV

These pretty much echo my thoughts. I'd still rather lynch Kash first, but given that Hal was voting SSV I'm fine doing it that way.

I'm just waiting for everyone to check in before voting.

VivaNova
Sep 12, 2009

It seems pretty likely that Hal killed asiina N2. He def didn't have a scum result on anyone since he spent most of his time pushing imgay.

He almost certainly wouldn't have targeted Lumpen, he was aware he had claimed miller.

I tried to figure out who Hal could have targeted N1. Its one of me, uranus, TMM, FV, Tomm, 31 or KB since those are the people he never suspects. Or he was blocked. He never says something strong like "I don't think ___ is scum" or "I feel good things about ____". So :iiam:

VivaNova
Sep 12, 2009

Ya know. It seems pretty likely Hal would have targeted SSV last night. And he's alive.....

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Kashuno posted:

##vote SSV

Can we lynch Keane next day?

I gotta say that I don't really like this vote or post. First of all, the NKs have been weird and I'm not sure where we are in terms of MYLO. Second, it looks like Kash is trying to set up a chain lynch.

VivaNova
Sep 12, 2009

TMMadman posted:

I gotta say that I don't really like this vote or post. First of all, the NKs have been weird and I'm not sure where we are in terms of MYLO. Second, it looks like Kash is trying to set up a chain lynch.

My understanding is a chain lynch is more like when the results of a mislynch are used to set up the next day's lynch.

For example: implying that imgay is softclaiming a cop result on Hal, lynching Hal, then using Hal's flip to engineer a mislynch on imgay D4.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

TMMadman posted:

1)I don't understand what weird NKs have to do with my vote.
2)This is not a chain lynch setup and it's really bizarre of you to claim it as such.
3) Are you scum?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Kashuno posted:

1)I don't understand what weird NKs have to do with my vote.
2)This is not a chain lynch setup and it's really bizarre of you to claim it as such.
3) Are you scum?

We had 1 NK on N1, 3 on N2 and 1 again on N3. That's weird as hell. One of the NKs on N2 is probably a vig, but the other two are most likely from scum and an SK. That means that we probably should have gotten two kills on N1 and N3 but it either got blocked/doctored. Or there's the possibility that the killers went after the same target on those nights.

Although thinking more about the numbers, I guess we probably aren't at MYLO. There's 8 alive and 5 to lynch, so even if we mislynch today and there are 2 NKs, we'd be at 6 alive and 4 to lynch.

It still feels like a chain lynch to me. I'll get over it.

No I am not scum.

VivaNova
Sep 12, 2009

TMMadman posted:

We had 1 NK on N1, 3 on N2 and 1 again on N3. That's weird as hell. One of the NKs on N2 is probably a vig, but the other two are most likely from scum and an SK. That means that we probably should have gotten two kills on N1 and N3 but it either got blocked/doctored. Or there's the possibility that the killers went after the same target on those nights.

Something about the words "mercykiller" "red death" and "executioner" in the thing KB linked makes me fairly confident Hal could kill non-towns. While you could be right, in terms of 'most likely' it feels legit to posit that he offed Asii N2.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

VivaNova posted:

Something about the words "mercykiller" "red death" and "executioner" in the thing KB linked makes me fairly confident Hal could kill non-towns. While you could be right, in terms of 'most likely' it feels legit to posit that he offed Asii N2.

I'm fine with the assumption that Hal killed Asiina on N2. That is the vig kill I'm talking about. That still leaves 2 kills unaccounted for during that night. One is surely scum and the other is probably an SK.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Hey TMM, why are you ruling out the dabus when one of the people who died was someone whose PM stated that they were being hunted by a dabus? Hey TMM why did you ask someone if they were worshipping the Lady? Hey TMM are you a dabus?

##vote TMM

• Locked thread