Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Give me a Lawful Good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

It's pretty cool how Torment handled alignments. You didn't get to pick, you just started off true neutral and your choices caused you to shift.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Hello friends.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

This honestly feels like when he claimed mason right off the bat in the game that I'm running instead of keeping it under his hat.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I mean it feels like he's telling the truth and not scum hiding under a mason claim.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Maybe when someone pings you as a bad guy you should explain why their post reads as bad instead of just posting a siren.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

CCKeane posted:

Hello my alignment is FART aligned.

Oh, you're chaotic neutral then?

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

CCKeane posted:

I see you are role fishing, that is pretty scummy.

No, I was making an observation that chaotic neutral is the most fart alignment.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

CCKeane posted:

Somebody has never hung out with Paladins. Pretty scummy imo.

Thinking Paladins are more fart than chaotic neutral is pretty scummy imo.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Lumpen posted:

##Vote VivaNova
Viva Nova is Scum right now I will tell you if this ever changes.

:lumpen:VOTE VIVA NOVA RIGHT NOW:lumpen:

What?

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

That's a really confusing post for a few reasons. Why are you sure he's scum? Why "right now"? Why will that change?

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Heres a reason: statistically and in the absence of an actual read, Viva is far more likely to be town than scum.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

All players are equally likely/unlikely to be scum at this point. I see no benefit to arbitrarily choose someone to push a dunk on before any real reads are generated. When he's on and can really respond, I'll read him.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Sure let's summon the lurker.

##vote Tom

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Asiina posted:

I'm still hoping my vote will make imgay actually post something coherent.

I used to think he never posted coherently in Mafia but he's actually been doing a remarkable amount of normal posting in my game so :shrug:

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Turns out this is actually reasonably effective at pushing people to get content out of them. I'm down with that.

##vote Hal

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

MC Eating Disorder posted:

Lotta dodgy poo poo goon on here guys but vines is the dodgiest. Extremely superficial, no real scum reads of his own, contributed nothing before the lumpenkrieg and now seems happy to cheerleader without bothering to apply any pressure

##vote vimes

Out of the lumpen targets I don't mind nova, feels very forced and overly self conscious to me, but why aren't we considering lumpen? Miller claim is bad, and we need to take care of it eventually. Hassling lurkers d1 is cool and proactive but I think if we let ourselves be dragged around by a dude we can't even confirm as town, that's gonna get really messy.

It's day 1, we haven't got any flips/results to go on so right now poking people to bring up some content is a solid course of action. It's good to make sure that people have some posts on record that we can examine in light of future information.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I don't intend on letting Lumpen yank town around all game. I still haven't forgotten your play in HotSfia. :argh:

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I'm not great at reading D1, but let's give it a go.

uranus has been pinging me. He throws out accusations of being a badguy and sirens without justification for thinking of people as badguys.
I have no idea what to make of imgay. I'd like to see some actual content from him, instead of this sonic bullshit.
I dislike that TMM tried to send the game back into jokephase.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

TMMadman posted:

It's more likely that he's just a pirate.

A butt pirate.

Also, hi thread. I see this game has started.

This post after joke phase had ended.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

VivaNova posted:

Not really. Please explain it to me!

Have you considered that this was his first post of the game, a couple hours after the thread opened?

It pinged me regardless and I was asked to give my opinions.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

You have a pretty high opinion of yourself to think that having a null read on you D1 makes me scum.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Kashuno posted:

I think it's new as of yesterday. I'm in another game with him and he went hardcore about it

A meta argument based on a game where he hasn't flipped is useless.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I'm going to bed now, but I'll be around about 1-2 hours before deadline. I won't miss it, don't worry.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

MC read more as town to me when he started posting. Being against allowing anyone to take control of the discussion is a town mentality, and the scummier move would have been to allow it for now and try to take over the discussion later.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Rereading Kashuno specifically, I think I am leaning scum. Things that pinged me that others haven't already talked a lot about :

• Joins in the Vivanova vote, but none of the other LumpenSteamrollerstm. Why did you like voting Viva but not the others?
  • Frames me joking that Chaotic Neutral is a fart alignment as "brought up alignment as a serious thing" which just feels off to me.
  • Apparently that me not making any comments on him on a reread of the thread makes me scum.
  • Makes a meta argument based on a game where the player in question hasn't flipped.

Either scum, or just having a really off day at mafia.

Lumpen posted:

Wrong, also not an accurate representation of this game. Are you lifting arguments from another game, maybe?

It's not a representation of this game, it's a representation of his view. I can understand seeing day 1 as being indicative of you being going to take control of the discussion. Allowing one player to do that is bad even if they seem townie.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Oh, and ##vote kashuno. Will be sticking around until deadline.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Lumpen posted:

Q1. In your experience, if someone mischaracterizes a Townie as "leadind people around D1", and tries to get that Townie lynched using that as an argument, is that person, in your experience, a Scum?

Q2. And you say it doesn't accurately reflect this game, but MCED has falsely charactized it as such, and tried to test that same argument, right?

Q3. Are you sure you want to stick to your contention that MCED is Townie?

A1. This is a slightly disingenuous question, as I do not know whether or not you are a Townie.

A2. Once again, I do not know how accurately it reflects this game. It's not like I can predict with certainty how future days will go.

A3. He is still reading as Townie to me. Being interested in avoiding one person having control over the discussion is a Townie viewpoint when a Scum player would just be able to night kill the person leading the discussion and then take over themselves.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I haven't seen that argument done either way on D1. However, in my first game ever I saw MC Eating Disorder take control of the discussion as scum and completely dominate the game so I can understand him being wary of such a thing.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I'll change my vote if the only alternative is no lunch.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

ugh. ##vote mc

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

+1 :v: :redhammer:

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

he's already been :redhammer:ed, we're just waiting for mithross to flip him and close the thread.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Section 31 posted:

Wasn't there always a town-aligned vigilante in big game? At least in the last two games I'm in (one with you included) there was a vigilante. I'm throwing that possibility, which could be wrong in this case (but seems unlikely).

That's a weird assumption to make.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

If I were scum, killing uranus (who I mentioned as a suspect and who considered me his primary suspect) would be a suicidal thing to do. If someone else were scum, killing uranus would result in very easily being able to implicate me.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Hey Kashuno, you probably weren't around to answer this question before the lynch, but I'll say it again.

quote:

[Kashuno] joins in the Vivanova vote, but none of the other LumpenSteamrollerstm. Why did you like voting Viva but not the others?

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

So you did. :downs: I recant that point.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Yeah, the gimmicky shitposty stuff is just frustrating. ##vote imgay

At the very least, we're getting pressure on him to post better.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I'll forgive him if he pulls anything as funny as "I singlehandedly cleared Hiipfire as town" this game though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

We're not turboing him yet, we're just putting pressure down to see if he can actually give content when there's a gun to his head.

• Locked thread