Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
VivaNova
Sep 12, 2009

The most epic adventure ever undertaken
Hello.

~Lawful Evil!~

(I have no idea what this means).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VivaNova
Sep 12, 2009

Hi! I joined this game for you and the mystical floaty donut.

SirSamVimes posted:

This honestly feels like when he claimed mason right off the bat in the game that I'm running instead of keeping it under his hat.
What's the implication here?

VivaNova
Sep 12, 2009

I deny Lumpen's allegation.

VivaNova
Sep 12, 2009

Lumpen posted:

You're in immediate serious peril. Better say some better things than that to save yourself. Who are you going to allege to be Scum?

You'd be better off pressuring someone else. I have to work now and I assure you I'm the type of player who posts frequently regardless of alignment. When I have reasons to allege that someone is scum, the thread will know.

VivaNova
Sep 12, 2009

Asiina and uranus are most the likely scum.

VivaNova
Sep 12, 2009

VivaNova posted:

Asiina and uranus are most the likely scum.

Elaboration:

Read thread. Reread with focus on Lumpen, Madman and Asiina as they caught my attention.

Lumpen's initial MO lines up with either alignment. Not as familiar with his part tendencies as others in this thread seem to be, but I gather he is an early bully/poo poo-stirrer. A miller role could potentially exacerbate the tendency for D1 content generation, as he previously alluded to feeling that he would be the most logical lynch if we don't come up with a better candidate. So I categorize him as leaning town based on this perspective. Still maybe cum tho~

Madman got an eyebrow raise for mentioning how he was totally open to lurker lynches in his defense of me. I felt it was a little premature to mention this position. The act of defending a townie against a baseless attack works for either alignment. However I found nothing else objectionable in his arguments and I like that he posted them, so I'm gonna lean town.

Asiina call is super easy. Argument based on time-stamps suggests a disproportionate focusing on narrative crafting. This viewpoint is commonly associated with scum and this early in the game makes it a legitimate reason to ##vote Asiina. I recommend everyone consider Asiina carefully.

On reread I noticed uranus. This is a meta call. Not currently voteworthy but I felt like registering it.

uranus posted:

everyone, just to set your hearts at ease, i am a good guy
What a relief!

Lumpen posted:

I see that you tried to reword your post and failed at backspacing or copy-pasting or something. What was the original wording and what did you think you changed it to?
Ha! Inserted the word "most", but its hard to get the drat cursor on the right spot on my phone :argh:

VivaNova
Sep 12, 2009

SirSamVimes posted:

I dislike that TMM tried to send the game back into jokephase.

To what is this referring?

VivaNova
Sep 12, 2009

Asiina posted:

You don't see that you made a single post since the game started, but then immediately respond to someone calling you out as something worth mentioning?
Not really. Please explain it to me!

SirSamVimes posted:

This post after joke phase had ended.
Have you considered that this was his first post of the game, a couple hours after the thread opened?

VivaNova
Sep 12, 2009

KB, I'll respond to you after Asiina gets back to me.

VivaNova
Sep 12, 2009

Asiina posted:

It makes me think you were browsing the thread and not participating, which is something scum tend to do. Which you still haven't answered if that's what you were doing. Was it coincidence? Were you reading along and didn't have anything to say? This is the third time I'm asking now, please answer.
I wasn't ignoring you to be rude, I just thought it wasn't very useful information but I apologize:

Both of the above. I checked in once or twice the night before but had nothing to say. Yesterday morning was a synchronicity.

What does this info make you think about me now?

VivaNova
Sep 12, 2009

fiery_valkyrie posted:

I dislike these posts from MCED. He wants us to vote Lumpen - and soon - because of a role claim and not because of gameplay.

The second post is particularly bad. Why would we commit to lynching a player for D2. Anything can happen with the D1 lynch and the N1 actions that would make lynching Lumpen a low priority.

If Lumpen is town, scum wouldn't be in a particular hurry to get rid of him tho.

VivaNova
Sep 12, 2009

King Burgundy posted:

I couldn't disagree with this more strongly. The funny thing is this reads to me as you trying to set up a false narrative about people that pay attention to the game.

Yes, on a higher level, we're all setting up and testing out narratives in here. However, this shouldn't be used to dismiss my case. The difference is intention.

I worried that Asiina paying attention to time stamps is her NOT paying attention to the game in an authentic town way. Like she's commenting on the most objective surface level of things (such as gay sonic) as an excuse to not develop deeper subjective insights that might be riskier to pull off convincingly.

I don't share her assumption about whether browsing the thread and not participating is really generally a mafia tendency. So naturally I don't feel any resonance with that line of thinking.

The question now I need to ponder is does SHE really believe time stamp analysis or voting someone for a D1 gimmick are legit.

VivaNova
Sep 12, 2009

Lumpen posted:

How do you figure?

1. Miller claim is always a source of distrust, they'd feel confident they can get you later if need be.

2. You are loudly wrong about at least one person's alignment.

3. They'd prefer to lynch an unknown player for a chance at a power role.

VivaNova
Sep 12, 2009

TMMadman posted:

However, I think the scummiest person is SSV right now and I think the biggest issue is that when asked for reads, this is what he provides:

Uranus always seems to post like that, so it's a null read at best. And of course, it's imgay being all weird and pretty much everyone knows it even if they haven't said it. And of course a weak prod at me for the first post I made in the game which came a couple posts after Lumpen got called cum because of a typo. He's playing cheerleader and avoiding making any hard calls.

##vote SSV
I'm undecided about Vimes and unfortunately it seems I can't ask him more today.

Going after people who make jokephase cases D1 is something that's succeeded in netting me scum in the past so he immediately caught my attention. However I would dislike Vimes more if he put a vote on you for it. Without a vote and in conjuction with :

SirSamVimes posted:

I'm not great at reading D1, but let's give it a go.

SirSamVimes posted:

It pinged me regardless and I was asked to give my opinions.
I'm left questioning if these reads feel forced and weak because Vimes is disinclined to put effort into producing stronger ones or if he legit has none as he claims.

VivaNova
Sep 12, 2009

TMMadman posted:

I don't think Lumpen alluded to being hung on D1 if there wasn't a better candidate. I think he said that he understands that he would need to be lynched a day before LYLO because of his Miller claim, which is a good understanding of the game.
##vote SSV

This is correct, thanks.

VivaNova
Sep 12, 2009

Lumpen posted:

This strikes me as a very self-serving and disingenuous post on every point. Every line is a convenient stance to excuse VivaNova's suspicious behavior and try to turn Asiina's reasonable suspicion back on Asiina.

Like, would VivaNova be criticizing Asiina's paying attention to time-stamps at all if it wasn't VivaNova's suspicious timestamps at issue? What a bizarre thing to try to paint as Scummy.

And VivaNova just said a flowery version of "lurking ain't Scummy". Which is bullshit. "I don't feel resonance with that line of thinking"? That strikes me as a very calculated statement and not the way a Townie would think about or react to the situation (getting caught lurking Scummily).

I am feeling confident that VivaNova is in fact Scum.

It's only disingenuous if you are searching for disengenuousness.

The alternative view is I (and others) didn't find my posting suspicious! Asiina and I guess you are the only one or two who seem to think it was.

My essential argument is that pointing out something that feels superficially or obviously scummy to the gut like "OMG Viva posted a few minutes after Lumpen called her scum!" is problematic when that story is actually extremely flimsy. It is based on questionable assumptions, misapplication of those same assumptions, and on an undue dismissal of a far more obvious interpretation- that I posted at that time because I was awake and had something to respond to. Which, in my view, is what we all do, regardless of alignment.

And, incidentally, I would not classify myself as a lurker, so I don't think saying "lurking ain't scummy" is in any way self serving!

I would recommend reading me from the perspective that I am town and see if that makes a difference in your feelings about me. If you honestly cannot conceive of a scenario where my thoughts make sense as town, then so be it. However, I assure you that all you are accomplishing with your current line of thinking is finding support for 'Lumpen is right'. Additionally, pursuing me is not an ideal path for today.
~~

Having considered everything thus far, I'm still partial to my Asiina case.
See you later.

VivaNova
Sep 12, 2009

##vote MCED

Now he's -2 I think

VivaNova
Sep 12, 2009

Asiina posted:

Okay, I thought there was maybe something more to it than that. I assumed it was that her and Madman missed that Keane had asked me to explain what I meant when they said I was making a case based on timestamps, especially since they both said something similar. I should ask though. Viva and Madman, did you realize that I was responding to a direct question when I made my post? Does that change your opinion of that post?

No and yes. The core of my problem with you yesterday was the initial pointing it out but I did keep harping on 'timestamps' which yes I see now was in response to Keane. I was def not totally on top of things D1 and I don't feel great about that. Anyways, I don't know about you but I don't want you to die immediately.

VivaNova
Sep 12, 2009

News: Someone approached me in the night and offered me great power if I would join him in the blood war. I refused since I am Good. 'I' being my character. I, myself, was given no choice.

So that's a thing that's happening in this game.

VivaNova
Sep 12, 2009

I would vote imgay. A turbo works better for my schedule....

VivaNova
Sep 12, 2009

Garth has a particularly unimpressive post history, consisting mostly of agreeing with the most popular opinions. True Neutral, indeed?

VivaNova
Sep 12, 2009

I'm glad some people looked at Garth.

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Additionally, how could you possibly post this as a reply to Keane, and actually be critically thinking about what people are saying?

I'm not sure what your point here is, FV.

VivaNova
Sep 12, 2009

Kashuno posted:

Sorry I've been away for the weekend with a lot of dumb stuff going on as well as being really sick. I'm back around now though. I'm always interested in looking at every possibility.

Hello, I'm sorry for your troubles and glad you are back.

Can you please explain what you were thinking when you posted:

Kashuno posted:

I'm the most town aligned. I'm so town there is no way for my role to even be a scum role. As such I look forward to being lynched d1 with this post as the scums main supporting argument, and then watching from the dead as town lunches the scum for me.

Thanks.

VivaNova
Sep 12, 2009

Section 31 posted:

Seems I need to analyze deeper the votes on MC Eating Disorder.

Section 31 posted:

I haven't finished reading the posts on MCED votes.
How's this going?

Cause, I have to say, fmpov there's really not that much to analyze- Asiina pretty much covered it.

VivaNova
Sep 12, 2009

Kash, I think you should answer TMM's questions to you. Esp. this post:
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3741313&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=13#post450455640

VivaNova
Sep 12, 2009

Kashuno posted:

What questions have I missed?
I meant just reply to his case, I think he raised a good point about you in that post.

VivaNova
Sep 12, 2009

Kashuno posted:

I don't disagree with his case or logic.
oh.
I kinda do!

##vote Kashuno

VivaNova
Sep 12, 2009

Kashuno posted:

I don't disagree with his case or logic.
I missed the 'don't' in this post. But.... that kinda makes it even more baffling.

I'll be back before 5~~

VivaNova
Sep 12, 2009

##vote garthoneeye

Can switch back. Whatevs.

VivaNova
Sep 12, 2009

I hope someone knows something.

Gotta go fast
:jewish:

VivaNova
Sep 12, 2009

Hi i apologize for my absence due to holiday. Very busy at work but will do the best I can the rest of today.

31- I paraphrased my night action thing pretty accurately. It did not sound like being asked to be a lady worshipper so I don't think I'm one.

Interesting that no one claimed to have been targeted last night. Suggests the target was killed or the action was successful.

There's the established opinion that scum tend to spend time searching for 3ps so that makes me a tad suspicious of you!

VivaNova
Sep 12, 2009

Section 31 posted:

Thank you. So, can we conclude that there is indeed another hidden team beside the Lady Worshipper? And yes, it's possible there was a successful recruit last night.

More spec:

I lean that direction, but no we cannot conclude that. Here is the baffling thing about my N1 result- the most obvious conclusion is there's a recruiter who can only target neutral and/or evil players. But there were 3 or 4 people who claimed neutral or evil D1. So why would this dude pick a rando to try to recruit N1 instead of one of them??

So that led me to think that perhaps it was a fancy way to let me know I was copped or alignment copped. I would have been a decent choice for copping N1. But, of course the target typically isn't notified when this occurs so again ??

I considered that scum tried to recruit me N1, but that seems like one of the less likely scenarios.

As Keane noted, there are certainly many moving parts this game.

Also I am unfamiliar with the flavor so dabus and ladies and blood wars dont mean much to me.

VivaNova
Sep 12, 2009

TMMadman posted:

So who's going to be around and who does everyone want to vote?

Reading now.

I remember why you said I was town, why do you think it about FV and KB?

VivaNova
Sep 12, 2009

Section 31 posted:

Actually, noticing a change in his style, it's possible he has been recruited by Lady Worshipper.

That makes absolutely no sense. Asiina wanted to choose targets that would not be killed. imgay doesn't fall into that category.

VivaNova
Sep 12, 2009

imgay posted:

Hal scum, people reluctant to vote hal are also scum.

I am reluctant to vote Hal, and not scum.

I was impressed by TMM's case on Kash yesterday but I think his case on Hal today is reaching and its pretty odd.

VivaNova
Sep 12, 2009

I didn't realize imgay meant Hal is definitely definitely scum.

VivaNova
Sep 12, 2009

TMMadman posted:

I can't see imgay making a play like this as scum because it would just be a 1-1 trade. If he says Hal is definitely scum and then it turns out he isn't we dunk imgay tomorrow. What exactly do scum gain from that play?

Considering such a scenario... i'd say scum is in a pretty comfy position. imgay is likely going down eventually. Might as well take Hal down first.

You also might be overestimating imgay but I'll let him speak for himself.

VivaNova
Sep 12, 2009

Section 31 posted:

As for the opinion, townies are supposed to search for those hostiles to them are they not (including solo SK)? What do you think of my assessment of possible solo SK?

I'd say from a town perspective, there's not much difference between an sk and scum for purposes of hunting- we're trying to find people who are phoning it in, being self-serving, contradictory or illogical.

Your idea about imgay being an sk: I understand your theory of why he's unlikely to be scum, but how does that make him likely to be sk? Shouldn't sks be as leery of engaging in gimmicky posting that will attract unwanted hostility as scum?

VivaNova
Sep 12, 2009

Good Morning, FV.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VivaNova
Sep 12, 2009

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Since no one else is interested in voting Section 31 with me

##vote SSV

I was interested! and was just about to add that

Section 31 posted:

There's the possibility that either the vigilante and mafia scum got roleblocked or the target was protected, assuming both attempted to strike at N1.

1. I used to love posting poo poo like this when I rolled scum, just saying.

2. More importantly, this post seemed like a stretch D2. Now with the events of N2, we see that he was most likely correct. I feel like that's odd?!

SSV is a good vote too tho.

• Locked thread