Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Chaotic neutral of course

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

MC Eating Disorder posted:

My only experience with this universe is trying to play planescape:torment while tripping so I'm open to any suggestions with where to start wrt books cause I haven't read anything in a while and I also really like getting into mafia flavour

That's a pretty excellent game to play tripping

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I mean this in a very positive way of course

Of course! It would probably be even better to be tripping and play the later parts of the game because there is some really dope writing in there as well as some super funky environments.

I think I may have played it on some sort of hallucinogenic too or maybe that game just made me feel like I was tripping I can't really remember.

Now I want to play again!

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I wanna say that chaotic neutral is the lamest alignment but I'm pretty sure lawful neutral is its main competition so I'll just shut my mouth

WHOA!

Way to be like "I will shut my mouth" after already talking poo poo.

It's not like you couldn't have just chosen to, you know, not post that instead of being all passive aggressive.

We are enemies.

:argh:

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

You're alright with me MCED, glad you could speak your mind.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Hi guys!

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

A lot seems to have happened while I was at work, got some catching up to do

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Hi Hal!

How are you?

Do you think vimes or nova is scummier?

I will have to asses this tomorrow after some sleep, kind of wiped right now, but I will look at them with a critical eye, and also you and everyone else too.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Hi I'm replacing the Hal Incandenza from yesterday who was never around at all to post, sorry friends. 96 hour work weeks are not something that should exist.

I am flying home tomorrow at 7am so it may be a little bit before I can get super back into the game but I will at least give some reads tonight.

Lumpen, I just want to say you have played probably 50 or more games with me so I think you would know if you really looked into your heart that my activity level is independent of my alignment by now. Also thinking I am scum because scum didn't kill me for lurking isn't very insightful or helpful. But I will agree with you that I was worthless yesterday. Hell, I didn't even realize until someone just said it that you claimed miller.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

CCKeane posted:

I believe in move fast man.

Who is that?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I don't even understand most of what imgay is saying. His posts are nonsense except the one where he accuses Asiina of being scummy for wanting to vig a town player who hadn't flipped yet so that barely makes sense. I still haven't fully digested D1 yet but I assume since MCED was lynched there was at least some reason to have suspicion of him.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Hal Incandenza posted:

I don't even understand most of what imgay is saying. His posts are nonsense except the one where he accuses Asiina of being scummy for wanting to vig a town player who hadn't flipped yet so that barely makes sense. I still haven't fully digested D1 yet but I assume since MCED was lynched there was at least some reason to have suspicion of him.

Unless I am missing something ELSE and that isn't even what he's referring to

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Oh wait Asiina wants to shoot imgay. That's even more hilarious. Yeah, I agree, shoot that guy.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

ok, ##vote imgay he's not even as funny as Harold Krell

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

SirSamVimes posted:

We're not turboing him yet, we're just putting pressure down to see if he can actually give content when there's a gun to his head.

I don't think imgay really gives a poo poo about that

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

CCKeane posted:

Yeah, I think that is a big part of it. I'm kind of uncomfortable with it.

At least when you decide to gimmick shitpost you are actually trying to help the town in some way. I don't see imgay even remotely attempting to help out.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Lumpen posted:

The fact that both Hal and SSV are voting imgay gives me pause. It does more to dissuade me from lynching imgay than anything imgay has said or done himself, which annoys me.

Well that seems silly. This game has very difficult deadlines. I was basically recovering from travel/work yesterday and now this deadline is in the middle of the work day. I'm trying to get something going but I admit I am having a little difficulty getting into everything.

Why are you so convinced TMM has some sort of info?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Kashuno posted:

TMM, Hal. How do you wonderful people feel about garth?

I just looked at garth and while he is low content I don't really see anything scummy, he has offered some opinions that seem like they are consistent with the (admittedly few) thoughts he has.

I haven't actually looked at the reasons people are calling him scummy, going to do that now.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

CCKeane posted:

This is lovely.

##vote garthoneeye

Keane I can see your points on Kash, but is that one post the only thing that bothered you about garth? That post didn't seem that bad to me, it didn't say a whole lot but it felt like someone who was just being a bit more circumspect. It only makes sense to me as a scum post if he was defending scumbro imgay, but you seem pretty set on not thinking imgay is scum for no discernible reason.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Asiina posted:

Then clearly you didn't read his post yesterday

I guess you are also voting garth based on that one post. Maybe it is just me but I didn't see that as being hedgey, it was just the type of post where someone realizes they are having a change of thought in midpost and chose to leave that in rather than rewrite everything. I guess you can say it's like a false narrative to make it look like someone is actually making reads, but it's something I tend to do all the time as town so it doesn't read as fake or hedgey to me.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I have to leave this job to drive to another one now, I am going to be back in a bit though not disappearing ok thanks

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

garthoneeye posted:

You should reverse this strategy and ask scum team to kill me, because I am vanilla town. This way you don't waste tomorrow's lunch if Imgay is scum.

I think you're town but you aren't helping yourself with posts like this

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Lumpen posted:

Upon what basis do you think Garthoneeye is Town?

I said it up a bit ago, but his posting has the feel of someone thinking things out in a natural way and I am not saying he's right with everything he's saying but I don't feel like he's faking content. Doesn't feel scummy to me.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Lumpen posted:

:lumpen:EVERYBODY VOTE IMGAY RIGHT NOW:lumpen:

This is still a fine plan.

I still haven't looked over a couple of the popular targets like kash and section but I have bad feelings around Keane. His thought process doesn't make sense to me at times and I get the feeling he's trying a little too hard to be engaged and holding back a bit in terms of brashness compared to his usual town self.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Lumpen posted:

On reread, I disagree with this so much.
##vote garthoneeye

I don't know if that makes me feel better or worse about my read.

I just looked at Kash, the only thing I don't like is when he goes after Garth he puts a lot of pressure on the point that Garth didn't mention one thing when Garth cases him. It a legitimate point but it feels like Kash goes a little overboard and uses it to dismiss everything Garth had said. I find that tactic to be rather scummy.

The rest of his listing feels alright but I'd vote him over Garth of it came down to that

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Asiina posted:

Hal we don't usually disagree this much. Are you scum?

I find myself agreeing with Keane a lot in this game.

No but it's possible I'm off. I'm definitely still a little out of it from last week and a lot of my reads are coming out of context. It always takes me a bit to get going when I basically miss a whole day like that. It really does feel like I replaced in.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Kashuno posted:

Garth and SSV for scumteam.

I feel like I am just on a totally different wavelength than everyone in this game

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Imgay gets to coast on by again eh?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

TMMadman posted:

I'd also still consider voting Hal because he just keeps excusing himself from playing the game.

I just can't post a lot but every time I can I try to say something, geez

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Lumpen posted:

Looks like Hal and Section31 trust garthoneeye so much they'll no-lynch over him.

Nah I will switch just hoping the momentum would go back to imgay

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Hal Incandenza posted:

Nah I will switch just hoping the momentum would go back to imgay

##vote garthoneeye

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Asiina posted:

:ghost: Good luck friends! I hope you all die in agony! :ghost:

:worship:

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

fiery_valkyrie posted:

I'd still like to lynch SSV but I would also go for Hal for constantly promising content and disappearing or Section 31 because I don't even remember anything he has contributed.

But I actually did show up and provide some content yesterday?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

SirSamVimes posted:

Thank you for doing a good post now. Also I want pirate falstad so badly.

Who do we have around to hammer?

I almost forgot this right after the hammer.

I almost fell out of my seat laughing... did you actually READ the post you called "a good post" and thanked imgay for? Just because it had more words in it did NOT make it a good post. I cannot believe you legitimately believe this, Please expand on the good parts of imgays post that you were thankful for

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

TMMadman posted:

Have you noticed that we don't really get full flips? We get flavor and win condition, but we don't know if any of the roles have an action. I mean sure, the watcher and vanillas are obvious, but we don't know if Asiina converts people or if people started with flavor about worshiping the Lady. And since Asiina's flavor win doesn't affect the town win, there is no guarantee that someone worshiping the Lady is town.

Also, did anyone notice that Lumpen didn't flip as a Miller and instead shows up as Lawyer. And again, we don't know if he had an action or not.

And why are you calling me out when your first post of the day was:

Why did you go out of your way to point this out?

Just so we are clear, I do no worship the lady, I was making a joke.

That being said, even you point out that workshipping the lady isn't likely to be alignment related so I don't get why you actually care unless you really are a dabus.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

SirSamVimes posted:

Why not? I was theorising on why there were so many night kills. If we assume one was scum, and surmise that one was a dabus, that only leaves one NK unaccounted for.

SSV do you have some information regarding NK's you would like to share with us? Generally people who theorize on it so much are doing so because they have knowledge.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

TMMadman posted:

Also Hal, do you have anything to say about this post by imgay?

It has poor grammar and spelling

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

TMMadman posted:

In three minutes after that vote count, FV and Viva both switch to Garth with Viva saying that she would be willing to switch back. So why did you hammer garth with 25 minutes left in the day when there were plenty of active posters and several people (including supposedly yourself) who thought Kash was scummier and was still a viable lynch option? It's not being the hammer so much that bothers me, it's that you did it when there was still some time to hit try to get a push back towards Kash or imgay.

No one was going back to imgay, but I suppose maybe Kash was possible. I just wanted to get on with the flip to see if I was as off as people were saying I was I guess. It wasn't all that likely anyone was moving at that point.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

##vote SSV His posting is all bullshit. Would also vote imgay, probably actually scum and not just shitposting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

TMMadman posted:

Is that all you have to say about it? Because to me it seems like a soft claim.

I'm sure it's not

• Locked thread