Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

It would be a real pain if it turned out we needed an intact raft to meet Johnny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Delvio
Sep 14, 2007

Glazius posted:

And the only explorable terrain on the island are the outlined squares, right? Whether they're full of fog or outlined in color? Because there are some stretches of coast and such northwest of the squares you've got, but they're not fogged over and therefore, I assume, unexplorable.

You are correct. The solid outlined squares are ones that have been explored, and the dashed outlines are ones that are available for exploration. White exclamation points are areas that have stuff we can interact with, like the skeleton couch, the fig tree, and the weird people we have been meeting. When you first explore a region it will have a red exclamation point.

Delvio
Sep 14, 2007
Day 21 – A huge pair of huevos

Alice leveled up yesterday, and is already leveling up her exploration skill fast enough, so I put her 7 skillpoints into constitution. This way, she will tire slower, and recover faster.

AM Tasks

Winters, Yuri – Chat

This is one of the best traits in the game. Nearly everything causes fatigue, so this will allow her to do far more tasks before needing to rest.

Illyana – Research (Result – 81% complete)

Jacob & Bob – Fish (Result – 3x fish)

Al & Julia– Gather wood (Result – 5x wood, and Al levels up)
Since we need a lot of building materials right now, I put all ten of Al's skillpoints to scavenging.

Alice – Explore (Result – found a hollow tree)

It looks like we can search the tree and still have the opportunity to chop it later, so let's have Julia check the place out.

Why would I expect anything else?

Oddly, soy sprouts will last forever in our inventory, so we can hang onto these for as long as we like.

We need more than just three fish for everyone, so I give Jacob the Camouflage Cloak (+5 stealth), before sending him off to the fishing spot that Julia kept diving into.

It looks like the camo cloak wasn't enough to sneak past the monsters on the island.

I guess the antlered skeleton moth bats might be territorial about their fishing grounds? I am not sure if there is any way to explain that that makes even the slightest amount of sense.

Jacob managed to catch a decent amount of fish this time, so I decided to press my luck and send him out again. He avoids being attacked and catches another 3x fish.

PM Tasks

Jacob & Bob – Chat

This is normally a great trait, but fishing does not build up fatigue, so Bob rarely has any fatigue to get rid of.

Illyana – Research (Result – 92% complete, and levels up)

Yuri – Cook (Result – 9x fish become 3x Tasty Meals, 6x generic Meals)

Winters – Gather fruit (Result – 4x fruit)

Al & Julia– Gather wood (Result - 7x wood)

Alice – Explore (Result – found a pair of giant eggs)

Unfortunately, the option to search the eggs is grayed out and cannot be selected. It looks like we need to do something else to unlock this option.

Night

Jacob, just because you were attacked by an unspeakable abomination that defies the laws of nature does not mean you need to take it out on everyone. This is going to really cut into our fishing efficiency, but we should still be able to get enough fish for everyone. I could split the shifts and have one of them fish in the afternoon, but then some fish would rot overnight. If we make the hunting set, then we could have Jacob hunt and Bob fish by themselves.

Current Status:

The ginseng from yesterday has our fatigue still at a manageable level, and our sickness is wiped out, but we are still building up depression. Even if people do not go fishing, they still get a little bit of depression each night depending on their malus levels.

Current Goals:
Make a giant omelet?

Current Jobs-
Scavenge the Plane (1 person max)
Harvesting fruit (2 people max)
Craft (2 people max)
Research (2 people max)
Rest (3 people max)
Chat (no max)
Explore (3 people max)
Scavenging Wood/Rope/Stone/Herbs (2 people max)
Fishing (2 people max)
Cook (1 person max)

Current Items-
Toolbox (+5 Crafting)
Psychology magazine (+5 Discussion)
Fishing Bait (+5 Fishing)
Spices (+5 Cooking)
Coffee (-10% Fatigue & Depression)
Medicinal Herbs (-3% Sickness)
2x Painkillers (-20% Injury)
Chocolate (-20% Depression)
1x Ancient Knowledge (+1 to all Skills)
Miracle Potion (-10% to all Hazards)
101 Sudoku (+5 Intelligence)
1x First Aid Mag. (+5 Medicine)
1x Empty Bottle
Ginseng Juice (-20% Fatigue)
3x Drugs – Cures sickness, but cannot use without the proper tech
Smelly Cheese (-20% Hunger, + 10% Sickness)
3x Bandage - Cures injury, but cannot use without the proper tech
2x Rum (+/-10% Hunger, Sickness, & Depression)
4x Soy Sprouts (decrease hunger from 1-5%)
Dried Meals (decrease hunger from 10-15%)
Healing Water (-20% sickness)
1x Cursed Fiance Ring (-20% Fatigue, + 10% Depression)
[s]Fire crystal (-20% to all negative states)

1x Decoy (+5 Hunting)
3x Skull (???)
6x Happy mushrooms (-20% depression, +10% sickness)
[s]Camouflage Cloak (+5 stealth)

Misc crafting materials

Shady Amish Terror
Oct 11, 2007
I'm not Amish by choice. 8(
Jacob's incredibly persistent insanity is just the greatest thing. He's got to be hovering at around an tenth of a heart relationship with most of the characters by this point. It's like the devs WANT people to kill him off. :v:

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost
I don't think we should touch the eggs. They're labeled 3 and 4 and I'm not sure we want to see 1 and 2.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

I'm actually betting they're part of a puzzle like the one with the bone that we haven't seen the whole of yet. Also we'll probably run into mama somewhere else anyway.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

dscruffy1 posted:

I don't think we should touch the eggs. They're labeled 3 and 4 and I'm not sure we want to see 1 and 2.

Should have labeled them III and V. Then even after we found I and II we'd be combing the island, trying to find a IV.

Delvio
Sep 14, 2007
Day 22 – Two fish and ten breadfruit

For our morning chores, I put two wood to fire, and juice two fruit. For Illyana's level up, I give her 7 constitution, and 6 knowledge.

AM Tasks

Alice & Julia – Rest

Yuri & Al – Chat

This is pretty useful, as all of Al's major skills can be done with two people. Having a good relationship with the other person will allow him to work more efficiently. Yuri also levels up, and I put all 6 points to cooking.

Illyana – Research (Result – discovered the meat dryer)

This is useless. The meat dryer is terrible for two reasons:
1. It requires someone with the cooking skill to operate.
2. In the sequence of tasks each day, the drying takes place after cooking, but before hunting or fishing. Right now, Yuri can cook up a huge number of fish each day, so there will almost never be anything left for drying. And any newly caught fish or meat will not be available until the next time-period.

If you are bringing in too much meat to eat, then you should do the following:
1. Feed it to your crew. If everyone is already at 0% hunger, then proceed to step 2.
2. Cook it up and serve it tomorrow. Only a small number of meals will degrade, and even then it will only be one step per night. If you have a good cook, then most of the meals will be three stars, so even the degraded ones will still be two stars. If there is too much food to cook, proceed to step three.
3. Switch people from hunting/fishing to other jobs. Even resting/chatting is fine, because then they will be in peak condition when you need them to start working again.

Winters – Harvest fruit (Result – 4x fruit)

Jacob & Bob – Fish (Result – 1x fish)

Ok, get your gear Jacob. You are going back out to the beach.

Nope, try again.

Sigh. We only have one more go before this fishing spot is exhausted, so you had better get a fish this next time.

When I said “get a fish”, I meant “get as many fish as possible”, not “get only one fish”. Yuri will need to slice it extra thin to make it stretch for tonight's dinner.
I feel sorry for Jacob, so I let him have a bottle of painkillers before benching him.

PM Tasks

Al & Illyana – Rest

Jacob & Bob – Chat

Unfortunately, fishing is not a utility skill, so it will not benefit from this.

Yuri – Cook (Result – 2x fish become 2x Tasty Meals)

Winters – Gather stone (Result – 2x stone)

Alice & Julia – Explore (Result – found another cute animal, and Julia levels up)

I wonder if this is the same animal that took our herb last time. For right now, I think I will keep this guy around as emergency rations.
If we ever have a bad morning fishing, we can always bag the little guy and let Yuri cook'em up.

Night

I don't know what is sweeter: Illyana, or all the fruit they gathered. It looks like we might have a decent meal tonight after all.

Current Status:

Al and Illyana managed to bring home the bacon last night, so we are doing fine on the hunger front, and only Julia is fatigued (lousy Lazy trait).

Current Goals:

We can try to gather supplies for hunting gear, or save our stuff for the next project.

Current Jobs-
Craft (2 people max)
Research (2 people max)
Rest (3 people max)
Chat (no max)
Explore (3 people max)
Fishing (2 people max)
Cook (1 person max)

Current Items-
Toolbox (+5 Crafting)
Spices (+5 Cooking)
1x Painkillers (-20% Injury)
1x Empty Bottle
[s]Fire crystal (-20% to all negative states)

1x Decoy (+5 Hunting)
3x Skull (???)
[s]Camouflage Cloak (+5 stealth)

Misc crafting materials

OminousEdge
Apr 4, 2013
Gather more Supplies. And save them unless you get a couple lovely days of fishing. if that happens, make the hunting gear, if not keep saving them for the next research project.

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.
Why did you get so few fish if Bob has low problems and is so skilled at fishing? Do Bob and Jacob hate each other or is the game just that RNG heavy?

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
I wonder if fishing just drops off with no comment, to force you into hunting. Or do you get other things from hunting, like pelts or whatever?

Quiet Python
Nov 8, 2011
I find it more than a little satisfying that Jacob completely botches his fishing task right after his rant about how people should be receiving rations based on how "useful" they are.

Karma's a bitch, isn't it Jacob?

Delvio
Sep 14, 2007

Mzbundifund posted:

Why did you get so few fish if Bob has low problems and is so skilled at fishing? Do Bob and Jacob hate each other or is the game just that RNG heavy?

In the original release of the game, fishing did not cause any depression. The drawback they had to balance it against hunting and harvesting was that fishing has a very random yield. With Jacob and Bob fishing, we have a chance of 0-10 fish each day, while gathering fruit with Winter would give us 2-4 fruit. We have just been unlucky with our yields.

Delvio
Sep 14, 2007
Day 23 – Helping hands

Before the morning session I give our lazy Julia 12 constitution points so that she can recover faster.
I also burn 2 wood, and juice 2 fruit to refill our consumables.

AM Tasks

Yuri & Julia – Chat

Illyana – Research (Result –9%)

Jacob & Bob – Fish

Nobody is starving, so four fish should be fine for today.

Al – Scavenge stone (Result – 2x stone)

Alice & Winters – Explore (Result – Winters levels up & we find a giant marble statue)

I am not sure if I would trust that water if I was you. I guess we can take a sample of it back to the camp and see if we can get someone to test it out.

It looks like it is just healing water. This is fairly useless since nobody is sick, but it will be nice to have if someone gets a nasty random event.

The character select screen for the drinking option displays the injury amount of the selected person, so it looks like it will help reduce that value. Since no-one is injured that much, I decide to pass in this option for now.

Before the afternoon session, I give Winters 6 scavenging and 5 harvesting skillpoints. This way, she can help out with either fruit or crafting supplies.

PM Tasks

Julia & Winters – Rest

Jacob & Bob – Chat

Illyana – Research (Result – 17%)

Yuri – Cook (Result – 4x fish become x Tasty Meals)

Al – Gather stone (Result – 2x stone)

Alice – Explore (Result – 66%)

Night

Oddly, Julia really seemed to like how Al handle that. I am not sure if it is because he is playing hard-to-get, or possibly Julia just like dumb guys.

Current Status:

Nothing too severe in terms of maluses, and most people are developing a couple of skills to focus on.

Current Goals:

Still looking for Johnny. We have enough stone for the hunting gear, and with the healing spring we can heal the hunting related injuries.

Current Jobs-
Craft (2 people max)
Research (2 people max)
Rest (3 people max)
Chat (no max)
Explore (3 people max)
Fishing (2 people max)
Cook (1 person max)

Current Items-
Toolbox (+5 Crafting)
Spices (+5 Cooking)
1x Empty Bottle
1x Healing Water (-20% sickness)
Fire crystal (-20% to all negative states)
1x Decoy (+5 Hunting)
3x Skull (???)
Camouflage Cloak (+5 stealth)
Misc crafting materials

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Is there anything we can build to get better at coming up with rope, or have we already got the gathering tools for that too?

Delvio
Sep 14, 2007

Glazius posted:

Is there anything we can build to get better at coming up with rope, or have we already got the gathering tools for that too?

The gathering station at the stump lets us gather rope. Each time period we can set it to collect either rope, wood, stone, herbs, or a random mix of all of them. The wood gathering task collects more per period than the other tasks, with you getting roughly twice as much as you would for the other items.

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.
Is the hunting bow going to be a significant increase in food collection? It takes a ton of materials and it seems like fishing is already all we need for food, especially with Bob's fishing hobby.

kjetting
Jan 18, 2004

Hammer Time
You probably explained this somewhere in the thread, but do the positive/negative traits count before they're discovered?

Delvio
Sep 14, 2007

kjetting posted:

You probably explained this somewhere in the thread, but do the positive/negative traits count before they're discovered?

I am not sure if they are counted or not. It is possible that the traits they have might not even be determined at the game start. The traits are randomized each game, so I do not know if all the traits are picked at the beginning, or generated over time.

Delvio
Sep 14, 2007
Day 24 – The lion sleeps tonight

No level-ups to deal with, so the standard two wood, and two fruit are used to top up our fire and water.

AM Tasks

Yuri & Illyana – Rest

Jacob & Bob – Fish (Result –

We are still doing ok on hunger, so one bad day will not kill us. Hopefully the RNG will favor us tomorrow.

Winters – Harvest fruit (Result – 4x fruit)

Al & Julia– Scavenge rope (Result – 7x rope)

Alice – Explore (Result – found a sacrificial altar)

We have a number of options here, so let's start with just searching it first.

Even with a 100 skill level in Stealth, Julia does take a penalty for her maluses, so her effective stealth is only ~88%, so she will occasionally get attacked.

Not bad. We already have one ancient knowledge, so now we can give +2 to all skills (or +1 skill to two people).

I hope Yuri has a good recipe for headcheese, because it looks like that is the main course for tonight.

Since the gods do not seem to be listening to us, I decide to save our meat and avoid taking the meat offering option for the time being.

PM Tasks

Al – Rest

Julia, Jacob, & Bob – Chat

Illyana – Research (Result – 30% complete)

Yuri – Cook (Result – 1x fish and 3x meat become 4x tasty meals)

Alice & Winters – Explore (Found a sleeping lion)

It appears that this is another encounter that is locked off for the time being.

Night

Just great. This is what you get when you have 10 Cooking skill and Yuri already using up the edible ingredients. If our hunger had been higher, this could have resulted in fatalities.

Current Status:

We were doing good on food, right up until Julia stepped in. If tomorrow mornings fishing is poor, I may just hunt that cute animal we found a few days ago.

Current Goals:
Find Johnny.
Figure out what is up with the eggs and the lion we found.
Either make the hunting gear, or save up for the next project Illyana comes up with.

Current Jobs-
Craft (2 people max)
Research (2 people max)
Rest (3 people max)
Chat (no max)
Explore (3 people max)
Fishing (2 people max)
Cook (1 person max)

Current Items-
Toolbox (+5 Crafting)
Spices (+5 Cooking)
2x Ancient Knowledge (+1 to all Skills)
Empty Bottle
1x Decoy (+5 Hunting)
3x Skull (???)
Misc crafting materials

OminousEdge
Apr 4, 2013
drat it Julia, and just when I was liking you more than Bob. Ok. seems like you are going to need more food options sooner rather than later. Make the hunting gear and start slaughtering animals for food as well as catching fish.

Zoe
Jan 19, 2007
Hair Elf
This is a weird game.

I like it. :)

Been a fun LP, I'll definitely be picking this up for myself.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
A bull's head and a sleeping lion. Man, this is getting all kind of... Aesop.

Delvio
Sep 14, 2007
Day 25 – Johnny on the spot

The fire and water are still at ok levels, so I leave them alone for today, so it is straight to work.

AM Tasks

Alice & Al– Rest

Julia & Winters - Chat

Illyana - Research (Result – 43% complete)

Nice! This should counteract last night's anti-feast.

Yuri – Scavenge rope (Result – 2x rope)

PM Tasks

Illyana – Research (Result – 58)

Yuri – Cook (Result – 7x fish become 4x tasty meals)

Jacob & Bob – They still are not too depressed, so I send them out to fish again (Result –

Two for two today. As I mentioned in the write-up for the drying rack, the sequence of the day's events means that these fish will not be cooked today, but most of them should still be good to cook up tomorrow.

Winters – Harvest fruit (Result – 5x fruit)

Al – Gather rope (Result – 2x rope)

Alice & Winters – Explore (Result – found a huge creepy guy)

The creepy men on this island are not nearly as photogenic as the creepy women.

First, let's see if we can mooch some food off of him.

Again with the skulls? Is she just too metal to use an ordinary fruit basket like Illyana?

Maybe the conversation will be less disturbing.

This place has terrible takeout, so we should see if the dine in menu is any better.

Not bad. The quality was low, but you can't beat the price. I think this place deserves a pretty good Yelp rating.

Night

It seems like drunken Yuri is a poet. It is a bit odd that such a hopeful poem made him depressed. Or maybe he is just bummed out that the vodka ran out. Maybe later we can sneak him some of that rum we have been saving.

Three of the leftover fish rot into barely edible messes, but we still have four useable ones for Yuri tomorrow.

Current Status:

Johnny's location is marked on the map. Normally you find him before the lion and the eggs, but the island locations are randomized each game, so I guess he happened to wind up on the edge of what the game considers “Northwest”.

Current Goals:

It looks like Yuri has his work cut out for him. If we cook in the afternoon, the day will end before we can go back to the map and deliver a meal to Johnny, so Yuri can just cook up the 4 leftover fish in the morning, and then we can deliver the food before the afternoon session.

Current Jobs-
Craft (2 people max)
Research (2 people max)
Rest (3 people max)
Chat (no max)
Explore (3 people max)
Fishing (2 people max)
Cook (1 person max)

Current Items-
Toolbox (+5 Crafting)
Spices (+5 Cooking)
Empty Bottle
1x Decoy (+5 Hunting)
Misc crafting materials
Skull count = 4

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Another day, another encounter that makes more questions than answers. I wouldn't be surprised if Johnny asks us to make him a meal out of the numbered animals though (or if they're the partygoers that don't belong he's talking about).

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost
I don't trust Johnny. Dude's probably got a cookbook called "To Serve Man".

Thesaya
May 17, 2011

I am a Plant.

dscruffy1 posted:

I don't trust Johnny. Dude's probably got a cookbook called "To Serve Man".

Nothing probable about it. He had human bones in the pile of grapes he was lying on.

DropsySufferer
Nov 9, 2008

Impractical practicality
Give him Jacob in exchange for a box of grapes.

Delvio
Sep 14, 2007
Day 26 – Feeding time

Two wood and four fruit go to replenish our fire and water.

AM Tasks

Illyana– Rest
Yuri – Cook (Result – 4x fish become 4x tasty meals)

They are lucky that we have yesterday's leftovers. They are getting pretty depressed, so I better let them chat in the PM.

Al & Winters – Gather rope (Result – 3x rope)

Yuri – Scavenge rope (Result – 3x rope)

Julia & Alice - Explore (Result – found a carnivorous plant)

Rooting around here (pun intended) seems like a bad idea. Of course, I will leave the decision on what to do in your hands.

Now that the AM tasks are done, we can deliver one of his tasty meals to Johnny:

Ok, so it looks like an entire meal was just an appitizer to him. Maybe he would like some scrambled eggs?

Who knew this easter egg hunt would become a trivia contest?

Thank goodness for specialization. A lot of dangerous events have a stealth option to hide from whatever is after you. Of course, not every danger is something you can hide from, so Julia is not entirely safe.

And yet another time when the coward's way is the correct way.

Hopefully these eggs will not hatch before we can deliver them.

Man, even the game ragging on Johnny. Just because you are a obese, blue, half-naked guy surrounded by human bones doesn't mean you don't have feelings.

I think that a fire crystal is a decent reward for a two course meal. Since we are already on the north part of the island, we are probably pretty close to Artie.

PM Tasks

Illyana – Research (Result – 66% complete)

Al & Winters – Gather rope (Result – 2x rope)

Everyone else – Chat

The only skill that uses strength is crafting, and it is difficult to raise that since it takes so long to gather the materials. Yuri is our best craftsman, so he will be working on whatever our next project is.

Night

I would be depressed too if someone like Johnny was my best shot at salvation.

Current Status:

Depression is still a bit high, so I may need to do another campfire session soon. Hunger is tolerable, but a few good meals would definitely help us out. The lower our hunger, the less depression we get each night.

Current Goals:

Having the hunting gear would help us get a more consistent supply of food, but we may want to save our materials for later projects. We do have some jungle events we can use for materials, like scavenging the alter for stone, and cutting down the hollow tree and fig trees for wood.

Aside from deciding what to do about materials, we also need to decide if we want to mess around with the carnivorous plant.

Current Jobs-
Craft (2 people max)
Research (2 people max)
Rest (3 people max)
Chat (no max)
Explore (3 people max)
Fishing (2 people max)
Cook (1 person max)

Current Items-
Toolbox (+5 Crafting)
Spices (+5 Cooking)
Empty Bottle
1x Fire crystal (-20% to all negative states)
1x Decoy (+5 Hunting)
3x Skull (???)
Misc crafting materials

Delvio fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Oct 31, 2015

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

I can't imagine the plant just letting us cut it down, but maybe Julia can add to her skull pile if we search it.

kjetting
Jan 18, 2004

Hammer Time

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

I can't imagine the plant just letting us cut it down, but maybe Julia can add to her skull pile if we search it.

Maybe we can add Julia to the skull pile if we search it... Or we can send Jacob instead?

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

kjetting posted:

Maybe we can add Julia to the skull pile if we search it... Or we can send Jacob instead?

Julia is useful with that stealth and fighting skill. Jacob isn't so much though so you still have a point besides the probably horrible depression that'll ensue if he dies.

OminousEdge
Apr 4, 2013
As far as materials go, we haven't been getting enough fish IMO, so I would say build the hunting gear, so you have more access to food. Also, Send Jacob to search the plant or whatever. If he actually gets stuff from it, awesome. If it kills him, it is one less mouth to feed and one of the biggest jerks in the group gone.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Yeah, build the hunting gear.

As for the plant... cut it. Carnivorous plants tend to be that way because the local soil is for poo poo, so there's probably nothing worth looking into nearby.

Delvio
Sep 14, 2007
Day 27 – Jacob's spirit quest

Before I send Jacob out to confront the giant carnivorous plant, he will need to be properly prepared for his quest. To make sure he is at the bet possible condition I give him 2 “happy” mushrooms:

I couldn't really capture it in the screenshots, but the game starts to get some major optical distortions after you use a “happy” mushroom. The effects persist until you select a different character.

Jacob is looking a bit queasy from his “dietary supplement”, so he will wash it down with a vial of the “healing” water we got from the strange statue:

Now that Jacob is fortified to the gills on suspicious natural remedies we found in the jungle, it is time to poke around a man-eating plant.

He gets smacked around a bit for a few points of injury, but nothing that would prevent him from going for a second round against this overgrown houseplant.

Quick, hide the rest of the mushrooms! Jacob is too old to go to prison!

Nevermind, it is just a four-eyed sheep. At least, Jacob thinks it is a four-eyed sheep. In his current condition, it could be just about anything.

It seems that Jacob has triumphed over many challenges this day and learned a valuable lesson. Hopefully he will still remember it after he recovers from the mushrooms.

Jacob took a pretty good beating on his spirit quest, and the poison is causing a good bit of sickness. He doesn't have any depression to get rid of, so using a Fire crystal now would be a waste. We will let him go fishing in the morning, and then get rid of all his maluses in the afternoon.

AM Tasks

Illyana, Yuri, & Julia– Chat

It seems that family counseling session paid off. This is an excellent trait for Illyana, since she will be constantly researching. Plus all the intelligence will really pay off when she levels up and gains a ton of skill points.

Al & Winters - Rest

Not only do we get a good haul, but Bob levels up and gets 8 skill points (which will go straight into discussion).

Alice - Explore (Result – found a flowerbed)

It seems like these plants are less hostile than the previous one. I suppose they could just be luring us into a false sense of security, but I will let you guys decide how to approach this.

Since Jacob now has 20% depression, I used a fire crystal on Jacob to eliminate most of his maluses. He still has a few points of hunger and depression, but he is free from depression and sickness now.

PM Tasks
Al, Winters, Bob - Chat

It looks like Winters and Al are more alike than they thought. Al doubles positive results, and Winters halves negative results.

Illyana – Research (Result – 80% complete)

Yuri – Cook (Result – 3 tasty, 4 regular meals)

Jacob – Fish (Result –

Jacob has a chance of catching 0-6x fish when he is by himself, so this is a pretty good result.

Julia – Gather fruit (Result – 4 fruit)

Alice – Explore (Result - 72% complete)

Night

Is she making fun of him for being fat, or being dim? I can see it going either way.

Overnight, two of the fish Jacob caught rot away. These will help supplement whatever Jacob and Bob catch in the morning.

Current Status:

Our skills are getting good, with most people having a couple of skills in the green level. Our maluses are also good, with the only major problem being Alice's hunger, thanks to that bulemia trait.

Current Goals:

We only need one more rope for the hunting set, and then we just need wood. We have been losing wood to the fire, but we can get that from jungle events or just by harvesting.

We also need to decide what to do about the flowerbed.

Current Jobs-
Craft (2 people max)
Research (2 people max)
Rest (3 people max)
Chat (no max)
Explore (3 people max)
Fishing (2 people max)
Cook (1 person max)

Current Items-
Toolbox (+5 Crafting)
Spices (+5 Cooking)
2x Medicinal Herbs (-3% Sickness)
Empty Bottle
8x Soy Sprouts (decrease hunger from 1-5%)
1x Fire crystal (-20% to all negative states)
1x Decoy (+5 Hunting)
3x Skull (???)
4x Happy mushrooms (-20% depression, +10% sickness)
Misc crafting materials

Ghostwoods
May 9, 2013

Say "Cheese!"
Sleeping in the flowerbed seems like a peculiarly specific option. Let's try that! Alice, maybe?

Delvio
Sep 14, 2007
Day 28 – Flower girl

As usual, four fruit get juiced to replenish our water, and two wood get burned.

It seems that we decided to send Alice Illyana to follow in Julia's footsteps and confront the terrifying plants we found in the jungle. (I mis-remembered who was voted for when playing)

It appears that the nap has cured all of two points of injury. She wasn't very injured before, so maybe it only heals a certain percentage of damage.

AM Tasks

Alice, Yuri, & Julia– Rest

Illyana – Research (Result – 89% complete)

An average day on the waterfront.

Al & Winters – Gather wood (Result – 6x wood)

PM Tasks

Jacob & Bob - Chat

Illyana – Research (Result – discovered the infirmary)

This will finally allow us to use the drugs and bandages we found so long ago. Of course, no-one is sick, and we are doing pretty good on the injury front. This may be something to think about getting in the future just in case we run into trouble.

Yuri – Cook (Result – 6x fish become 6x tasty meals)

Winters – Harvest fruit (Result – 6x fruit)

Al & Julia – Gather wood (Result – 10x wood)

Alice – Explore (Result – found a lost backpack)

The ginseng juices are the highlight of this find. This will allow us to heal a total of120% fatigue to our people. The meals we will keep on hand for a rainy day.

Night

I suppose that calling someone "mean but funny" could be considered a complement, but I am not sure if it is worth 20 relationship points. I suppose it could be Al's charismatic trait kicking in and doubling the increase.

Current Status:

Pretty good an all fronts. We have been getting a decent amount of fish, and no-one is seriously impaired, so we should be good for a while.

Current Goals:

We only need one rope for the hunting gear, or we could save our materials and get focus on the infirmary. It is up to you guys to decide.

Current Jobs-
Craft (2 people max)
Research (2 people max)
Rest (3 people max)
Chat (no max)
Explore (3 people max)
Fishing (2 people max)
Cook (1 person max)

Current Items-
Toolbox (+5 Crafting)
Spices (+5 Cooking)
2x Medicinal Herbs (-3% Sickness)
Empty Bottle
4x Ginseng Juice (-20% Fatigue)
8x Soy Sprouts (decrease hunger from 1-5%)
3x Dried Meals (decrease hunger from 10-15%)
1x Decoy (+5 Hunting)
3x Skull (???)
4x Happy mushrooms (-20% depression, +10% sickness)
1x Binoculars (+5 Exploration)
Misc crafting materials

OminousEdge
Apr 4, 2013
Get the hunting gear. More food is always good, and their is what seems to be virtually no sickness right now and Injuries don't seem to come up to often. Just do the Infirmary next since that would be the most important after having a constant food supply.

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.
Are Bob and Jacob becoming friends considering they do all their fishing and chatting together, or is Jacob just too toxic?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ceiling fan
Dec 26, 2003

I really like ceilings.
Dead Man’s Band
I'm sure everyone is pretty sick of fish. Let's go hunting and show the cute animals who is on top of the food chain. Maybe take out that lion too. Probably a good time to whittle down the depression and fatigue before the next night's episode of days of our lives.

• Locked thread