Search Amazon.com:
Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«680 »
Morningwoodpecker
Jan 17, 2016

OxMan posted:

Hey guys, ps4 version of Erectile Dysfunction is coming out this tuesday. I checked beforeiplay but the tips were very sparse. The OP says basically do bounties, buy ships from china, anything else a new player should know? I got the basic $30 no cool ship edition.

The easy way to make early money is go bounty hunting in a hi-rez asteroid belt (not haz-rez no police), find the space police and follow them around when they've almost killed a tough high paying pirate land a few shots on him and you'll get the full bounty (if your the only player there). Don't have any cargo in your hold and be very careful of friendly fire.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

A total basshole

OxMan posted:

Hey guys, ps4 version of Erectile Dysfunction is coming out this tuesday. I checked beforeiplay but the tips were very sparse. The OP says basically do bounties, buy ships from china, anything else a new player should know? I got the basic $30 no cool ship edition.

Basically the smartest thing to do is join the Diamond Frogs.

It's how you find any meaning in this game after the initial rush of newness wears off.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/s...hreadid=3773251

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.

For new PS4 players, I highly recommend this series of videos made for the Xbone version by YouTuber Hoopchi:

https://youtu.be/9XV-orVa0Jk

10 - 15 minutes long per episode, and he goes through all the stuff like controller layouts etc that most ED tutorial guides don't touch upon. I've watched a million hours of ED videos, I know all the advanced stuff, but found this series super useful because seriously, how do you get those dozens of buttons onto a controller? Well, this guy will show you how to navigate the map, docking, targeting, all that stuff while specifically dealing with it on a console controller.

Essential viewing for new console players imo.

Colonial Air Force
May 22, 2002

Bombing Redcoats since 1775

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lcqUCQ3mF7A

This looks really cool, but then I'm a fan of HCS in general.

I do wish content like this was actually in the core game, though. Maybe not with voice acting, per se, but accessible, findable, kickass chain missions that actually work and are engaging.

«680 »