Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

i support this government and/or service
We still posting our shredded paintjobs?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice
Ahaha. I'm going to crack a rib laughing at myself.

Auto docking in my python, met an outgoing Beluga. Its giant finwing thing didn't play nice. We both got stuck in the mailslot, and blown into vapor for loitering.

30 something passengers in my hold went down with me.

Rectus
Apr 27, 2008

Just gonna plug the Diamond Frogs explorers Tumblr for cool pics of Aps in front of things: http://dfexploration.tumblr.com/

You can upload to it from the Discord.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry

Really nice

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

If you power down shields in supercruise it strips paint faster.

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
College Slice
You could just do like I do and not fly with shields ot have more room for passengers.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

Thargoids have effects on the paint as well.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry

Hobold posted:

You could just do like I do and not fly with shields ot have more room for passengers.

This is how i've been running my rescue missions

Makes those final seconds blasting out of the airlock that much more exciting when you have no idea if a beluga is waiting on the other side

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
College Slice

Wow. Hull damage actually shows that kind of detail? I've never seen anything like that before.

I kind of want to go smash my ship up to see it but, not really.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry

Hobold posted:

Wow. Hull damage actually shows that kind of detail? I've never seen anything like that before.

I kind of want to go smash my ship up to see it but, not really.

I think that kind of hull damage only appears on the anaconda, the others just get their decals scratched

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
College Slice

Bohemian Nights posted:

I think that kind of hull damage only appears on the anaconda, the others just get their decals scratched

That, is extremely disappointing.

Mike the TV
Jan 14, 2008

Ninety-nine ninety-nine ninety-nine

Pillbug

Hobold posted:

That, is extremely disappointing.

Not if you fly an Anaconda.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

That’s at 60%, it gets a lot worse. I wish they had hull damage for the other ships as well.

Space Skeleton
Sep 28, 2004

The Anaconda has a lot of interesting details and features because while they were figuring out what exactly the ships were going to have as part of the ingame models they tested out ideas on it. So it has damage states for the armor and hull and even discrete internal compartments which can be ripped open.

There are some other ships which go the other way because they were finalized super early like how some of the Fed ships don't use standard utility mounts.

El Grillo
Jan 3, 2008
Fun Shoe
Livestream tonight at 7pm GMT (~20 mins from this post).

Tune in to see :frontear: do their :frontear: thing

The Brown Sea posted:

Tonight's Stream (16/01/18)
- Changes to Crime and Punishment
- Wing Missions
- ...and more!

Thursday's Stream (18/01/18)
- The Chieftain
- Planetary visual improvements
- Trade data improvements
- The Tech Broker
- more!

Following Tuesday's Stream (18/01/18)
- Engineers
- Material Trader
- GalNet Audio
- EVEN MORE!!!

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Hobold posted:

ah, the 1950s approach to airlines

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
College Slice

Truga posted:

ah, the 1950s approach to airlines

I've died once in the slot so far, why change now?

Orv
May 4, 2011
My favorite part of this stream is the chat filled with utterly insane ideas about punishments for gankers.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
:qq: won't somebody think of the people ruining other people's game on purpose :qq:

Orv
May 4, 2011

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

:qq: won't somebody think of the people ruining other people's game on purpose :qq:

I know that's your thing in this thread or whatever your deal is, but I'm not saying that at all. People are recommending totally out of proportion things for people who gank, which is funny. Whether or not ganking is good doesn't enter into it.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

just anticipating the salt generated by player """pirates""", friendo.

nice projection tho!

Mike the TV
Jan 14, 2008

Pillbug
Anyone who kills another a player is sent to a parallel instance where they live out the other side of the gank, repeated for eternity.

DreadLlama
Jul 15, 2005
Not just for breakfast anymore
I don't think people appreciate the opportunity cost associated with ganking. You have to be in a purpose-fit ship, waiting around for the right target to present itself. That's time spent not mining, not earning an income. And a lot of your targets are just going to go 4 pips to sys and high-wake out before you blow them up, too. If anything, ganking needs a buff.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Lol at the guy asking about combat logging

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Have some chieftain info:

quote:

Chieftain - Medium landing pad ship. Mainly a combat ship. More maneuverable than ships of a similar size and will be available to all players who can afford to buy it. Not hundreds of millions. Two large hard-points, one medium and three small. This will be available to owners of Horizons only.

Mike the TV
Jan 14, 2008

Pillbug
Detention facilities!

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

why is the other team in this game that has pvp killing me??????

Orv
May 4, 2011

So just a better FAS/FDS?

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Oh so it’s the new Vulture. I’m ok with that.

Warbadger
Jun 17, 2006

Just getting started with this game. Anyone got a solid keybind list or something for the Thrustmaster T-Flight HOTAS X?
I noticed the default one has a ton of stuff without bindings and the only thing worse than keybind overload is that plus trying to figure out if I need to bind some essential function to a key.

Mike the TV
Jan 14, 2008

Pillbug
The new wing missions look like a huge goddamn improvement. Like holy poo poo you can do a delivery mission over as many hauls as you want, instead of needing to do it all at once.

Helianthus Annuus
Feb 21, 2006

can i touch your hand
Grimey Drawer
the new C&P stuff just seems like a huge waste. how is this fun for anyone?

Mike the TV
Jan 14, 2008

Pillbug

Helianthus Annuus posted:

I guess instead of just killing people for fun, now there is an extra layer of also escaping punishment.

Sixto Lezcano
Jul 11, 2007

Hi I hope I'm not too late for Pretty Screenshot Chat

And also this isn't a screenshot it's lots of them in sequence and also music.

T Tauri is my favorite system in this game. It's outside the bubble enough to feel remote, but only like 200ly beyond the Pleiades. It's got a cool as hell asteroid station, Hind Mine, located INSIDE an asteroid ring, and that station has a shipyard so you can transfer your real good fightin' ship. And most importantly the whole system is inside a fukken cool orange nebula that fills the skybox and gives a real sense of perspective (I am poor, I do not have VR).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pK5LyW0Jk_Y

I made a lil video of some of my fights there, because the nebula makes ships really stand out. Sorry in advance for the motion sickness - I filmed a lot of this in a Vulture and an SLF so I'm whipping around a lot. When I have a bit more free time I wanna go back, reshoot some of this B-roll and get some more varied footage (closeups, weapons, etc).

EDIT: Shoutout to House of the Dying Sun, and Olivier Zuccaro in particular, for the baller loving music. You can find the soundtrack here if you want to listen to cool drums for space fightin'. Also if you like space dogfighting, House of the Dying Sun is loving phenomenal (and made by a friendly and nice goon, iirc).

Sixto Lezcano fucked around with this message at 21:01 on Jan 16, 2018

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Nice, but it's still weird that they either add two more combat ships, or turn the Krait into an explorer/all-purpose ship. Wasn't the original Krait a fighter?

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Helianthus Annuus posted:

a good c&p system makes open world games way better

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

Warbadger posted:

Just getting started with this game. Anyone got a solid keybind list or something for the Thrustmaster T-Flight HOTAS X?
I noticed the default one has a ton of stuff without bindings and the only thing worse than keybind overload is that plus trying to figure out if I need to bind some essential function to a key.

This was linked to me when I started with the same HOTAS like two weeks ago, it's a great layout: https://www.mcdee.net/elite/binds/zyumgm?replay=zyumgm (profile is at the bottom)

NOTE that if you have/get Horizons you'll need to set up some bindings for the Surface Recon Vehicles as well but flying around with that as your basic controls will give you a great idea of how you want to bind that anyways. The binding file is just an .xml I think, so unless you're like me and dump yourself into an SRV mid-mission and then frantically have to bind a bunch of poo poo in-game while system defense is shooting at you it's probably easiest to just open it up and copy/paste whatever you need from the flight control bindings sometime out of game before you buy a vehicle hanger.

DatonKallandor
Aug 21, 2009

"I can no longer sit back and allow nationalist shitposting, nationalist indoctrination, nationalist subversion, and the German nationalist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious game balance."

Blind Rasputin posted:

Oh so it’s the new Vulture. I’m ok with that.

That depends entirely on the price. The big thing about the Vulture is that it's the last sensibly priced combat ship.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro

quote:

Chieftain - Medium landing pad ship. Mainly a combat ship. More maneuverable than ships of a similar size and will be available to all players who can afford to buy it. Not hundreds of millions. Two large hard-points, one medium and three small. This will be available to owners of Horizons only.

Haha holy gently caress why?

Sixto Lezcano posted:

Hi I hope I'm not too late for Pretty Screenshot Chat

And also this isn't a screenshot it's lots of them in sequence and also music.

T Tauri is my favorite system in this game. It's outside the bubble enough to feel remote, but only like 200ly beyond the Pleiades. It's got a cool as hell asteroid station, Hind Mine, located INSIDE an asteroid ring, and that station has a shipyard so you can transfer your real good fightin' ship. And most importantly the whole system is inside a fukken cool orange nebula that fills the skybox and gives a real sense of perspective (I am poor, I do not have VR).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pK5LyW0Jk_Y

I made a lil video of some of my fights there, because the nebula makes ships really stand out. Sorry in advance for the motion sickness - I filmed a lot of this in a Vulture and an SLF so I'm whipping around a lot. When I have a bit more free time I wanna go back, reshoot some of this B-roll and get some more varied footage (closeups, weapons, etc).

EDIT: Shoutout to House of the Dying Sun, and Olivier Zuccaro in particular, for the baller loving music. You can find the soundtrack here if you want to listen to cool drums for space fightin'. Also if you like space dogfighting, House of the Dying Sun is loving phenomenal (and made by a friendly and nice goon, iirc).

That video is dope and you should totally list it.

• Locked thread